Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2008 9:23 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tell us what you thought about the first episode of Wedding Peach!

I felt it was a little too much like Sailor Moon, for example, a klutzy main character, demons following the orders of an evil Queen, the characters gain magical powers....ect...

But I still enjoyed the first episode =D

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Dec 1, 2008 4:55 PM

Jan 2008
I thought it was pretty good. The wedding dresses annoyed me though. And what was it that protected the girls from their true identities being shown?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 8, 2009 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
The first thing that came to mind was Sailor Moon.

Jul 14, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2010
Ramen said:
The first thing that came to mind was Sailor Moon.

^exactly :)
May 13, 2016 5:31 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I know its Sailor Moon like but I like it :3

Jul 31, 2020 12:41 AM

Jun 2015
The way they portrayed Momoko's relationship with her friends made it feel more mean than anything else, so it was weird when she got all emotional at the end. Also strange how they show flashbacks to moments we haven't seen yet and none of the shots really conveyed a strong sense of friendship.

I won't necessarily call it a Sailor Moon ripoff though. A lot of the concepts feel familiar, but tonally I'd say it's pretty different, and most importantly: less gooder.

Let's see if it gets better later on.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Nov 12, 2021 6:37 PM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
I honestly just wanted to see why this thing makes it on to so many nostalgia lists and good fucking lord, I tried to not compare it so much to Sailor Moon but it's kind of hard not to. I'm not even a super deep SM fan either. I'm almost kind of shocked she didn't get an animal companion.......yet.

Also I know this is up to flavor but the girls hair designs but mostly Momoko is really hard to look at for too long. I'm curious to watch more. For the sake of just my "being bored" but honestly I feel like nostalgia goggles are heavy here.

I looked at the manga just to check on the look of it and honestly if they would've made it more cutesy and a different flavor of shoujo. It could've felt at least different enough in style. And Momoko though similar in the manga, her being a klutz and a bit simple is played off much cuter and the jokes land a whole lot better, them trying to make her so alike to Usagi and be as air headed kind of ruins it.
StripesNov 12, 2021 6:42 PM
Sep 22, 2022 2:25 PM

Apr 2016
That was a cute first episode. Nothing terribly remarkable, but I can see a show like this potentially becoming a favorite if it turns out good. The backgrounds really stood out to me as the MVP tho, like goddamn they're so gorgeous.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ai Tenshi Densetsu Wedding Peach Episode 21 Discussion

Yiuumii - Jun 23, 2017

2 by LaShoujo »»
Jan 17, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Ai Tenshi Densetsu Wedding Peach Episode 7 Discussion

Yiuumii - Nov 24, 2016

3 by ItsXolo »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:15 PM

Poll: » Ai Tenshi Densetsu Wedding Peach Episode 8 Discussion

Yiuumii - Jun 22, 2017

1 by LaShoujo »»
Oct 22, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Wedding Peach Episode 43 Discussion

Retro8bit - Jul 17, 2009

4 by meganium »»
Sep 25, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Wedding Peach Episode 37 Discussion

Retro8bit - Jul 13, 2009

2 by Save_My_Earth »»
Oct 3, 2022 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.