Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2008 5:00 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The poor father, gave up on his daughter and ready to die, only to find out that she finally woke up T_T
Jul 23, 2008 10:28 AM

Jun 2008
That was so sad..... he already gave up on his life and then his daughter wakes up.... but he was just trying to get revenge for his family.... poor dude T~T

Sig WILL change soon~
Nov 28, 2008 10:24 PM

Jun 2008
Hehe HUMAN FAIL!
Jul 23, 2009 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
whats with the kiss ?
Jul 28, 2009 11:32 AM

Oct 2008
That was really bootleg for the father D:
Ai was pretty epic in this episode, with the wiener and the peace sign. xDD
Sep 7, 2009 11:13 PM

Mar 2009
Sad, but some things like that are not worthy of sending someone to Hell. Highly disrespectful, but come on!
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Sep 26, 2009 8:08 AM

Aug 2009
Lol Kikuri gave that daughter a kiss and after that, she woke up!

Poor restaurant old guy. He's going to jail right after his daughter wakes up after 5 years.

Oh and epic win for Ai for giving that "V" sign while sending someone to hell. :D
Oct 3, 2009 11:11 PM
May 2009
Sad episode overall.

I found it a little dumb that he decided, "Oh hay, screw these guys messing around in front of the camera, I are serial killer now." I mean sure it was extremely disrespectful...but still.

*shrugs* Since when does anime have to make sense anyways?
Nov 17, 2009 8:47 AM

Apr 2009
So sad for the father... but that's the twist to the series.

But lol for Kikuri with the weiner!
Jan 14, 2010 3:07 PM

Nov 2009
those ppl in front of the camera are VERY disrespectful!!! but he shouldnt have kiled because of that...
May 20, 2010 1:00 AM
Sep 2009
I get the guy's motivations, and the whole "RESPECT IS EVERYTHING IN JAPAN", but serial killing seems a little overboard.

Also, Kikuri. Kikuri, Kikuri, Kikuri... Disarming as the last few episodes have been, waking the girl has re-roused my suspicions of her...
Just my two cents.
May 23, 2010 8:31 PM
May 2010
Lol....those dumbasses are just like me....always wanting to be in front of camera and do stupid things just to get on the news and show off...So that means I might get killed too!!
May 28, 2010 4:52 PM

Mar 2010
crazy dumb reason to become a serial killer, honestly. his daughter should have been his reason for living, not revenge; an idiotic revenge to boot.

weak episode, in my opinion...
Jul 3, 2010 3:23 PM

May 2010
I thought it was kinda nice seeing murders without the dolls. I like how Ai is getting character like with the hot dog just rubbing it in her face without a word, and I thought the reporter thing was funny
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jul 28, 2010 1:46 AM

Jun 2008
Idk but I had to laugh when Ai made the peace sign. xD

Kikuri is getting even more strange.
Aug 25, 2010 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
The reasoning behind sending people to Hell in the last few episodes have all been pretty weak (not that there's any excuse to murder people ever), but I guess it goes to show just how human beings can hate for any reason (or hardly any reason at all).
Oct 30, 2010 3:45 PM

Jul 2010
The old man would've been better off not knowing she opened her eyes I guess, it's too sad :(

I dislike Kikuri, she's annoying, too childish, only gets in the way and WTH can bring back people who are in coma? o.O

Ai was great this episode, working in a shop, getting into a fight with Kikuri about food and making the V while sending him to Hell...
Feb 19, 2011 6:02 AM

Oct 2008
Wonder who Kikuri really is..
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 1, 2011 8:00 AM

Oct 2009
Lol Ai eating wiener and peace sign, epic way to send someone to hell ^-^''
Aug 12, 2011 1:41 PM
May 2010
The wiener scene was so random....the characters have changed a lot since the first season.
Aug 17, 2011 11:13 AM

Aug 2009
I guess he needed to vent his anger and frustrations. Since the driver was already dead, those five with the peace signs just so happened to get caught in the headlights of his vengeance. Stupid, but understandable. A sad ending every time.

The real victim is the daughter. All of a sudden she wakes up to find her entire family dead and finds out her father carried out murders over something stupid. How is she going to get over that? And who's going to take care of her and help her rehabilitate. She'll be in debt for the rest of her life paying her hospital bills... ugh. I just made myself real sad.
Jan 20, 2012 10:39 PM

Dec 2011
Is the little girl's kiss part of the main plot, perhaps? How interesting! I was wondering what was up with her... such a troublemaker, really.

toneytigre said:
I guess he needed to vent his anger and frustrations. Since the driver was already dead, those five with the peace signs just so happened to get caught in the headlights of his vengeance. Stupid, but understandable. A sad ending every time.

The real victim is the daughter. All of a sudden she wakes up to find her entire family dead and finds out her father carried out murders over something stupid. How is she going to get over that? And who's going to take care of her and help her rehabilitate. She'll be in debt for the rest of her life paying her hospital bills... ugh. I just made myself real sad.

^^I agree.

Excellent Episode; 5/5

Signature:
Signature:
Jan 27, 2012 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
so sad ):
Feb 19, 2012 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
toneytigre said:

he had all but given up after years of extreme depression: firstly, his wife and son are killed by what seems to have been a drunk driver, considering his opposition to serving alcohol to the couple who drove themselves; secondly, witnessing utmost disrespect for the passing of human life by degenerates throwing 'peace' signs to get on camera (ironic when you think about it a little, putting up peace signs in front of a crash site where innocents were killed); third, his daughter ending up hospitalized in an eternal sleep, according to medical experts; and lastly, finding out about his inevitable death caused by cancer... knowing very well that even if his daughter were to miraculously awaken from her coma, he wouldn't be alive to see it.

when you're faced with that much on your plate, i can't see how anyone could possibly keep their sanity. most people would probably deny his logic as to why he would carry out such an idiotic thing like murder; the way i see it, he's an innocent, broken man surrounded by misfortune, with absolutely nothing to lose. it definitely doesn't justify him killing others or leaving behind debt and possible harassment for his daughter, but i don't think even 'I' could convince myself to act rationally if i were to witness all these instances happening all at once, with only questions and no answers, surrounded by people who constantly tell me to 'give up' or it's hopeless

this show is fantastic with depicting disturbing physical and mental trauma in a multitude of ways
Peekaboo58Feb 19, 2012 6:30 AM
Apr 18, 2012 10:19 PM

Jul 2011
bnaks said:
toneytigre said:

he had all but given up after years of extreme depression: firstly, his wife and son are killed by what seems to have been a drunk driver, considering his opposition to serving alcohol to the couple who drove themselves; secondly, witnessing utmost disrespect for the passing of human life by degenerates throwing 'peace' signs to get on camera (ironic when you think about it a little, putting up peace signs in front of a crash site where innocents were killed); third, his daughter ending up hospitalized in an eternal sleep, according to medical experts; and lastly, finding out about his inevitable death caused by cancer... knowing very well that even if his daughter were to miraculously awaken from her coma, he wouldn't be alive to see it.

when you're faced with that much on your plate, i can't see how anyone could possibly keep their sanity. most people would probably deny his logic as to why he would carry out such an idiotic thing like murder; the way i see it, he's an innocent, broken man surrounded by misfortune, with absolutely nothing to lose. it definitely doesn't justify him killing others or leaving behind debt and possible harassment for his daughter, but i don't think even 'I' could convince myself to act rationally if i were to witness all these instances happening all at once, with only questions and no answers, surrounded by people who constantly tell me to 'give up' or it's hopeless

this show is fantastic with depicting disturbing physical and mental trauma in a multitude of ways

i totally agree and on a side note kikiru really loves weiners o.0
Aug 9, 2012 8:22 AM

May 2012
Great episode with a great story! It was really sad to see the father gave up on his daughter to than later realize that she woke up!
Sep 17, 2012 12:46 AM

Apr 2011
Sorkalith said:
Sad, but some things like that are not worthy of sending someone to Hell. Highly disrespectful, but come on!
Let does drive people to insane things.

Here a interesting scenario for everyone here. What if your family died and I was doing the "moon walk" at their graves, how would you feel?

or maybe I was taking a huge dump on it.

This man has lost his family and had nothing left.

Here some service, so this episode wouldn't be too gloomy.
Sep 20, 2012 8:32 AM

Jun 2012
Enma Ai seemed quite epic in this episode, and not just because of the V sign.

The face she had when she does the death-glare before sending someone to hell was amazing in this episode.

Really good stuff.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Sep 21, 2012 11:47 PM

Jan 2012
dat wiener scene xD
Mar 2, 2013 4:14 PM

Oct 2012
That episode was really sad...that is all. ;_;
Aug 1, 2013 1:00 PM
Aug 2012
ugh, that was fucked up
Aug 28, 2013 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
the V sing thing that this guys did was same as laughing at some1 else's pain & death & misery, they deserved to get beaten up, but sending them hell for that is overkill/going overboard
Sugram22Nov 2, 2017 1:40 AM
Aug 28, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
mrzkitty said:
bnaks said:

i totally agree and on a side note kikiru really loves weiners o.0

i agree as well & not to mentioned, this guys mocked hes pain by doing this V sings behind that reporter, this guy's added oil in to fire, or rather gas in to fire

its same as u have funeral in the cemetery & some1 with hes buddies show up, they are like moving party having fun fooling around & they start to fool around at ur funeral its disgraceful & disrespectful (by ur funeral i mean that some1 close to u died & u are organizing it), ofc to kill for that is dumb, but ppl in grief don't always think clearly
Sugram22Nov 2, 2017 1:49 AM
Dec 1, 2013 10:37 PM

Jun 2012
i got mixed feelings on this episodes i can understand how he felt that the idiots where doing peace signs behind the reporter its idiotic thing to do but its no reason to kill them. then again i can only feel really sorry for this guy who was sent to hell the other were kilt that is at least better then going to hell poor guy. also feel sorry the daughter of course.

i noticed curses are like karma she says curses come home to there roost and we all know karma do bad get something bad to happen do good something good will happen. (most of time only bad things happen even if you do good XD. karma is a bitch at least Ai is nice. )

i wonder if Ai knew this girl would wake up and about this other girls powers.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 16, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
disco said:
crazy dumb reason to become a serial killer, honestly. his daughter should have been his reason for living, not revenge; an idiotic revenge to boot.

Most of the reasons why some are sent to hell is stupid and unnecessary
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Oct 11, 2014 9:36 PM

Nov 2013
Poor man. Just when he gave up on his life and murdered a bunch of people, his daughter awakens. That must suck for him.

Can't even imagine what the daughter will have to go through when she finds out that her father's a murderer and her mother and brother both died.

Kikuri will give good head when she gets older. ;)

Good episode. The punishment scene in this one was epic.
FunnyRatmanOct 11, 2014 9:43 PM

Sep 27, 2015 6:30 AM

Aug 2014
See kids? Being an ignorant asshole can sent you to hell.

And poor guy. Everything went to shit for him at the end.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jan 2, 2016 7:37 PM

Aug 2012
When Ai did the peace thing when he was being sent to hell & the wiener scene was funny.
But the way those idiots we're disrespecting that family's memory, especially on tv with this stupid pose, trying to get some screen time was messed up. That's just how people are over here when people die, except it's taking videos & pictures. Disgusting humans.
I feel so bad for the dad, he did all of that, only for his daughter to wake up from her coma when it's too late. So sad.
If that little girl could of woken her up, she could of done that from the beginning. But, then there wouldn't be any irony I guess..
Jan 18, 2016 6:53 PM

Jan 2014
That was sad....poor father..
Ai and Kikuri lol xD
May 4, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was sad but every time I think of Ai eating that wiener or giving the peace sign, i cant help but laugh.

I like the small interactions they are doing with Ai and Kikuri, it's adorable, funny and they should keep it up, it makes this season less depressing (the reporter and his daughter were annoying in the last season)
Aug 7, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2008
I actually found this episode quite dull and a bit of a drag. =/ Only thing I got from is it is I'm not thirsty for sausage.
Nov 20, 2016 2:37 AM

Aug 2014
honestly who is that little girl???????? she kind of appeared and no one even questioned it.
Xtina is my mother!
Apr 5, 2017 11:09 AM

Apr 2009
Does anyone wonder what happened to Tsugumi and Hajime-chan now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2017 5:20 AM

May 2015
Poor father. :(((
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 2, 2017 1:45 AM

Sep 2012
figure8life said:
whats with the kiss ?

haven't u heard off sleeping beauty? XD

jokes aside she has the power of kiss of life, she woke her up to punish her father, Ai mentioned that hes sin of murder is separate matter & kiruri is gods tool or god herself, tool to make sure there isn't unbalance

Animefanx3 said:

I dislike Kikuri, she's annoying, too childish, only gets in the way and WTH can bring back people who are in coma? o.O

to punish the old man ofc, Ai mentioned that hes sin of murder is separate matter, hinted that for that he gets hes own punishment at some point
Sugram22Nov 2, 2017 2:05 AM
Nov 2, 2017 1:55 AM

Sep 2012
jimmy2027 said:
Lol....those dumbasses are just like me....always wanting to be in front of camera and do stupid things just to get on the news and show off...So that means I might get killed too!!

depend where u do that :)

do it in a ferry sad place like example accident where some1 died or ended up in coma just like this dude & u just mite get killed, best case scenario u just get beaten up
Nov 2, 2017 2:00 AM

Sep 2012
disco said:

almost dead daughter as reason to live? are u kidding me, specially when doctors said the the chance of her waking up new is almost zero & he lost hope that she will ever wake up, considering all that she cant be reason to go on living, its the opposite

but killing for that reason cause they guys were just disgraceful & disrespectful jerks is dumb
Nov 2, 2017 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
Ai should do it more often, get more involved like this time just like her companions cause then its more fun
Jan 11, 2018 6:08 AM

Oct 2015
Ai and Kikuri's interactions are just perfect xD

Didn't care much for this episode. The whole peace sign thing cracked me up.
Nov 25, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2018
Ai eating the sausage in front of kikuri had me dying tbh. the scene where ren wanted to work part time at the shop to investigate and ai was like „good idea“ was also amazing. Overall good episode + a little bit of ren focus!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

64 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Antarael - Nov 13, 2008

61 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.