Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 15, 2008 10:25 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just downloaded and watched the first episode off of the new Playstation Network video store in HD. It was simply stunning. The first episode got off to an incredible start and it's easily the best looking TV series I've seen yet. The animation quality is superb! I can't wait to see more of this series.
KinetaSep 13, 2012 11:39 AM
Jul 16, 2008 11:02 AM

Sep 2007
4 bucks for a rent is a bit steep, but the first episode left me so pumped up and crying for more that I'll probably rent the entire series. Unless the free version come

If Sony were to offer Blu-ray release in the future, that would be spectacular!
HappyJul 16, 2008 12:52 PM
Jul 16, 2008 2:59 PM

Jul 2007
This show is awesome. Hopefully the put up the next episode soon.
Jul 16, 2008 3:58 PM

Oct 2007
I'm very, very impressed with the first episode. I can already see this is the start of something mind blowing.
Jul 16, 2008 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
Shiroth said:
I'm very, very impressed with the first episode. I can already see this is the start of something mind blowing.

QFT. It has a mix of Eureka Seven and Last Exile vibes going on and just a dab of RahXephon. Put it all together and it seems like we could get something amazing out of this. I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.
Jul 16, 2008 4:58 PM

Oct 2007
maxcherry715 said:
QFT. It has a mix of Eureka Seven and Last Exile vibes going on and just a dab of RahXephon. Put it all together and it seems like we could get something amazing out of this. I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Don't miss the Nausicaa vibe. It's quite strong. :3
Jul 16, 2008 5:46 PM

Nov 2007
BONES makes a Ghibli show - it doesn't get better than this folks
Jul 16, 2008 6:10 PM

Jul 2007
Very impressed by it, though I had to watch a pretty crappy version I downloaded off a torrent cause I don't own a PS3. Either way I'm extremely excited for this series.
Jul 16, 2008 10:50 PM
Feb 2008
I just rented and watched this, wow this looks great. I'm tempted to continue renting them even with the steep prices as they release more, it's pritty good.
Jul 17, 2008 12:08 AM

Feb 2008
Barbobot said:
though I had to watch a pretty crappy version I downloaded off a torrent cause I don't own a PS3.

Same here.
Hopefully someone else will upload a better rip, preferably in 720p (not that I'm saying this rip was bad).

As for the anime itself, I have to say that I'm VERY impressed about it. Really looking forward to the next episodes.
KayroJul 17, 2008 5:45 AM
Jul 17, 2008 5:42 AM

Jan 2008
Looks great. Now to wait for better quality torrent =)

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 17, 2008 6:38 AM
Jul 2008
So looking forward to seeing this.
Jul 17, 2008 6:46 AM

Oct 2007
cant watch this bad quality... need my hd torrent :(
Jul 17, 2008 7:08 AM
Jun 2007
BONES makes BEST animes ever!
Awesome episode. Looking forward for more!
Jul 17, 2008 9:03 AM

Dec 2007
gah... for the first time, i think ever, I'm really disappointed that I don't have a PS3.
I saw the OP and I loved it.... but damnit... i want to see the episode
Jul 17, 2008 11:33 AM

Jan 2008
I'm a bit confused here. I have a PS3 but cant find it in the US Store. It is in there, yes?

It'll be enough trouble for me to buy it even though i'm from germany. We never get the good stuff for PS Store and buying in other stores....well, they check your adress from the credit card....
Jul 17, 2008 12:19 PM

May 2008
^you sure you in the US? also check the PSN store and be sure to change the tab to "Video" its a new tab that has just been added.

Anyway I myself don't have a ps3 and had to rely on a rather low quality rip, either way, wow! Bones is one of my favorite studios and Xamdou was undoubtedly at the #1 spot in my to watch list for 2008, and I am glad to say all my expectations have been met and exceeded! I haven't seen that good tweening in years! not exaggerating here either.

The music is really good, and it fits perfectly, very well paced first episode, art is beautiful and so are the designs.Story is starting off good too, etc etc.

Go Bones :P
alarmedJul 17, 2008 12:27 PM
Jul 17, 2008 1:16 PM

Jan 2008
Well, i found the Banner for the new Movie renting, but i can't klick it (nothing happens).
But since there are no PrePaid Cards in Europe/USA yet and since i can't find any way to get my hands on a US Credit Card i dont really stand a chance of getting it anyway.

If Sony is smart, they'll release it in EU too. They only Sub it anyways, so it's not really expensive.
But i figure they won't do it. So i have to use the crap quality asychron rip too. Hopefully someone will suceed in ripping it in full Quality
Jul 17, 2008 1:38 PM

Feb 2008
Devilmore said:
Well, i found the Banner for the new Movie renting, but i can't klick it (nothing happens).
But since there are no PrePaid Cards in Europe/USA yet and since i can't find any way to get my hands on a US Credit Card i dont really stand a chance of getting it anyway.

If Sony is smart, they'll release it in EU too. They only Sub it anyways, so it's not really expensive.
But i figure they won't do it. So i have to use the crap quality asychron rip too. Hopefully someone will suceed in ripping it in full Quality

I read that the psn video section is region locked. So yeah probably the only way to get your hands on it would be a torrent.

I thought the first episode was amazing and I can't wait for the release of second one.
Jul 17, 2008 2:21 PM

Jul 2007
This thread has me excited. Though I refuse to watch the low quality rip. It should not be very long before a high quality rip is released, give it a day or two. I would say that this show ends up being pretty popular.

BONES is such a spectacular studio.
Jul 17, 2008 2:52 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, I actually just signed up on PSN today really just wanting this cause I've been looking forward to this series, but turns out it won't accept my credit card even though I checked over all the information about 100 times and know I entered everything correctly. So now I have to go to a crappy torrent. Great.

Anyway, the episode was very cool, and I'm expecting it to only get better. Bones is such a great studio, and I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a spectacular series. I pray a high quality torrent will be released, cause I refuse to watch the whole series in LQ, even if it's amazing. One episode's okay, but not the whole series. Hopefully I can get PSN to work...

Jul 17, 2008 3:10 PM
Jul 2008
Holy crap, this is obscenely good so far. This could easily end up being one of the best anime of 2008, for sure.

I absolutely cannot wait for the next episode, the action hasn't even started yet.
Jul 17, 2008 3:30 PM

Jan 2008
Ah geez, it was pro.

I can totally feel the Eureka seven and Nausicaa vibes. Too bad the audio went out of sync in the version I saw. Can't wait to see more (hopefully in HQ...hehe ^^')

Banner made by suikka
Jul 17, 2008 5:31 PM

May 2008
definetly loved the first ep, love the animation alot, reminds me so much of eureka 7 which i loved. definetly hyped alot over this anime.
Jul 17, 2008 5:45 PM

Sep 2007
Man, the first episode was awesome. It's too bad that all us people without PS3's will have to watch bad rips until someone releases a normal HD release.
Jul 17, 2008 6:41 PM

Jun 2007
Whoa that was really good! I cant wait either to see the rest!
Jul 17, 2008 10:20 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode, and a very cool Op & Ed.

It left me hanging, can't wait for more.
Jul 18, 2008 10:11 AM

Jul 2008
Got to watch it in High Definition. Incredible! One of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Loved it. Scripting was excellent. Far surpassed my expectations. The writing was sharp, witty, and emotional. Character designs are beautiful. Music? Enchanting. The story is pretty complicated too. The characters themselves have a lot of depth to 'em. Just in this short while, I have grown to like Akiyuki. The relationship he has between his separated parents is quite unique. The delivery on the part of the seiyuu is nothing less than astonishing. I have a feeling this will become an instant classic. I'm in for the long haul. I'll be subscribing to the series.

By the way, which song do you guys prefer? While I think both are something else, I'll give the edge to the ending. Gives me a lot of cool vibes. Modern but intelligently arranged. Best ending song in quite some time.
Jul 18, 2008 10:17 AM

Feb 2008
Damn, it's awesome.
I want an Not-Cam-Version now. O_O
Jul 18, 2008 11:10 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was pretty cool, I didn't like what happened at the end but let's see how this develops.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 18, 2008 3:18 PM

Nov 2007
I am in love again. BONES, you are my favourite studio. Period. You never disappoint me.
Jul 19, 2008 2:01 AM

Mar 2008
It was nice: good OP/ED songs, good art, serious tone.

But it was nothing too special so far.

Since it's from BONES it could turn out to be awesome, though.
Jul 19, 2008 8:45 AM

Jan 2008
I liked it, as many have said it's a mix of a whole heap of things, I just hope it can be different enough so that people don't say it's just RahXephon with Eureka character designs, Last Exile character types, etc etc etc

Though from what I saw it's got plenty of original stuff. Looking forward to following it.
Jul 19, 2008 9:02 PM

Apr 2008
Loved it. The Eureka Seven look really won me over instantly. When he was riding his bike there near the beginning I thought he was going to start talking about how boring the town was, a la Renton.

OP was good too.
Jul 20, 2008 9:12 PM

Apr 2007
So, I was looking forward to getting it from PSN after watching the trailer a few times. Then I noticed it on Tokyotosho, then looked for it here, and then realized that we don't get the PSN video store here in Canada :(

I was waiting for it to come out, lol, silly me.

Jul 20, 2008 9:45 PM
Jun 2007
Simply stunning first ep... I cant wait for more
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2008 11:31 PM

May 2008
Some really great animation in that episode. Unfortunately that's about all I found interesting in it thus far. The characters seem very "been there, done that" so hopefully they'll get some depth as the show moves along since they're going to need it. Which brings me to my biggest problem, which is simply that I didn't feel that the amount of time spent leading up to the incident at the end of the episode was really necessary considering the small amount of stuff that actually happened. It's not like there was that much for the character introductions outside of the main character who seems really, really generic at the moment. Although I suppose they figure they can get you to check out the next episode for some explanation and whatnot.

Still though, it has potential. If it can blossom into it's own story without drawing comparisons to a bunch of other stuff as it already has it could be quite good. It also would really, really be a shame to see this production quality go to waste...
Jul 21, 2008 2:11 AM

Apr 2007
Top quality stuff from Bones, as per usual. The story so far seems very much like the starting of FF12, what with the neutral state, antique looking planes, and an invading state. Not that this is a bad thing, but I'm still looking forward to more. I really like the dictatorship-like state of the country as well. Awesome stuff.

Bones is fast becoming my favourite studio. They continually release with top quality animation and great stories.

I hope a better quality rip or DVD releases are in the relatively near future.
Jul 21, 2008 3:35 AM

Jul 2008
Mass confusion people! A island named Sentan, a world that is divided into north and south with governments and Neo-religious along with Neo-technology concepts that I never seen being shown as they are in this anime. Now, the confusion is why there is a war suddenly, especially in a neutral zone. What the hell is up with bus explosion, sudden diffusion what is know as the light of Sirius (must be some religious relic aka paranormal thing from perhaps a Egyptian or some sort of entity namely known most likely as "GOD") and then suddenly Akiyuki gets super powers at the cost of him being mutated. Other than that in the beginning I really want the know WTH is that white thing those girls swallow and from the looks of it there 4 more that might be doing the same thing. So what are the memories of Xam as they are called??? Those ships at the end really piss me off! Attacking neutral zones even for self-interest is just WRONG! That's all.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 22, 2008 4:28 PM

May 2008
Stunning.
Jul 22, 2008 8:58 PM

Jul 2008
Episode 2 is up on the PSN's Video Store now! Go, people, go! So excited! :D
Jul 23, 2008 10:31 PM

Jul 2007
I thought the episode was great well up until the transformation at the end which was a bit of a turn off, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this one goes.
Jul 24, 2008 7:01 PM

Jan 2008
Oh...... hellyea! this is a hit.

I like the story (so far), like the style, like the nostalgic tech of the regular items (Bus, Three wheel truck). going to enjoy this. saw epi 1 as a low dif hack. wont do that again. (Whips out credcard and finds Sony site)
datsunvicJul 24, 2008 7:06 PM
Jul 24, 2008 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
datsunvic said:
(Whips out credcard and finds Sony site)

Ok... I'm the fool. Just spent 45 min searching for something that's not on the web. Guessing the PSN thingy can only be acessed throu a PS machine? Fine then, I tried, they lost.
Jul 25, 2008 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
This was awesome.And the OP and ED were good ,too.When the next episodes are going to be so good ,too ,I think this will be the best anime of 2008!
Jul 25, 2008 6:33 PM
May 2007
Wow, this is frakin' amazing. There's nothing else I can say besides oh man! I mean honestly, it's like a new version of Eureka kind of! I loveeee it.
Jul 26, 2008 10:01 PM

Jun 2007
I checked this out on a whim, and man! What a great episode! I'm thoroughly impressed. I love the character designs, and the OP and ED are awesome. I can't wait to see more!
Jul 29, 2008 3:00 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, I'm impressed. I love the animation style and the story seems to be very well planned. Nice !
Jul 31, 2008 11:40 PM

Apr 2007
Great first episode, thou like Cyruz i didn't like the last part. Too generic and done before too many times. But other than that, this looks like it's gonna be really unique and a great watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2008 1:49 AM
Dec 2007
Fantastic depiction of everyday lie in a different planet and environment, great characterization and very promising beginning of a plot, and on top of that, the animation is just mind blowing : Xamdou is just terrific for now. Oh and I like the last part personnally because the transformation felt somewhat "organic" and frail at the same time, we could almost think that the soldier killed him. Well, at least it has nothing in common with a mecha or another robot and it felt pretty original as far as the design is concerned (maybe a bit like Overman King Gainer though).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 3, 2009

243 by Erdgeist »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 25 Discussion

Esquire - Jan 28, 2009

47 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 21, 2009

48 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:23 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 23 Discussion

daveid9001 - Jan 14, 2009

45 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daveid9001 - Jan 7, 2009

50 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.