Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 101 102 [103] 104 105 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 10:36 PM
Jul 2008
You are right. Your sketch was better and your coloring needs work. Its too flat and almost with no values.

Here's something to help for the beginning.

Credit goes here
Oct 7, 2012 4:43 AM

Apr 2011
Meri said:
You are right. Your sketch was better and your coloring needs work. Its too flat and almost with no values.

Here's something to help for the beginning.

Credit goes here

Oh, very nice guide for those who draw digitally, or mix between hand and computer. I'll cookie that page, thanks man.
Oct 7, 2012 1:31 PM

Mar 2012
Oct 7, 2012 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
I hate you all, for I am talentless :(
OxyOct 7, 2012 1:48 PM
Oct 7, 2012 3:43 PM

Apr 2011
picklesnickels said:

Good shit yo.
Here's a work in progress of mine:
Oct 7, 2012 5:10 PM

Oct 2008
First time posting here. Please be good to me! Your works are all great! d=(*o*)=b

Here's mine. A sketch from the back of one of my notes HAHAHA I'm a newb.
Oct 7, 2012 8:27 PM

Apr 2012
Mei-kun said:
First time posting here. Please be good to me! Your works are all great! d=(*o*)=b

Here's mine. A sketch from the back of one of my notes HAHAHA I'm a newb.

cute but them lines! ughhh!
Oct 8, 2012 11:48 PM

Dec 2010
@ejay0025 that is some great stuff, nice to see someone else not do anime/manga style drawing, as I feel rather lonely about that for the most part LOL

James2705 said:
allflying said:
wow, there are actually a lot of good artist in this corner. Allow me to introduce myself :)

Jaw dropped.

I second that :)))

Moonblade92 said:
I swear, this image was better on paper, but the color did add a certain something to it.

Any comments would be rather welcome. I think that I didn't make any folds on the clothing so it looks far woo flat, and in addition to that, my shading still isn't the best.

this one made me LMAO for some reason, but great work though.

@sagdashin hope you continue to do more detail and shadows as this looks very VERY promising indeed.

as for me, this is a recent portrait of a girl I know I did, with some concept added in, called this one WHICH ROAD WILL BE MINE TO TAKE?

oh and I forgot this one... it's work in progress :)))

morgainelesadOct 9, 2012 12:25 AM
Oct 9, 2012 12:52 AM
Jul 2008
sagdashin said:
Oh, very nice guide for those who draw digitally, or mix between hand and computer. I'll cookie that page, thanks man.
No problem, glad it can help you.

@Mei-kun
Real nice for 1st time but get a proper sketchbook ^^
Oct 9, 2012 6:41 AM
May 2009
My Last sketch or drawing was of Lin Chong from Water Margin, After he killed the Assassins in the Straw Depot.

I Took a photo but no time to upload it yet.
Oct 9, 2012 12:36 PM

Oct 2008
Gremori said:

HAHAHA Those lines, I have them in all of my drawings XD

Meri said:

THANK YOU! I'll try to get one this vacation :)
Oct 9, 2012 3:24 PM

Apr 2012
Mei-kun said:
Gremori said:

HAHAHA Those lines, I have them in all of my drawings XD

Meri said:

THANK YOU! I'll try to get one this vacation :)

dude dont get sketchbook get a hole puncher and three ring binder +printing paper and make your own that way you can remove the bad ones quick as a flash and keep nothing but the golden ones you like.
Oct 9, 2012 6:01 PM

Apr 2011
Oct 9, 2012 8:40 PM

Apr 2012
Medusa WIP
Oct 9, 2012 8:50 PM

Mar 2012
Gremori said:
Medusa WIP

Neat lineart...it'll take me some time to achieve that.
Oct 9, 2012 9:04 PM

Apr 2012
colorwander said:
Gremori said:
Medusa WIP

to achieve what?
Oct 9, 2012 9:06 PM

Mar 2012
Gremori said:
colorwander said:
Gremori said:
Medusa WIP

to achieve what?

Your line art. My line art is always messy. =.="
Oct 9, 2012 10:00 PM

Apr 2012
colorwander said:
Gremori said:
colorwander said:
Gremori said:
Medusa WIP

to achieve what?

Your line art. My line art is always messy. =.="

don't worry about it most peoples are just keep trying and go over it with a new layer of piece of paper using a light box or do it the cheap way I have always done by tapping it to a window and drawing with the natural light shinning through (sucks for rainy days)
To help illustrate it check out the 1st sketch!
GremoriOct 9, 2012 10:17 PM
Oct 9, 2012 10:17 PM
Jul 2008
Well maybe she is just getting started and would want to get serious. Like me, hehe ^^
In which case, the easiest would be to get a set of graphite pens like this

a kneaded eraser, plastic eraser, some tortillons and an inexpensive sketchbook. All of that should be cheap.

No need to throw away your bad sketches either, you learn more from them then from your good ones ;)
Oct 9, 2012 10:21 PM

Apr 2012
Meri said:
Well maybe she is just getting started and would want to get serious. Like me, hehe ^^
In which case, the easiest would be to get a set of graphite pens like this

a kneaded eraser, plastic eraser, some tortillons and an inexpensive sketchbook. All of that should be cheap.

No need to throw away your bad sketches either, you learn more from them then from your good ones ;)

I just hope people don't think good materials = good art as I still use a #2 pencil and or .5/.7 mechanical pencil on printing paper or MOST of the time an ink pen on register paper for drawing ideas/sketches then redo it all digitally :I
Oct 9, 2012 10:24 PM
Jul 2008
Anyone who actually tried drawing doesn't think that. I hope...haha :D
Good materials just make it easier and more enjoyable. And with graphite sketching you don't even need to spend lots of money do get decent work material.

Oh yeah, mechanical pencil is needed for hair and smaller details, with B or 2B leads its perfect :)
Oct 9, 2012 10:46 PM

Mar 2012
I have all the materials, pencils and more pencils, tablet and light box. I'm just not practicing enough but anyway, this thread motivates me. Haha. :D
Oct 10, 2012 12:03 AM

Oct 2008
divinicide said:
Gremori said:
dude dont get sketchbook get a hole puncher and three ring binder +printing paper and make your own that way you can remove the bad ones quick as a flash and keep nothing but the golden ones you like.

Sketchbooks are fine but its based on preference. The paper grain is different than printing paper and I find it works better with a medium that's soft such as charcoal because it can provide more various shades. Printing paper tend to bruise easier so the paper itself can become an eye sore if it becomes damage. Still it depends on preference as it depends on what medium you want to use. Just make sure the art is drawn on a paper thats better presentable.

HAHAHA I'm still thinking whether to actually get one, sketchbooks are pretty expensive not to mention I'm still new to this. So, maybe I'll make do with printing papers for now and just bind them afterwards. Cost-friendly! Thanks for the suggestion XD

ALSO...

One of the few drawings I have, not drawn in a notebook but in a recycled pad.
At least there's no more annoying lines HAHAHA XD

Mei-kunOct 10, 2012 12:06 AM
Oct 10, 2012 12:47 AM

Apr 2012
Mei-kun said:
divinicide said:
Gremori said:

Sketchbooks are fine but its based on preference. The paper grain is different than printing paper and I find it works better with a medium that's soft such as charcoal because it can provide more various shades. Printing paper tend to bruise easier so the paper itself can become an eye sore if it becomes damage. Still it depends on preference as it depends on what medium you want to use. Just make sure the art is drawn on a paper thats better presentable.

HAHAHA I'm still thinking whether to actually get one, sketchbooks are pretty expensive not to mention I'm still new to this. So, maybe I'll make do with printing papers for now and just bind them afterwards. Cost-friendly! Thanks for the suggestion XD

ALSO...

One of the few drawings I have, not drawn in a notebook but in a recycled pad.
At least there's no more annoying lines HAHAHA XD

Thats what im talking about! so cute!
are you in school? ask the art teachers for lost sketchbooks they would be more than happy to hand them to you. you would be surprised how many sketchbooks rich folk lose ;}

Oh btw here are my layer masks ill start painting eventually :P

EDIT
update
GremoriOct 10, 2012 2:39 AM
Oct 10, 2012 6:32 AM

Dec 2010
Meri said:
Anyone who actually tried drawing doesn't think that. I hope...haha :D
Good materials just make it easier and more enjoyable. And with graphite sketching you don't even need to spend lots of money do get decent work material.

Oh yeah, mechanical pencil is needed for hair and smaller details, with B or 2B leads its perfect :)

very very true :)))))

@GREMORI- I see what the night drawing session was about... gorgeous WIP and hope too see more as always ;)
Oct 10, 2012 8:54 AM

May 2009
All I really need is something that would make a mark on a material that could get marked on. I've used ballpoint (my current choice), pentels (all tips/colors), pencils (an old fave), charcoal (cold after barbecue) and others that are much less permanent. For surface, paper is the main source including newspaper, tissues, packaging, cartons, cashier paper rolls, kraft paper, etc. but I'm not averse to using canvas, tree bark, banana leaf or paint can tops.

The thing is, when I want to draw what nearest implement there is will have to do. You get better with practice not with materials.
Oct 10, 2012 12:49 PM

Apr 2011
Gotta love me some Gon

Aight, Coloured him

sagdashinOct 10, 2012 1:38 PM
Oct 10, 2012 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
Amano "Yukki" Yukiteru x Gasai Yuno from the manga/anime Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) (B&W, click on the artwork to go to the deviant art page if you want)

Oct 10, 2012 1:59 PM

Apr 2011
^ sick
Took a while though. Maybe I'll try a grand painting too, worth a shot.
sagdashinOct 10, 2012 2:03 PM
Oct 10, 2012 7:37 PM

Apr 2012
Finished Medusa

"Am I getting better yet?"
Oct 11, 2012 2:14 AM

Aug 2012
Gremori said:
Finished Medusa

"Digital art" I bet ? I'm not too fond of those (seems like cheating to me ahah) but nice anyway.

Oct 11, 2012 2:23 AM

Dec 2010
just finished....
its called TOO NAIVE AND UNSPOILED FOR THIS WORLD
this one killed me, it was so tough to do :/

Oct 11, 2012 7:04 PM

Apr 2012
Hyunckel said:
Gremori said:
Finished Medusa

"Digital art" I bet ? I'm not too fond of those (seems like cheating to me ahah) but nice anyway.

how is it cheating? only thing im cheating is the cost of materials.
morgainelesad said:
just finished....
its called TOO NAIVE AND UNSPOILED FOR THIS WORLD
this one killed me, it was so tough to do :/

This turned out really well!
Oct 11, 2012 10:11 PM
Jul 2008
Gremori said:
Hyunckel said:

I dont understand it either.
Its like saying working with graphite is cheating because oil paintings or watercolor is harder/real painting/whatever.

Digital art is awesome.
You can do so much more then traditionally.

And its not even about cost, its about different mediums give you different possibilities.
Oct 11, 2012 10:23 PM

Apr 2012
Meri said:
Gremori said:
Hyunckel said:

Its like saying working with graphite is cheating because oil paintings or watercolor is harder/real painting/whatever.

Digital art is awesome.

And its not even about cost, its about different mediums give you different possibilities.

THANK YOU!
This chick gets it!
Oct 11, 2012 10:27 PM

Nov 2011
Meri said:
Gremori said:
Hyunckel said:

Digital art is awesome.

Digital art isn't cheating at all. In fact it takes a lot more practice and skill to make it look good than traditional mediums like Watercolor. All of my watercolor pieces are better than even my best digital piece- I have photoshop, I have a tablet, I have a fast computer, AND I have a Bachelor's of Fine Arts. Yet my digital pieces still aren't great. It takes a lot more work to get the right texture and there's that stigma that it needs to look more perfected than traditional art. The pallete is much harder to work with in a digital piece than just a regular ol' paint pallete.

The only 'cheating' thing is that you can just slap your colors on as is and don't have to worry about adjusting them when you scan because you don't have to scan. You still need to adjust your colors for printing though. I guess photoshop brushes can be considered cheating too, in some cases, but you can buy stamps if you really want to achieve a similar effect.

THAT ALL BEING SAID. These are my most recent pieces:

Sailor Moon x Fairy Tail

Cartoony self-portrait (watercolor- SEE HOW MUCH BETTER MY WATERCOLORS ARE THAN DIGITAL? Digital is HARD.)
Oct 11, 2012 10:42 PM

Oct 2012
Meri said:
Gremori said:
Hyunckel said:

Digital art is awesome.

I agree with this. This is a bit of an insult to digital artists. It's not cheating unless you find an image on the web, trace it over, color it, post it online then claim it as your own. THAT is cheating. :) And don't forget, all or most of digital artists learned traditional drawing before even learning how to paint digitally.

Anyway, here's a WIP of my art for halloween. Originally posted in instagram, too lazy to create a new screenshot. LOL.

Oct 11, 2012 10:59 PM

Apr 2012
All arguments aside you guys are awesome to keep this thread alive with all your works I love them all!
@Amberleh I do love your watercolors I cannot do them at all I overwork the paper every bloody time.
@rionsama she looks so sad! how could you decapitate a cute girl?

Oct 11, 2012 11:13 PM

Oct 2012
@Gremori: I was feeling brutal at that time. HAHA. It was supposed to be just bloody stitches but as I continued to sketch that became the result. =A=;
And yeah like you I usually have in mind great ideas for a drawing but then I can't draw it rather well like in my imagination.
Oct 11, 2012 11:43 PM

Nov 2011
Gremori said:
All arguments aside you guys are awesome to keep this thread alive with all your works I love them all!
@Amberleh I do love your watercolors I cannot do them at all I overwork the paper every bloody time.

Thank you!!

You just need to get better paper probably. What kind are you using?
Oct 12, 2012 7:54 PM

Apr 2012
Amberleh said:
Gremori said:

Thank you!!

You just need to get better paper probably. What kind are you using?

I experimented with all kinds of stuff but I muddy up the colors. I think I should stick with monochromatic lol
Oct 12, 2012 10:54 PM

Apr 2012
whoo got some lines on paper today! I <3 Crona & Medusa
Oct 13, 2012 3:25 AM

Aug 2009
I get where Hyunckel is coming from, I do think that Digital Art is more convinient than Traditional not only cost wise but because you have the ability to undo/edit your work in ways that is not possible in Traditional(it can probably be done but it takes a lot of time and it often leave marks).

Oct 13, 2012 4:15 AM
Jul 2012
I draw this using paint... yeah I know it's bad but whatever :)
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Oct 13, 2012 8:13 AM

Oct 2012
FailAtLife said:
I draw this using paint... yeah I know it's bad but whatever :)

It's not bad. It's a actually amazing considering this is a form of pixel art. :D
I'm not good with windows paint. =A=
Oct 14, 2012 8:44 AM
Jul 2008
Hands practice
http://fav.me/d5hvnpj
Oct 14, 2012 9:34 AM

Oct 2011
Okay, it's not my newest drawing, but who cares.

Oct 15, 2012 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
MaliciousH said:

Doodle on and off for about four hours. Added the background just for kicks since I love drawing backgrounds.
Pleinair ftw~

PS: I hate scanners.

omg i love your drawings
Oct 15, 2012 5:16 PM

Jan 2007
Wow, this thread is still going after all this time?
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Oct 15, 2012 10:50 PM

Apr 2012
Arixx said:
Wow, this thread is still going after all this time?

psh, artist are everywhere and beg for attention of course a thread like this would still be going!

PS Im calling this one finished so I can move on to the next drawing.

Full View here
GremoriOct 16, 2012 3:27 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 101 102 [103] 104 105 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
47 minutes ago

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
8 hours ago

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
8 hours ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

28 by Ex-Aid »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Yesterday

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
Yesterday, 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.