Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

Sep 28, 2007 8:52 PM

I haven't had any drawings that make me feel proud for a while...

Sep 30, 2007 1:02 AM

Here is a random one. Kinda of shows that I am not completely hopeless when it comes to art. I could scan other things.. I did.. but eh, I am too lazy. My friend scanned this. I drew it for his birthday card.

Sep 30, 2007 4:21 PM

Woah.
Vash.

Oct 1, 2007 11:14 AM

Cool stuff goin on *nods*

Tone test from me. Manga Studio used.

woo.

Oct 1, 2007 4:18 PM

Nice twitchy!

That is win :D

Oct 12, 2007 12:19 PM

Awesome Twitchy!

...here is a kiriban I did for one of my watchers on DA:

Oct 12, 2007 12:32 PM

Nice! I like the minimal/colored lines that match the colors of the skin/cothing ^_^

Oct 12, 2007 6:58 PM

I have no choice but to love that image, Scrum =P

Female flesh + Techie clothes FTW =P
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Oct 12, 2007 7:02 PM

My most recent one that I actually like.

I blame a certain artist and Gurren Lagann for this one.

Oct 15, 2007 5:03 AM

yo I like it too 8D

Oct 23, 2007 9:37 PM

Just finished this pic as a commission for someone.

Oof.

Oct 24, 2007 2:54 AM

MagicalEmi said:
Just finished this pic as a commission for someone.

Oof.

hes awesome! nice color scheme as well

Oct 24, 2007 5:43 AM

Wow, Emi, that's awesome!

People here have some amazing artistic skill. I just can't compare. Mind, I don't get much practice, either. *sigh*

I should try drawing something once again. :/

Nov 3, 2007 11:47 PM
Wow, lots of people here have amazing art =O

This was one of mine, one of the only ones I've scanned.

Nov 9, 2007 9:34 AM

A very accurate depiction! Nice work. :D

I like how you did the eyes. ^_^

As for me, having just gone a week without a computer (it crashed... sob...), I had a lot of time to kill (and boredom to cure), so I finally finished a drawing I had started some time ago of one of my fancharacters. It's a simple pose that I copied from a drawing guide, with rather poorly done wrinkles that make the clothes look flat. But I think I did alright on the shading...

Alas, I cannot post it now, because since we just got our computer back the other day, the printer is still not connected. Hopefully we'll get the drives reinstalled later today and I'll be able to edit this post to add the drawing.

On a happy note: Our new snazzy computer has both a custom version of Windows that has really beefed-up security (and nifty programs) AND a customized version of Linux (Ubuntu). And Linux has support for Japanese characters as default! I can finally see kanji! :D So now I'll be able to find the kanji for my characters' names. ^_^b

Nov 10, 2007 4:52 AM

Did this recently as practice for drawing people facing the right side XD;

I don't really like his (yes, he) hair though

Nov 11, 2007 3:50 PM

Jazzay said:
Did this recently as practice for drawing people facing the right side XD;

I don't really like his (yes, he) hair though

I like it, very nice colors. He doesn't like too a feminine to me, looks great.

Here's one of the newer one's I picked out of my sketchbook. I only do pencil drawings, since I'm horrible with the mouse.

Modified by AegisReborn, Nov 11, 2007 6:21 PM

Nov 14, 2007 1:59 PM

I suck at drawing, but I'll post something anyways.
http://www.badongo.com/pic/2192708

Nov 16, 2007 4:39 PM

I've been busy, but I was able to churn this out during downtime at work. Sketched w/ .5mm pencil and inked with Zigs.
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Nov 17, 2007 8:05 PM

Here's a picture I did for my comicing and photoshop class:

P.S. That hair took FOREVER!! Curse you Nobuhiro Watsuki!

Nov 18, 2007 5:16 AM

i pretty much sux at drawing >_< (and this isny my latest, its just one of my few success full ones :P)

http://anime-girl93.deviantart.com/art/Manga-Angel-69662663

Nov 18, 2007 7:03 AM

Everyone can draw so well... *amazed*
Well then.. some last WIP of my original chara: Priest-kun XD.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.

Nov 20, 2007 12:50 PM

@ Midori Yay Kenshin! :D Love him!

@ Alwerien: Priest-kun has a nice skin colour. :o I like his eyes, too. :)

Goldmare said:
... I finally finished a drawing I had started some time ago of one of my fancharacters. It's a simple pose that I copied from a drawing guide, with rather poorly done wrinkles that make the clothes look flat. But I think I did alright on the shading...
And now, I am finally able to post said drawing! :D

Edit: Updated the image, so now it has her name and a watermark. I just wish I had a complete translation of her surname (the "ki" in Sasaki means tree (or wood?), but I don't know what "sa" means at all -_-).
Modified by Goldmare, Dec 30, 2007 11:13 AM

Nov 21, 2007 1:40 PM

sexyaznotaku said:
egad i dont think i can match up to you guys :P oh well here it goess its just random sketches i made:

omg that last picture is absolutely stunning! That kind smile and the leaning of the head makes my heart melt! Also the hair is amazing! LOVE IT! *save's as*

Nov 21, 2007 2:46 PM

My scanner is stupid so I took these pics with my cellphone :

Nov 21, 2007 3:19 PM

This is my most recent one. Sucks though. =( her hand looks kinda messed up. lol but it was my first time drawing something like that with my mouse.

Modified by xritax, Nov 21, 2007 6:36 PM

Nov 21, 2007 6:20 PM

@ Rita: Pretty darn good for being done with a mouse. About the only thing I can do from scratch with a mouse is pixel art and abstract stuff. -_-

You should probably put the picture in spoiler tags, though... it seems to be the convention in this thread to do so.

@ Malkoto: First one... is good, though it doesn't suit my tastes... >_>
But, the second one is very cute! Love the eyes and hair! XD It's chibi goodness!

As for me, I've got another one to post. This is my entry for the current art jam (Love of Nature). Edit: Updated to the final version, including watermark.

I'm fairly satisfied with it. I've decided that the arms are ok, just the hands are too small. Not so much to be a problem, though.

Those of you who've seen Princess Tutu or otherwise had some exposure to ballet should probably get what this picture is saying. If not, well, I'll be including an explaination when I officially enter it into the contest.

Update: I almost, almost won. If I had voted for myself, I probably would have. XD Lost by one vote to Pietel (which was the one I voted for, so I'm happy that at least that's the entry I lost to). Hey, second place ain't bad for my first jam! ^_^
Modified by Goldmare, Dec 30, 2007 11:19 AM

Nov 21, 2007 6:29 PM

@ Goldmare
Thank you. ^_^
Well first I did it with paper and pencil... then I scanned it.
Using photosop I outlined it and coloured it and everything with my mouse.
I wish I had a tablet though. =( I'll probably get one soon.

Yeah I noticed those things. >_< but I don't know how to put it in Spoilder tag.

Edit:
Oh oh I think I got it. lol I use the code.
Modified by xritax, Nov 21, 2007 6:36 PM

Nov 22, 2007 9:17 AM

Goldmare said:
@ Alwerien: Priest-kun has a nice skin colour. :o I like his eyes, too. :)

Ah, thank you! It really wasnt easy, with only my mouse. And I'm out of words of cursing too.. T_T And nice drawing (the one up there) X3 I like your coloring ^^ About your last work.. Colors are so soft, really nice.

Waah..Malkoto..your pics are so niice...i wish i could do somethin like that.. I like the face of first one most ^^ And the second one is so cuuuute ^-^

xritax: Good work for mouse, I can understand how hard it is, cos I have no tablet and I'm stuck with my mouse only too. XD. And shes got quite cute uniform ^^
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.

Nov 23, 2007 2:20 AM

this is my recent, well it was posted last July, but i haven't been drawing lately, so this is still my most recent. ^^;

http://sanzochi.deviantart.com/art/Thanks-for-10k-Pageviews-60804531

Nov 23, 2007 2:53 PM

Alwerien said:

xritax: Good work for mouse, I can understand how hard it is, cos I have no tablet and I'm stuck with my mouse only too. XD. And shes got quite cute uniform ^^

Thank you ^_^
I wish I had a tablet too. Would make things so much easier. teehee.

It's really hard to draw something free-handed with the mouse.
So first I drew it on paper. Scanned it. Using photoshop (paint works too) you outline it in black. Then all that's left is colouring in the inside. Takes a while though =( and you're lines aren't always pefect, but it's better then free handed.
Hope that helped. ^_^

Nov 23, 2007 7:42 PM

haven't drawn a thing in ages but heres what I got..

I know some of em look kinda bright >_< I got too lazy to fix it.

Nov 24, 2007 12:11 AM

Gaiaonline sample i did -amused- XDD HEADSHOTS WOOOSH~ all liney and stuff

&nbsp

Nov 24, 2007 1:57 AM

@ Midori Yay Kenshin! :D Love him!

Hehe, same here ^_^ I've gotta bust out my digital camera to take a photo of a project I did for my art class. *scrounges around the floor through clothing and other clutter* I know it was here somewhere...

Nov 24, 2007 4:52 AM

SUGOI!!!!! you guys are awesome to the MAX you have actually increased my love of anime exponentially.

I can’t draw anime at all.  I try but the lines are wobbly and the characters faces are disproportionate, mouths are small noses turned up facial spheres warped etc etc.

I tried learning I’m still practicing but it is a GIFT you all make it look so easy WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! Some People just don’t realise how much heart gets put into anime.and doujinshi

Dose anyone run a doujinshi?

I did go to art college studied art history etc

I don’t have a scanner it broke but I might take some pics of some of my stuff I’m working on a piece at the moment I’d like to get your opinions on when it’s finished if you wouldn’t mind.

Thank you

Nov 24, 2007 11:20 AM

I tried to draw Jimi Hendrix.
>_< didn't really come out well... the shadowing is waayyyy off. lol

Nov 24, 2007 5:09 PM

shinkoukistar said:
SUGOI!!!!! you guys are awesome to the MAX you have actually increased my love of anime exponentially.

Well, I have a webcomic that has been running for 7 years in January. It's called Strange Candy. However, it doesn't make sense unless you start from the beginning, and even then, it's questionable. ^^;;; The art style, coloring style, etc. changes as it goes on.

Nov 25, 2007 11:34 AM

Here's the Konata iPoda painting I did for art class:

Nov 27, 2007 7:34 AM

Some quick stuff taken from a couple of my sketch books. Crappy digital camera pictures so they're a bit blurry :( too lazy to go in and photoshop them.

sketches of a female knight I created... loosely influenced by the games jeanne d'arc and fft. pencil.

two random pages out of my pen sketch book. first is of a plant / skull. second is of a flying island.

--- Currently Under Construction ---

Nov 27, 2007 9:55 AM

Brian333 said:
Some quick stuff taken from a couple of my sketch books. Crappy digital camera pictures so they're a bit blurry :( too lazy to go in and photoshop them.

sketches of a female knight I created... loosely influenced by the games jeanne d'arc and fft. pencil.

two random pages out of my pen sketch book. first is of a plant / skull. second is of a flying island.

O____O Those are totally awesome. If you're not a professional, you should be.

shinkoukistar said:

I don't have any doujinshi (yet), but I'm writing a comic for a contest.
Modified by ScrumYummy, Nov 27, 2007 9:58 AM

Nov 27, 2007 10:59 AM

i once started writing a marvel dc comic crossover with my friend when i was 13 it was awsome the story was about predators using earth for a new alien hunt but on a previous mission a predator gets infected

then wolverine fights a predator some aliens enter x men etc cable comes back in time to find out why his futre has been messed up and they fight a super alien with the power of an alien combined with the intelligence and technology from a predator

we lifted art work to fit each scene but then he started doing drugs and thought that was more fun so it got binned and then made into a really shit movie!!!

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Nov 27, 2007 12:26 PM

...I call bullshit. XD

Nov 27, 2007 4:34 PM

ScrumYummy said:
O____O Those are totally awesome. If you're not a professional, you should be.

I'm not professional.

I've drawn a lot / taken art classes since I was little and went to a design school for college (not for illustration) so I have an education, though.

I've thought about becoming an illustrator but have my doubts because of the massive amount of talent out there. I have a couple friends who work in the industry so I have a good idea how it goes and what they're working against.

I'll probably just continue to do it as a side thing.

--- Currently Under Construction ---

Nov 27, 2007 10:49 PM

you should deffinatle think about giving it a serious go it will improve your skill and you may suprise yourself your good enough to at least try if it dosent work out then at least you can say that

Nov 27, 2007 10:53 PM

Shin, it's a lot easier said than done.

Brian--I totally understand doing it as a side thing. It's a really competitive and uncertain field. But if you go out and meet the right people, you could go a long way.

WIP--probably won't finish:

Nov 27, 2007 11:10 PM

admittadly it is alot harder than people imagine bringing a new flare to an increasing overwhelemd market is difficult it is not what you know but who you know that said following your passion should be top proirty sidlines are for people who cant make or have tried and failed neither is bad but at least you can live in the knowloedy you used your gift to inspire people and tried getting out there is the first step

Nov 27, 2007 11:16 PM

shinkoukistar said:
admittadly it is alot harder than people imagine bringing a new flare to an increasing overwhelemd market is difficult it is not what you know but who you know that said following your passion should be top proirty sidlines are for people who cant make or have tried and failed neither is bad but at least you can live in the knowloedy you used your gift to inspire people and tried getting out there is the first step

Wow, that was all one sentence. Ouch >_<

Nov 27, 2007 11:46 PM
MagicalEmi said:
shinkoukistar said:

Wow, that was all one sentence. Ouch >_<

lol...

Nov 28, 2007 12:02 AM

yeah its like 8:00am and im not up to thinking properly lol

Nov 28, 2007 12:07 AM
you got to wake yourself up, then!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »