Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 2, 2011 9:46 PM

Aug 2008
Well that was mildly satisfying. the final episode seems kind of... lackluster.
Oct 2, 2011 10:17 PM

Sep 2010
Gah was hoping they wouldn't cram a whole arc into last episode. Here's to hoping for a 2nd season. Also didn't they go back on the plot they were building up with the libricide officer? Since when we last saw him he was chasing after the black biblioprincess thinking they were doing what the professor was doing o.O?

Still Jeanne d'Arc was a keykeeper? Girl on the inside opened Pandora's Box? Kinda interesting I guess... wished they'd expanded on it more rather than showing random flashes : /
KhaoticsuccubusOct 2, 2011 10:28 PM
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Oct 2, 2011 10:20 PM

Oct 2011
Hi guys can you help me with my anime creation: magical girl forum I just want to get it running
Oct 10, 2011 12:22 PM

May 2011
This was a nice episode even though I was totally confused for like the first half of the episode. It sure was nice to see all three bibloprincesses meet up at the same place with their key keepers.

So this actually sorta had a plot, with Huey wanting to rescue Dalian's other half/ that girl the entire time.

And I just couldn't help but think that when Dalian and Raziel was arguing how cute and evenly matched they were.
Oct 10, 2011 2:04 PM
Sep 2011
Second season please.
Oct 11, 2011 1:20 AM
May 2009
Yeah I agree another season to tie all the loose ends
I want more I can't this out of my head
Oct 11, 2011 1:45 PM
Feb 2011
Generally, I liked it. It could have been done better and it's a shame that it doesn't reach its full potential. It was too fast paced and Hal, Flamberge, Raizel, and the professor didn't get enough appearances. (Though I was very much amused by the interaction between Raizel and Dalian.) With the kind of personalities they have, they deserve way more. I was disappointed at Hal and Flamberge's "meeting" with Huey and Dalian. It was so short I can hardly call it a meeting. However, the plot really catches my attention and would like to read the light novels. It's too bad that I don't read Japanese. :P Then again I might just learn so I could read it. This story is too good to leave it as it is. I'm hoping for a second season though I have my doubts that'll happen. Also as for the similarities this show has with Gosick, I can honestly say that I'm enjoying this one more than Gosick. The characters and plot just seems better to me.
Oct 12, 2011 10:06 AM

May 2007
That scene where Huey is running with Dalian and this girl from Dalians library in the same time - I don't get it. WTF? Also how Huey get to the library for the first time without knowing Dalian at all? And how he come back then and after "being killed" in this episode? Damn.

Whole series are pretty good, but this ending fucks everything up. 6/10 but I must give +1 for Dalian so 7/10
Oct 16, 2011 10:39 AM
Apr 2011
I think I'm like the only one who was just confused most of this episode.. I quite liked the episodic style it had up till episode 11 (which i didn't understand much as well..). Characters were not properly introduced, many questions unanswered.
6/10, I had thought this would be a good series. :s
Oct 18, 2011 8:22 PM

Jul 2010
well it was enjoyable, though i feel like nothing important actually happened. he didnt save the girl at the end. were almost basically where we started, lol

Oct 19, 2011 9:37 AM

Jun 2011
The ending was kinda rush. They never explains who the girl really was and what her relationships with Dalian, Raziel and Flam.

Hal sure knows how to steal a spot light! I laughed hard when he and Flam suddenly appeared when Professor and Raziel were about to enjoy the winning.

Camilla finally wore a yukata~ And Dalian's tsundere cuteness just so damn cute!
Oct 20, 2011 10:07 PM

Apr 2009
Zombie terrorism! LOL

Ehh? That was it?!!! This series felt like it took me in an interesting ride then dropped me off in the middle of nowhere. X( I give it 7/10 for the wasted potential.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 22, 2011 6:25 AM

Sep 2010
Seriously, what are zombies doing in my Dantalian no Shoka?

Many episodes in the middle of the show weren't my piece of cake, but the last few episodes were really good.
It was a pretty good finale, not counting the zombies. Everything suggested though that this is just the beginning of the story, so we need a second season.
Oct 29, 2011 11:02 AM

Nov 2007
I have no idea what happened, this was one of the more confusing last episodes. they meet the rival and he leaves without any real resolution. Huey gets shot has some weird vision stuff and somehow doesn't die. that other librarian guy from that one episode showed up briefly.

I don't know, I wouldn't be opposed to a continuation but something less confusing.
Oct 30, 2011 9:31 AM

Jul 2011
This better have a second season.

Or else.
Dec 3, 2011 11:53 AM

Oct 2009
I enjoyed this series a'ight. I give it a 8/10. I think that season 2 depends only on the popularity of this show. There's much they can explain in season 2.
あらあら。。。
Dec 17, 2011 3:51 PM

Jul 2010
That was... kinda confusing xD Since when is Hyui so obsessed with freeing that pink haired library girl? Well I guess they had to use some kind of ending and since he promised to free her in what, episode 1, it kinda makes sense... but still.... so many questions :P

I liked the anime but it wasn't quite what I expected, there are a lot wide open ends and it felt kinda rushed at some episodes. Hyui's background etc never got really explained and there are even more questions about Dalian (and those 2 other girls-gate's). The stories were original but they never really touched me... so I guess 6/10
Dec 26, 2011 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
lovely animation and art in this episode, it was a strange end and i felt it didn't summarize properly and there wasn't enough build up to the ending.
Jan 3, 2012 10:35 PM

Jun 2011
I feel like this show had grand potential and even though I enjoyed the entirety of it, I really want to see more. More of all the characters because I feel as if I were just introduced to all of them. Even Huey & Dalain. Wah, I want to see a second season but have no idea if 1) that will ever even occur and 2) if that would even solve anything because it seems like back stories and introductions don't apply to this show, in the slightest. Still dug it quite a bit so I rated it a 7. (:
Apr 10, 2012 7:40 AM

May 2008
Too many people died for my liking. Still i like how Huey remembered and went back to help the girl . though i dont get how he can move both in that world and in the real world. Oh well In the end i guess its an okay happy ending. nothing special but still enjoyable to watch. Had a great time .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 11, 2012 7:32 AM

Feb 2012
5/10
turns out to be another crappy advertisement for the novels
Jul 18, 2012 5:03 PM

Dec 2009
Barely understood something...
Jul 26, 2012 2:57 AM

Oct 2009
I really enjoyed this way more than Gosick, the ending was pretty weak though, nothing really happened just more questions than answers. Need another season, need more Flam and the Shoko :\

7/10
Aug 7, 2012 10:18 AM

Jun 2009
So we FINALLY get something resembling an overall plot and it's the final episode...Kind of a waste of time. 6/10
Aug 23, 2012 2:26 AM

Aug 2010
I waited for Flamberge and the book burning officer the whole episode and they actually showed up, a plus point for the show. It was a bad idea to leave so much for the last episode, would have been better to present it in two parts, but I have seen rushed finales worse than this. A lot of things left hanging, could use another season. 4/5 because I still enjoyed it.

6/10 for the series as a whole. I liked it in general, but it did suffer from weak directing. Also, while some of the concepts were rather interesting, the outcomes tended to be disappointing.

Edit: forgot to mention initially, but the less serious episodes were quite fun. Maybe it should have incorporated more comedic elements. Probably would have worked better.
Mogami-kunAug 23, 2012 10:35 AM
Sep 16, 2012 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
I really do hope to see another season of this one... I enjoyed this very much!
Oct 9, 2012 6:30 AM

Oct 2011
....What a snooze fest. I finally finished this anime after putting it "on-hold" for so long. And I'm not picky when it comes to anime but this.. this was confusing, too much talking and no real plot. Only kept watching for Dalian because of how adorable she is.
Dec 1, 2012 8:50 PM

Oct 2008
This anime in general was average at best.

However, I will credit where credit is due.
The first time, I heard the opening song, I was in tears. It was so beautiful and to this day, it sits pretty near the top of my favourite opening songs of all time.
Jan 1, 2013 10:08 PM
Apr 2011
It was Good anime, but still ending with alot of mysteries.
I want to see more action of Flamberge and Risael.
I hope there will be second seasion, movie or ova that can reveal all.

I give this anime :
8/10
Feb 1, 2013 11:19 PM
Mar 2009
Lol, of course the Red and Black Princesses would bicker as princesses do. Name calling and insult each other's assets.

Zombies...? I did not see that coming.

Huey, I thought you were smarter than that. Standing in front of a guy with hostile intentions and not being on your guard? C'mon.

How the hell is Huey running away with Dalian when he just went into the Library to save the girl? Defeats the whole purpose of, "I promise I'll come back."

So the girl is apparently from either ancient Greece or Rome and she opened a cursed box? The cursed box trapped her in the Library and she's been there ever since. Dalian is some mouthpiece of hers to communicate with the outside world? Yeah...need more information on that...

But holy shit, Hal and Flamerge came back........for the end of the episode. What the fuck.

Pretty half-assed rescue. Left the Library in ruins so now the girl is going to be REALLY bored waiting for Huey.

This show was nice till they decided to shove all these important plot elements into the last episode. Doesn't look like it'll get a second season either; guess it's time to switch to the light novels...
Feb 5, 2013 11:58 AM

Jun 2012
Wat.
Feb 16, 2013 3:06 PM

Jul 2012
bt-kun said:
I still don't really get who that girl with the lotus flower on her head was :/

Is she Dalian's alter ego or something? O.o
I'd probably say it's something like that too; I'm guessing she's like Dalian's other self. I never really understood her part in this either. Yes, she is the internal keeper I guess; but she just sits there.. Well, the series didn't give us much info anyways.

The ending definitely didn't explain everything, but I still quite enjoyed this series. Dalian's personality I enjoyed and I loved seeing Dalian and Huey together^^ A lot of people did die too, and I'd have to say most of them were women o.O But, Dalian would def. be my fave character from this show^^

Well, I don't think there will be a second season any chance since it's been around a year and no info (at least I don't think, since I really haven't looked it up) on another season. That is, unless someone just decides to pick this series back up.

Overall, I'd give this show an 8/10 ; didn't like the plot holes but everything else was pretty entertaining; esp. the Dalian and Huey moments^^
May 30, 2013 11:24 PM

Jun 2012
animegeek4life said:
Did not feel like a finale...

Sanguis said:
One thing that ticked me off about this series: Waaaaay too little Flamberge. ಥ_ಥ
110% agreed. Flamberge=amazing.

bt-kun said:
I still don't really get who that girl with the lotus flower on her head was :/

Is she Dalian's alter ego or something? O.o
I am still really confused about her too. I wish the show gave some more story behind that character because she seems pretty interesting.

Overall for this series: 5/10
I enjoyed it, but the series went nowhere and had several loose ends to the story at the end.

I agree with you on the 5, that is my lowest score ever at this point. I rated Paranoia Agent at 6, and thought it was bad. This was just god awful.
Jul 7, 2013 10:46 PM

Mar 2012
I enjoyed the show a bit, but after the final episode, you have to ask yourself...what was the point in watching all 12 episodes? Simply put, there was no point, it went nowhere, and tried to become a deep story that kept giving vague answers leaving the viewer rather confused. This last episode tried to get the viewer to feel emotion toward the girl in the library, but the problem is you really have nothing to connect with her, so in a sense, there's no emotion coming from the viewer to even really care what happens to her.

6/10, only because individually, each episode was quite entertaining, but at the same time, the anime failed as a whole...which killed the score..

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Aug 21, 2013 8:45 AM

Dec 2012
This needed 24 episodes.. no idea why they only did 12. Despite the anime being good, it had a lot of wasted potential.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Mar 9, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2012
Peten00b said:
This needed 24 episodes.. no idea why they only did 12. Despite the anime being good, it had a lot of wasted potential.
I have same feeling. I loved Victorian setting and characters, but story was lack of details. I would like to know more about characters motivations and goals.
Jul 20, 2014 8:20 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm. . . the story was just starting up now and they end it? I don't get it. It was good, it survived me not dropping it. But it could have been MUCH better.
Jul 31, 2014 4:40 PM

Mar 2013
On the fence about giving this a 5 or a 6 out of 10. No less than that though, because even though the plot is lackluster, it's quite a beautiful anime. I'll give it credit for that. Great opening, nice music.

But yea, not enough appearances from characters such as Hal and Flamberg, and the Professor and Raziel. I think it would've been much better if we got more episodes involving these characters (+ Huey and Dalian of course), instead of the episodic Mystical Tome ones. Some of them were nice and interesting though.
Sep 18, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 2013
8/10
I liked it, great ending episode.
Plotless? I say it one more time : Mushishi. There is no need for main plot for high rate.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 16, 2015 4:14 AM

Jan 2012
miyuki's voice ruined this show for me

show is zzz more or less anyway

5/10
Jun 3, 2015 7:37 AM

Jun 2010
[quote=Iilia]
Kawaii7878 said:
[quote=RyuKirin too bad there was so much wasted in it. 6/10. I don't like endings that aren't really endings. :/

Same goes for me.
episode needed more action and a proper ending. I loved to see Flam again. 😙
I was left to wonder what was the purpose for anything and what were the backgrounds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2016 9:33 PM

Dec 2012
That was really weird and unexplained, the rest of the show was alright though and ED was pretty good.
I have to say though, Dantalian no Shoka has one of the god-tier seiyuu casts. Especially for characters who only appear for one episode, we have the likes of Show Hayami, Ami Koshimizu, Minami Takayama, Shizuka Itou, the list goes on, nearly all my faves were in it (7/10 O_o).
AassdddaiApr 30, 2016 9:38 PM
Sep 2, 2016 10:08 AM
Aug 2015
Who was that girl in the yukata?
Good last episode, but will still give the a 7/10 overall
In the end it was just a big commercial.
Dec 31, 2016 5:08 PM

Aug 2016
Even though there wasn't much of a plot to it, it was really enjoyable. Needs a second season but there is less than 1% of that happening.

Daisuke Ono and Miyuki Sawashiro is such a great combination
Jan 22, 2017 2:41 AM
Jan 2014
I thought that the lotus girl was Pandora or something judging from the flashbacks, but what the heck is Pandora doing in Dalian's body? And we seem to get a shot where someone who looks like her is in a sci-fi looking city... is that foreshadow or something? And what is that book with the rose on the cover? And what do the red blibio princess mean when she said Dalian is breaking down?
Really, they should shorten the book hunt episodes and focus more on the actual plot of the story instead of throwing pillows around and call it an ending. I felt like they were going for Gosick kind of pace, but that just won't work when it doesn't sell as much.
Aside from that...nice art and nice music. This anime's been really enjoyable and I love every bit of it aside from the rush on the final episode.
May 7, 2017 11:39 PM

Aug 2015
What I got out of this episode was a loli fight and best girl Flam.

Dentalian really makes Gosick look good in comparison, despite having a better male MC.
Aug 21, 2017 4:26 AM

Jan 2016
I liked the series a lot and it's a bit sad that 6 years has already passed and there is still no season 2. It such a drag that a series like this has a potential but it was dragged down due to its 12 episodes, can't blame them about it, afterall money is a must when it comes to making an episode.

I'd give it a 7/10
Dec 25, 2017 3:01 PM

Oct 2015
So Hal and Flam made their second appearance, because I thought they won't show them again and I guess they were useful by saving Huey.
Raizel and that bartender ended up getting away with it, goes to show this anime really needs s2 but I doubt it because it has been like more than 6 years.

Either way this series was fun to watch Dalian and Huey go on their phantom book hunting adventures and its a pity that he didn't got save the other half.
Decent show so its a 7/10 and I will watch ova.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 7, 2019 9:54 PM

Mar 2015
A rather enjoyable series, but the final episode was literal dogshit.
They tried to fit as much as possible into it. Like, all of the sudden Huey suddenly cared about the girl in the realm again.
Not to mention you can tell they attempted to put as many of the cast as possible in it.
woah there
Jun 17, 2020 9:19 AM

Aug 2012
Damn this series was a huge disappointment. It just didn't work at all for me, the setup of the magic wasn't explained much, the location of 1920s England badly represented and the characters were more often than not quite dull.

None of the episodes of this show really flowed nicely into the other making for a real trying watch. As each episode ended I had no desire or reason to keep going.

Saying that I think out of the 12 episodes overall I liked 3 of them. The episode about the lady obsessed with that Author aka Misery was quite good. Then episodes 9 and 10 were both quite strong short stories.

But that is it for me. The last two episodes especially were just a mess imo.

Gainax has a history of a few great works and a substantial amount of forgettable material and this show certainly belongs in the latter.

Somewhere between a 4-5/10 for me.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

45 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

59 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 7 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Aug 26, 2011

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.