Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 20, 2021 9:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Dalian was so cute at the end as a tsundere! :D Well I think it was a pretty good end for a one cour anime, and overall it was pretty good, some episodes on the 2nd half felt boring but apart from that it was entertaining and liked the concept (similarities with Gosick) and the characters as well. 6/10
Jun 14, 2021 12:12 PM

Feb 2020
Got to say a really beautiful anime. Animation was awesome fitting and creative at times. Story was very enjoyable ( Goes well with Victorian Tea menu) . I wish everything there was a season 2 which answered everything properly and given side characters to more develop.

overall great watch. Can't belive its from same author who wrote strike the blood ( day and night difference)
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 19, 2022 3:07 PM

Feb 2020
This last episode was good, but it felt so much like an ending for a different show than what we got... What I mean is that the show overall has been completely episodic with barely any connection between episodes even if there were some clues here and there, and then you have this episode that feels like the conclusion for something much bigger and much more epic than that. I always felt this anime was a good example of wasted potential and now I'm sure of it, and it's a real shame.

This is not to say I didn't like it ! It was charming, with some interesting messages about literature and arts in general. It just could've done so much more with what it had. I also thought it was really lacking some good character development (even if it solved that a bit with the last episodes), and was so disconnected that it ended up being very confusing. The characters also being introduced and then forgotten by the next episode was very frustrating too (Flamberge being the best example for that considering how interesting she was, though I'm glad she showed up at the end).
The biggest problem though, is probably that the whole show seemed to be setting up for another season, which it never got and most likely will never get. That's too bad.

I give it a 6/10 ! And for now I'm not considering reading the novel but I'm quite curious to know how it will continue from here and if some questions I have can be answered, so maybe I'll end up checking it out anyway.
Sep 22, 2022 11:53 PM
Aug 2018
I will miss dalian's rude words and attitude lol
Dec 24, 2022 3:57 PM

May 2015
Halfway through it became a bit more interesting but in the end there was still lots of lost potential. Instead of focusing on forgettable episodic stories it would have been better if they explored the main characters more, as well as Flam and Hal, they were cool! Too bad they only appeared in two episodes. Not sure that the whole mystery with the white-haired girl was addressed properly. The finale was more confusing than resolving anything. Still, it was a pretty nice watch. 6/10
Jan 16, 2023 3:59 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty good series.

Definitely could have greatly benefited from a higher episode count and a slightly less generic art style.

Animation quality was high.

Characters were alright. Both Dalian and Huey were kinda shallow but still likeable. the side characters were interesting, especially the other book-hunters.

The script was above average although each story painfully compressed to fit into 22 minutes.

The cinematography/direction was actually great. No complaints there.

This final episode was a poor way to end the series though. So many questions left unanswered. incomplete and rushed adaptations are the cross that anime fans must bear. Poor us, such a tragic fate.

7/10
epidemia78Jan 16, 2023 4:20 AM
Apr 7, 2023 7:47 AM
Dec 2021
ok. Did not enjoy much.
Mar 29, 8:38 PM
Mar 2018
purely vibes based anime. liked it
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 12, 2011

72 by Bunille »»
Dec 20, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

63 by removed-user »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:58 AM

» LN volume???

Ghefira - Aug 19, 2020

4 by Ghefira »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MusashiRose - Aug 19, 2011

94 by HimeCrycho »»
Mar 21, 2023 11:50 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

58 by ChrisDC »»
Feb 13, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.