Forum Settings
Forums

Is it wise to watch anime you DON'T LIKE, just for the sake of completion???

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Post New Reply
Dec 12, 2011 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 643
well I actually completed some animes that I wasn't liking but that was a long time ago, every time that I start watching an anime I watch ate least 2 episodes and if it really is boring and I don't like it then I drop it, I watch anime to get fun, not the other way around otherwise I wouldn't watch it during my precious free time
 
Dec 12, 2011 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 937
"The only reason I'm still watching this shit is to complete it"

Well yes, that is my rule.
It may be a stupid childish rule to have, but I refuse to drop any anime...even the ones that are so terrible I want to smash my head on the desk.

And for the long shounen animes...I think there are multiple reasons to stick with them...
For one, yes we of course want to know how they end. Even if they are the LONG shows, it WILL end eventually!
For me personally, there are some shows I dislike, but for some reason i can't seem to stop watching...
I hated "Naruto" but have come to like "Naruto Shippuuden" a lot more because it is much more mature and not nearly as stupid.

For shows like Bleach, they are so repetitive and quite boring in some parts, but then it'll occasionally give me something that I love!

One Piece is the ONLY really long show that I can say for certain I will watch it until the very end! It's been amazing from the beginning and never fails to amaze me!
 
Dec 12, 2011 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 4876
Malestel said:
Anime_Name said:

I never said the chances of liking or disliking an anime was the same for each person.
Nor am I going to manufacture numbers in order to make my case.


I restructured your comments in a way that actually makes sense to me.
If you meant it the way I think you did, then I agree, you are right. Let's leave it at that.

BTW statistics is all about manufacturing numbers.


Statistics are taking facts and numbers as they are and then interpreting what they mean.
Pulling numbers out of your ass that just conveniently support your claims is a fictional science practiced by politicians and used car salesmen.

 
Dec 13, 2011 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 745
Well I think it is

I am still watching bleach, naruto, and DBZ and i f***ing hate them
because I just have to finish it!

but there are good things about that:
Naruto might have good episodes/chapters every once in a while
and everytime I watch the bad stuff I remember how good the anime i like are
like in the simpsons movie " I want 10000 tough guys and 10000 soft guys to make the tough guys look tougher" :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 4, 2012 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 85
Not sure how to answer. Personaly, I think it is a selftorture, BUT it does not sometimes prevent me from doing it. Oh well...
Kiss me. Experience the sweet sweet taste of heaven.
 
Jan 4, 2012 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2274
Not very wise, but i still do it for completion. XD i hate dropping shows. >->;;
 
Jan 4, 2012 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 685
I don't think so. If I don't like it at all, I drop it.

「レミ咲が今日のティータイム。」- RemiSaku ga kyou no tea time!
 
Jan 4, 2012 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 877
Psyche_Izaya said:
Not very wise, but i still do it for completion. XD i hate dropping shows. >->;;


I agree with you. I hate dropping shows. I try to complete what I'm watching to give it fair chance in the hopes that it might get better. Even some that I have dropped I have tried again later to see if maybe I will like it a second time around. There have been a few though that I have been so bored they put me to sleep or I just couldnt stand watching it like popotan.


 
Jan 4, 2012 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32030
im against it but in the end i always end up finishing shows ive dropped, i dont know why i just cant pull myself to full drop it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Jan 4, 2012 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 199
If i'm starting not to like it I put it on hold in the hopes of completing it. This is explains why I have 96 things on hold.
 
Jan 4, 2012 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32030
Hypercardiac said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
Not very wise, but i still do it for completion. XD i hate dropping shows. >->;;


I agree with you. I hate dropping shows. I try to complete what I'm watching to give it fair chance in the hopes that it might get better. Even some that I have dropped I have tried again later to see if maybe I will like it a second time around. There have been a few though that I have been so bored they put me to sleep or I just couldnt stand watching it like popotan.
yah i have this happen alot, some shows ive dropped such as FMA for example, i dropped aroudn the 30ish episode range thinking "oh god this is so BORING" pick it up 2 months later, end up giving it a flat out 10/10, that right there taught me never to keep dropped shows dropped, like my drop list i guarentee you will change and probably be at 0 soon since i have the urge to try out all of those shows again despite higurashi's new season actually physically hurting me and mahoraba being boring to ungodly levels, i still want to retry them, thats why i can never keep a dropped show dropped

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Jan 4, 2012 7:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 877
Jollyranchy said:
If i'm starting not to like it I put it on hold in the hopes of completing it. This is explains why I have 96 things on hold.


Thats about the same with my list. I have a lot on there that I can only watch one episode at a time cause more then that will drive me nutz lol. Some are subbed and move so fast that I get a headache trying to keep up with whats going on so I really can only watch one at a time. :c) Lame I know but I want to finish them and its going to take some time to do it.


 
Jan 4, 2012 7:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 158
I don't think you should watch anything you don't like just for completion, rather you should drop it and give it a honest rating, as to why you didn't like it. Forcing yourself to complete something you don't like sounds alot like torture to me..
 
Jan 4, 2012 7:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 73
I dont know, I've done that before, but immediately stopped doing that. If its something that I really dont like after watching the 1st episode, I give it until the 4th or 5th episode to see if I still have interest in the story of the anime...
but for the sake of completion, I'm better off dropping it
 
Top
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]