Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: SKET Dance Episode 26 Discussion

Sep 30, 2011 8:10 AM

This was boring.

I love Gintama and I think that Sket dance is alright but this episode was just horrible imo, the only part that made me smile was the tuturu and that's about it.

Sep 30, 2011 2:20 PM

Stein;s Gate TUTURU ~

Sep 30, 2011 7:04 PM

Somehow I found the manga version funnier, can't really tell why.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.

Sep 30, 2011 9:08 PM

Disappointing crossover is disappointing.

Gintama is better off without Sket Dance. But I wish they'd thought of better material.

3/5

Sep 30, 2011 10:02 PM

Best part: Tuturu~

Oct 1, 2011 12:22 AM

Lol I am proud to say I got the Steins Gate reference I had to rewind to make sure I wasnt hearing things...
Nice Crossover episode

Oct 1, 2011 10:39 PM

I love Gintama and Sket Dance so it pains me to say but this was my least favorite ep. Crossovers are always welcome but It didn't meet my expectations at all. I'm usually lol-ing & rewinding parts throughout the whole ep. but this time I didn't at all. Just got through it to increase my ep. count. Oh well, back to normal nxt week.

Oct 2, 2011 3:09 AM

Animation suddenly got awesome on the last bit :o
Glad that everyone heard the Tuturu >A<
And lol Doraemon time travel :D

Oct 2, 2011 7:02 PM

I liked the episode, it was funny, but I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting more on Switch's story. Is his story over now? If the next episode isn't more on Switch I'll be disappointed. I feel like we got left in the dark with how he met Bossun and got his life back on track.

This episode, while good, almost cheapened the dramatics of Switch's story. :(

Oct 14, 2011 1:03 AM

Reversify said:
That was fun

yeah, super fun.

Oct 30, 2011 3:09 PM

lol @ switch's tuturu

I loled at the end on how they stole the ED

5/5

Nov 4, 2011 5:38 AM

Meh. I dropped Gintama after 5 episodes a few months back &amp; I think had I not started watching it before this episode I'd have never started. I find them all so entirely unfunny and unlikable. That aside though, I thought this could be fun but I don't think they did the greatest job - there just wasn't really any plot and nothing much fun happened. I hope people who like Gintama but don't watch Sket Dance don't just watch this episode &amp; form an opinion based solely on it, because it puts Sket Dance in a poor light.

Nov 4, 2011 12:02 PM

I started watching Sket Dance solely for this crossover episode. I was better that the previous 25 episodes but still below my expectations. I don't feel like watching this poor imitation of Gintama any more but I don't like dropping anime. Maybe someday I'll be in a mood to watch more...

[I also agree with people who say that Gintama's characters were animated poorly. And they got Gintoki's eye-colour wrong :/ ]
Modified by MizuKagami413, Nov 4, 2011 12:06 PM

Nov 7, 2011 3:10 PM

I think it's silly to say things like 'poor imitation of Gintama' - it's like family guy &amp; american dad, the latter of which I like, the former I can't stand. Yes, they may have the same basic premise (a group who help others/a quirky family) but ultimately they're very different and enjoyable for different reasons. To me, the humour in Gintama is lowbrow, poor, forced and not funny and I don't see any reason to like any of the characters (as with family guy), whereas the sket dance characters are likable and whilst it rarely makes me laugh out loud, I'm just happy to watch them because it's entertaining and lighthearted.

I don't see any reason to look down on a show for having the same premise when it's one that works, but has been used to an entirely different effect. I'm not trying to hate on Gintama or say Sket Dance is amazing, I'm just saying I think it's unreasonable to make statements like that.

Nov 8, 2011 3:29 AM

Well, the creators of Sket Dance certainly made sure to make people associate it with Gintama as a kind of promotion campaign. What was the cross-over episode we're talking about for? I'm saying it's imitation because the very basis of the anime is exactly the same: a group of 3 people doing odd jobs with humorous accent. I was severely disappointed because it turned out to a have a major difference: Gintama is a parody of shounen and is bending and breaking stereotypes present in them. At the same time Sket Dance seems to worship all those stereotypes (It's especially visible when it comes to female characters whose the only role seems to be to look pretty. Even when they seem to be normal they turn out be a perfect housewife material). Therefore, the major flaw of SD (in my opinion of course, I want to undeline it) are the characters which are completely unlikeable.

I look down on it not because it's similar to Gintama, but because it's similar to Gintama AND I see it as anime of poor quality. The comparison in unavoidable.

Nov 17, 2011 2:23 PM

ROFL Switch's Steins;Gate reference! Tuturu~
I like the second half :D Sitting around talking is not really that fun. To be honest i like this crossover better than the Gintama's. But still, love the crossover!!

Nov 21, 2011 1:27 PM

Awesome, crossover. I have never seen Gintama before, but those guys are cool. I might give Gintama a try later on. It seems interesting.

Dec 10, 2011 2:37 PM

So-so episode imo, but I think that watching Gintama might worth it. The girl from the Gin-trio is really kawaii if nothing else, lolz. What I liked most about this episode, was of course Switch's "tutturu!" (rofl)

So the skets aren't going back to Sketch Book? The second OP involves the band, but this OP appeared after the last(one and only) episode where Sketch Book played on stage. I guess third OP is on the way, but there's still no sign of Sketch Book on the horizon...

Dec 14, 2011 8:59 PM

ChessKitty said:
Meh. I dropped Gintama after 5 episodes a few months back. I find them all so entirely unfunny and unlikable.

Me too... actually im watching first episodes and it doesnt make me laugh very often... instead i find sket dance really funny dunno maybe because it has a background i can feel more identificated with

ChessKitty said:
there just wasn't really any plot and nothing much fun happened.

Truth!!! It was just words exchange nothing more... i didnt like that at all... but the part when gin and switch met was hilarious! And when they started taking about filling the rest of the episode... i almost pee!!! I find really funny that sket dance humor, making fun by critizicin themselves with really accurate stuff

Feb 28, 2012 8:30 AM

Mehh..nothing special, & the artwork sucked.

Mar 27, 2012 7:05 AM

I like the Gintama crossover better, but that it because I love that Gintama always goes meta with these kind of things.
But this is also pretty neat. It's nice to see Gintama characters drawn in different style.

Mar 27, 2012 7:30 AM

Oh! they DID go meta! Still Gintama was better :P

May 12, 2012 9:22 PM

Gintoki looked funny.

Aug 10, 2012 4:26 AM

Awesome crossover. Not as good as Gintama's, but not a bad episode at all.

Sep 4, 2012 1:28 AM

Wow..so there ARE people that watch Sket Dance and never watched Gintama?

That's suprising, considering SD is pretty much garbage compared to Gintama(purely talking about the animes here).

Sep 14, 2012 7:26 AM

Sooo..... why Gin-chan's eyes was blue in this crossover?? He has red eyes. But well, it's not that it bothered me so much. Oh, and Gin-chan's face is poorly drawn most of the time :(

I watch all Gintama episodes and love it. After watch Sketdan crossover in Gintama, I started watching this series too. And I like it :D but of course not as much as Gintama. but hey, Sket dance is only at +70 episodes while Gintama is already +250, so, theres still more to go for Sket Dance, it still young compared to Gintama :D

Gintama staff was doing a nice job at drawing Sketdance's character, but it seemed Sket dance staff fail at drawing Gin-chan correctly :( He looked funny and older.

But overall, this is a funny episodes, but I prefer Sket Dance usual episodes.
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

"There is only a few things in this world that I actually care. First is my family, second is my husbandos, third is my OTPs, and fourth is my two best friends."

Oct 8, 2012 10:33 PM

Eh was alright. Liked Gintama's side a whole lot more though.

ChessKitty said:
Meh. I dropped Gintama after 5 episodes a few months back &amp; I think had I not started watching it before this episode I'd have never started.
Was in a similar boat to you then a friend convinced me to watch more and now it's my all-time favorite anime. Although I might be a slight rare case, it's definitely true that the series improves dramatically around ep 10+. You can also tell because half the people who don't like Gintama haven't watched past ep 20, when it truly starts to become consistently funny every single episode.

Feb 12, 2013 1:58 PM

CookieBun said:
RainbowMagnet said:
Í honestly can't believe people are praising this. I really enjoyed the manga version, but this episode was utterly dissapointing. There were a lot of shots with deformed faces and the timing for the jokes were horrible. I'm seriously annoyed. A lot of people that watch gintama will probably watch this episode, but all they will get is 24 minutes of wasted time and a bad first impression.

Sorry for the rant, but they should've made this episode a lot better. Gintama's anime version of this crossover was tons better than the manga version. Sket dance's anime version was just crappy.

Gintama anime crossover >> Sket Dance anime crossover
Sket dance manga crossover >> Gintama manga crossover

Agreed. I know them having the reverse timeslots gave them a bit of trouble, but my god, Gin-san and Shinpachi looked pretty damn awful most of the time. There were some decent shots where they didn't look so ugly (thank goodness), but other times you could see clearly that these animators couldn't get their designs down.
Kagura was fine thankfully.

Quite disappointed. To think they spent this little budget on this episode....when Gintama put in just as much effort as usual...It's a damn crossover!

BUUUUT. Well I still enjoyed it. Just quite sad because the manga version of this chapter was so much better. Shinohara-sensei draws Gintama characters really nicely, but the anime staff can't.

Edit: And seeing the fake preview from Gintama's episode earlier this week...it saddens me because that's what the anime version could have been. With Shinohara-sensei's designs and decent animation...

..and this could have been a great chance to woo Gintama fans. But I worry this will just end up cementing their bad opinions on this show.
This show has some great scenes too, ya know!

I feel like I'm part of the cross over. As a Gintama fan, I had to watch the 2nd version of this cross over, on Sket Dance's part.

And well your worries were not in vain. I thought the animation was crappy as well. And sometimes they looked deformed. And Kagura's eyes are blue, not purple!
gaaah.
So yes this episode did made it seem like an anime with bad art.
But the story itself was alright.
My favorite part, Kagura punching Bossum.
Lmao you go girl!
Oh and also Himeko taking over as the straight man, and shutting shinpachi out.
THat was great. So Kagura and Himeko, plus Gintama would make a better show! lol. nah just kidding.
I enjoyed this episode.

Aug 22, 2013 8:09 PM

Haha loved this crossover!!

Nov 29, 2013 7:37 AM

This is the episode that made laugh the most. So many great jokes like Scoutman, Borsalino, Sex-dan... And the overall chaotic vibe with the little details like the Sadaharu banner, the sukonbu pelocan, or the "hey Gin-san is saying something nice, it must be the end". Yorozuya forever.

Jan 26, 2014 12:19 AM

Enjoyable but certainly weaker than the Gintama crossover.

I rarely criticise art, but that was quite a poor Gintoki, and even Shinpachi is off which is mind boggling for a character that is touted as easy to draw/animate on Gintama constantly.. Kagura was ok but also not perfect. Suffice it to say the Gintama anime did an infinitely better job with the art on their Crossover.

Also very surprising that some people were introduced to Gintama from this, since for the vast majority it was the opposite. Even more surprising is that some dislike and drop Gintama but finish Sket. They clearly made a big mistake not bearing with things till it improved exponentially, but somehow they stayed with Sket even though it also has a slow/weakish start. Perplexing.

Feb 15, 2014 12:17 PM
It was great. I like how Bossun was in awe of the legend that is Gintoki and I liked how they handled the voice actor bits, especially Switch as Gin.

Gin looked a bit weird throughout the episode though.

May 13, 2014 3:47 AM
I think it was ok though I think the art could have been better still a good laugh

Jul 14, 2014 11:20 AM

scrotey said:
"What, reusing animation already? Gintama has all new episodes every week."

Don't fool yourself Gintoki, you know better than anyone that Gintama is notorious for re-using animation. It's a running gag of Gintama. (Especially the scene where they sit around the kotatsu and talk while Kagura eats oranges, that scene was used like what, five times?)
Modified by Laraso, May 25, 2015 8:36 AM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.

Oct 6, 2014 2:31 PM

Hmm, I guess it's safe to say Gintama >>> Sket Dance

though I do like Tsubaki from SD

Nov 10, 2014 6:59 PM

after i finish this, I'm definitely going to start watching Gintama. i started to watch it long ago but for some reason i ended up dropping it. back then, i don't think i was able to get accustomed to a long comedy anime. but today...today, now, at this time, i, luscious lobsters, an a different man.

Feb 8, 2015 12:25 PM

after that switch episode, I was surprised to find that this was the crossover ep >_>

that was great. art for gintoki/patsuan was weird, but... I got over it. some great gintama jokes this ep :> I loved the seiyuu jokes. It was hilarious.

May 25, 2015 6:38 AM

Gin-chan and co are never disappointing <3

Loved this episode, though the way Gin, Kagura and Shinpachi were drawn/animated was...awkward.

Jun 8, 2015 2:49 PM

Pretty fun crossover, better than the Sket Dance crossover in Gintama that's for sure! All in all pretty solid episode and quite liked the all the references especially the Steins;Gate and Yatterman one!

Mar 7, 2016 10:45 PM

The animation for Yorozuya.. is a bit.. I don't know
Same voice.. Sure.. It's same person too xD

In short..
Nice to see Shipanchi and his glasses joke still there xD

Nice crossover.. Still sad about previous episode though
"Signature removed"

Mar 22, 2016 5:14 PM

Can't say I enojyed this ep very much. The humor in Gintama doesn't really hit home for me, so this ep wasn't that funny to me. (Not to imply that I completely click with Sket Dance's sense of humor which is fairly similar to Gintama's, but I like the characters here more so it's more bearable). The next episode looks good though!

May 4, 11:08 AM
I started watching this show because of a youtube video suggested to me with Switch referencing Steins;Gate. Enjoying every minute of SKET Dance up to this point. I haven’t watched Gintama but I plan to after I finish this

Pages (2) « 1 [2]