Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 11, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
hm, the story in there last 2 episodes has felt a lot like NGE went ^_^'

-....damn, i really wish there was a season 2 now....

"to be next story" <--awesome translation is awesome.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Oct 9, 2018 7:06 PM

Sep 2013
Meh...didn't care for the ending

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 12, 2019 8:08 PM

Mar 2016
The best thing about this anime is how much personality it has and how self-aware it can be. The village's customs are absurd, the characters have good chemistry and the story has them struggling against all this fucked up shit while they pretend to live a mundane big city life (What Aki says in the last episode about 'yelling at each other on this tiny roof' is super on the nose, and probably the only good line of dialogue from him). Like, if this show is about anything it's about how irrelevant the village and the Dolls are when they come in contact with the outside world. Even when they're fighting each other in broad daylight they're confused for movie props and there is no wider conflict to fight because nobody else gives a crap.

So, with a setup like this you have to expect some insanity as these different 'worlds' collide, and the show manages to portray that very well. The outcome is, I think, a great balance between comedy and the dramatic moments. Like, how many anime are willing to play with the tone as much as they do here? I can't imagine how insufferable this would have been if they had played it completely straight.

I don't even have to read the comments here to guess that a lot of people think the series 'didn't know what it wanted to be.' Nah, fuck that, it knew exactly what it was doing. It certainly wasn't perfect but it was consistently entertaining. Kamisama Dolls Corner was stupidly fun too.

Also, Hibino's titties are too perfect.
syncrogazerFeb 17, 2020 8:32 PM
Aug 8, 2021 11:51 PM

Feb 2014
Damn Magatsuhi got obliterated there O_o

We finally got to see Kyohei and Hibino come together. When Hibino was like “I'm not a thing of yours!” I was like THANK YOU so even though they kissed and held hands after that I'm glad she called him out on that. The dialogue between Aki and Kyohei at the end was really insightful. We caught a quick glimpse of what happens next through the credits and a little scene after the credits (was that a seventh Kakashi flying there??). I really wish we got a second season, because there's so much more I want to know, like how the Hyuga and Kuga got to rule the village and why they fight, what exactly is that 4-legged kakashi and what does the Hyuga elder want to do with it, and like what's gonna happen next!! But it's been like a decade, and I've heard their sales were pretty bad, so I highly doubt anything else is gonna come from this :(

I really like how the story events unfolded and we slowly got to learn more about what was going on as new things were popping up, I thought that overall that worked well. I felt like overall the balance between the drama and comedy was done well, although they felt kinda sudden a good number of times. There wasn't a whole ton of action but I liked it when it was there. I also really like the music, especially the ED. I also liked the OP and the OP animation. I thought that the seki having kakashi patterns on them at times in the OP was a nice touch.

I first watched this show like 7 years ago, and while I only remembered a few bits and pieces before rewatching, a lot of it came back to me on the rewatch (but there were still plenty of parts that I still forgot and so it was fun to watch again lol). I originally rated it at a 9 and I think I'd keep it there, I really enjoyed it and I'm glad I rewatched it!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2021 12:42 PM
Mar 2019
Not A Bad Watch But Nothing Special.
Not Really Interested If A Season 2 Appears Or Not.
For Some Reason I Like Doll Type Anime, Not Robot Dolls But Rozen Maiden Types.
That Is Just Me Though.
Jul 16, 2023 10:39 AM

Sep 2017
Ya this show got worse and worse as it went on with Hibino being reduced to "the chick with big tits." Then we get shit like a rape fetish scene and immediately after Hibino is "saved" that psycho bitch makes a comment about how Hibino looks hot tied down lmao and shortly after goes with him like nothing happened. In the final credits here it looks like they even fucked. Ya good one. Get with someone who was about to rape your friend. Mahiru joining the story definitely brought it down as well. Her type of character can work, and she wasn't totally awful, but just the things that happened because of her joining were pretty stupid.
Nov 9, 2023 2:27 PM

Aug 2017
Well the ending wasn't good, they left us with a cliffhanger hope for a second season that won't come out,
The best thing about this episode is that conversation between Aki and Kyouhei on the roof, and it turned out the Kyouga elder is hiding the monster doll,
I'll give it a 7 because I liked the story a lot but the execution wasn't good enough.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Still waiting for S2...

kari-ya - Sep 7, 2021

4 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Sep 20, 2011

83 by Dekom »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 13, 2011

81 by Dekom »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 6, 2011

98 by Dekom »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notsureifsrs - Aug 30, 2011

69 by Dekom »»
Nov 5, 2023 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.