Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2011 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I had a feeling this episode would end the way it did.
I never felt Chloe was intended to be the true Noir. In the painting of Noir, the two maidens are seen as one with long hair facing the other maiden, who has short hair. This made me feel like it was Kirika and Mireille who were really supposed to be Noir.
I also knew Chloe had feelings for Kirika all along. It really explains a lot about that kiss :) along with her constant jealousy and animosity towards Mireille.
barelyaliveSep 25, 2011 8:22 PM
Jun 8, 2013 7:31 PM

May 2010
barelyalive said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I never felt Chloe was intended to be the true Noir. In the painting of Noir, the two maidens are seen as one with long hair facing the other maiden, who has short hair. This made me feel like it was Kirika and Mireille who were really supposed to be Noir.
I also knew Chloe had feelings for Kirika all along. It really explains a lot about that kiss :) along with her constant jealousy and animosity towards Mireille.

You are mistaken on three counts.

1. The history of Noir dates back to the medival times, I seriously doubt the selection is for "one with long hair and one short". That is like saying Kirka's hair is not brown like in the portrait.

2. The kiss was part of the ritual. I thought that was overdone; not to mention that pond was absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe they went in nude in that pond, they could catch so many diseases.

3. Restating what I just said, Chloe and Kirka were the true Noir. It is just that Kirka remembered the words of Mireille's mother.

Finally I find it odd that Kirka and Chloe looks younger than Mireille. The lightening speed of Kirka is rather unrealistic.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 9, 2013 6:31 PM

Jun 2008
Confucius said:
barelyalive said:

You are mistaken on three counts.

1. The history of Noir dates back to the medival times, I seriously doubt the selection is for "one with long hair and one short". That is like saying Kirka's hair is not brown like in the portrait.

2. The kiss was part of the ritual. I thought that was overdone; not to mention that pond was absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe they went in nude in that pond, they could catch so many diseases.

3. Restating what I just said, Chloe and Kirka were the true Noir. It is just that Kirka remembered the words of Mireille's mother.

Finally I find it odd that Kirka and Chloe looks younger than Mireille. The lightening speed of Kirka is rather unrealistic.

I disagree about the pond part, I think it was an scene made in great taste - the whole episode is full of symbolism. Do you really think people in the 10th century have bathrooms or saunas like we have today? Other than that, you kinda nailed it.

On to the final ep then...

Aug 28, 2013 8:36 AM

Sep 2012
And I liked Chloe being part of this. So what is next I guess I'll find out.
Apr 6, 2014 1:29 PM

Sep 2012
They couldn't help but throw in that yuri fanservice, could they? Ah well, lol, its not like I didn't like it.

I'm glad Cloe died. She pissed me off with her fucking little smirks.

I have a feeling everybody's going to wind up dead next episode.
May 30, 2014 10:30 AM

Apr 2013
Noo why did Chloe die... i liked her a lot.
Dec 3, 2014 2:55 PM

Sep 2012

Bittersweet end for Chloe.
May 27, 2015 7:30 PM
Sep 2012
Poor Chloe
Oct 24, 2015 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
Is...is it okay to breathe now? That duel between Mireille and Kirika was awesome, I really appreciate how they've been able to keep up a ripe amount of action nearly every episode. Chloe's demise weighed heavily on me, I mean she was born and raised on insanity and the revival of Noir with Kirika was everything to her. It's as Kirika said, her and Chloe completed each other. But even so, I've found Mireille and Kirika's sisterhood to be far stronger and what Mireille's mother said speaks volumes about how it was indeed those two bound together by the thread of fate.

Also just going to have to shake my head at the people who seriously believed that this was fan-service/pandering. Tsk tsk, sad world we live in when everything must be sexualized to cope with misunderstandings.
Dec 18, 2015 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an episode! Chloe is amazing assassin, but i knew Kirika would kill her. Tbh i thought they were going to show a twist at the flashback. Kirika didn't killed Mireille's mother, but Chloe instead.

Don't really mind the Yuri ritual. Feels like it's something they would do in the medieval days.

Also it's a shame once again they didn't show how Mireille was stab in the leg by Chloe, yet we see Kirika's fork having Chloe's blood on it.

Should have blood in the first place.

Altena is not gonna be happy about this. Can't wait for the final episode :)
Jan 25, 2017 2:49 PM

Jan 2016
Damn, Chloe is like the crazy ex
she was a cool character
RIP
Aug 12, 2017 9:43 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Red_Keys said:
They couldn't help but throw in that yuri fanservice, could they? Ah well, lol, its not like I didn't like it.

I'm glad Cloe died. She pissed me off with her fucking little smirks.

I have a feeling everybody's going to wind up dead next episode.

Yepp, she got the end I wanted for her. I found it even okay it wasnt as brutal as I immagined.

Nov 15, 2017 7:42 AM

Aug 2015
By far the best episode in terms of both action and emotional impact. Chloe releasing her repressed feelings towards Mireille only to be killed by Kirika with the fork that she treasured so much is quite tragic closure. I've felt neutral towards Chloe for the whole show but after this episode I'd say she's an awesome character.
Jan 19, 2019 2:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This was a really good episode. All of Chloe's jealousy and frustration comes out with Mireille's appearance. All that time those 2 spent together and the bond they formed was insurmountable for her.
I think next episode is going to be a tearjerker too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 21, 2021 9:45 PM

Jun 2016
Even after my third time watching Noir watching Chloe die still makes me emotional, and very few anime or any media have that effect on me. Bee Train did an outstanding job on every aspect of this anime, from the art to the soundtrack to the character development.
Jun 30, 2022 7:20 AM
Apr 2022
The sexual tension in this fight is so 🤌
Nov 8, 2022 8:25 AM
May 2011
When I started my rewatch of this series, the scene I was looking forward to the most was Kirika's letter to Mireille, but I have to say this episode has surpassed it and is my favorite. It's not perfect (Mireille and Kirika are much less accurate when shooting at each other, Mireille was very lucky the watch didn't either remain shut or break completely so as to not play the music, Chloe had multiple opportunities to outright kill Mireille, and the lack of blood will always stick in my craw) but it's not so much where I can't suspend my disbelief, and I really like the idea of the final trial being the third candidate. Despite not liking Chloe, I really loved her this episode. She has been obsessed with Kirika so long, and now, finally, after all the trials, on the brink of being joined together with her forever, she kisses her as a culmination of all her adoration, admiration, and patience (I don't believe it was part of the ritual). When Mireille was taking Kirika away from her, and she snapped, I felt that. I didn't feel bad for her, but I understand her, and it was powerful. Kirikia killing her with the fork was just the cherry on top.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noir Episode 13 Discussion

ApolloFC - Apr 8, 2010

21 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Apr 7, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Noir Episode 20 Discussion

barelyalive - Sep 11, 2011

15 by wildhood »»
Mar 31, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Noir Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kucai82 - Apr 14, 2009

75 by Ibrahim-Overseer »»
Jan 22, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Noir Episode 19 Discussion

Guitarplayer20 - Aug 23, 2013

7 by Noirlax »»
Jan 12, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Noir Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Apr 19, 2010

30 by Warghost »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.