Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2011 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
Aww it ended. I was feeling sad when the ending credits rolled around but I had to smile at Tomoe lol.

Pretty decent ending to a decent series. I hope there's a s2 of this.
Sep 29, 2011 7:01 PM

Jul 2009
I enjoyed this series, but I think it would have done better if it were 13 episodes.
Sep 30, 2011 12:28 AM

Dec 2007
Nice simple ending, no complaints about that, definitely gonna miss seeing Ohana and the gang.

8/10
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Sep 30, 2011 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
I loved this serie and the ending left me with a bit of sadness.
Any chances of a second season? I just don't want to say "sayonara" to the characters :(
Sep 30, 2011 8:46 AM

Sep 2010
Kreynor said:
I loved this serie and the ending left me with a bit of sadness.
Any chances of a second season? I just don't want to say "sayonara" to the characters :(
I wouldn't expect so, the conclusion concluded everything I can think about. Even though I love this show, after thinking about it for a bit, I think it's better to not have a 2nd season.

An OVA with Kou and Ohana in Tokyo for example, would be nice though because they could go deeper into the characters. Maybe even better would be that the OVA would be about them before the series, so that means that we will get to see some background story about their relationship and why they came to like eachother. An 'after story' (not like in Clannad that we get to see
, but just about their relationship in the months after it) would be nice, but I think the first would be better.
Sep 30, 2011 1:24 PM

Mar 2008
Somehow, the ending was a bit surprising for this kind of anime, but still, Ohana reunited happily with Kouta, so... best ending :D

Scariest part: Beanman's grandson looks like him. I freaked out :p
Sep 30, 2011 5:59 PM
Jul 2009
This was a good ending for a good show. I think it deserves a 8/10 or maybe even 9/10. :)
GundamDuoMaxwellSep 30, 2011 6:05 PM
Sep 30, 2011 6:28 PM

May 2011
very nice show.. cool story and a great ending.. learned how to fest it up thanks to Ohana
Oct 1, 2011 5:19 AM

Nov 2007
A wonderful ending to an anime that I wanted to drop after episode 4.

Loved the way they sorted out the two relationships I was cheering on from the start of the show. Looking forward to the day those flowers will bloom!

8/10

Redfoxoffire said:
That yakisoba guy who seemingly whipped up a heart in 5 seconds after Ohana's confession is officially the most badass character in the series.

Top yakisoba guy right there! Minchi and Tohru should be his apprentices :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 1, 2011 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Beautiful ending to a lovely show! One of my top 3 favorite spring anime. :D

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 1, 2011 9:44 AM
Sep 2011
when people say this anime went downhill after an episode or two, exactly in what way?

with a slice of life like this, you're not expecting 26 episodes of serious plot development like something along the lines of the first season Code geass. The animation style was beautifully done, the OP's were quite enjoyable and i watched ALOT of them without skipping. its meant to just follow her life for 26 episodes and i think it did that very well.

this is just my taste though, and the bittersweet ending i thought was pretty much perfect, though i would've liked to see just a few more ohana Ko scenes.

im also curious, after reading comments with other animes ive watched recently, why do people want key characters to die to make it "a better anime" or less Cliched?
Oct 1, 2011 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
Overall I enjoyed this series, the ending was how it should have been.......but what's up how come they didnt show Ohana saying goodbye to Miko or Nako? I wanted to see some reactions. =\
Oct 1, 2011 10:20 PM

Mar 2009
Still a bud.

What the...I thought this anime was about her blooming into a strong, capable, responsible woman. Ah, well.

7/10
Oct 1, 2011 10:54 PM

Aug 2010
Well this was quite enjoyable, but this ep drama was kinda a little...dunno exaggerated? anyways 8/10 for me, lol somehow it feels like nothing changed at all
Oct 2, 2011 5:36 PM

Feb 2008
Jeez, these last few episodes made me really emotional for some reason. I didn't expect that from this show.
Oct 11, 2011 5:22 PM

Nov 2009
i really like dat ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2011 6:26 PM

Sep 2011
Love this Anime.
Oct 12, 2011 2:59 AM

Mar 2007
The little subtle hints on how Ohana's grandmother worked through hardships in her life and later getting the family together again is one of the best charms the show has to offer. This episode is one of the best after the OP change, but overall this deserves a 9/10 from me.

Hoping P.A.Works would do well with a horror-genre anime next. Looking forward to this.
Oct 13, 2011 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Wasted potential
Oct 13, 2011 3:04 PM

May 2010
jpem said:
Wasted potential

Indeed
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 13, 2011 3:34 PM

Oct 2010
Just finished it and I have to say, that was rather good.

Im a sap for these emotional animes, and god the art was a 10/10

Sure it could've been better, but either way I really liked it.

Overall
8/10
Oct 15, 2011 1:38 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Rly nice anime :) 9/10

But Ohana and Ko didnt chu even not in last ep D:
Oct 17, 2011 3:25 PM

Feb 2011
Absolutely the best Anime I've ever seen.

Ohana is one of the most inspiring characters i've personally ever seen. To see her go from that girl thinking "I've never been so upset in my life" as she's thrust into her first work environment to a girl who became the heart and soul of that same work place is truly a great experience. She showed everyone what can happen if you accept your situation, and work hard to better it. What can happen, is you can find your dreams.

Truly a beautiful mix of all the wonderful things that anime can offer.
Oct 17, 2011 5:09 PM
Dec 2008
it was surprisingly good by the end
great series, i was hoping to see the people return to kissuiso one day in the ending scenes. it was a great depiction of a growing up stage of a person's life, and very interesting at that. i kinda wish i have a similar experience in the future.
overall, the animation was great, loved the characters, nice sweet enjoyable show that im going to miss
Oct 22, 2011 5:11 AM

Aug 2009
"I want to be Sui Shijima" - Ohana. WOW.
Haha. Look at Tomoe. XD Jiroumaru&Tomoe or Ren&Tomoe? XD
"I'll be waiting."
Enish & Takako are now working in Fukuya.
Beanman's grandson looks like him. XD
Jiroumaru is now back writing novels.
Ren has now his job & still nervous as ever.
Tomoe still works as a waitress & she is stil the same. LOL.
Tohru & Minchi ... Nah.
Nako is now a swimming instructor~
Ohana is back in Tokyo - chasing Ko.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Oct 28, 2011 11:15 AM

Nov 2010
MelbShaw said:
Minko is such a huge bitch, my gawd and still is after 26 episodes.

Seeing where everyone is at in the end is so nostalgic to another anime. Ending is not that bad, I'll take it. When Ohana's grandmother said she still be waiting I think she gonna be dead by then haha.

7.5/10 but closer to the 7 so 7 it is.

tsundere is tsundere unfortunately. I thought she was a bitch too but isn't that how most are?

I also would give it a 7.5 if I could, but I had to round it down. I liked the series overall, but something about this ending made me feel uneasy. Possibly because I marathoned the last few episodes. I will watch them again tonight to get a better understanding.
Oct 28, 2011 11:35 AM

Aug 2010
good series overall, ending was good as well, at least it wasn't bad like other anime, so for me 8/10

Oct 30, 2011 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
6/10

I agree the 2nd half was mostly drawn out and downhill. might have been better with less eps? maybe. I'm glad it shut down. maybe have an OVA showing what everyone is up to later on.

the less on Enishi and his annoying new wife the better though.

nothing bad about the ending. things just ended up going meh overall though. it just wasn't that special and I don't see how it gets an 8 rating. it was all right but that's it.
Nov 4, 2011 3:42 PM

Jul 2010
I liked the story and Ohana is a great main char :) The ending was good, I'm usually not a fan of an open ending but this one felt more like a promise than a gap ^^ I didn't liked the first and 25th episode though xD And Michi's bitchy attitude was really annoying.

It's too bad they didn't really focussed on romance, sometimes a bit but not really that much (like when they're holding hands, going out or... well.. romantic things like that) but well it's enough to satisfy me :)

The ending credits were nice, I'm glad everyone seemed happy and to be going on with their lives. Nice show, def worth watch 8/10
Nov 11, 2011 9:36 PM

Jul 2010
:') Beautiful. Just completely and utterly beautiful. The end of a masterpiece, and I'm not really sad. I feel it ended perfectly. I'm satisfied.

One thing I'm really happy about is that they didn't emphasize Ko and Ohana, it was more about Kissuiso. I loved it so much. I cried so badly as Okaami was walking the halls and imagining how things used to be. Reminded me a lot of Fruits Basket's ending in the manga. Great..

I hope there's a sequel (who wouldn't) but I wouldn't mind if they stopped it here. They allowed room for a sequel, but if they couldn't do it they still had a firm ending.

Great series. A true masterpiece. Not too outside of the box, but executed almost perfectly.
I was expecting the series to be a complete drama, but it surprised me in a good way.
9/10

Ohana and the gang's story will go on forever in my heart.. :3

Now to the new episodes of Beelzebub and Hunter x Hunter today! (xD I change so quickly)
Nov 11, 2011 9:37 PM

Jul 2010
Animefanx3 said:
It's too bad they didn't really focussed on romance, sometimes a bit but not really that much (like when they're holding hands, going out or... well.. romantic things like that) but well it's enough to satisfy me :)

Contrary to you, I'm really happy they didn't focus on the romance aspect of the show.. It really made it original and I loved how the real core of the series was Kissuiso. I enjoyed the drama in the show and it was exciting, but there are way too many animes you can watch with 'over-the-top' drama so I loved the mellow kind of 'story-telling' way this was. IMO though.
Nov 13, 2011 2:24 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty good. I liked the drama and some of the characters in this show so it wasn't a waste of time. a 7/10 from me. It was good.
Nov 17, 2011 12:00 PM

Jan 2011
Very Nice!!! 10/10 for the series!
Nov 23, 2011 7:50 PM

Nov 2009
This series ended exactly where it needed to and I'm happy about that.

I always find the Bittersweet endings the most satisfying and this one was no exception...pretty much all the loose ends were tied convincingly.

I had a massive amount of respect for Sui by the end, I was so expecting Ohana to give her a tearful hug at the train station...it's probably what I would have done in the same situation.
Nov 27, 2011 12:08 AM

Jul 2009
10/10!
i almost dropped hanasaku iroha in the middle chapter, and glad i wasn't do that :D
Riptos said:
This series ended exactly where it needed to and I'm happy about that..

agree with this
no fairy tale ending, just a realist one
Nov 29, 2011 1:12 AM

Oct 2009
It ... ended.

Enjoyed it, heck I marathoned it 1-26 haha.

Can't say much, was perhaps a bit too long for its own good but no worries. Loved it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2011 11:36 PM

Nov 2007
I like. :D Ko-chan! :DD
Ahahaha. I found the confession sweet! Yatta! Finally they got together..

I predicted that they will shut down Kissuiso temporarily, well that's the best option they had..
The unexpected thing for me is Ohana's wish. i thought its about Kissuiso, but its for herself and she wants to be Sui-san! GREAT! :DD She grew. :D

Ah! I noticed this, Ohana's words~ I think she has a talent for being a writer. the way she interprets her feelings, the first scene and the last scene proves it.. :DD well, that's just what i want to see.

ah! Lastly,...

Ohana's Okasama, Satsuki-sama, Daisuki!!!! :D
Dec 7, 2011 5:56 PM

Nov 2009
I agree with most of the ppeepz in here !!
This show would have been magical if they shortened it down a bit !!
But I still enjoyed it... but some episodes were just a drag to watch tbh !!
Hoping for a better 2nd season
d: D
Dec 13, 2011 8:06 AM

Feb 2011
nice show
9/10 for it
good plot, sound, and graphic

my last word
happy bonboru-ing
Dec 16, 2011 12:38 AM

Jun 2011
Overall, I truly enjoyed this anime. The ending was quite nice, with Ohana finally confesses her feelings to Kou. Ohana's wish was a surprised but I understand why she wanted to be just like her grandma.

I hope they at least make an OVA (or better, a movie) showing them returns to Kissuiso after a few years~ 8/10 from me =)
Dec 20, 2011 5:15 AM

Jun 2009
Good ending to a great show. See, this is exactly how I want my Slice of Life anime to be. I really liked this. 8/10 (the first in a while)
grandy_UiDDec 20, 2011 5:18 AM
Dec 23, 2011 1:20 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, Just finished the series and I really enjoyed it. The ending was brilliant, everything got wrapped up and most importantly Ko and Ohana are back together~ Wasn't the best series and didn't quite get over the 8/10 mark for me, but still a nice refreshing change. Hopefully the new anime of Hanasaku Iroha wont spoil the ending, I do want to see more of the characters though.
Dec 23, 2011 8:54 AM
Nov 2011
Yeah, what a sad, happy, tear soaked finale. The Daughter thanks the Grandma, the Ohana explains what happened that first day and how it changed her. And is there something about the culture there that The Grandma, even after they close the Inn, she can only reach out and embrace Ohana with a touch to her cheek? Not even a hug, or expression of how she really feels for her? That's the one part that has me mad, but it can't change my rating at this point. This show has really made me think, and wonder what my own dreams may be and how will I go about accomplishing them, as I build them with my own family.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 26, 2011 2:15 PM

Oct 2010
10/10 for me, this last episode ends the series perfectly.
Actually, I was quite pissed off by the endless episodes where Ohana was just crying for nothing and I thought the end would be the same but worse (because she'd finally confess to Ko, or whatever). The last episodes surprised me, a lot.
I'm clearly not the type of person to cry easily, but tears began to come two or three times during this last episode, it's great work!
(Although it reminds me I'm a hopeless loser).
Jan 27, 2012 8:39 AM

Nov 2009
8/10 \m/
almost down to 7/10, but its seems the weak mid sector was saved by the stable final episodes...and yes the soundtrack and animation consistency perhaps, well monitored by the PAW staff...
Canonically end that way, bittersweet in its decency, and well they can add an OVA with the reopening as the conclusion of relief.

I wrote this roundup, and it has been an interval of 1 months since its last post, seems not much people are watching this fine work. Will this make Hanasaku a hidden gem perhaps?

It was a heartwarming stay at the Kissuiso inn, and i really felt ohana and co's hospitality :D

Feb 25, 2012 11:08 AM

Apr 2011
Good Ending to a Shitty Show
6/10

Keep it short..next time
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 1, 2012 2:52 PM

Nov 2010
What an unexpected Ending for me, but it made all sense afterwards.

I get a strong Girlmore Girls feeling watching the entire show.

Even some characters would resemble like the Grandmothers and Mothers, the Inn...

This was one of the best shows I've seen, since a long time.

The Art was top, soundtrack and the voice acting.

Oriharu & Saten from Railgun teaming up again was a welcoming addition as well.

And it's Anime Original as well surprisingly.

I read there would be a new project coming from P.A Works and I hope it would be a second season of this. It actually would be better if they could take more time to get a new story done as good or even better than this.
Mar 7, 2012 10:02 AM
Mar 2012
i was a little confused, did ohana and kou end up together in the end there lol

someone please tell me :\
doopleMar 7, 2012 10:42 AM
Apr 22, 2012 11:27 PM

Nov 2011
Great series and now waiting for that season 2 :>

~Minko approves
Apr 25, 2012 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like I'll have to fest it up too!!! =D

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.