Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 25, 2011 7:45 PM

Jan 2011
I wonder why even Satan ignores Mephisto and Amaimon.

Even if Rin/Yukio are the perfect vessel because they are only half demons (though it's not like every demon would need a vessel to walk around, why does Satan even need one?), so they can both function as a vessel like a human can and actually withstand his power as they are not only half demons but actually his own sons, why does not even he seem to notice that Mephisto and Amaimon are around? Or at least wonder what they are doing.

Well, one answer is "nobody notices Mephisto". But thats not really an answer. Obviously everybody is busy and does not have time to think "what is Mephisto doing", and he is supposed to be locked away anyways.

He probably is good at predicting where they might look etc., but surely Satan would notice Mephisto just by him being a demon? Even without the family relationship (whch has not yet been proven, as in, neither Mephisto nor Amaimon used blue fire if i am not mistaken, Mephisto just always talks about family).

It's like they do not exist when not actually talking/fighting with Rin etc. Except for some short scenes, like when Mephisto was the one behind the number Fujimoto gave Rin and the fight in the Vatican, neither had any real impact on the story.

Rin had used his flames a dozen times by the time Amaimon forced him to reveal it in front of his friends, so this could have been done by some random demon, too.

It feels like someone on the show thought it would be cool to not have a disembodied voice, but an actual guy floating around and watching everything to be narrator.

I would like to see Mephisto do something with real impact, like, talking his father down or using the power vacuum after Satan has been banished to take control of the remaining demons and finish the job or whatever. But i doubt we will see him in "action".
Sep 25, 2011 7:45 PM
Sep 2011
I could think of a few ways i'd prefer this to end...or rather, if i were writing this i would have done it differently, but i'm still looking forward to seeing what happens.

ins-chan said:
at the end, Rin was like: "It's okay, my stomach is just bleeding".
gosh, this show sucks. and what's with that random Buddhist stuff? wasn't that supposed to be christian-like anime?

so you've ignored the parts about temples? you haven't noticed that it shares aspects of many different religions?

Rin has demonic regeneration, and super strength. he was also most likely being pumped with adrenaline. doing a punch like that under those circumstances isn't too surprising... it was a single punch, not a flurry of blows or a complex martial arts fight.

i wish people would stop saying this show sucks because of tiny things they didn't like. it doesn't need to be horrible if there were things you didn't understand. it's as if people are colorblind in their thoughts.

sure, people can have opinions....but i think that i can have an opinion about their opinions...you can also have an opinion on me having an opinion about your opinion.
Sep 25, 2011 8:09 PM
Sep 2009
Queen_Stars said:
Anime_Name said:
eventful backstory/current story

How the fuck are you going to have an adventure story of any substance with a current or history that is eventful? I mean fuck. Anime/Manga might be full of different story telling techniques but there is a ceiling.

These anime gripe lists from people keep getting more and more absurdist. Shounen is your favorite genre my ass.

gains masses of power quickly

Gains masses of power quickly as compared to what? The nameless background characters or the series' villains and mentor characters? Other than these crappy anime abortions that have short stories the deviate from the manga "quickly" is not a word I would use to describe how the average protagonist goes about getting masses of power.

I actually had you down as one of the more polite members of the forum, but nevermind, I'll reply...

Actually, re-read and you'll see that I'm not speaking of the story, but character types, traits they all share that make them generally popular.

It's not a 'gripe list' if someone else can aknowledge these points, that are put forward in a neural manner and connect the dots, as there are many people who like said character types and can now view some of the reasons why.
Also, I'm not 'people', I'm Queen_stars and you replied to me amd whilst on that topic, please quote my properly next time, it can get confusing as to who you're trying to have a discussion with.

Obviously, shounen's are my fav' genre:
- my list is avaliable and easy to view?
- I wouln't keep up something I dissliked
- I have watched enough to see what's clearly familiar

Masses of power = gaining an ability and mastering it quickly and ranking above every other hard worker, I explained my aproach to this.
Tenchi_Ryu said:
BOSS.

Agreed, most of the cliche is what makes Shounen what its KNOWN for, super friendship and shit like that....overall good episode imo, but I have to agree with some folks about Shiemi at this point, she needs to go sit the fuck down.

You have just stated the exact same thing as me, shounen's are 'KNOWN' for this as you put it.
Only difference is, I'm questioning why we accept them being 'known' for this?

The way the two of you are going on, you'd think I didn't like the series (I stated I gave the ep' 4/5).
I see a big picture, respect others, avoid jumping to conclusions and don't display blind loyalty, it's as simply as that.

Don't Mind them! They are just too stubborn or having too much of unnecessary pride to change their opinion/statement to what's really obvious! Lots of shounen Manga/Anime were great just by changing the classic formula by a small amount! In AnE there's no such a thing+they fail and make it obvious that these plot elements were just for the sake of filling the remaining episodes and closing the show! By the way if you like cliched Anime/Manga with a good execution check History's strongest disciple!
Sep 25, 2011 8:57 PM

Dec 2009
LOL at the people who wanted the series to follow the manga all the way through.
The manga isn't even that far yet, that's the reason they had to make 25 eps.
Anyway, good episode.
Sep 25, 2011 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
Well, looks like another potentially good adaptation gutted like a fish and tossed into the garbage. *sigh*

I still remember how hyped I was for this series after the first two episodes.
Sep 25, 2011 9:35 PM

Oct 2009
For a second I thought Rin was dead when he got shot T^T!! Then Yukio was going to commit suicide and I screamed NOOO D:!! then he gets punched and brotherly hug between Rin and Yukio :D <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2011 10:14 PM

Jan 2011
Shura is literally doing all the work. They should rename this show Oppai no exorcist.
[center]
Sep 25, 2011 10:15 PM

Aug 2010
show was great to start, but went downhill starting a bit after halfway. the change of pacing at the end has also really hurt the show. as a whole the show isn't bad, but it's not that good either. unless the ending is horribad i know what my rating will be of the show :)
Sep 25, 2011 10:28 PM

Apr 2011
Awesome next to last episode! Can't wait for the epic finale. I'm a bit confused about Satan's motivations, is he just misunderstood or is he truly heartless and evil? It seems like he did love Rin and Yukio's mother and wants peace between humans and demons, but comes across as seethingly evil when speaking to his sons (not to mention he's a pottymouth).
Sep 25, 2011 10:42 PM

Dec 2010
Not so dissapointing actually
Hope next (final) episode is better.
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Sep 25, 2011 10:56 PM

Jan 2011
how to BOMB a great series 101 at least it's gonna end better then soul eater right?...

thank god i read these mangas.
Sep 25, 2011 11:06 PM

Jan 2011

Best part of the episode lol!

Everything else was....just......*Facepalm*
Sep 25, 2011 11:49 PM

Feb 2010
looks like the hype backfired big time on this show a hype i never understood in the first place^^
Sep 26, 2011 12:23 AM

Jan 2011
SerenityB3128 said:

Everything else was....just......*Facepalm*

truly the best part i only wonder if they did that as a joke to stop the people from raging at this kind of ending lol.
Sep 26, 2011 12:23 AM

Feb 2010
Ohhh the power of love.

Why do people like this kind of shit?

NwAurion said:

coherence/logic in ao no exorcist (anime) ? nope.
VanisherSep 26, 2011 12:30 AM
Sep 26, 2011 12:57 AM

Jan 2011
Sep 26, 2011 1:22 AM
Jun 2011
Vanisher said:
Ohhh the power of love.

Why do people like this kind of shit?

NwAurion said:

coherence/logic in ao no exorcist (anime) ? nope.

This show is the highest rated among pretty much all new shows in the last couple of seasons fsr.

Even without the "satan has the mind of a 3-year old" plot twist the series was never all that good; it had some fma style brotherly love, animation style and a bunch of shounen cliches none of which translated to a single OMG that was badass moment.
Sep 26, 2011 1:26 AM

May 2010
Not sure if want but this bromance is effective especially with the BGM. lol

Also, felt like cliche. :/

Shura kicks ass thou.
Sep 26, 2011 1:42 AM
May 2011
bakari said:
i hate how mephisto is just sitting on his magical flying chair and having a fun tea time while watching how everyone gets their asses kicked. god damn it do something! join the satan or whatever i don't care as long as i get to see mephisto fight for real

I think he is the most interesting character and somehow it's super cool how he's watching everything. :]
Sep 26, 2011 1:58 AM

Aug 2010
It was okay... a bit disappointing, but anyway it's probably the first anime which really made me want to read manga.
And yes, it would be much better if Yukio shot himself. I can't say that I don't like him, but it' would be really better. MOAR DRAMA, please!
Sep 26, 2011 2:53 AM

Jun 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:

of course gonna hate it...
because it's rubbish!!!
Sep 26, 2011 3:05 AM

Jan 2011
Sucks for you
Most others seem to love it
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=331127&pollresults=1
Sep 26, 2011 3:06 AM
Aug 2011
Well I mean I was hoping to see some really exciting fighting but this wasn't all too bad. I still wished they would've followed the manga but it is what it is. Can't always get what you want. I get that it's a certain style of show so you get those cliches, it doesn't mean they always need to be followed. Though it's one of those things that some will love for being more of what they all love and know. The touching brother scene was nice, and kinda funny that he punched Satan out of him.

The finish looks to be interesting, if they plan to wrap up the show without another season they seem to have a lot to cover still.
Tired_SmurphSep 26, 2011 3:12 AM
Sep 26, 2011 3:20 AM

Jun 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Sucks for you
Most others seem to love it
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=331127&pollresults=1
don't get me wrong you noob.
manga is really excellent, at least till now.
But thx to bunch of stupid anime maker, they turn it into a rubbish!
Sep 26, 2011 3:22 AM

Sep 2010
Cool, it will continue ? 25/25 its not enough :/
Sep 26, 2011 3:48 AM

Dec 2008
I have some issues with the story until now...
1) Is Satan good or bad? Its quite obvious he is evil but the flash back makes me feel otherwise.
2) What is Mephisto planning (if anything)?

Ignoring the awkward storyline.... the fighting sequences are quite good I think.
Sep 26, 2011 4:15 AM

Jan 2008
SerenityB3128 said:

Word, Pratchett/Gaiman are having a laugh somewhere right now.. Or would if they watched anime with GG subs :D
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Sep 26, 2011 4:21 AM

Aug 2010
honestly it wasnt that bad >_>; sure it was cliche-fest but theres nothing wrong with it LOL animation and music were excellent as always, the plot is shonen-ish but thats what i'd expect from a shonen-jump series anyways
Too bad we never got to see Mephisto in action though DX Shura got all the action screen time this episode (except for the other Exquires but they barely did anything)
Izumo's uhh sake technique was pretty cool though LOL
shame it's ending next week, and i see Kuro in the preview :3 poor Kuro almost getting shot by Yukio last time around >_>
Sep 26, 2011 4:43 AM

Jul 2009
dustinthewind said:

Don't Mind them! They are just too stubborn or having too much of unnecessary pride to change their opinion/statement to what's really obvious! Lots of shounen Manga/Anime were great just by changing the classic formula by a small amount! In AnE there's no such a thing+they fail and make it obvious that these plot elements were just for the sake of filling the remaining episodes and closing the show! By the way if you like cliched Anime/Manga with a good execution check History's strongest disciple!

You're a sweetheart.
I actually think being sensible gets you nowhere on these forums at times down to too many over zealous people; funny thing is, I was actually on the main discussion board in the same day breifly touching upon ill thought out statements in the discussion titled 'Anime that fans get it wrong'.
Perhaps some things are just obvious to a select few of us?

I like History's Strongest Disciple!, though I just have to invest more time into it, as that manga will go on for years and I understand why it's popular; read the first few chapters but will have to take time out to catch up, as for the anime; saw the first ep a few years ago and will give it a spare weekend to finish.

Sep 26, 2011 6:53 AM
Feb 2011
*cough*Something tells me*cough*that people are just trying to*cough*convince themselves into *cough*hating this show*cough*. Excuse me and my coughing.
Sep 26, 2011 8:00 AM

Jul 2010
Lmao what were you whiny bitches expecting of this anime??? The mangas not even that far. I've encountered so much worse. If you really want to see a piece of shit cliche anime watch Infinite Stratos. Animes that come out before the finished manga usually suffer. Though there are rare cases like the berserk anime (very good).
Sep 26, 2011 8:26 AM

May 2009
I don't hate this anime, but I must admit that when I first started watching it the storyline seemed much more intriguing. Yes, last two or three episodes haven't been very good and the last episode was so full of cliches that it was almost painful to watch, but I still hope that they will wrap this up nicely or at least in a satisfactory manner. I don't want to hear Satan laughing his creepy laugh ever again xD
“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Sep 26, 2011 8:38 AM
Jul 2010
I was hoping for Brothers duel, and one of them dying in the end, that at least would be appealing end, now we get some yaoi ending....
Sep 26, 2011 8:58 AM

Apr 2010
choyos said:
Almost as pathetic as Soul Eater's

I was really expecting more, I guess next episode will show more action

agree..i kept remembering soul eater with this anime..well..for me..soul eater is still better than this..

hmm..but maybe ill change my mind if EVER they plan on making a second season
Sep 26, 2011 9:01 AM

Feb 2008
damn guess rin can't get with sheimi :(
Sep 26, 2011 9:32 AM

Oct 2010
to much stuff was put into this EP, it just felt really fast.
Sep 26, 2011 10:00 AM
Jan 2011
bakari said:
i hate how mephisto is just sitting on his magical flying chair and having a fun tea time while watching how everyone gets their asses kicked. god damn it do something! join the satan or whatever i don't care as long as i get to see mephisto fight for real

I feel you, man.
Sep 26, 2011 10:03 AM

Feb 2011
ins-chan said:
at the end, Rin was like: "It's okay, my stomach is just bleeding".
gosh, this show sucks. and what's with that random Buddhist stuff? wasn't that supposed to be christian-like anime?
no, it never was, i'm sorry for you the anime gave you that impression

VioLink said:
Shura is literally doing all the work. They should rename this show Oppai no exorcist.
xD
ZeandoSep 26, 2011 10:24 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 26, 2011 11:57 AM

Sep 2009
The part where Rin start talking about how the people left behind after they kill themself make me tear up. Bon and company saving friends was quite nice. Shura can cut blue flames? And her super big demon sword is nice! But its useless...Shiemi is an annoying idiot. What can she do. How do satan plan to combine two world into one? And how come those students can see the demon? Did they got a spirit wound?

Brother Love, Twins Love. Why they no twin-telephathy?!

Worst Episode of Ao no Exorcist. This series started so good...and then the fillers are still quite okay. But since grandpa appear, this show is bullshit.
shinki7Sep 26, 2011 12:37 PM
Sep 26, 2011 12:13 PM

Apr 2011
Have I been watching too much My Little Pony, or did friendship and love just defeat Satin...
Sep 26, 2011 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
Shiemi has been choked to death? Best episode ever.
Sep 26, 2011 1:44 PM

Jun 2009
That darn shiemi! She heard Shura's whole plan, she could have at least did something useful to help them instead of making herself a hostage w/in 5 sec. She's more useless than pre-Shippuden Sakura. man! i wanted 2 strangle her myself.
Sep 26, 2011 1:56 PM
May 2010
ins-chan said:
wasn't that supposed to be christian-like anime?

In the beginning of the show i thought it was but the Buddhist thing just validates that there speaking about a general god and general religion of any caliber. It doesn't matter who or what it is.
Sep 26, 2011 2:25 PM
Jun 2009
Trigun1127 said:
In the beginning of the show i thought it was but the Buddhist thing just validates that there speaking about a general god and general religion of any caliber. It doesn't matter who or what it is.

Yeah, I guess, but this whole Vatican thing, and Assiah, Gehenna, names of demons... even reading Bible? I'm a pastafarian so it's not like I care, but it's pretty christian-ish for me.
Sep 26, 2011 3:47 PM

Jul 2011
Ironic how the fillers were less aggravating and more entertaining then when they try to make a "realistic" storyline.
Sep 26, 2011 4:44 PM

Aug 2010
I see not everyone is enjoying this episode and the series. I enjoyed it quite well, as how it's anime original and a lot of people liked the original FMA as well at the time.

Let's all hope it does pull of an FMA and get an anime reboot of the manga. :P
Sep 26, 2011 4:58 PM

Mar 2011
choyos said:
Almost as pathetic as Soul Eater's

I was really expecting more, I guess next episode will show more action

LMFAO, such a crummy way to end a wicked series. HA, brotherly love rages over Satan. Right, well how much more predictable can this show get?
-Enjoyed watching Rin get beat up though...cool graphics xD
-And did anyone else root for Yuri&Satan to succeed? I guess he did go overboard on Yuri's dream though..what a shame.

-AND CAN MEPHITO GET THE FCK OFF HIS CHAIR AND CUT THE RANDOM COMMENTARY. God, first he locks up Amaimon in a hamster's body and now he jacks off in his chair. C'mon...I'm sure you can do MUCH more than turn in to a frakking dog.
Sep 26, 2011 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
Aleka said:
Shiemi has been choked to death? Best episode ever.

Rotfl!
Sep 26, 2011 8:12 PM

Apr 2010
Just when you think this series couldn't get worse....
Sep 26, 2011 11:03 PM

Mar 2010
Kiiinda disappointed with this episode...:/
So Yukio was possessed for like, ten minutes? And simple bromance broke SATAN's control?? Mkay...Mkay....
Not gonna complain about the adorable lemon though, because it made me smilllee~~~>w>//
I really have no idea at all how they are going to end this, but I am sooo hoping it won't be a disappointment or a cliffhanger into the next season~~~_____~
Anyway, I feel like with everything that happened in this episode, it could have been a wee better, but, meh; nothing but high hopes for this last episode!!♥♥

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.