Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2011 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Suddenly begins with chibi group.

Fierce battle with some grudge from that girl.

The training little by little is showing some good result.

With what the coach said, the girl shows some seriousness.

This ep. shows the girls' feelings of wanting to play basketball.

Blue hair girl didn't make it. The guy approved Tomoka for losing at one point, and everyone still training.

The woman changed, and nice that the aunt/cousin got well.

Everyone got a date with Subaru at the end. was... donno...
tsubasaloverSep 23, 2011 9:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 23, 2011 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
The loss was expected from the Original Source, still when it's animated I'm more awed at how close the game was.

Nice to see Tomoka in a maid outfit making a shot.

Hina got a very lucky shot.

Nice ending with Aoi giving Subaru another epic kick of misunderstandings,.

lol at Maho wanting to share her popsicle with Subaru.

10/10

Sep 23, 2011 3:00 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah if you want more details you should check out the manga.

Too bad that Saki didn't make a Buzzer Beat :( they were so close of winning.

Aoi still being jealous and the kick of Aoi was a bit hilarous.
Everyone seem to looks a bit different.

Maho cuter side while dating and trying share Ice cream.

Ending looks like everyone got a date.
BlackbirdSep 23, 2011 3:04 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 23, 2011 3:45 PM

May 2011
So he got a date with everyone wtf. lol @ subaru on top of tomoka with everyone around him and aoi comes with the kick!

sad they lost a really good game. hinata makes a ridiculous reverse layup and that girl got moves in the air!
Sep 23, 2011 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
That scene where Tomoka was blushing with the maid outfit and cheering in joy made me MOEEE overload. Now I just need Yumekichi to screenshot that
Sep 24, 2011 1:25 AM

Apr 2011
I still don't find Aoi's overreactions funny in the least ... at least there won't be any more of them, neh?

Nice final episode, I suppose it was appropriate for the lolis to finally lose a match since they've been beating everyone since the series started. Subaru decides to stay on as the coach, so while he doesn't take advantage of Tomoka's offer yet I'm sure she'll be wearing that maido outfit for him in private soon enough ;) When girls your own age are as violently irrational as Aoi, who wouldn't prefer the sweetness of the lolis?

7/10, I enjoyed it for the loli fanservice and the ecchi jokes, but it got me to actually watch a sports anime for once. Considering I hate sports and sports anime, quite an accomplishment.
Sep 24, 2011 3:51 AM

Oct 2009
Blind_Guardian said:
7/10, I enjoyed it for the loli fanservice and the ecchi jokes, but it got me to actually watch a sports anime for once. Considering I hate sports and sports anime, quite an accomplishment.

Exactly my thoughts.

Also, is it just me or did the animation quality drop this episode? atleast on a lot of frames...
Sep 24, 2011 5:57 AM

Feb 2010
It was a lolilicious final episode!

Hina cleaning the window while innocently sitting on Subaru's shoulders. HHHHNNNNGGGGGG

10/10
Sep 24, 2011 6:09 AM
Jul 2011
Tomoka in maid outfit making a jump shot was nice.

Otonashiyuki said:

Also, is it just me or did the animation quality drop this episode? atleast on a lot of frames...

I noticed this too. At least the moe made up for it.

8/10
Sep 24, 2011 6:12 AM
Jun 2008
nice Anime to watch .

Airi's face become different person during the match .Actually the art become unstable and out of fund(maybe) when the match almost finish .Anyway,the starting of the match has good animation and its nice to watch .

I lol when Subaru ignore Aoi when Tomoka mention that " I practice with someone taller than me everyday ". Subaru is a pro when handling those harem(including Aoi).
MorningGlorySep 24, 2011 6:18 AM
Sep 24, 2011 6:24 AM

Nov 2008
Blind_Guardian said:
When girls your own age are as violently irrational as Aoi, who wouldn't prefer the sweetness of the lolis?

QFT and it doesn't get better until the recent volumes.

Sep 24, 2011 6:53 AM
Jul 2009
I think it was very odd how Tomoka made it conveniently under him when they all went in to force him into a massage. I do wish the anime continued though, it was a pretty interesting and amusing anime watching the girls train and overcoming their hardships playing Basketball. I also wish I would have gotten to see Subaru recreate his club at school and also alittle more SubaruxAoi.
Sep 24, 2011 7:53 AM

Aug 2010
Subaru staring at those girls... I lol'd. Poor Aoi...
Sep 24, 2011 8:08 AM

Aug 2008
They lost!!! Oh well.

7/10 It had a pretty interesting beginning, but I thought the moe loliness and fanservice were a bit too overused.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 24, 2011 8:41 AM

Aug 2011
nice episode, they lost, but hey, i know for sure that they'll bounce back from it!!!

Otonashiyuki said:

I thought the exact same thing, but i think that the episode still deserves its credit!
overall, this anime was very enjoyable, and will give it a 7/10!!XD
Sep 24, 2011 9:18 AM

Jun 2011
Oh gosh, where the heck was this show going? Where was my basketball? And what did I just sit through? ಠ_ಠ
I should have expected this, but I was naive enough to think that this was a -sniff- sports anime.
Well, whatever, pretty nice finale to end a pretty awkward show.
Sep 24, 2011 9:20 AM

May 2011
So, the epilogue time-skips into the near future, right? 'Cause Saki (with Subaru) in the /epilogue/ is taller than she was in the other episodes. Also, every other girl "matures" in their own sense.

Couldn't they have put up a "(Insert number here) Years Later..." after the gym scene?
Sep 24, 2011 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty good show/ending. lol'd at Minato's reaction to Subaru saying he'd take her up on her offer at the end !

Anyways 8/10 :D!
YungStaticSep 24, 2011 12:22 PM
Sep 24, 2011 2:09 PM

Nov 2009
Well I'll wait a few months to see if they announce a sequel if not Manga it is..8 lolis out of 10.
Sep 24, 2011 2:22 PM

Jan 2010
Blind_Guardian said:
I still don't find Aoi's overreactions funny in the least ... at least there won't be any more of them, neh?

Nice final episode, I suppose it was appropriate for the lolis to finally lose a match since they've been beating everyone since the series started. Subaru decides to stay on as the coach, so while he doesn't take advantage of Tomoka's offer yet I'm sure she'll be wearing that maido outfit for him in private soon enough ;) When girls your own age are as violently irrational as Aoi, who wouldn't prefer the sweetness of the lolis?

Is she violently irrational or irrationally violent? That's what I want to know. But either way, probably half of her scenes in the series were that.
Sep 24, 2011 2:44 PM

Nov 2009
Really enjoyed this from start to finish...really has been my guilty pleasure anime of the season. Liked Tomo from the start but gradually came to love all of them by the end. =)
Sep 24, 2011 2:56 PM

Jul 2010

Nuff said.

Time for the BDs and see what things get uncensored and what not.
Sep 24, 2011 3:04 PM

Jul 2011
Aw they lost. It not your fault Saki :D Pretty good anime overall, 8/10
Sep 24, 2011 3:36 PM

Sep 2010
Pretty decent ending for the most part. It seemed a little rushed towards the 2nd half, but I somewhat ignored it.

I felt bad for Saki missing the shot since she's my favorite of the group, but I still like all of them.

Anyway, 8/10 for Ro-Kyu-Bu!

I'm wondering how the DVD sales will do? This will determine is another season is announced in the near future.
Sep 24, 2011 3:58 PM
Feb 2011
Ep 11 was decent, but this one was pretty good too. The match was surprisingly fun to watch, and I'm actually glad they lost. Like I said at the beginning of this anime, it's losing that'll motivate them to work more and to continue going forward. Not saying they should lose all the time though, just that it's a good way to keep in touch with reality. :)
Aoi has been growing on me these past two episodes. She's seen him tucking the girls in in episode 11 without doing anything, and now she goes back to misunderstanding and kicking? Meh. And of course the other girls don't even explain the situation, they go for the cake. Aoi does that too in the final sequence, when she watches Subaru in a jealous way, everything's good when there's cake. Sigh, cake and japanese girls, what a trope...

Other than that, I'm going to rate this a 6 or a 7. Too much raving about "my feelings in basketball" and "it's good to have fun" became quite irritating after a few episodes. I get this is a sports anime, but this was mostly a loli anime. ;3 RKB turned out being a very watchable show, though it has a lot of annoying little things that stop me from rating it higher.
Sep 24, 2011 5:36 PM
May 2009
A really nice ending
Sep 24, 2011 6:10 PM

Sep 2010

>>

How does this even happen?
Sep 24, 2011 6:13 PM
Sep 2010
Hahaha How did Tomoka end up under him like that? wow
Sep 24, 2011 8:23 PM

Sep 2008
Good thing they lost.
Expected ending was expected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2011 9:14 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A cute series. I enjoyed it, but I'm sad to see it end. Wouldn't mind seeing a second season too. I loved the characters and the plot was pretty good. And I love loli maids :3

I give it an 8/10.
Sep 25, 2011 12:49 AM

Jun 2009
Pimping 5 loli's like a BOSS.
Sep 25, 2011 4:00 AM

May 2010
I was thinking that they would win but they lost..seems more natural that way.
Sep 25, 2011 7:09 AM

Apr 2011
-Quasar said:

He's the BOSS! lol!

Kinda hurt for me that they lost..but hey! At least it was a great
game, maybe the next time they compete again, the girls will floor them!
Sep 25, 2011 7:14 AM

Nov 2008
-Quasar said:

I mentioned this before but the VA of Subaru also does Youtaro in Baby Princess. The lolis must love the voice.

Sep 25, 2011 11:30 AM

Jul 2010
Well and that's it for Ro-Kyu-Bu! At first I thought it would be the typical "last second win" match, but in the end they still lost. =(

Too bad for Aoi too, Subaru gives more attention to the team if you don't tell him your feelings, hehe. Overall a pretty enjoyable series, but nothing too special. 7/10.

Sep 25, 2011 11:32 AM

Oct 2007
Hoppy said:
-Quasar said:

I mentioned this before but the VA of Subaru also does Youtaro in Baby Princess. The lolis must love the voice.
And they love the man who love them back too, don't they? :D

Good finally episode but they whole series lacked of exciting game except this episode which is great.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 25, 2011 11:34 AM

Jun 2011
Love Hinata throughout this vid with that awesome shot.

Maho was so cute when she wanted to share that popsicle.

Overall 8/10
Sep 25, 2011 2:05 PM

Nov 2010
Two words: Pure Awesomeness. A perfect ending for the only Summer 2011 anime that I didn't drop (or put On-Hold).

10/10 for me.
Sep 25, 2011 4:43 PM
Jul 2011
Well... it was was to be expected that this would end with loose ends hanging everywhere. At least they finished with a lolilicious misunderstanding, so no hard feelings :-)

I'm ready for another season and also ready for a less censored BD version (I don't know for sure - I just hope ^^).

Blind_Guardian said:
I enjoyed it for the loli fanservice and the ecchi jokes, but it got me to actually watch a sports anime for once. Considering I hate sports and sports anime, quite an accomplishment.

This exactly! Reminds me a bit of completing Saki without getting anything about mahjong. I guess us ecchi fans are the winners here, because the fan-service seems to have dominated the series all in all.

YungStatic said:
Pretty good show/ending. lol'd at Minato's reaction to Subaru saying he'd take her up on her offer at the end !

Yeah - she surely bid her virginity farewell at that moment :-D
Sep 25, 2011 4:50 PM

Nov 2010
really enjoyed this anime. gonna miss the loli basketball team. 8/10
Sep 25, 2011 6:38 PM

Oct 2007
So how far did this cover to the light novels?
Sep 25, 2011 8:01 PM

Apr 2011
7/10 for me. This was pretty great. I actually liked YuruYuri better though.
Sep 25, 2011 9:16 PM
Feb 2009
Siscokid said:
So how far did this cover to the light novels?

This match was v4 material, but there was some skipping around with episode 9, as the beach episode and Kagetsu were all v5 material.

I think they're up to v8.
Sep 26, 2011 11:11 PM

Jul 2008
Great show....I don't know why but I really liked it.

7/10

Just wondering, did they ever play the school tournament? Did I forget about it, or did they just only talk about doing it but never actually DO it?
Sep 27, 2011 1:08 AM

Apr 2011
GarLogan78 said:

7/10

Just wondering, did they ever play the school tournament? Did I forget about it, or did they just only talk about doing it but never actually DO it?

They wanted to, but their team is only 5 members, and apparently it would violate the spirit of their team to try and recruit a bench. That and the harem would grow unsustainably large ... does Subaru even HAVE a job to support that many girlfriends?

But anyway, nah, no school tournament for them. Maybe a second season will introduce a second 5 so they can really play in tournaments, and the girls can learn about sharing playing time n stuff.
Sep 27, 2011 10:11 AM

Jul 2008
Blind_Guardian said:
GarLogan78 said:

7/10

They wanted to, but their team is only 5 members, and apparently it would violate the spirit of their team to try and recruit a bench. That and the harem would grow unsustainably large ... does Subaru even HAVE a job to support that many girlfriends?

But anyway, nah, no school tournament for them. Maybe a second season will introduce a second 5 so they can really play in tournaments, and the girls can learn about sharing playing time n stuff.

Thanks. I knew there was some reason it didn't happen, but I had forgotten.
Sep 27, 2011 2:57 PM

May 2011
This was a great ending, best episode of this series that totally redeemed it for me. Last couple episodes had me /facepalm multiple times with random awkward stuff going on. But not this one, it was great and I loved it. Upped it from a 7 to 8/10.

That game was pretty intense, and those flashbacks and stuff made it really dramatic. I knew they were going to come down to the last moment and lost but it was an epic lost. Everyone had their moment in the game which I thought was great. :o Thought it was going to come down to Tomoka tho. Oh and I liked Miu, she's actually very nice.

Aoi mega kick is ftw. And Hinata is definitely the best loli in this show.
Sep 27, 2011 10:08 PM

Jun 2009
>__< They need to recruit more lolis so they can play real matches...

though distributing screen time and attention may be a pain... and any new recruit may mean one of the main cast will drop down to bench...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2011 4:54 AM

Aug 2010
It was a nice change seeing the main characters lose the last match, quite refreshing and realistic. Abundant flags for Tomoka was also enjoyable. Could have done without the Aoi kick. 4/5.

I don't even remember why I started watching this. I think it was Hanazawa. Anyways, not the worst way of spending 23 minutes every week. 6/10.
Sep 30, 2011 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
kamina99 said:
nice episode, they lost, but hey, i know for sure that they'll bounce back from it!!!

Otonashiyuki said:

I thought the exact same thing, but i think that the episode still deserves its credit!
overall, this anime was very enjoyable, and will give it a 7/10!!XD

Same for me, I hate dropped frames, also that was a good ending, even though they didn't win, well, no more lolis from now on, at least not from a basketball team.

Decent 7/10. Good story and of course, lolis.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

33 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

43 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

45 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 7, 2023 3:31 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Aug 19, 2011

78 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 7, 2023 1:54 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 26, 2011

53 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 7, 2023 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.