Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2011 8:57 PM
Feb 2011
Yet another anime with completely unrealistic and overused romance...
Why would anyone fall for Rizelmine she is OVERLY clingy and annoying as all hell. And why would anyone fall for Ryunosuke Hououin, a damn Pedo-in-training.
They should have done more with Iwaki's feelings for his teacher. Giving it the boot like they did ruined the shows chance to shine. It would have made for much more conflict and depth to the characters. Plus who wouldn't want to see a teacher ending. It hardly ever happens.

The mama's and papa's made the show.

5/10
Sep 29, 2011 7:45 AM

Nov 2008
I personally find Rizel ADORABLE. :p Lolicons and kids her age would be all over that. lol

Plus who wouldn't want to see a teacher ending.

..........are you SERIOUS? Oh yes, a fifteen-year-old kid ending up with his 30-some-year-old TEACHER who's already ENGAGED to another ADULT is soooooooo realistic. /sarcasm mode.

It hardly ever happens.

On the contrary, it happens A LOT. And I don't really understand the teacher fetish. The only one that's good is Kodomo No Jikan.
ChiibiSep 29, 2011 7:49 AM

Sep 29, 2011 4:50 PM
Feb 2011
The teacher ending is something I have hardly seen in anime and would be a nice change. There is a lot of stupids ending with teachers but they are always the side characters EX. Chobits. The only reason the teacher ending wouldn't work in this anime is because of the extreme reasoning for his older women love. Otherwise the teacher is a better person in every sense.
Sep 29, 2011 4:57 PM

Mar 2011
korn7809 said:
The teacher ending is something I have hardly seen in anime and would be a nice change. There is a lot of stupids ending with teachers but they are always the side characters EX. Chobits. The only reason the teacher ending wouldn't work in this anime is because of the extreme reasoning for his older women love. Otherwise the teacher is a better person in every sense.

Checkout TWGOK season 2, has a teacher route
Courtesy of Paul
Sep 30, 2011 3:37 PM
Feb 2011
I have actually watched both TWGOK 1 and 2 and wasn't impressed with it.
Oct 2, 2011 10:22 PM

Nov 2008
korn7809 said:
The teacher ending is something I have hardly seen in anime

Yeah, because it's stupid.

Otherwise the teacher is a better person in every sense.

A "better" person?
You're comparing an adult woman to a 12-year-old nanohuman child.
How is the teacher "a better person in every sense"?
Because she's mature and has big boobs?
Please.
All "sexy" female anime teachers are the same. They always have ridiculous body proportions, are soft-spoken, and dress like sluts.
This particular one is the most boring character in the series, not even that pretty compared to the other girls. She has no character development, we hardly know anything about her, and there's nothing memorable about her at all. Add on to the fact that she doesn't love Iwaki and Iwaki's feelings seem like nothing more than teenage lust over her physical assets.
Rizel might be immature and clingy in the beginning but that doesn't make her a bad person. She's still a child, learning about the world around her so comparing her to an adult woman who has her entire life together is pretty unfair. Besides, Rizel emotionally matures by the end of the series. Add onto the fact that Rizel actually loves him and there is no reason left to ship the teacherxIwaki pairing. The major theme of this show is accepting people even if they don't meet the standards of your dream fantasies. That's why each character falls in love with the exact opposite of their ideal type. It's a very realistic romance anime in that sense.
ChiibiOct 2, 2011 10:28 PM

Feb 15, 2012 7:43 PM

Jun 2007
korn7809 said:
And why would anyone fall for Ryunosuke Hououin, a damn Pedo-in-training.
Have you *seen* how much money that boy's family has, and how much Japanese women value a rich husband? Not that unrealistic to me.
Apr 2, 2012 7:05 PM

May 2009
korn7809 said:
Yet another anime with completely unrealistic and overused romance...

Yeah, it's called anime.
korn7809 said:
And why would anyone fall for Ryunosuke Hououin, a damn Pedo-in-training.

But boobs therapy fixed him.
Jan 5, 2013 2:47 AM
Oct 2012
Good show. And I had a moe overdose in 19 episode.
Jan 5, 2013 3:40 AM

Nov 2009
I didnt like it generally.

The male lead was the epitome of an evil swine. Sure he didnt have to buy into everything with Rizel but he could have treated her like a human being.

Rizel was quite annoying generally and I love lolis generally but she really irritated me as she could continue to be all perky even after treated horribly. A realistic reaction would have made the show a bit deeper though I reckon that's not what it was going for.

Anyway I remember dropping it fairly early simply because of the male lead.
Jan 18, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2012
i don't see why there is so much hate for this series i enjoyed it quiet a bit but oke that my opinion
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 16, 2013 5:43 PM

Jan 2012
I too, really enjoyed this anime. However it was easy to be bothered by Iwaki's odd behavior and his older women fetish. But I really liked the humor and I could even see Iwaki becoming more closer to Rizel. So I suppose I could say that the characters lacked originality at least until the following episodes. :)
teen drinking is very, very bad.
Aug 8, 2015 3:36 AM

Dec 2014
Seriously Shippers. Your're alternative is practically senseless and stupid. IwakiXTeacher is the worst couple I can see for the entire series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rizelmine Episode 8 Discussion

joemama32 - Aug 15, 2023

0 by joemama32 »»
Aug 15, 2023 2:08 AM

» Rizelmine Episode 24

nidoqueen106 - Jul 6, 2019

1 by nomad8 »»
Apr 4, 2022 12:13 PM

Poll: » Rizelmine Episode 1 Discussion

removed-user - Jul 29, 2010

5 by removed-user »»
Dec 20, 2020 11:07 AM

Poll: » Rizelmine Episode 22 Discussion

Ryushi - Apr 20, 2008

1 by ReaperCreeper »»
Jul 22, 2020 11:58 PM

Poll: » Rizelmine Episode 14 Discussion

Ryushi - Apr 20, 2008

3 by nidoqueen106 »»
Jul 5, 2019 9:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.