Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gintama' Episode 25 Discussion

Jan 30, 2012 10:56 PM

aelove said:
you think they know that westerners havent worn striped prison outfits in like..decades? ugh and maybe its just me but im really not looking forward to sket dance. ._.
But the japanese are diferent too

Feb 19, 2012 7:57 PM
Spoony Bard

It was alright, not a big fan of this arc though. And.. uh. I kinda fell asleep, I'm pretty dead today so I must not have felt as heart-warmed as others. Lawlz.

Apr 13, 2013 11:22 AM

Every time i see a just a way toy in Gintama I can't help but laugh. That was a pretty good episode it almost made my cry. Pudding over the walls huh....

Aug 1, 2013 3:24 AM

Lesson of the episode: Do not mess with Pajaman.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.

Sep 8, 2013 1:10 PM

Very nice turn in events with this episode and well the ending was very lovely! A good short arc so lets see what's next!

Sitenote: You really don't want to fuck with Gin-san!

Mar 26, 2014 10:10 PM
That was a sweet ending.

Dec 5, 2014 10:50 PM

that was a moving ending. Love those moments, no matter how cheesy they can get.

Animefanx3 said:
Only thing that bothered me was the fact that Shinpachi and Kagura did absolutely nothing, shouldn't they've tried to break in or kidnapp Gintoki? They're pretty close to him now, right? I mean it kinda felt like they put more effort in helping him when he lost his memories (from the scooter incident and he got amnesia) than when he gets thrown in prison like 3/4 seasons later
there's no point replying to this three years later but anyway:
gin-chan probably told them to sit tight and wait for him to solve the problem himself because he knew something was fishy about the warden and his letters.

Dec 20, 2014 4:00 PM

Itachi-kun, it is time for revenge

I didn't expect the warden to be nice on the inside, I always thought he was going to be like Ishihara from Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

Feb 22, 2015 1:43 PM

Yeah, I somehow expected something like that, but I didn't expected the old man son to be dead :/

The guardian had a good soul in the end. He was a very flawed person, but he just cared for his prisonniers, all of them I believe, even if he's harsh.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Mar 4, 2015 1:51 PM

The feels
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

Apr 21, 2015 2:12 AM

Pretty decent arc, but now way near the Katsura in Jail episode. That one was hilarious.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."

May 8, 2015 5:08 PM

That little act of kindness will not justify all of the terrible stuff that the warden did but that just goes to show that even the most terrible people have kindness inside them. The warden knows he owe that old dude and he just wanted to pay him in the best way he can.

You know what this mini-arc's plot, the drama and all that, they're all mediocre... if it's not gintama. No matter what it is, action, comedy or drama Gintama's so damn good at it. That OST at the end always gets me. When it starts playing I know I'm gonna tear up.

Oct 6, 2015 3:39 PM

Gintoki looks really good in that eastern prisoner outfit doe. Overall this was a nice little arc with a very satisfying conclusion, that pudding at the end was a nice touch :P

Nov 13, 2015 10:11 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Pretty sad episode. Poor warden :'(

5/5

Jan 7, 2016 4:39 AM

It was a beautiful ending. The meeting was very moving, Gintama is the best anime to create feels on each new character :)

Feb 21, 2016 7:58 AM

Man, I came to Gintama coz I was feeling a bit down...
Guess I'll just sleep :'(

Jun 14, 2016 5:11 PM

I don't really expected that ending, so much feels.

Gintoki best kid in a pajama, that scene was hilarious.
Also when he beat up all the prisoners total badass. :D

Next episode with Sket Dance? That will be interesting. Looking forward to this.

Aug 17, 2016 5:32 AM

Tournament of stress lol xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Aug 31, 2016 3:09 AM

aaand of course the bad guy turns out to be a good guy after all. Same typical shit in every fuckin arc.

Aug 31, 2016 9:37 AM
Don't think so. Benizakura, Nizou, the blind assasin, was evil. The shinsengumi arc villain misguided, Housen was genuinely evil (although slightly redeemed at the end, that doesn't excuse what he did to Yoshiwara).

Most of Gintamas villains aren't 'good guys'.

Feb 20, 2017 4:39 AM

So what's the crime the old man did to be in the prison?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 4, 2017 11:27 PM
Taking on that many prisoners with bare hands... Gintoki can probably match the Yato in a fight. This episode really hit me in the feels towards the end. Sorachi's writing is unmatched.

Apr 10, 2018 8:27 PM
Gintoki owned those prisoners! Welcome to my Disciplinary Room! Badass. The ending somehow caught me by surprise - I didn’t expect the warden to be such a nice guy. Loved the whole storyline arc.

Jan 12, 6:19 PM
Ohh, this arc was interesting! I hated the warden at first but he seemed like such a nice guy...

Feb 24, 1:06 AM

Everybody loves pajamas.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Feb 24, 1:06 AM

Everybody loves pajamas.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Mar 27, 11:31 AM

First they make you feel like the warden was only playing with the old man's feeling yet after a few seconds you realize how wrong you were, I shed MANLY TEARS.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]