Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2011 11:29 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So this is the departing chapter, Hm I forgot what comes after this.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 17, 2015 9:37 AM
Feb 2015
Wow! Jackie Chun was smart to do a kick.
Them longer legs helped hit Goku harder than Goku could hit Jackie Chun.
Dec 25, 2016 6:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Jackie Chun win the Tournament!!! Goku Almost got it!!!!
Dec 27, 2018 11:18 PM

Sep 2011
Goku almost won. Roshi was smart to think about Goku short legs.
Jan 10, 2020 11:12 PM

Aug 2012
Granted there really isn't competition but Roshi vs. Goku here was definitely the best fight so far. Length helped, as it was one of only a handful that lasted over one chapter, and the only one that lasted several chapters. I think another strength was how Roshi was framed as the protagonist here. We constantly got his insight in the match, with how to defeat Goku and the such and how prior to the match we got his motivations revealed. Helped make the fight more dramatic (although I also appreciate that it kept it light with the gags), and even builds Goku's potential and current power up even more.

I also loved how equal it was, Roshi mostly had experience on his side, and Goku's long since established ability to mimic abilities came in handy, with the triple shadow attack. And when he couldn't match the drunk ability, I like how he did the same style of technique, just with something he has more familiarity with, wildlife animals. The ape thing did seem a bit of a cheap way to get Goku out of Roshi's attack, but it also allowed both of them to get drained. I do enjoy seeing Krillin help Goku out with the clothes, and I enjoyed Bulma figuring out how to snap Goku out of the hypnosis, nice to see their relationship came back into play there. And if they're going to bring Bulma back, it's better that she plays some role into the story, rather than just being there for the sake of things.

The finish taking use of their height was also clever, and even then I like how evenly portrayed they were. With neither getting up, and with Goku almost winning before fainting. I also like the rule that they have to do it with a smile, because that's just silly. All in all, I wonder how long it'll take for Dragon Ball to top this fight.
Apr 25, 2021 12:06 PM

Nov 2019
That was pretty close! But I’m glad Muten won, Goku is still young and has a lot of time to shine!
Sep 15, 2021 1:01 AM
Sep 2020
Wow ,that was so anit climactic ,I really didn't expect Goku to win ,but neither did I expect such a wierd way to lose for him😂😂
Sep 19, 2021 10:30 AM

Dec 2007
that was honourable end for great fight,

"and SMILE!" lol
Mar 22, 2022 8:21 AM

Nov 2010
Great final fight for the tournament.

Overall, this tournament has some great ones. It's the first time in the series where the fighting takes center stage, but pretty much all of them are still very gag-heavy. There's lots of fun and interesting abilities.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 501 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 28, 2011

3 by RodxD »»
Apr 21, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 500 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 28, 2011

4 by RodxD »»
Apr 21, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 491 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 28, 2011

3 by RodxD »»
Apr 20, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 50 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 18, 2011

8 by jakique »»
Apr 17, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 420 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 26, 2011

6 by User-Name »»
Apr 11, 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.