Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2011 10:52 AM

Jun 2010
Really uncomfortable episode... That's all I have to say.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Sep 19, 2011 11:53 AM

Aug 2011
Filler No Exorcist is just... UGHHHH
Sep 19, 2011 12:15 PM

Aug 2010
FlynnxGuy said:
Filler No Exorcist is just... UGHHHH

Not really sure if i would classify this as "filler"

Maybe it wasn't in the manga, i wouldnt know. I dont read manga for this very reason.

In my experience, when you read something, then go watch its movie or anime adaption, your constantly comparing the adaptation to the original.

For example, I used to read the Harry Potter books, then watch the movies. I couldn't enjoy the movie for the simple fact that the whole time I was comparing the movie to the book "Nope, that didn't happen.." "Wheres the scene where?!?.." Sure the movie/anime is based on the book/manga, but its not supposed to be exact. Judge them both on their own merit.

I'm thinking what happened to Blue Exorcist, is it caught up with the manga, then instead of just making filler episodes where nothing happened, they decided to take their own route with the story (Fullmetal Alchemist anyone)

So sure, this isn't cannon, but I think you may be dissing Blue Exorcist for the simple fact that its strayed from the path of the manga, and coming from someone who hasn't read the manga, I think if you judge blue exorcist on its own merits, i think you'd find that its actually really good!

Thats just my two cents. Not trying to hate or anything, just giving my personal opinon, feel free to respond, disagree, anything. just throwin that all out there :]
Sep 19, 2011 12:18 PM

Feb 2011
half harry protter films were filler too xD (the new dumbledore sucked)

the problem about AnE anime now is plot inconsistency, be it filler matters little compared to that
someone already mentioned this: satan can't possess anything because it gets destroyed by its excessive mass power, but wild wolfs are indestructible it seems :3

if stricky plot gets ignored and one focus only on graphical awesomeness it's still good :3
ZeandoSep 19, 2011 1:03 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 19, 2011 12:43 PM

Apr 2011
Ok episode...But Satan is somehow good?WTF???
And their grandfather wanted to kill his daughter?Again WTF???
I understand that she was possesed by Satan but that wasn't a solution to the problem...
Even though the anime started well and it was interesting, after they stop following the manga I think that is not as interesting as before...
But anyway I will keep wathing because I want to see the battle Rin vs Yukio(I suppose they will fight) and I want to know how they will end it...
Sep 19, 2011 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
wait people are still bitching about it not following the manga

GET HE HELL OVER IT, this path is a hell of alot more interesting anyway, this kyoto arc everyone been building up has been some out of character developments , some forgetable new characters and pretty much nothing else, here we got yukio vs rin with the vatican exposed about corruption, this is a hell off alot better

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 19, 2011 12:52 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
THIS anime seriously will need sequel!
Sep 19, 2011 1:14 PM

Feb 2010
vaikepois said:
THIS anime seriously will need sequel!

more likely a reboot like FM last couple of ep are really bad....
Sep 19, 2011 1:39 PM
Jan 2011
oh boy
Sep 19, 2011 1:46 PM

Feb 2009
what seemed to be an ok epd became very confusing for the most part.
Sep 19, 2011 2:23 PM

Feb 2009
I could handle the fillers initially, but this is just ridiculous. If you're going to make something up, at least make it INTERESTING.

Anyways, I felt that several of the characters in this episode were OOC, and who else thought it was incredibly abrupt when Fujimoto just decided to raise the twins? I feel like they really should have lengthened that scene a bit more since they bothered to put it in there. :P

I have to say, I love the manga, but the only reason I'm still watching the anime series is for the FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC soundtrack. *waits for second OST to be released*
Sep 19, 2011 2:26 PM

Jul 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

GET HE HELL OVER IT, this path is a hell of alot more interesting anyway, this kyoto arc everyone been building up has been some out of character developments , some forgetable new characters and pretty much nothing else, here we got yukio vs rin with the vatican exposed about corruption, this is a hell off alot better

At least the Kyoto arc had more development and didn't make the characters go all batshit insane. Most of those that are reading the manga aren't pissed because they're are taking the anime into another direction, but that they're taking it into a bad direction. That's at least what I think
Sep 19, 2011 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
I can never look at Yukio the same way as I did before.... -_____-
Sep 19, 2011 2:55 PM

Jan 2011
Kittyman said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
This thread I tell ya....all I see, yet the poll ONCE again shows the real deal

Why the picture of a crying baby? Its seems pretty random... unless... you're trying to show how sad you are with the thread! Yeah that must be it : P

Discussion thread dude, both the good and bad should be discussed. Shouldn't take cracks at those who didn't like the episode.

Its not taking cracks at folks who didn't like it. If you don't like it, explain why with reasonable, detailed posts. But when you start seeing crap like this:

" it failed when it decided not to follow the manga."

Then its time to start handing out the GTFO papers. People are here clearly bitching about it NOT following the manga, NOT just because it was bad in their POV.

Other than pacing issues every now and then, there is pretty much nothing wrong with this show. The ones who are upset are mad mostly because it isn't in the Manga. And for that, its no longer valid disagreements, its just bitching. What its funny is that these people aren't even EXPLAINING what displeased them, saying one liners like "What the fuck did I watch" is a completely ignorant and thoughtless post, and just spam.

If you don't like it, stop watching....its THAT simple.
Tenchi_RyuSep 19, 2011 2:59 PM
Sep 19, 2011 3:02 PM

Jul 2008
Yuri is like the most dumb exorcist ever.

and so much for the Phantom of the Vatican.
Sep 19, 2011 3:12 PM

Aug 2011
Who also realized that Takara (puppet guy) was talking? o__o
Sep 19, 2011 3:15 PM

Sep 2011
Harii said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

At least the Kyoto arc had more development and didn't make the characters go all batshit insane. Most of those that are reading the manga aren't pissed because they're are taking the anime into another direction, but that they're taking it into a bad direction. That's at least what I think
no whatt he kyoto arc did wa smake eveyr single character act out of character and all seem completly unlikable and selfish, add this with boring aciton fights and no real plot movements, face it you only hate this cause its not the same as the manga

why else woudl you guys build up such a mediocere arc as if it were the best ever, honestly acting like this arc was good is like saying that the tomoya arc in clannad or the filler arc in bleach were the best ever, their not, their just meh,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 19, 2011 3:19 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was OK. But it is still a horrible FAIL because of not following the manga.
Sep 19, 2011 3:43 PM

Jul 2007
I dont mind where the show is going, humanity brought there own demise.
Sep 19, 2011 3:54 PM

Jul 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
no whatt he kyoto arc did wa smake eveyr single character act out of character and all seem completly unlikable and selfish, add this with boring aciton fights and no real plot movements, face it you only hate this cause its not the same as the manga

why else woudl you guys build up such a mediocere arc as if it were the best ever, honestly acting like this arc was good is like saying that the tomoya arc in clannad or the filler arc in bleach were the best ever, their not, their just meh,

I started to read the manga after I saw that the anime started to change drastically - around episode 18 - and when I heard that the manga took another turn.
I usually don't mind when animes do their own ending, but I just don't think the anime is heading into a good direction. Everything's just a mess and rushed
Sep 19, 2011 4:14 PM

Jan 2011
Hell, not only do the japanese also love it, they even consider it better than the Manga...warning this site IS NSFW BTW

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/09/19/top-15-anime-which-exceeded-the-original/
Sep 19, 2011 4:34 PM

Sep 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Its not taking cracks at folks who didn't like it. If you don't like it, explain why with reasonable, detailed posts. But when you start seeing crap like this:

" it failed when it decided not to follow the manga."

Then its time to start handing out the GTFO papers. People are here clearly bitching about it NOT following the manga, NOT just because it was bad in their POV.

Point taken, I suppose. Haven't read the manga, but alot of these comments make me really want to go see what I'm missing. ; )

If I was a huge fan of the series and a non-manga reader, I could find myself getting pissed at all of the manga comparison comments. But as the casual fan I am, I pretty much enjoy any type of discussion, outside of personal attacks. Your rage is justified : )
Sep 19, 2011 7:40 PM

Apr 2010
even i can not agree with the pethitic path about demon being good,but the story and the action reminds me of FMA and really this anime can attract me easily and for this anime manga , i dont wont to read caus i loved the anime sounds and drama .hope for great last 2 ep^^
Sep 19, 2011 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
Never saw the manga, but not a fan of the "Satan was just lonely".
Just seems weird.
Sep 19, 2011 9:09 PM

Jan 2011
WHY do you guys keep saying this? I can't see how you got that watching the final few minutes

From what I saw and got from this:

Satan has manipulated characters in this series and taunted them, we've seen it in episode 1.

Satan lets us know HE'S the one showing the vision, that's a automatic suspicious look he gets from me.

And....here's the killer btw....AFTER he TAKES OVER yukio's body, he finally laughs HISTERICALLY evil on how he FINALLY got a body to use, and has a "The WORLD IS MINE" vibe pouring out of him right now....

Everything I've seen from the last 5 mins heavily suggest Satan is a dirty lying bastard to get what he wanted, and now that he did, shit is fucked. Yes maybe he did care for their mother, but I still feel he had dirty intentions from the start, and their mother was just the perfect sap to fall for the "nice" routine.
Tenchi_RyuSep 19, 2011 9:16 PM
Sep 19, 2011 10:28 PM

Feb 2010
Satan as good guy xDD lol
This is kinda disappointing x_x
Sep 19, 2011 11:04 PM

Dec 2009
FINALLY - Yukio pointed a gun at that 'grandfather'. Thank gawd. But, Rin ---- Rin ---- Rin!! I couldn't stand to see him spewing blood and screaming like that. It - hurt. A LOT. ****ing 'grandfather'. Ugh.

Anyways, AT LAST - Demon!Yukio. Loved that so much like you wouldn't believe. Hahahaha. And, loved Yukio sacrificing the rest of the blood needed and had let Rin stop being tortured like that. But - wait?? What's up with Satan - he's so much more intimidating in the first episode and the Manga. Oh well. And, hahahahahahaha - "The Messaiah" didn't work. Take that 'grandfather' - never liked him from the beginning, anyways. But, Yuri - is truly Rin&Yukio's mother. It's reeeeeeeeeally out there for Satan to have fallen in love with her, but, I guess it did happen and now there's no going back. Even though it's a far cry from the Manga, I'm okay with it I guess. It's been a good run, however, I wouldn't say it's not fun anymore whatsoever.

Annnnnnnnnnyways, good episode. But, ONLY TWO EPISODES LEFT -cries-
Sep 19, 2011 11:22 PM

Dec 2010
I kept cringing when Rin was coughing up blood. T-T

I think that the episode was interesting how we got see their pasts and got to see what their mother actually looked like.
What i got a bit disappointing was how .... Satan was more nice??! and especially when he was talking with Yuri. that was just unexpected and out of character. and how in the end it sounded like Satan did love Yuri tiring to save her.

With everyone saying that it was a bad idea that it isnt following the manga, makes me wanna read it now because i enjoy this anime.
Sep 20, 2011 1:06 AM
Mar 2009
Seriously? What the fuck?

It's cool and all that they're going into an anime original ending but the Yui back story was pretty wtf. Satan nice and innocent? Are you fucking kidding me? The freaking Lord of Hell doesn't know what life is? Yeah, okay...

Hopefully the Rin vs. Yukio fight makes up for this...whatever it is now.
Sep 20, 2011 2:01 AM

May 2010
Takara's voice... oh it was lovely. Anyone know who is voicing him?

Anyway, it seemed pretty clear to me that Satan had manipulated Yuri, but maybe not, reading this thread.

As someone who hasn't read the manga yet, I think the series is fine. It's a bit strange sometimes, but honestly they don't seem that ooc or anything to me.
Sep 20, 2011 2:39 AM

Feb 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
If you don't like it, stop watching....its THAT simple.
but before leaving a vote has to be posted

anyway, translation:
"it failed for not following the manga" =
"if it had followed the manga it'll have avoided failing, but only because it failed on its own"

at least i see it like this :/
anyway if you don't like all these posts here, you can leave :3

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 20, 2011 3:00 AM

Aug 2010
I dont know about you guys but im actually liking how the anime is unfolding. If we followed the manga we'd have a crap loud of episodes about how Rin cant use his flames. I loved this episode simply because i enjoy the fact that someone has come from outside of their small box and approached the idea of Satan from a different perspective. If it was just mindless bloodshed and the cliche "I will defeat you cause im the good guy" the anime would end up being overly generic by the end. Just my opinion though.
Sep 20, 2011 4:48 AM
Jun 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Everything I've seen from the last 5 mins heavily suggest Satan is a dirty lying bastard to get what he wanted, and now that he did, shit is fucked. Yes maybe he did care for their mother, but I still feel he had dirty intentions from the start, and their mother was just the perfect sap to fall for the "nice" routine.

Exactly my thought after rewatching and mulling over this episode. Note that even Yukio didn't exactly buy "Daddy's" story, though he was devastated hearing Egin's confession. Poor kid makes you wonder if the Okumuras are blessed with infinite bad luck....

On the part of the anime deviating from the manga, I was honestly pissed that they had literally sealed off that potential second season. Current plot was... not bad, while the pacing is messy. Let's not mention the Forest Training conclusion, though.
Sep 20, 2011 5:15 AM

May 2010
I guess i will stick with it although i clearly don't like the sudden change in plot but....
Sep 20, 2011 5:46 AM
Jun 2009
ahmed_great2005 said:
I guess i will stick with it although i clearly don't like the sudden change in plot but....

Dood, it's only two episodes left. Why not go the whole way?
Sep 20, 2011 7:06 AM

Aug 2011
I start to think that Satan is kinda cool. haha -___-
Sep 20, 2011 8:32 AM

May 2010
That felt so rushed IMO.

Satan's flashback seems weird to me. lulz
Sep 20, 2011 10:40 AM

Aug 2011
I also thought what the fuck?! when they came up with Satan is just lonely but to me it seems more that Satan is an asshole who manipulates a woman and then his own child.
One of my expectations was fulfilled, Yukio being possessed. Now two other things are missing: Seeing Gehenna and Mephisto's true power. If the Anime has both in it I would like it even though it different from the Manga =)
Sep 20, 2011 1:11 PM

Nov 2008
Paiguy said:
Did they seriously just try to paint Satan in a sympathetic light?

lol
This.
Sep 20, 2011 3:49 PM

Sep 2010
Hm, Satan's flashback was so ridiculous. So Satan isn't totally evil anymore? He have a good side? I was curious about how Rin and Yukio were born, but I'm confused now and I expected something better than the sense of Satan being friendly with Yuri and she crying for him after. LOL Anyway, his flashback is ridiculous and could be better, because honestly, Satan suddenly shows his good side?

Satan possessing Yukio was... Flawless. I didn't expect it before, but now I think it's nice, I can imagine a fight between the twins and of course Rin will say something trying to make Yukio come back. ;_; I don't know why, but I read the manga and I prefer the anime yet.
Sep 20, 2011 4:03 PM
Apr 2011
Lightyear8684 said:
It was already clear like 10 episodes back that end is going to be Rin vs Yukio, as expected it got too predictable...What a shame.

Yes I hate predictable stuff like that.
If they want to make it better,Then SATAN should kill all humans and make Rin his right hand on earth. haha
Sep 20, 2011 4:14 PM

Mar 2009
I didnt know that Satan was such an emo :|
Sep 20, 2011 5:58 PM

Aug 2011
I quite liked this episode, it keeps things interesting. I'd like to see precisely what Mephisto had devised for Rin and Yukio when he found out that he had won the bet, I imagine that will be revealed as the final twist of the finale.

There's a lot of hate here because Satan appears somewhat sympathetic. This isn't anything new ~ Paradise Lost created the same controversy 350 years ago*. I'm not sure if people's personal religious views are effecting their enjoyment of the anime, but it may help to view this characterisation of Satan and the biblical Satan as two distinctly separate entities.

In my opinion the anime’s characterisation of Satan hasn’t contradicted itself, and as such Satan isn’t doing any back pedalling in terms of his motivations – the audience simply didn’t know them before. In fact, I quite liked the way that they expanded on the Night of the Blue Flame (or whatever it’s called) by giving it a reason for occurring. So long as the anime doesn’t pull anything like Defence Devil did in the final few chapters I think this will turn out well. My guess is that Satan is going to go on a massive killing spree to claim revenge on for Yuri’s death, Rin will end up having a fight of epic proportions with Yukio/Satan and then Mephisto will play his ace card whatever that may be.

*If you’re curious, try reading Percy Bysshe Shelley’s ‘Defence of Poetry, paragraph 27’, it contains a particularly good exploration of Milton’s Satan.
Sep 20, 2011 7:37 PM

Jun 2011
Huh. Am I the only one that thinks Yukio makes a pretty badass vessel of Satan?

No? Just me? Okay...
Sep 20, 2011 9:02 PM

Mar 2010
AMAZING.
FUCKING.
EPISODE!!!!!!!D8
Omg, so fucking good I was on the edge of my seat the entire time!! This reminded me of the first episode, the episode that made me decide to watch this series in the first place!!;w;//

I seriously don't give a shit about all you cry babies whining that your precious manga isn't becoming a reality; big fucking whoop, stop complaining and enjoy the damn anime or piss off and watch something else.
I think this series is rather incredible~♥

Sep 20, 2011 9:07 PM

Sep 2009
Paiguy said:
Did they seriously just try to paint Satan in a sympathetic light?

lol

Yes they did. It's pretty humorous as they try to paint him in a positive light and then follow it up with the apocalypse starting.
Sep 20, 2011 10:04 PM

Apr 2010
Satan. He's just a lonely carebear... of fire.
Sep 21, 2011 2:33 AM

Jun 2009
CRAP!!

2/10 from me for this crappy series!
better stick with the manga, you god damn anime maker!
Sep 21, 2011 4:38 AM

Aug 2008
lolwut now they're saying Satan isn't as evil as they make him out to be.
The good thing about this episode is that we get a flashback about Mephisto and Fujimoto and how they met the twins.
Sep 21, 2011 5:07 AM
Aug 2009
Great episode, and Rin was cute while laughing as baby
Only Satan is annoying... And Yukio turned into a demon..
Can't wait for next week
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.