Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2011 4:14 PM

Jul 2010
Fuuuuck I can't wait for the next episode, seeing Luffy train and then FINALLY the time skip, I can't even imagine how bad-ass Luffy will be! :D
Sep 19, 2011 9:16 PM

Jul 2010
SerenityB3128 said:
Anyone else think its weird that the guys who are with Brook have two bends in their arms??

Nope. Brook is weird for only having one joint in his arm. :S

I forgot what Usopp looked like until they played that flashback. :>

And Zoro is beasting as always. :D

Scytheboy813 said:
Who is FREAKIN EXCITED!?!?!?!? :-D

I'm pumped for the episodes to come!
Sep 19, 2011 9:27 PM

Nov 2007
ninkendo said:
oh and news on OP15

it'll be called We Go! and will be made by the same band that made the original We Are!
Wow, that's going to be brilliant. I'm so excited for the timeskip.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Sep 20, 2011 2:09 AM

Sep 2008
Whoaaa! I'm so excited and happy that I want to cry~!
And I want to hear We Go already...it's going to be EPIC!!
ONE PIECE!!
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Sep 21, 2011 12:55 PM

May 2010
Justgoaway said:
Watching One Piece always gets me in good mood :>

^
Sep 21, 2011 11:06 PM

Aug 2010
I've never been this excited for anime in my life.
Oct 1, 2011 11:37 AM
Sep 2011
17.6%(18.4%) 09/18 (Sun) 6:30pm-7:00pm Fuji TV Sazae-san
12.0%(11.9%) 09/18 (Sun) 6:00pm-6:30pm Fuji TV Chibi Maruko-chan
*9.9%(*9.0%) 09/17 (Sat) 6:00pm-6:30pm NTV Detective Conan
*8.7%(10.0%) 09/18 (Sun) 9:30am-10:00am Fuji TV One Piece
*8.0%(*7.6%) 09/18 (Sun) 9:00am-9:30am Fuji TV Toriko
*7.8%(*6.7%) 09/15 (Thu) 7:00pm-7:30pm TV Tokyo Pokemon: Best Wishes!
*5.0%(*6.5%) 09/18 (Sun) 8:30am-9:00am TV Asahi Suite Precure
*4.5%(*5.3%) 09/14 (Wed) 7:00pm-7:27pm TV Tokyo Inazuma Eleven GO
*4.4%(*4.4%) 09/12 (Mon) 7:00pm-7:30pm TV Tokyo Tamagotchi!
*4.1%(**.*%) 09/17 (Sat) 8:35am-9:00am ETV Curious George TV
Dec 26, 2011 8:03 PM

Feb 2009
Brook... BONE TO BE WILD! Awesome rock star :P

Usopp will become a macho'n!!

Robin will be meeting freaking DRAGON himself... And I couldn't help but tear up with her part... Her past is one of the most powerful things I've ever seen animated, and the mere sight of it breaks my human soul!

And Zoro, just bowed before Mihawk. That is one of the most amazing and unexpected things that has ever happened in One Piece. It's expected of Luffy to do stupid things no matter how great he is, but Zoro asked his sworn enemy to train him for the sake of his captain. This is character-development AT ITS HIGHEST LEVEL!
Feb 6, 2012 6:10 PM

Jan 2012
HOLY SHIT SO SO SO EXCITED

i already have a boner for training arcs, so this was just the best thing ever to me. especially zoro. i can't believe he's actually training under mihawk - wtf? i'm just so excited for everybody fshaofhiasf love you one piece <3
Sep 4, 2012 7:29 PM

Sep 2010
ah man Brook was so awesome, want to hear him rip off a face melting jam on that guitar.
Dec 14, 2012 3:58 PM

Mar 2010
2 Years is a long time, but I'm sure the other pirates would also get stronger within that span..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 1, 2013 11:32 PM

Jul 2013
Ahhhh! What an awesomely crazy episode! I can't believe that Mihawk is actually training Zoro! I was really really looking forward to seeing both Robin's and Zoro's flashbacks. Those moments are just so awesome, however many times I have watched them.
Also, so funny to see the old coby, he sure changed a lot in a few months.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 3, 2014 8:28 PM

Apr 2012
really exciting to see the crew training hard!!
robin's flashback got me all sad again damn
and i can't get enough of iva!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2014 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
I was smiling like an idiot during Zoro's part and I rewatched it after the episode fnished :3
It was so great! I can't recall Zoro smiling like that before! I love his relationship with Mihawk, this "you are my enemy but I think so highly of you" thing! I am so happy Mihawk is gonna be his tutor!!!!!!!! So great :D :D :D
Feb 9, 2014 10:50 PM
Jan 2014
Loved Brook's Steppenwolf pun, "Bone to be Wild."
Feb 19, 2014 8:48 PM

Aug 2013
40 DEGREES... BONE TO BE WILD!

Also, I knew about the timeskip and all, and just saying, the new opening in two episodes "We Go" is on par with "We Are" for me... possibly my favourite anime opening, they are both so awesome.
Jul 17, 2014 6:41 PM

Dec 2013
lol at that monkey mimicking Mihawk xD
Jul 21, 2014 5:28 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly, I wanted to hear more of Brook's new single, Bone to be WILD! LOL
Great episode, Zoro is just epic!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Oct 17, 2014 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
Bone to be Wild indeed.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 26, 2014 6:03 AM

Oct 2013
So that's what that tatoo means,pretty interesting.

Jun 24, 2015 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
damn it i wanted to listen bone to be wild single
Jul 30, 2016 1:14 AM

Mar 2015
Loving the look of the redone flashbacks, brings a nice sense of nostalgia.

So that's what 3D2Y means! Nice to know, hopefully they all get much much stronger with this time apart
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 25, 2017 10:29 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I freaked out when Brook took out his guitar that was so great can`t wait to see him after the timeskip *-*

Oct 9, 2017 6:28 AM

Feb 2013
They have 2 years to get stronger.
I didn't expect Zoro to ask Mihawk to teach him the skills he needs to surpass him.
Mar 14, 2018 1:54 PM

Apr 2012
That baboon Mihawk, haha.
Jun 10, 2019 10:10 AM

Jun 2016
I love these retrospective looks into all the nakama. It's a beautiful way to see what Luffy and the crew means to everyone and to see how much they've grown since the beginning of the series. So, a few characters have masters of sorts and a few have knowledge bases.
  • Zoro is going to learn from Mihawk.
  • Sanji has Ivan as a sensei of sorts.
  • Luffy from Rayleigh.
  • Robin from Dragon.
  • Usopp will learn new techniques and train his strength with Heracles'n sensei.
  • Nami will learn from her resident sky grandpa as a climate sensei.
  • Then we have Chopper and Franky who will learn from the huge databases around them.
  • And finally Brook who's going to materialize a guitar into existence and learn to rip mean guitar solos.
Our babies are going to get strong!!!

As always it was great to see Brook again, and I sincerely hope he has a bigger role when they meet up again! I absolutely find his inclusion in the beginning and closing of Thriller Bark to be amazing. It was so emotional and powerful and it was already near the end of Brook's own story. What he represents with Binks Sake spoke to me and I still sing it to lift my mood. Luffy found him interesting and not scary, and for the first time in 50 years let him spend time with a pirate crew and invited him aboard, then he helped him get his shadow back and fought for him which was the thing that was haunting him and stopping him from fulfilling his promise, and Luffy even brought the news that his last remaining nakama is still out there waiting. Luffy brought the miracle that Brook waited 50 years for!! And that's so perfect, it's clear why he feels so indebted and so happy to be friends with Luffy. He didn't get to see them fight the government for Robin but he was totally moved upon seeing Sanji and Zoro try and die for Luffy's and each others sake, he was, imo, seeing his old crew in them. <3

Robin's retrospective reminded me of how her character arc and flashback was reminiscent to Nami. It broke the formula of getting crew members and we got to see her introduced with mystery in Alabasta, she teamed up with Luffy for Skypiea but never totally fit in, and then in Water 7 she decided it was her time to run away again. Like Ace she was always told she didn't deserve to live, she had the guilt and weight of her people on her shoulders, and everywhere she went brought along destruction. She didn't believe she deserved to live or deserved to have friends, and that was super well explored in the three arcs it took to finally move her into true nakama territory! When Luffy declared, we will literally fight the world for you so realize you deserve and want to live and be a part of this crew! It's so great, she sees how strong Luffy is and loves that nutcase side of him and loves that she has a place where she belongs! Of course she would go meet Dragon to grow stronger under him for the Straw Hats sake. I mean, they all fought with their lives on the line for her with no hesitation!

Usopp was respected for his strength by the crew, they enabled him to fight and fought with him. They brought him aboard and gave him a chance to become a brave warrior. And through them he got so strong. Even when he fell off and got in a fight with the crew Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy especially all made him realize his worth and picked him back up, stronger than ever. Of course upon realizing the dangers of the sea he would train with his new friend to make sure Luffy will become the pirate king, in fact, he will become the real sniper king!! A line which made me tear up. Luffy fights with his all for those around him and inspires them to do the same, the sniper king and the strongest swordsman are obviously needed for the pirate kings crew. Aww. :)

I always adored Zoro's development, the way he naturally butts heads with Sanji until they slowly become true brothers, the way he bonded with Usopp with small nice gestures and comforting words until finally he forced Usopp to be the man he wants to be and apologize to Luffy. The way he learned to value the crew and Luffy over his own life and ambition, and now pride. It's been slow and hardly ever overt but it has forever been steady and powerful!!! Zoro, in moments of meeting him, saw just how beautiful Luffy is, both are nutcases which are willing to die for their ambitions and from the beginning they practically pledged as the original duo that they would fulfil their dreams. Now, Zoro even prioritizes the crew and Luffy over his own dream and pride and the fact that Zoro would swallow his pride like that was enough to make Mihawk laugh and agree. Maybe Mihawk does see his younger self in him.
Dec 4, 2020 5:08 PM

May 2016
Showing those scenes where they joined the Straw Hat Crew was a very daunting Try Not to Cry Challenge for me. It's amazing that all these scenes still get me to this day no matter how much I watch it.

2 years... So many things can happen within that timespan and I'm so damn excited to see how they'll turn out. I also have little to no idea about what will be in store for them in the New World and that makes me even more eager to find out!

Jun 1, 2021 11:16 AM

Jun 2019
Alright, boys... will meet you after 2 years. XD
Aug 15, 2021 8:33 AM

Aug 2021
I'm excited for the timeskip :>
Apr 11, 2022 9:56 PM

Dec 2012
This is probably the best setup to a timeskip. The 3D 2Y code that's hidden under so many layers of global skepticism is a promise to get stronger and meet again when they're ready to challenge the New World. One fine touch I particularly appreciated is how Luffy wears bandages all over his arms in order to accentuate the one exposed message (so that even Zoro won't get lost!).
Jun 28, 2022 1:21 AM

Jan 2021
2 years huh that’s a huge gap everyone’s definitely gonna get stronger in 2 years idk are they gonna do a 2 year time skip or are they going to show us a couple episodes that have a summary of the 2 years of their training
Jul 24, 2022 12:53 PM

Oct 2020
Ok, i'm hyped !
Can't wait for them to reunite !
Jan 18, 2023 10:59 AM
Jun 2020
WOW Guys I feel like there is something BIG coming!!
Mar 9, 2023 12:04 PM
Aug 2020
Zoro, as always, proving to be the goat.
Jun 24, 2023 6:07 AM
Oct 2019
2 Years of Training arc!!

Robin skin changed from brown into white.

One more episode before the Time Skip?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 392 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 8, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 391 Discussion

Kitschi - Mar 11, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
Today, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.