Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Koihime†Musou Episode 1 Discussion

Nov 6, 2008 1:23 PM

I finally decided to watch this anime. First episode was ok, it's a bit surprising to heard the names, when you're familiar with Ikkitousen ^^

Nothing really fantastic at the moment, but it's still worht watching.

Jun 5, 2010 11:16 PM
Having not been exposed to any of the Koihime Musou source material that they based the anime off of, I came in not knowing what to expect. And I got yet another anime based off of the same classic Chinese literature.

PROS: The generally light and warm art style and color choice will be welcomed by fans of similar series. The fight scene between Lin Lin/Rin Rin and Kan'u is choreographed surprisingly well and has me looking forward to seeing more fights. The weapon designs are very good, and the costume designs for the major characters that we have seen are not bad. Though something feels a little off about RinRin's voice acting, the voice acting in general is above average. The music fits the mood well, but is not too memorable. Though there is a bath scene and a few mildly perverted things here and there, it is far from being over-played. The animation quality is acceptable, though far from the best I've seen.

CONS: My major gripe here is the story. Granted that this is the introduction episode, the plot was extremely predictable. I am not interested in the plot at all. It is generic, bland, and underwhelming. The characters themselves seem to fit well into over-used character archetypes, especially RinRin. The fact that they gavethe two lead characters almost identical background stories makes it feel like the writers were just lazy. I sincerely hope that they delve deeper into the back story of each of them to hopefully make them unique from one another.

Rating: 5/10

Oct 28, 2010 10:27 AM

Ha, that little girl that wanted to pee on Unchou was too adorable. ><;

Aug 30, 2011 5:41 PM

RinRin <3

Apr 10, 2013 7:25 PM

Kinda reminds me about Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono, strong female characters with mains that wants to change the world for the good by gathering friends. That is what the first impression I get of ep 1 of Koihime.

Apr 14, 2014 5:57 AM

The start of a nice journey! Pretty interesting start I must say, some nice characters and slight fanservice already together with a good portion of action and slight backstory! Well let's see what this anime has to offer us!

Aug 29, 2015 10:16 AM

What a crybaby loli,bandits ftw.

Jan 28, 2016 6:15 PM
I liked this show, but I thought Rinrin was way more cool then the main character. The main character didn't really stand out much if you ask me and she to damn gullible and takes order to much.

Anyways i'll think i'll watch all 3 season and see how it goes. Think I've seen 2 out of the 3 once before, but can't really remember much.

Favorite Character: Rinrin

Technically didn't think Rinrin lost that battle and crying has nothing to do with wining or losing. Rinrin could have beaten her silly by the look of things. Loli fighting girl kicks ass and does it well too.

Watching the fight seemed a little lame and the fact Kan'u. One I felt Kan'u was a little to strong if she could have kept up with Rin rin/lin lin. I feel that Kan'u should have gotten hit in the stomach chest someplace as long as it wasn't the blade itself. She should have came out of that fight with some broken ribs or bones it would made the fight that much better. So I think they could have either made Rin rin stronger, Kanu weaker, or three make Rin rin have two strong points (raw power and skill). The fight was okay, but i seen better at least let them get cut up some or have broken ribs would have made the battle that much better.

I guess i just wanted to see the Kanu get beat up badly so that way she'd get stronger after. the fight was okay, but way to much guarding her attacks kanu is lame. Also i think Kanu pole should have shattered or broke in half sense Kanu said she has more raw power. The real stupid one here is Kanu who is actually going to beat up and fight little kids seriously. Rin rin should have won this hands down if you ask me then again I don't care to much for Kanu.
Modified by HellHounds, Jan 28, 2016 7:11 PM

Jan 29, 2016 9:27 PM

HellHounds said:
I liked this show, but I thought Rinrin was way more cool then the main character. The main character didn't really stand out much if you ask me and she to damn gullible and takes order to much.

Funny--you and I seem to be just about the only people watching this eight-year-old show in 2016.

I like Rin Rin, too.

HellHounds said:
Anyways i'll think i'll watch all 3 season and see how it goes. Think I've seen 2 out of the 3 once before, but can't really remember much.

Wait, there are 3 seasons? Now I'm having second thoughts about watching this....

Jan 30, 2016 12:34 PM
TheVulpix said:
HellHounds said:

Funny--you and I seem to be just about the only people watching this eight-year-old show in 2016.

I like Rin Rin, too.

HellHounds said:

Wait, there are 3 seasons? Now I'm having second thoughts about watching this....

Yeah there is 3 seasons... yeah although I wish Rinrin got stronger then all of them... I plan to do my own fan fiction of Rinrin as the main character still thinking of chapters at the moment. The title of it is The Solar Phoenix Grandmaster. I won't say to much about the story, but if i can do it right it will be awesome. Also it's the very first fan fiction with her which is why i'm doing it as I felt bad that there wasn't one yet haha...

Although I'm still curious I know it says she uses a spear, but what is the name of that weapon anyways. It seems to either be a chinese weapon or something. Think it's similar to Soul Calibur Seong Mi-Na so maybe it's a Naginata weapon then again I do not know. If anyone knows the weapon name that Rinrin uses that would help.

Jan 31, 2016 12:47 AM

HellHounds said:
Although I'm still curious I know it says she uses a spear, but what is the name of that weapon anyways. It seems to either be a chinese weapon or something. Think it's similar to Soul Calibur Seong Mi-Na so maybe it's a Naginata weapon then again I do not know. If anyone knows the weapon name that Rinrin uses that would help.

I tried to do some research, but I can't find anything definitive. I'd be curious to know what type of spear Rin Rin uses, too.

Nov 14, 2017 12:46 PM

GREAT EPISODE !!!

Jan 26, 2018 2:25 AM

that trap, first one was diversion & second was the real trap lol

so i guess its all female Harem considering OP & EP1 she will pick up awry girl warrior she meets on the road, in that case it should really have 20EP-26EP
MC/Unchou picking up girls to her team & i heard there is romance hints so add hints to it & it becomes harem

Modified by Sugram22, Jan 26, 2018 6:14 AM

Oct 9, 2018 6:46 AM

The kids are so cute.

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]