Forum Settings
Forums

[SPOILERS] Afterstory's "Saddest" Scene Reactions

New
How did you react to this particular scene?
Sep 13, 2011 7:26 PM
Aug 2011
Remember the scene with Tomoya and Ushio walking out in the snow while Ushio was gravely ill? How did you react to it?

Personally, the first time, I avoided taking it all in and just felt really depressed.

The second time I decided to take it all in and my tear glands started working, but I didn't cry.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 14, 2011 12:54 AM

Jul 2011
I find it strange that i didn't cry or even teared up for that particular scene however i did tear up on the scene where Ushio lost the robot in the sunflower field and how she was insist about finding it. Then I cried a bit when Tomoya was attempting to tell Ushio about Nagisa. I probably didn't cry because I knew it was coming which is possible. I was bawling about the end in Air and Makoto in Kanon.
Sep 14, 2011 11:26 AM

Oct 2008
had tears, but they won't come out. Guess its because i marathoned all the sad parts. (man, the depression you get from that! Couldn't think properly for a few days @_@)

Sep 22, 2011 5:50 AM

Sep 2011
Lemonysunshine said:
...however i did tear up on the scene where Ushio lost the robot in the sunflower field and how she was insist about finding it. Then I cried a bit when Tomoya was attempting to tell Ushio about Nagisa.

I cried on this scene, too. Especially when Ushio told Tomoya what Sanae-san told her: 'Sanae-san told me that the only places I could cry are in the bathroom...and in Daddy's arms.'

Just thinking about it never fails to make me all teary-eyed. T_T

Sep 22, 2011 8:30 PM
Aug 2011
I'm envious of you guys. I can't cry. :(
Sep 23, 2011 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
D'aaw. I don't think it's really something to be envious about. LOL.
I guess I just get moved easily? XD

Sep 23, 2011 11:15 PM
Aug 2011
I sorta get moved easily but still never cry.

Stupid fact: I Googled the saddest videos and watched them while playing appropriate music and didn't cry. I just felt really sick. :\
Oct 22, 2011 8:06 PM
Aug 2011
Lemonysunshine said:
I find it strange that i didn't cry or even teared up for that particular scene however i did tear up on the scene where Ushio lost the robot in the sunflower field and how she was insist about finding it. Then I cried a bit when Tomoya was attempting to tell Ushio about Nagisa. I probably didn't cry because I knew it was coming which is possible. I was bawling about the end in Air and Makoto in Kanon.

yeah the part where ushio lost her toy and explained why she had to find it made me cry like a baby
Oct 24, 2011 9:39 AM

Aug 2011
The Scene in the After Story that almost made my tear to fall was when Tomoya's Grand Mother told about everything his Father's story, somehow it is related in my current life. After watching Clannad, I was able to understand my father's purpose on why he's being strictly guiding me towards good life. :)

- Note: I haven't watched Air TV and Kanon 2006 yet. So I wasn't aware about Jun Maeda's story style goes. :)

Oct 24, 2011 3:52 PM
Aug 2011
huskyboykarl said:
- Note: I haven't watched Air TV and Kanon 2006 yet. So I wasn't aware about Jun Maeda's story style goes. :)
His style is to get you, the viewer, really attached to the characters and then tear your heart out but then replace it. :D
Oct 30, 2011 8:13 PM

Jul 2011
The scene with Ushio and Tomoya in the flower field always makes me cry so hard... When Ushio says to her dad "But that's the toy you chose for me Daddy". I can't stop crying. Then when I finally stop crying I get to the part where Tomoya starts telling Ushio about Nagisa.. I start crying again.... No matter how many times I see those scene I can't help but bawl hella hard... T.T *starts crying on the keyboard*
Nov 1, 2011 2:29 PM

Aug 2011
JN00b312 said:
The scene with Ushio and Tomoya in the flower field always makes me cry so hard... When Ushio says to her dad "But that's the toy you chose for me Daddy". I can't stop crying. Then when I finally stop crying I get to the part where Tomoya starts telling Ushio about Nagisa.. I start crying again.... No matter how many times I see those scene I can't help but bawl hella hard... T.T *starts crying on the keyboard*

I think thats exactly wt i did,
god clannad made me have emotional breakdowns, nt really crying tho
But i had tears in my eyes that just wouldn't go away
just thinking about the storyline makes me feel sad, but in a happy sorta way...
Nov 1, 2011 5:01 PM
Aug 2011
SFox- said:
just thinking about the storyline makes me feel sad, but in a happy sorta way...
It is sort of in the way that Clannad has such a melancholic, yet beautiful storyline?
Nov 6, 2011 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
I had a fair bit of tears at that moment running down my face but i thought earlier in the anime was alot worse with nagisa died and all of that just me break down and cry.
I was crying after nearly every episode and i dont really cry over anything but for some reason i couldnt hold it back why watching it.
It really was a beautiful story.
Apr 1, 2016 8:28 PM
Apr 2016
I personally think that the saddest scene is when Tomoya forgives his father and tell him to rest, and acknowledge all his struggle to raise him up in the best way. I wanted to see him telling to Naoyuki that he will visit him often now that they were in good terms.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Huge directory of Clannad wallpapers

Malus92 - Sep 24, 2012

3 by KingOfPneumos »»
Feb 12, 8:38 AM

» How many males except me has Clannad as nr1 anime? ( 1 2 )

martver - Sep 2, 2012

64 by desu_ruka »»
Feb 12, 2023 10:16 PM

» when it was released

Kradaxe - Dec 25, 2021

4 by Kradaxe »»
Feb 13, 2022 8:17 PM

» Clannad vs Kanon vs Air TV

Tutti_Love - Dec 22, 2007

17 by Endless_end »»
Dec 29, 2021 2:09 PM

Poll: » Favourite anime arc in Clannad ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Mar 22, 2008

113 by Endless_end »»
Dec 29, 2021 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.