Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2014 3:11 AM

Sep 2011
xRobinsong said:
Frenzyy said:
Still wish I could see who Daru had a badass kid with, owell.

You see her in the OVA! ^^

Except it's not her. I mean technically it's supposed to be her, but I don't like the look they gave her, they should have went with the one in the VN spinoff :/
Jul 7, 2014 12:27 PM

Dec 2012
Great adaptation of the VN, 9/10. Would have been 10/10 if they would have shown crazy Nae-chan.
Jul 8, 2014 9:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
dunsparcedude said:
Great adaptation of the VN, 9/10. Would have been 10/10 if they would have shown crazy Nae-chan.
only part I really missed in the anime :/
Jul 12, 2014 7:48 AM

May 2014
Best. Anime. Ever.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 13, 2014 7:46 AM
Jul 2014
Easily one of the best anime I've ever seen. When I started off watching it I was a bit confused about what was going on, but god damn it was worth sticking through. 11/10 anime. It's so sad that it has ended as I really want to see what happens to them later on in their lives.
Jul 13, 2014 7:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
leeboy262 said:
Easily one of the best anime I've ever seen. When I started off watching it I was a bit confused about what was going on, but god damn it was worth sticking through. 11/10 anime. It's so sad that it has ended as I really want to see what happens to them later on in their lives.
watch the OVA and then the movie then
Jul 13, 2014 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
HaXXspetten said:
leeboy262 said:

Though neither of them are actually canon :x The OVA though fits what actually could have happened. The movie, however, is really non-canon.
Jul 13, 2014 2:47 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
RazielZero said:
HaXXspetten said:

Though neither of them are actually canon :x The OVA though fits what actually could have happened. The movie, however, is really non-canon.
Well yeah but close enough :>
Jul 13, 2014 11:20 PM

Jan 2008
The movie what you guys are talking about does not exist. ; )

RazielZero, jár neked egy virtua brofist.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jul 14, 2014 2:23 AM

Sep 2011
HaXXspetten said:
Well yeah but close enough :>
True :)

Junchi said:
RazielZero, jár neked egy virtua brofist.
Köszi :P

Jul 19, 2014 11:16 PM

Sep 2013
the first half started off as nothing special, leaving me wondering where all the hype came from...

and it lived up to the expectations i had, however small it was.

amazing. cant wait to watch the OVAs now.
wow
Jul 20, 2014 3:53 PM

Dec 2009
Watched this over the weekend. I liked it, but I didn't get as emotionally attached as I'd hope to be which lowered the impact of the series a bit...

Still, it's a good one.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 21, 2014 12:37 AM

Sep 2013
I have nothing to say but flawless.

I'm honestly surprised to say I didn't cry, but if that is the choice of Stein's Gate...
Aug 2, 2014 1:08 AM
Jul 2014
Steins Gate is easily the best anime that I have seen to date and probably the best that I will see in my lifetime. Every single episode deserved 10/10.

I thought that the first half was an interesting way to develop the story since the consequences of affecting time through the use of dmails and timeleaps is interesting by itself. The development into repeating the same period of time repeatedly in attempts to save a dear friend transitioned aptly and at an apt time. The transition into the ultimatum that was ignored and suddenly remembered was also given an appropriately short but intense amount of air time. The use of comedy was limited and mostly successful and the use of music usually created the appropriate atmosphere.

The characters were also complex and likable. Pretty much all the characters (Okabe, Mayuri, Kurisu, Rukaku, Moe-girl, Suzuha) were complex, responded to stimuli, faced significant challenges, and made painful sacrifices.

However, even the best anime has issues. Daru's and Moeka's characters did not contribute much to the story and I'd argue that they even detracted from it. Daru's perversion was unnecessary and beyond one remark in the first episode, it was neither funny nor did it show aspects of other characters that helped viewers to understand them. Kurisu and Okabe are both presented as intelligent enough to take his role as programmer. Similarly, his otaku characteristic seemed only to make him more pathetic and distract from the plights of the other MCs. Moeka's excessive reliance on her cellphone in her first episode was enough to show that she is a pariah. Beyond that, this characteristic only slowed the show and created conversations more awkward than necessary. Personally, I would have preferred that another character with his/her own issues take the place of Daru and be given his/her own dmail. Moeka should have been replaced by someone who developed some comfort when speaking with members of the Future Gadget Laboratory and have whatever demeanor when speaking outside it. Another minor quibble I have is that the show had excessive contrast in outdoors scenes which detracted from the importance of the surroundings, yet the change of scenery after the town transformed was an important part of the story.

Okabe and Kurisu fulfilled similar roles and they complemented each other well. However, both of them were too flippant toward the end of the series when both of them realized that either Kurisu or Mayuri would have to die. They should have confronted their feelings earlier and they could have had a date or final day (like Rukako).

However, back to more positive things, the thing that this show did best was to present predictable events in a way that still shocked or surprised the viewer. The best two examples of which I can think are:
1) Mayuri's first death: With the prospect of SERN, we knew that Mayuri was less likely to be involved in the development of a time machine than the rest, and would likely be "removed" from the main plot. However instead of using some other scientific technology to remove her from the main group, she was killed.
2) Mayuri's death after Comima. We knew that she was going to die but I believe that the time was a little past 7 and past deaths had been much closer to 8. Therefore, while Okabe and Mayuri were walking home, I believed that they would spend more time reminiscing about their childhood and they would both be reach some satisfying end before she died. However, her death was imminent despite the fact that Okabe went out of his way to save her and even to sacrifice himself to prevent her death.

Overall, the apt use of diverse plot devices and sensory elements make this the best anime that I have ever seen.
Aug 5, 2014 10:46 PM

Apr 2010
El Psy Congroo.
BEST END EVERRR
Aug 6, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
The last 3 episodes were awesome. Bumped my score to 9 because of this.
Some episodes bored me, but overall I enjoyed the story and characters. I usually have a lot of complaints about time travel, but here it managed to leave me somewhat satisfied.
And Okarin is one of the most charismatic characters I've seen.
Poor Mayushi though, I hope she's not jealous.
alpirAug 6, 2014 1:08 PM
Aug 13, 2014 10:58 AM

Dec 2013
El Psy Congroo

10/10
Eh
Aug 14, 2014 12:13 AM

May 2012
alpir said:
The last 3 episodes were awesome. Bumped my score to 9 because of this.

Exactly the same. Unlike you, I was not bored by some of the episodes (though I did view those episodes as "less great") but the dip in the second half of the show did lower my initial score from a 10 to an 8. The ending brought it back up to a 9. I really liked it.
Aug 20, 2014 2:11 PM
Dec 2012
El Psy Congroo

10/10
Aug 21, 2014 5:22 AM

Jan 2014
I heard about this anime a quite long time ago, but when I decided to start watching, I knew that this will be something great and unique. While watching the first episodes, I felt that I don't understand it, but I gave it a chance anyway. Maybe the reason was Okarin's mad laughter.
To keep watching this was the best decision I have made in some time. I was amazed and excited about this time-travel concept. Also, I loved characters. They were each different and interesting. It was full of surprises, happiness and sadness, all mixed together.
After watching this anime, I thought, that you should always consider your actions, because when something is lost, it is very, very hard to get it back. But it also made me understand, that no matter who you are, you must keep going and never give up.
This was the first anime where I had to skip OP- not because it was bad (I actually like it very much)- but because I wanted to see what will happen next sooner.
Steins;Gate is really a great anime, which I don't regret watching. The story, characters, events, all mixed together makes this an enjoyable waste of time.
10/10 from me.
El Psy Congroo
Aug 23, 2014 7:21 PM

Jul 2014
Just finished re-watching it today. People seem to have mixed feelings about the ending. I think It was a huge letdown personally, but maybe it was necessary. It felt like it was a bit straight-forward, unlike the rest of the show, which was mind-bending and generally awesome. I'm not saying it's a bad ending, because it certainly isn't. I just would have liked more out of it, I guess. Still the best damn anime I have ever seen, though.

10/10
I don't really get this whole signature thing, but I feel like I need something down here to participate in the trends.
Aug 23, 2014 9:41 PM

Jul 2014
My favourite series of all time. 10/10 from me.
Aug 30, 2014 9:04 AM

May 2013
Tears were shed.
Great Show. Would watch again.
8/10
Sep 4, 2014 6:38 PM
Aug 2014
Fenix29 said:
My favourite series of all time. 10/10 from me.

Yes! This series stole my heart, I still haven't recovered and it's been weeks. Nothing like it, not even close. Such an amazing story and characters. 10/10 the very definition of Masterpiece.

El Sy Congroooo
Sep 5, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
So... after all that, WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT POOR WOMAN HACK SEDUCED???

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 6, 2014 3:29 AM

Aug 2014
What a great anime! I can't describe how much I was hoping for a happy end... I give it 10 upas out of 10 upas.
Sep 6, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2014
El Psy Congroo. Infinite time/10.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 8, 2014 6:42 PM

Aug 2014
One of the best anime ever, I like this anime so much because it is very complex and the story has twists and mysteries, such an amazing story and characters. Definitely one of my favorites!

El Psy Congroo!
Sep 11, 2014 2:20 PM
Aug 2014
After marathoning the series + ova + movie....im stunned!
It was such a good trip, like on a rollercoaster.
Really, I liked nearly everything about the show. The Charakters, especially Okabe and Kurisu, the Story, the slow beginning thats kinda slice of life like, the dramatic "rescue Mayuri and Kurisutina" arc that followed and of cooouuuurse Episode 22 and all the romantic troughout the series, because i always shipped Kurisu and Okabe. :)
The whole series was so damn emotional, just like i like it. For example, I remember the letter Suzuha send them, in which she wrote like 1000 times "I failed, i failed" and then killed herself. Dat feelings :´(

The music was neutral. Not bad at all. There are 2 themes that i really love ("Gate of Steiner" and "Believe me"), but overall they could have been used more often.

What I didnt like, was that the series had a few plotholes regarding all the time travel. Also stuff like the attractor field was not really explained at all, at least not enough. And what the hell was that with a microwave beeing a time machine? Also never really explained how that works.
The ending (talking about the movie here, but also counts for the series) was actually good, but it was too open for me. Would have liked to see Kurisutina moving to japan and starting a real relationship with Okabe. The way it is it feels a bit, as if they may not evolve their relationship, especially when you remeber, that at the beginning of the movie 1 year had passed, in which they didnt communicate with each other (for whatever reason that might be). But im positive, that they come together after the movie.^^

Now after I watched everything, I have this sad feeling you get when a real good anime is over. I dont want it to be over. Hope it goes away after a few days, but that just indicates how good it actually was. At the moment, i would like to rewatch the whole thing right again...hmm :P

This masterpiece gets a 9/10 from me.
Sep 18, 2014 11:17 PM

Aug 2014
If any one knows Doctor who, in the 6th season, which was approximately running in same same period as Steins;Gate,
*spoiler*
In the last ep. of the season, The Doctor save his life the same way Okabe saved Kurisu's, by faking his death...
coincidence,, i don't think so :p
Sep 19, 2014 12:20 AM

Jun 2014
That was disappointing.
My biggest problem are the characters.I haven't seen such a boring cast for quite a while.
Sep 19, 2014 9:58 AM
Mar 2010
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
So... after all that, WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT POOR WOMAN HACK SEDUCED???

you mean who daru marries?
yeah, oh well

the answer is given in the OVA 25 though...

this was one series that almost HAD to be watched at least twice IMO as subtle details that seem insignificant reveal themselves to be important later in the series.
Sep 21, 2014 5:58 PM

Jun 2013
Whata beautiful ending to one of the most amazing anime's i have ever seen!!!
XD
Sep 22, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2014
Already,as I mentioned in another thread,I rewatched it again to give another chance to impress me.

My opinion on the characters has improved,although not too much.
Okabe is great and I think that Moeka is interesting,but everyone else is kind of meh.
Ok,Kurisu and Suzuha are a bit better,but that's really it.

Having said that,the story itself is excellent.

My score before was 6-7,now it's more 8-9.
I watched the special episode (kind of pointless,but alright) ,but I still need to watch the movie.
I don't feel like watching the movie right now,but I will watch it within the next few weeks.
Sep 24, 2014 1:03 AM

Aug 2010
"This is the choice of Steins Gate!"

Well that was a heck of a ride. I don't know how to recover from this. The last three episodes is definitely something to remember. Everything about this show is a masterpiece. This show satisfied my disappointment with Chaos;Head.

The story is very well planned out but as in all time travel themed shows it has A LOT of plot holes so I just got along with it. The characters a very memorable even with such little screen time. Music is not a strong point of this show but it was good. What I like the most though is the technicality of how the show try to explain the concepts of time travel and all that comes along with it. Unlike Chaos;Head's ending, which turned out to be some "Mahou Shoujo" shit, this one is really deep faking your own death to save the one you love. It's kinda sad that everything that happened in three weeks plus all that time leaping must really take its toll on Okabe but what really pisses me off is that non of the characters remember what happened. Then he starts giving the lab members badge to everyone even if they don't remember why. I'm starting to have chest pains here with all those feels.

Overall even with the slow start with a little bit of patience as the story unfolds itself little by little then you'll realize that you're about to enter the Steins Gate. I can't wait to download the movie!!! MAL doesn't give a score higher than 10/10 so I'll just give it an infinity/time score.

El Psy Congroo.
Sep 24, 2014 4:12 PM
Mar 2010
Vongola_cloud said:
But what really pisses me off is that non of the characters remember what happened. Then he starts giving the lab members badge to everyone even if they don't remember why. I'm starting to have chest pains here with all those feels.

yeah the one that got me the most was when he handed Moeka her badge.

the movie actually explains a few more details about the memory thing but I believe they do have some vague recollection of what happened.
Vongola_cloud said:

Overall even with the slow start with a little bit of patience as the story unfolds itself little by little then you'll realize that you're about to enter the Steins Gate. I can't wait to download the movie!!! MAL doesn't give a score higher than 10/10 so I'll just give it an infinity/time score.

El Psy Congroo.

don't forget the special episode 25 as well, also after watching the special and the movie, try watching the series over again, paying attention to small details
Sep 28, 2014 5:26 AM

Jun 2014
El Psy Congroo
Oct 1, 2014 11:28 PM
Jul 2014
El Psy Congroo
Oct 4, 2014 10:48 PM
Aug 2014
One of the best shows that I have seen in a long time. I am watching the special ep (ep 25) and going to look into the Steins;Gate movie. 10/10.

My list. | Eggroll is the greatest ty :)
Oct 16, 2014 7:51 AM
Jun 2012
Regionals said:
One of the best shows that I have seen in a long time. I am watching the special ep (ep 25) and going to look into the Steins;Gate movie. 10/10.

You are clearly a person of refined taste. Nice avatar.

-Arvis
Oct 23, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2009
TuTuRooo~!!! I love the series. I should have watched this a long time ago.

9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2014 1:47 AM

Jun 2014
Brilliant show, absolutely brilliant.
Oct 26, 2014 6:16 PM

Oct 2014
AMAZING!!! It left me wondering if time travel really did exist. Had to research John Titor because of this.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Oct 31, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2012
Finished watching this and the "25th episode" last night. Wow I really loved it. My brother kept begging me to start watching it. Glad I finally got around to doing it. 10/10 from me. Looking forward to seeing the movie now.
Nov 15, 2014 12:02 AM

Sep 2014
Wow, what a ride. This anime was awesome..

Okabe could have easily been killed provoking Makise's dad to stab him. o_O

And who sent the threatening texts with the red jelly and severed doll head? Moeka or FB?

Gonna watch the OVA and movie!!
SaveTheAralSeaDec 2, 2014 1:37 AM
Nov 15, 2014 6:51 AM

Jul 2012
I did drop this anime before but in the end I decided to give it another chance, and I finished it today. Very good story and liked it :)

9/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Nov 21, 2014 3:34 PM
Apr 2010
Rewatched it. sigh so good! score went up from 9/10 to 10/10
Nov 26, 2014 8:35 AM
Aug 2014
A few months ago I decided to watch the anime and immediately dropped it after episode one due to overly dramatic MC. After watching several seinen genre anime, I got used to weird characters... I decided to pick it back up after seeing that 50% of the votes for Steins;Gate were 10s. It was fairly enjoyable overall. Even though it involved time travel, the timeline was easy to follow.

9/10
Nov 30, 2014 7:36 AM

Sep 2014
Man, that was just awesome. 10/10 without a doubt. Decided to watch it long a go but kept postponing it for no real reason, and I regret it, this show sure deserves to be rated so highly. Starts slow but gets better and better with every episode, last 3 episodes are just epic. Great history, awesome characters (especially Kurisu) and the romance is pretty cool too. Music is great too. Can't really find anything wrong with this anime.
ImaishiNov 30, 2014 7:48 AM
Dec 2, 2014 3:03 PM

Dec 2013
Finally it's over. It was amazing anime, but difficult to watch for me. It was so sad at times. However I was positively surprised and relieved at the ending. After the episode Mayuri died for the first time, I was sure this anime wouldn't have the happy ending. Fortunately it turned out otherwise and so this anime became one of my favorite.
Pages (37) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.