Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2011 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
just curious how many people here will be playing it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2011 9:48 PM

Apr 2011
Every BF fan that can get a hold of it. But it won't be out for a while I think. I'm just sticking to playing Gears of War 3. Since that is fun as crap to play with friends over Xlink Kai. What sucks tho is my xenon Jtag pooped on me. (RROD) How pissy and I was just about to finish the campaign too.....oh well going to pick up my Jasper tomorrow so :P.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 11, 2011 9:51 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah, I'll be playing it....... a lot. Can't wait to get my hands on it and see how well it runs on my pc. DICE has already stated the beta will appear this month but rumor has it will be around on the 25th(27th for open beta). I wish they would have the open beta a little earlier to give us more time before release.
Sep 11, 2011 10:11 PM

Sep 2011
Defiance said:
Yeah, I'll be playing it....... a lot. Can't wait to get my hands on it and see how well it runs on my pc. DICE has already stated the beta will appear this month but rumor has it will be around on the 25th(27th for open beta). I wish they would have the open beta a little earlier to give us more time before release.

it was the same thing for BFBC2. beta came out a month before release and had still had quite a bit of things that needed to be worked out.
Sep 11, 2011 10:26 PM

Feb 2008
I may, thought the alpha was poop though. All the Q spamming crap, and the crap map and limited to like 24 or 32 players can't remember witch but it was still kinda enjoyable somewhat. Plus it was a fucking rush map, and people don't play as a team very much on any map/server on BC2 anymore(Rarely in the alpha too). All this K/D ratio crap. Sure it's relative to the game type. But even then it's crap, cause people camp all the damn time afraid of the Q spam, not doing much
Sep 12, 2011 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
Sephor said:
I may, thought the alpha was poop though. All the Q spamming crap, and the crap map and limited to like 24 or 32 players can't remember witch but it was still kinda enjoyable somewhat. Plus it was a fucking rush map, and people don't play as a team very much on any map/server on BC2 anymore(Rarely in the alpha too). All this K/D ratio crap. Sure it's relative to the game type. But even then it's crap, cause people camp all the damn time afraid of the Q spam, not doing much

what exactly is the Q spam? and also BFBC2 has been filled with lone wolves since release.
Sep 12, 2011 5:10 PM

Feb 2005
The Alpha was definitely shit. The moment I figured it run like some gay browser based thing that keeps crashing, I dropped it like a burning turd.
So, the beta won't be like that, will it? Certainly hope not.
Sep 12, 2011 6:18 PM

Sep 2011
I'll be playing the beta for sure, and I'll be getting early access too (hopefully) because of my Medal of Honor. Didn't get to play the alpha myself, but yeah from what I've heard it was crap.
Now to wait almost half a month for that, and then basically another month for the full release...
Sep 12, 2011 7:06 PM

Jul 2008
Hvesier said:
Topic made me think the beta was out... well, they haven't even revealed all the gadgets yet. I hope the recon won't suck in the beta like it did in the alpha.
Did they even have hardcore mode or higher caliber rifles available for 1 hit kills in alpha?
Sep 12, 2011 7:29 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:

what exactly is the Q spam? and also BFBC2 has been filled with lone wolves since release.

Spamming the Q button tag enemy players so everyone can see where they're at. Supposedly they fixed it now.
But here's a vid, probably not needed since you've played BC2 but yeah.

Sep 12, 2011 9:00 PM

Jun 2009
Come to think of it, the BF3 beta was the reason I bought Medal of Honor...I should probably figure out how to redeem my beta code :P
Sep 12, 2011 9:50 PM

Sep 2011
Sephor said:
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:

Spamming the Q button tag enemy players so everyone can see where they're at. Supposedly they fixed it now.
But here's a vid, probably not needed since you've played BC2 but yeah.

i see. i never did mind the spotting in the game. in a room full of randies, thats the only form of teamwork you had left, if people actually used it. honestly im more intrested in seeing what gun the community is going to call overpowered and demand an instant nerf.
Sep 12, 2011 10:16 PM

Apr 2010
I'd love to, though my GPU isn't fast enough to handle it. I'm buying a new one this week. After that, I think I'd rather buy the full game when it's out. Can't wait either, still play BF2 even today. Gotta get ready to make the switch.

Sep 13, 2011 6:09 PM

Sep 2011
Jrittmayer said:
Come to think of it, the BF3 beta was the reason I bought Medal of Honor...I should probably figure out how to redeem my beta code :P

was medal of honor really that bad like most other people say it is? about every EA forum i go they say it's trash and that they only got it for the beta code.
Sep 13, 2011 6:25 PM

Feb 2005
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:
was medal of honor really that bad like most other people say it is? about every EA forum i go they say it's trash and that they only got it for the beta code.
Only played the beta, but from what I gathered there, it was pretty forgettable and seemed much like a less exciting copy of BFBC2. Wouldn't really call it terrible though, but maybe the full game was worse or something.
Sep 13, 2011 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:
Jrittmayer said:

From my experience owning the game, the multiplayer only held my attention for maybe a day or two. That's it. It might not have been terrible, but I wouldn't recommend it or anything at all. It felt to much like another CoD, and didn't really do a good job at it either. It had small maps, the HUD and other pop up messages looked like crap imo, and the class system was just weird from what I can remember.

BFBC2 was way more exciting for sure.
Sep 13, 2011 6:42 PM

Sep 2011
Baman said:
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:
Only played the beta, but from what I gathered there, it was pretty forgettable and seemed much like a less exciting copy of BFBC2. Wouldn't really call it terrible though, but maybe the full game was worse or something.

i remember being in party chats with freinds that played MoH back when there was a beta. all i heard was the constant spawnkilling that happened. is it true that they included a form of killstreaks in the game? considering the MP portion was made by DICE, im surprised they took this approach.
Sep 13, 2011 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
c0smic said:
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:
Jrittmayer said:

From my experience owning the game, the multiplayer only held my attention for maybe a day or two. That's it. It might not have been terrible, but I wouldn't recommend it or anything at all. It felt to much like another CoD, and didn't really do a good job at it either. It had small maps, the HUD and other pop up messages looked like crap imo, and the class system was just weird from what I can remember.

BFBC2 was way more exciting for sure.

what about the SP? or you only played the MP portion? heard it was a decent campaign but not enough that it will lift it from the amount of negative feedback it had.
Sep 13, 2011 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:

what about the SP? or you only played the MP portion? heard it was a decent campaign but not enough that it will lift it from the amount of negative feedback it had.

I did play through the SP, it was ok I suppose, but like you said, no where close to redeeming it from it's MP. It seemed kinda clunky if I can say that, the gameplay wasn't that smooth and I ran in to several glitches.
Sep 14, 2011 12:14 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:
Jrittmayer said:

Its not that its bad its just really really medicore. It's got absolutely NOTHING that makes it different/better from any other shooter. The super generic stories put me to sleep.

But yeah, if anyone finds out how to get in the beta please post here lol
Sep 14, 2011 2:28 PM

Sep 2011
Jrittmayer said:
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:
Jrittmayer said:

Its not that its bad its just really really medicore. It's got absolutely NOTHING that makes it different/better from any other shooter. The super generic stories put me to sleep.

do you have a beta code for consoles or PC?
Sep 14, 2011 3:55 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:

All I saw is that EA will "contact you" with the beta key, and that's for my Medal of Honor. So I don't know, I'd check email and stuff, I haven't gotten one yet...
Sep 14, 2011 9:09 PM

Sep 2011
c0smic said:
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:

All I saw is that EA will "contact you" with the beta key, and that's for my Medal of Honor. So I don't know, I'd check email and stuff, I haven't gotten one yet...

i think you get an E-mail from EA if your playing on PC. im thinking for consoles you just redeem your code when it launches.
Sep 14, 2011 9:33 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:
c0smic said:
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:

i think you get an E-mail from EA if your playing on PC. im thinking for consoles you just redeem your code when it launches.
I second that
Sep 15, 2011 4:04 PM

Sep 2011
Hvesier said:
Defiance said:
Hvesier said:
Topic made me think the beta was out... well, they haven't even revealed all the gadgets yet. I hope the recon won't suck in the beta like it did in the alpha.
Did they even have hardcore mode or higher caliber rifles available for 1 hit kills in alpha?

DICE is so averse to the idea of snipers getting OHKs that they removed one hit kills in close range for bolt actions apparently. Now it ALWAYS takes 2 body shots. Yet at the same time they increased the damage for almost all other weapons.

People whining about bush wookies are annoying.

it doesn't take 2 shots to kill someone with a sniper rifle. the OHK distance is really small. magnum increases this though but i never use that Spec. also they are always OHK in hardcore mode.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/
Sep 17, 2011 10:08 PM

Jul 2008
Hvesier said:
I'm talking about BF3. There's no magnum in BF3 also.
They better drop the health percentage in hardcore mode then, because it was hard enough killing people with that 60% bullshit in BC2, it should have been more around 40-45%.

EDIT:
http://www.battlefield3beta.com/

I saw this come up when I was looking for news on the beta but it looks very suspicious. I see no announcement from dice whatsoever and the site is not an extension of any DICE/EA site so I would be very caution when approaching things like this. It seems like a guy just trying to scam people for a couple bucks in ad revenue, but not all scams are that harmless.
Sep 18, 2011 1:06 AM

Sep 2011
Defiance said:
Hvesier said:
They better drop the health percentage in hardcore mode then, because it was hard enough killing people with that 60% bullshit in BC2, it should have been more around 40-45%.

EDIT:

I saw this come up when I was looking for news on the beta but it looks very suspicious. I see no announcement from dice whatsoever and the site is not an extension of any DICE/EA site so I would be very caution when approaching things like this. It seems like a guy just trying to scam people for a couple bucks in ad revenue, but not all scams are that harmless.

I've seen that site too, they ask for your email and stuff, just a phishing site most likely.
Sep 18, 2011 8:26 AM

Jul 2008
c0smic said:
Defiance said:
Hvesier said:

EDIT:

I've seen that site too, they ask for your email and stuff, just a phishing site most likely.
I didn't even get that far, the second I saw the survey request I knew it was bullshit lol.

The beta is apparently ready, those damn consoles are holding it back though. Dice is apparently in talks with Sony and Microsoft to get a simultaneous release.
Sep 18, 2011 11:50 AM

Sep 2011
Defiance said:
c0smic said:
Defiance said:
Hvesier said:

EDIT:

I didn't even get that far, the second I saw the survey request I knew it was bullshit lol.

The beta is apparently ready, those damn consoles are holding it back though. Dice is apparently in talks with Sony and Microsoft to get a simultaneous release.

don't see why they want to release them on all consoles at the same time, it's only a beta. also sony and microsoft are testing it to see if it will run, won't constantly crash etc... although im just wondering when the lag will start. all BF games released for console have been plagued with months of lag after release.
Sep 18, 2011 12:02 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah_Im_Amazing said:
Defiance said:
c0smic said:
Defiance said:
Hvesier said:

EDIT:

don't see why they want to release them on all consoles at the same time, it's only a beta. also sony and microsoft are testing it to see if it will run, won't constantly crash etc... although im just wondering when the lag will start. all BF games released for console have been plagued with months of lag after release.
I can only imagine what the lag in BF3 on consoles is going to be like. I played BC2 on the ps3 for a while and the rubber-banding issues were rampant a whole year after release.
Sep 18, 2011 12:21 PM

Sep 2011
Defiance said:
I can only imagine what the lag in BF3 on consoles is going to be like. I played BC2 on the ps3 for a while and the rubber-banding issues were rampant a whole year after release.

Yeah this is definitely a game I'll be getting for PC, plus there will be 64 person games as opposed to on 32 person games on consoles.
Sep 18, 2011 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
c0smic said:
Defiance said:

Yeah this is definitely a game I'll be getting for PC, plus there will be 64 person games as opposed to on 32 person games on consoles.

console player count is capped at 24. also once the servers start lagging, aren't all platforms affected? 64 players on laggy, rubber-banding server doesn't sound like much fun.
Sep 20, 2011 6:19 PM

Jul 2008
We finally got an official date now at least, early access is Sept. 27th and open beta is the 29th.
Sep 20, 2011 7:07 PM

Sep 2011
Defiance said:
We finally got an official date now at least, early access is Sept. 27th and open beta is the 29th.

looking forward to it. Gears of war 3 may take up most of my time until oct. 25th though.
Sep 20, 2011 9:12 PM

Sep 2011
Defiance said:

And the beta will end on October 10th, so we'll get a while to play around. The map that will be featured is Operation Metro in Rush mode.

Should be exciting!
Sep 21, 2011 5:02 AM
Sep 2011
To be fair I wasn't aware there was a beta. Guess you learn new things every day, huh?
Sep 21, 2011 2:06 PM

Feb 2008
c0smic said:
Defiance said:

And the beta will end on October 10th, so we'll get a while to play around. The map that will be featured is Operation Metro in Rush mode.

Should be exciting!

Well that's crap.....<.<.... I was really hoping they'd at least add one conquest map...
Sep 21, 2011 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
Sephor said:
c0smic said:
Defiance said:

Should be exciting!

Well that's crap.....<.<.... I was really hoping they'd at least add one conquest map...

always wonderd why every single beta so far on consoles have been rush maps only.
Sep 29, 2011 12:17 AM

Jul 2008

Caspian Border in all its glory. My god does it look fantastic.

EDIT: played some of the beta this morning, it was pretty nice. The only problem is that they took out the APC for Operation Metro that was in alpha so it's much harder for offense to get past those first two terminals without a decent team. Caspian Border is in the server browser but it seems to be limited to the select few. I'm hoping they make it widely available very soon, everyone knows that Operation Metro isn't what battlefield is about. You need some tanks, helis, jets, etc.to get the full experience.
DefianceSep 29, 2011 8:32 AM
Sep 29, 2011 4:32 PM

Sep 2011
Defiance said:

EDIT: played some of the beta this morning, it was pretty nice. The only problem is that they took out the APC for Operation Metro that was in alpha so it's much harder for offense to get past those first two terminals without a decent team. Caspian Border is in the server browser but it seems to be limited to the select few. I'm hoping they make it widely available very soon, everyone knows that Operation Metro isn't what battlefield is about. You need some tanks, helis, jets, etc.to get the full experience.

always wondered why they took out the APC. infantry only map for a game that is supposed to be all about vehicle and infantry warfare? guess the people that are going to want to learn to fly the jets are still going to have to wait a while.
Sep 29, 2011 4:35 PM

May 2010
The BETA isn't working for me right now. Says lost connection to EA online.
Sep 29, 2011 4:38 PM

Jun 2009
The 360 version looks horrible compared to the PC verison. Then the 360 version had server problems so.... I've been playing thE PC beta the last few hours.
I like it, it looks good but MY GOD I FUCKING HATE ORIGIN AND THEIR STUPID SERVICE SO MUCH. Why Can't I have a server browser IN GAME? Why do I need your stupid service?! God.
Sep 29, 2011 5:11 PM

Jun 2009
Defiance said:

All the Caspian border servers are password protected.
Sep 29, 2011 5:13 PM

May 2008
Jrittmayer said:
All the Caspian border servers are password protected.

You don't need to know the passwords to join though, there's a trick to it.

On pc that is.

Sep 29, 2011 5:31 PM

Feb 2008
Pass word for em, well most of them is- shoppingcartsareagoodride

Takes awhile to get in to them anyway, and the other servers aside from the Multiplay hosted servers seem to lag like major ass MYIs server for example.
Sep 29, 2011 6:39 PM

Sep 2011
My guess is they might "update" the beta somtime in the next few days so more stuff (heli's,tanks, & other vehicles) will be avialable,but thats my theory... regardless i havn't had this much fun in a beta since MAG's early beta release!
Sep 29, 2011 9:58 PM

Sep 2011
CodeG_Lelouch said:
My guess is they might "update" the beta somtime in the next few days so more stuff (heli's,tanks, & other vehicles) will be avialable,but thats my theory... regardless i havn't had this much fun in a beta since MAG's early beta release!

doubt they will do that. they've yet to do that in any beta.
Sep 29, 2011 10:26 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty sure they'll just add the Caspian map. Way better then that piece of shit rush map. Feels way more like a battlefield. Also alot funner to play, if you get the chance to play a game or 2.
Sep 29, 2011 10:31 PM

Jul 2010
it's pretty fun.

Sep 29, 2011 11:21 PM

Jul 2008
I played a few games of Caspian Border and they were a completely different experience from Metro. Caspian has that nice battlefield feel that just can't be emulated. I'm only more pumped up now about release after getting some 64 player play in.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
48 minutes ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
7 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
8 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Today

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
8 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.