Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 20, 2015 2:38 PM

PrettyJ said:
Shinsekai Yori. I had very high expectation for this anime considering it's rating on MAL but it ended up being a rather mediocre story (it could have been developed in amuch better and mature way imo) with bland and boring characters for whom I couldn't care less. Also, the homosexuality between the characters felt totally out of place, without adding a single thing to the story... bad yaoi fanservice ftw.

^ this is why GOOD anime goes to waste :)
#fanboys

Mar 20, 2015 3:29 PM

The before last episodes of both Parasyte and Tokyo Ghoul.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~

Mar 20, 2015 3:53 PM

SalvadorDali75 said:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

*puts flame armour on*
I did enjoy it mind, but I went in with high expectations, and I was left feeling pretty disappointed. I just don't see it as being the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be, just a good anime that was fun to watch, but nothing remarkable.

You have a decent head on your shoulders sir....

Mar 20, 2015 3:55 PM

PrettyJ said:
Shinsekai Yori. I had very high expectation for this anime considering it's rating on MAL but it ended up being a rather mediocre story (it could have been developed in amuch better and mature way imo) with bland and boring characters for whom I couldn't care less. Also, the homosexuality between the characters felt totally out of place, without adding a single thing to the story... bad yaoi fanservice ftw.

Yes it was over-hyped....it ruined my experience too as I wanted something out of this world. The homosexuality actually was part of the storyline.

Mar 20, 2015 4:32 PM

If I had had to choose from something recent I'd say Tokyo ESP.
I would say mahou sensou but part of me wasn't really expecting much from that to begin with.

Mar 20, 2015 8:03 PM

Paranoia Agent

What is this I don't even
Puzzle Time, When is my birthday? 22-8-222/
9-666-3
5-66-4-3-3/
9-666-3
666-8-666-3
666-8-666-3
44-8-444-3/
Answer is on profile but see if you can figure it out first! HINT: KEYBOARD

Mar 20, 2015 9:53 PM

Yoru no Yatterman. First few episodes were great and it seemed kinda serious but then it turned into some sort of random anime about whatever happens in that episode with the usual jokes from comedy anime that aren't even funny. It also has mechas coming out of nowhere, saving everyone and ruining pretty much everything.
It's still an alright anime, I guess, but it could've been so much more.

Mar 26, 2015 8:24 PM

JohnnyBme said:
MAL, where stuff like this happen.

Yeah, that's disgraceful
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.

Mar 26, 2015 8:25 PM

A/Z is following the footsteps of GC and VVV LMFAO

Mar 26, 2015 8:31 PM

Maledict said:
The before last episodes of both Parasyte and Tokyo Ghoul.

Its just the last minutes

Mar 26, 2015 8:43 PM

Mikaku City Actors, because I liked what I had read of the manga "Kagerou Days" but the anime didn't keep my attention for more than two episodes ...
Also, Tokyo Ghoul, the first few episodes were really cool but it went down hill fast for me.

Mar 26, 2015 9:03 PM
Tokyo Ghoul √A. It's even worse than the 1st season, lame and terrible adaptation (good job as always Pierrot), crap fight scenes, the animators didn't even tried to put any effort in those shit and half-assed animations. It's a shame, because the manga is really good and now they rushed through all the story and made an anime with nonexistent character development with forced interactions between them, especially for Kaneki.

Don't watch this, read the manga instead. Or watch Parasyte, it's not that good but it's a better version of TG.
Akame ga Kill 2.0
Modified by LucasRTS, Mar 26, 2015 9:11 PM

Mar 27, 2015 1:05 PM

Clannad I heard it was one of the best romances it was also ranked highly on MAL but it's one of the worst I've seen IMO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 27, 2015 1:08 PM

Royalirishman said:
Clannad I heard it was one of the best romances it was also ranked highly on MAL but it's one of the worst I've seen IMO

Ill never understand why people say clannad is overrated, yea sure the ending sucks and is a total cop out but if you look at the series as a whole and just enjoy the "family" aspect of it you would see why so many people like it. This is the first and only anime i have ever recommended to my real life family and friends who aren't anime lovers.

Negisa's parents were amazing.
Best Couple of All Time

Kamille x Four (Zeta Gundam)

Mar 27, 2015 1:21 PM

LucasRTS said:
Tokyo Ghoul √A. It's even worse than the 1st season, lame and terrible adaptation (good job as always Pierrot), crap fight scenes, the animators didn't even tried to put any effort in those shit and half-assed animations. It's a shame, because the manga is really good and now they rushed through all the story and made an anime with nonexistent character development with forced interactions between them, especially for Kaneki.

Don't watch this, read the manga instead. Or watch Parasyte, it's not that good but it's a better version of TG.
Akame ga Kill 2.0

Mar 27, 2015 2:06 PM

Malicre said:
Royalirishman said:

Ill never understand why people say clannad is overrated, yea sure the ending sucks and is a total cop out but if you look at the series as a whole and just enjoy the "family" aspect of it you would see why so many people like it. This is the first and only anime i have ever recommended to my real life family and friends who aren't anime lovers.

Negisa's parents were amazing.

Tomoyo/a (can't remember which was the guy and which was the gril) committing suicide in the end would have been the best.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Mar 27, 2015 2:11 PM

Shigatsu. I didn't know it was going to be this bad. The performances are good but everything else is awful.

Mar 27, 2015 2:21 PM

Campione - people say it's a hidden gem. It isn't .... not even close

Mar 27, 2015 2:23 PM

SAO

I expected it to be good. Told myself "do not listen the haters,they probably exagerating"

nope

Mar 27, 2015 2:44 PM

I can't really call Aldnoah.Zero a "disappointment" because it failed just as spectacularly as the first season. I keep watching it mostly to pause the show and look at how Inaho and Slaine's eyebrows are drawn above their hair, how awful the outfits look, and laughing at the placid expressionless characters devoid of realism with exposition dump after exposition dump following poorly choreographed retrograde rendered CG battles.

There was a lot of anime that people said were good that just outright sucked though that I (tried) to watch recently:

Brigadoon (Is this humor supposed to be making me laugh? Is the "close friendship that's almost lesbians" supposed to pull my heartstrings and make me have a loli fetish? Am I supposed to care because she's an orphan?)

Akatsuki no Yona, for this season. How could it start off with a decent amount of running momentum and fall into this trap of being a garbage reverse-harem with a pretentious kawaii helpless princess that magically turns serious with a hair reference and gleaming eyes? I don't care about these character recruitment arcs: there's zero sense of tension, possibly because the intro shows the implication that nobody in the main cast is going to be hurt and the Dragons will all end up with her... AND they show her leading the dragons to attack a caravan EARLY ON as a foreshadowing like the show will somehow magically get better after you put up with this bullshit. UGH!

Lucky☆Star: The pacing is all over the place. The characters are fucking teleporting across time and space from one scene to the next. There's no pacing, and the humor mostly sucks unless it's an anime/japanese culture reference.

Pandora Hearts: Alice in Wonderland done wrong. You'd think from the first couple of episodes that it'd have some sort of twisted, dark element like the game "Ib" as a social commentary of the media consuming the masses or just a dark horror twist, but nope; it's just another god-damn shounen with monsters with name dropping Alice in Wonderland.

Scryed: Post apocalyptic world. Magic robot mutant powers. Evil organization trying to capture mutants, treated as third class citizens. The organization's name is HOLY, to have that edgy "we're attacking religion while being ironic" stance. If you like mindless power-up scenes while yelling with two men "fighting for honor" kind of stuff, then this is your anime.

I'd like to honorably mention:

Log Horizon 2nd Season. It raised my hopes because episode 14 was actually good compared to every other episode. It's still passable, but 14 made it look like it was trying to transcend just being a slice of life with some gradual plot progression.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?

Mar 27, 2015 2:46 PM

Royalirishman said:
uve watched toradora tho?

Mar 27, 2015 2:46 PM

Mar 27, 2015 2:50 PM

I love tokyo ghoul and still think its a great anime through and through but the ending to root a was certainly disappointing. It seems like the budget was so low on most episodes because of how much time they wasted. Not to mention the main character barely even talked :/
Modified by UzumakiSouper, Mar 27, 2015 3:08 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 27, 2015 2:52 PM

BruceLad said:

Mar 27, 2015 3:23 PM

guywholikesanime said:
SAO

I expected it to be good. Told myself "do not listen the haters,they probably exagerating"

nope

It is usually true when an anime has a bad reputation

Mar 27, 2015 3:35 PM

Tokyo Ghoul Root A

I'll just pretend that the anime never existed.

Mar 27, 2015 3:45 PM

5 centimeters per second movies - expected something really good but got a really rushed story that neede to be a a full series instread of being condensed into a 50 minute movie

Mar 27, 2015 3:54 PM

ButNotForMe said:
guywholikesanime said:
SAO

nope

Every anime has bad reputation somewhat so that is not a valid point I believe

Mar 27, 2015 3:56 PM

guywholikesanime said:
ButNotForMe said:

Not really. Having haters and having a bad reputation are different things.

Unless you want to tell me Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has a bad reputation

Mar 27, 2015 4:41 PM

Ghost in the Shell -> thought it would be better
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu -> first few episodes were good but then just a disappointment!

Mar 27, 2015 5:07 PM

BruceLad said:

Nah.......We need Tokyo Ghoul A²

Mar 27, 2015 6:04 PM

Blood-C. After coming down off of marathoning Blood+ I was looking so forward to a new series, and then I got THAT. gross. I'm not one to outright turn down an anime, I'll usually give most anime a good 3 episodes to catch my attention, but I dropped Blood-C after two episodes. I couldn't do it.
"We see only darkness before us, with the light at our backs." - Prophet Velen
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” -Arthur C. Clarke

Mar 27, 2015 7:58 PM

guywholikesanime said:
ButNotForMe said:

Si if my fav anime is Evangelion, then-
Eva>Eva......"system error"

Mar 27, 2015 9:25 PM

parasyte

Mar 27, 2015 11:31 PM

G_Spark233 said:
Vitruvius said:

Its genuinely funny how when it started airing almost everyone was going crazy over it,but if you by any chance read the manga you knew already that it was nowhere near that level people were making it out to be.
Just goes to show that no matter the studio if the original source material isn't anything noteworthy then chances are very high that the end result will also be the same.

Mar 28, 2015 12:28 AM

gedata said:
guywholikesanime said:

Not really. Having haters and having a bad reputation are different things.

Unless you want to tell me Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has a bad reputation

Maybe I should rephrase it

If an anime gets a low rating, trust the public
If an anime gets a high rating, trust yourself

Nov 2, 2016 3:31 AM
Evangelion. Was hoping for greatness given the hype. I got 26 episodes of shinji crying, repeating scenes, 2 minutes of the same fucking still images, and a "mind fuck" that was more annoying than anything. I really tried to like it =\. I don't hate it, i was just let down.

Hoping that I enjoy redo more.

Nov 2, 2016 3:35 AM

serial experiments lain. Not only was it incredibly low budget, the author also did not know how the internet actually worked. Characters weren't that good either. they were just okay.
♪ oh god ♪ _
♪ i miss you ♪ _

the artwork belongs to Yukihiro Nakamura

_now playing: pj harvey - the piano
____________⏮️ ⏯️ ⏭️

Nov 2, 2016 3:44 AM

Yuri on Ice - with all of the hypes it gets...

Nov 2, 2016 3:45 AM

Rewrite the anime lol. In terms of visual novels, probably Rewrite too tbh.

Nov 2, 2016 3:50 AM

freezing vibration and danmachi.

I wasted my time. :D hehehe everything on danmachi is cliche.
freezing vibration, I hate it after the

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful

Nov 2, 2016 3:51 AM

Sword Art Online. I didn't expect it to been as good as Log Horizon, but the anime is more boring than I expected. Didn't hate it, but very dissapointed; I didn't even know if I should continue watching the show.
Freedom is the right of all sentient being.

Nov 2, 2016 3:52 AM

CIebardman said:
When naruto chosed hinata, not sasuke... Seriously, they should rule together. The first gaykage dou would be enlightened. Stupid kishimoto just played with my feeling in the whole show..
I ship them very hard, they even kissed. :D hehehe

Nov 2, 2016 3:55 AM

King_of_Heretics said:
BruceLad said:

Nah.......We need Tokyo Ghoul A²
have you feel cringe too when he walk while carrying his friends body? plus the music in the BG(i like the music though).

Nov 2, 2016 3:56 AM

Overlord
My friend's been recommending it to me ever since it came out, but I'd been putting it off until recently when I finally gave it a try. Everything about it sounded like something I should enjoy, but... I didn't. Dropped after 3 boring episodes, lol.

Nov 2, 2016 9:28 PM

Patlabor on TV.... It's really quite well received critically by some fans but I don't really see even after 6 episodes to explain that. I only see a pointless show about the everyday life of police on robots.

Jan 4, 2017 10:41 AM
haikyuu!! (The manga)
I had watched the anime first, and was excited to read the manga Highly Disappointed

anyone else feel that way?

Jan 4, 2017 11:17 AM

Btooom was a really big dissapointment. Everyone's praising it although it's equal to liquid manure. It's edgy, cringey self-satisfaction neet anime. I hate it's kind.

Jan 4, 2017 2:30 PM

CapitalistGod said:
Patlabor on TV.... It's really quite well received critically by some fans but I don't really see even after 6 episodes to explain that. I only see a pointless show about the everyday life of police on robots.

I also found it boring so you're not alone on that one.

Jan 4, 2017 2:48 PM

Akatsuki no Yona - great visuals, yes. Characters are okay, I guess. But we got 24 episodes and nothing to make the plot go further happens. In the end, after all the journey, the princess didn't even have a resolve. Overrated. Next season might "fix" it, though (if we get one).

Pages (59) « First ... « 55 56 [57] 58 59 »