Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (58) « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2014 7:10 PM

Apr 2012
Zankyou no Terror - the introduction of Five ruined everything.
Sep 4, 2014 7:15 PM
Aug 2011
Oddyeus said:
Zankyou no Terror - the introduction of Five ruined everything.

yes
it's been on a downward spiral
Sep 4, 2014 7:18 PM
Sep 4, 2014 7:25 PM
Aug 2011
mayukachan said:
Apparantly, there are people who can actually make sense out of Glasslip.

Congrats to that person I guess. It doesn't make the show any less shitty though.

Someone might have even suggested that Kakeru might be Jonathan. I wouldn't be surprised.

0/10
Sep 4, 2014 9:14 PM

Jul 2013
Date a Live.. it's like TWGOK with action they said... what a fucking joke
Sep 4, 2014 9:20 PM

Jan 2012
It's gotta be Glasslip although I wasn't really expecting it to be a masterpiece, but I'm literally only still watching it because I was over halfway in, it's once a week and doesn't take much time, and I didn't wanna drop it as I try not to drop shows. Poor characters, character interactions, plot....at least for me.
Sep 4, 2014 10:13 PM

Dec 2013
Kemonozume

'Disappointment' is a bit strong overall, but I'd say it adequately describes how I felt about the second half. This started off SO strong, but its tone gradually deteriorated from excessive comedy (although there were some great lines), cheap sexual fanservice, an annoying villain, and a complete mess of an ending. Still...I dig this director's style so on to Kaiba, Mind Game.
Nov 19, 2014 9:30 AM

Mar 2012
Girlfriend(Kari)..
I expected a anime with much comedy and a male main character for a harem, but the anime is about a lot of girls doing cute things.. I didn't even laugh even once at first episode
Nov 19, 2014 10:42 AM

Apr 2011
I would say FSN, but I had already learnt my lesson to not believe in hype after SnK. So instead, I'll say Kokkuri-san. It's a shame, really. It started off good enough, but then started losing steam quickly. If I were to compare it to, say, Barakamon (let's face it, the similarities are there), Kokkuri-san is basically very similar, save for one thing: Barakamon cared about all it's characters. Kokkuri-san only cares about the 4 main characters (and even then, Shigaraki and Inugami are mostly ignored) and everyone else is forgotten after their introductory episodes.
Nov 19, 2014 10:46 AM

Feb 2013
Tristana said:
popoyez said:
Gantz Anime second season failed to explain anything especially last 3-5 episodes...would have been better of if everyone lived in the end.

Wow, that spoiler.

School Days. It would've been a really good anime if the ending wasn't so fucked up. :/

the spoiler for Gantz was a good thing. The adaptation is pretty worthless besides the sometimes hilarious dub and the badass OP.
Nov 19, 2014 10:56 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Go ahead and laugh but.. Maken-ki. Even though I found it funny based off of youtube videos it wasn't as funny as I thought it'd be in the actual show. I'm really let down by the fact that I'm not laughing as much as I did when I watched a mere 2m clip. Such a shame. It could've been one of those light I don't take seriously series I laugh at every now and then.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Nov 19, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2013
I think that my last disappointment was Cross Ange. Whenever i think that this anime might get better,at that moment something annoying happens...uggh!
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Nov 19, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2013
Love Lab

i expected something like K-On!
Nov 19, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
All of the comedies this season. Denki-gai no Honya-san is probably my pick of the litter.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 19, 2014 11:16 AM

Nov 2014
FauxAzn said:

It's just sad watching such a fresh and interesting protagonist wasting away on such a bland plot.

OT: 3 years later. Well fuck you too. Maybe you should go back to watching anime with predictable plots and boring cliches.

Serial Experiments Lain, easily. Okay, I haven't finished it, but from what I've seen, it's the most boring show in the world. It's genius to go from insane to sane; to take a crazy idea and make it fun. Not the other around.
Nov 19, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2013
Horaturbi no mori e.
God, that's so ovehyped. I admit, it's really good until 2/3 but the ending is a disaster. So weak and predictable. Actually not even predictable. I was like 'Wat, are you kidding me? It's over right here?'
Nov 19, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
PrimeX said:
Date a Live.. it's like TWGOK with action they said... what a fucking joke

TWGOK + Sekieri = Date a Live. I liked TWGOK the best.

QuattroVaginas said:
All of the comedies this season. Denki-gai no Honya-san is probably my pick of the litter.

Agreed. This season doesn't have many good comedies. I miss Gekken Shoujo Nozaki-kun!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 19, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
Inou-Battle. I wanted comedy, not drama.
Nov 19, 2014 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Fairy Tail (2014). It sucked even more than the original series. It had worthless animation, even more ridiculous fan service and boring story arc.
Nov 19, 2014 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
The anime adaptation of Akame ga Kiru! is a real let-down. I had expected it to be as great as the manga, but it just does not seem to be as entertaining to me as the manga I held so dear.
Nov 19, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2012
Superpieguy said:
The anime adaptation of Akame ga Kiru! is a real let-down. I had expected it to be as great as the manga, but it just does not seem to be as entertaining to me as the manga I held so dear.

I'm actually happy with some of the changes they've made, particularly with regards to the Wild Hunt. I don't mind the edginess of the rest of Akame but the Wild Hunt is seriously 3edgy5me and really nothing else.
Nov 19, 2014 12:55 PM
Sep 2014
Psycho-Pass 2
Nov 19, 2014 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

that episode was random AF lol

...and trinity seven continues to bore me each week
Nov 19, 2014 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

that episode was random AF lol

...and trinity seven continues to bore me each week

Yea it was kinda weird but it convinced me that Saori Hayami is actually a pretty good VA as that rant was so well done.
Nov 19, 2014 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
Feaor said:
Superpieguy said:

I'm actually happy with some of the changes they've made, particularly with regards to the Wild Hunt. I don't mind the edginess of the rest of Akame but the Wild Hunt is seriously 3edgy5me and really nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but I just feel like something's missing for some reason, and it's bothering me.
Nov 19, 2014 2:25 PM

Nov 2014
Elfen Lied

absolute shit, very slow plot it is just boring the only thing going for it is the 2 minutes an episode of insane killing sprees :3

- C
Nov 19, 2014 7:00 PM

Nov 2012
I actually really like the wild hunt section. It was really important for Wave's character, Kurome's character, and did a great job at making you hate the villains.

I'm enjoying both the manga and the anime adaptation of what they are. It does feel like the anime has made its own path in such a way that by chopping wild hunt arc, its actually very close to the events of the manga currently if they chose to try and go back to the main manga plot they could given where the most recent episode ended.
Nov 19, 2014 9:18 PM

Sep 2014
I would say an ongoing one - Ookami Shoujou to kuro ooiji

From the first and second episode and the synopsis, i really liked the idea of 'pretending to be boyfriend and girlfriend', but after that 2 episodes, it seems to loose it.

I was hoping for 85% of the stuff happens in school, with the classmates interaction, rather than just the 2 of them - sadly it didn't delivered.

Some of the side characters are pretty bland too. Like the female protagonist's friend (the pink hair) is sooooooooooooooo BORING! Its like she's just there to be in the male protagonist class. The other 2 bitchy friends are much better than her.

I guess this is what happens when you have high expectations :-(
Nov 19, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2014
Akame ga kill of course.
Nov 19, 2014 9:38 PM

Jul 2011
Now people are bashing Akame Ga Kill for deviating from the Manga. Funny thing is they weren't talking shit back when it was at its peak.
Nov 19, 2014 10:12 PM
Oct 2010
Definitely FSN.. that show is just boring, ufo can't save poor source material it seems.
Nov 19, 2014 10:57 PM

Dec 2013
Akame ga Kill...sigh. Yet another great manga destroyed by the greedy anime companies, seeking only to promote the source material for the extra income...not to actually adapt it properly, IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT PROPERLY, THEM JUST DON'T FUCKING ADAPT IT, keep it close to the writer's dream, how they envisioned their work.

It saddens me that yet another one of my precious, cherished series got the Tokyo Ghoul Treatment...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 20, 2014 2:12 AM

Apr 2014
Well I think Black Lagoon: Second Barrage really sucked in comparison with the first season. The second season just didn't had that thing that the first season did, but I can't explain what it is
Nov 20, 2014 4:56 AM

Oct 2014
Extreme3708 said:
Now people are bashing Akame Ga Kill for deviating from the Manga. Funny thing is they weren't talking shit back when it was at its peak.

ThatAnimeSnob made a good point for why it sucks:

Before airing, this show was hyped up by the manga readers to appear as an amazing super mature and serious story about good guys who are as bad as the villains, and where everything is grey in morality. And then you watch a few episodes and realize you got trolled since there is absolutely nothing mature or serious about it. Because it’s just another shonen and not a mature seinen.

The most glaring problem it has is the inconsistent tone. The series loves to ruin any serious mood it’s trying to build by having a scene where a guy cries over the death of a person he likes immediately being interrupted by boobs falling on his face and treating the mourning as a joke. It’s like it has dark moments but makes sure you will never take them seriously. And indeed, with such a high percentage of done to death school comedy and fan service you are occasionally forgetting that this is supposed to be a show about ruthless assassins killing sadistic corrupted officials.

Aha, but you see there is a catch here; the fans of the show will then tell you what they really meant is that the show is over the top and aims to entertain people who got tired of 3 very commonplace things found in fighting shonen. - It doesn’t waste time on dramatization, where the characters will be crying over whatever drama is going on for 50 episodes. Enough with that crap; just start punching each other, that is all we want to see! If you are sick and tired of crybabies, here you go, have boob shots to make a joke out it and move immediately to the fights. - It doesn’t try to make the characters idealists, where they do stuff out of the goodness of their hearts or stop being bad guys because of a friendship monologue. If you are sick and tired of people doing everything for love or justice, here you go, a show where the good guys are killing people because they are paid to do so or just love killing, and has bad guys who don’t give up on their objectives because of nakama power. - It has far less plot armor and far more death. If you are tired of shows where characters never seem to die no matter how much damage they receive, here you go, a show where they constantly die on both sides of the conflict and never resurrect (although to be completely honest, there is still a fair amount of cases where characters escape death in a very convenient and cheap way).

All the above sound cool, right? And yet they aren’t, since the show sucks for the exact same reasons. Since it doesn’t take anything seriously, you just don’t care about whatever happens in the story or the characters. How are you supposed to react if on one moment the hero is crying for the unjustified death of his friends and on the exact next moment a slutty dressed bimbo throws her rack at his face? The drama is ruined, the themes are ruined, and no matter what horrible things happen to these people later on, you won’t give a shit, because they treat tragedy as a joke. Good shonen keep the mood comical and the personalities dramatic. They do not do the reverse thing we see in Akame ga Kill, meaning dramatic mood and comical personalities. That ruins the drama entirely.

Since it doesn’t have ideals, it also makes everyone to act like an irredeemable 1-dimensional paragon of evil, whose personality and goals are described in 5 words. The claim that morality in this show is grey is a lie, since only the good guys are the ones being grey. The bad guys are pitch black evil and never show the slightest sign of remorse or questioning of their horrible acts. Hell, they don’t even have any motivation for torturing and killing hundreds of people other than “Because we can lol”.

And since it constantly kills characters in every episode, there is no time to get to like any of them. In fact the only thing you will care most about is the over the top gore and death scenes. Which aren’t that over the top if you watched enough 90s OVAs as I did. And even if it was as graphical, it would still mean nothing because (newsflash) gore and splatter are just shock factor and have nothing to do with characters because you only care about the act of bloodshed and mayhem than about the butchered people in the middle of all that.

The comedy and fan service parts are also so lukewarm and commonplace in most anime nowadays that they actually work against the extremities the show heads for. They destroy the grimdark atmosphere and even make you laugh when someone dies instead of actually feeling thrilled or surprised about it. If the story was about of a horny guy who wants to get as much pussycat as possible, throwing in bath scenes, and falling on breasts becomes relevant. If on the other hand the story is about a group of people fighting a corrupted government, then the boob jokes become unnecessary. They don’t serve the narrative; they work against it by being distracting; taking away from a show instead of adding to it.

Now some may claim that fan service is often used as comic relief to ease the very heavy tension of a show. If a show is too serious or grim all the time, then many viewers will be fed up with it after a point on. But throwing in an occasional camel toe, oh that offers variety and a silver lining to every black cloud. That is all sweet and well intended but it also happens to be meta-logic. It doesn’t exist to serve the narrative but rather to make the viewing experience more palatable. And by that I mean taking something which could have been a well made serious and grimdark story, and turning it to an easily digestible mediocrity aimed at mass consumption. The very fact that makes it an easy watch is what ruins it in the longrun.

And sure, you can say this method works, because the show is very popular. And that will make you look like a complete idiot for trusting popularity to dictate what counts as good. Just because most anime fans are ronery manchildren with no taste or high demands, and because most creators are sleazy money grabbers who would sell their own mother if it makes them money, doesn’t mean that anything popular is excused to be a great show.

Someone even suggested viewing this show as if it has a lot of black humor, making fun of all the violence and the ideals other shonen have. I guess that can work, effectively making it guilty pleasure for those who hate Naruto. They will watch the first episode and be like: “This is not another Naruto! There is blood, and there is death, and there is no talk no jutsu! The hero kills his enemies; he doesn’t try to reason with them!” Oh wow, he doesn’t try to reason with his enemies, major improvement. Too bad this way nobody has depth or gives you any reason to care.

For all intents and purposes the characters in Naruto have far more depth than those in Akame ga Kill. Although the infamous “talk no jutsu” makes Naruto to look completely stupid, on paper it also means that he doesn’t try to solve all his problems with violence and death. He tries to have a dialogue with his enemies, reason with them, understand them, make them realize stuff they missed. Yes, it is childish and stupid if you are no longer a kid but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. If you are a kid, this makes complete sense and is even ten times better to the villains in Akame ga Kill who cannot be reasoned with. They are one dimensional cardboard villains, dry, and irredeemable. This is what makes them far more shallow and boring next to the ones from Naruto. At least there you had options; you could talk or fight. Over here you have no options; you can only fight them. How does that make them any better? Where is the character exploration?

I could go on nagging about the still frames they use to save budget or how retarded is the script in several scenes, or how rushed is the pacing so they can cover as much as they can, or how amateurish are the scene transitions, but I won’t do it because down to it they don’t matter. The story would still be bad even if all those things were done right. You watch this show as a parody of Naruto, you laugh at it, and then you forget about it since nothing in it really matters or means anything. It’s just another Deadman Wonderland and yet another example of how tasteless modern fans are for hyping this piece of crap instead of something far more worthwhile.
Nov 20, 2014 5:03 AM

Apr 2013
Zero no Tsukaima. It's the second most popular ecchi comedy on MAL, but after the first season it was lacking in both genres imo. I think there are more nude scenes in Code Geass season 1, which I'm watching right now.
GatorNov 20, 2014 5:34 AM
Nov 20, 2014 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
Milk_is_Special said:
Well I think Black Lagoon: Second Barrage really sucked in comparison with the first season. The second season just didn't had that thing that the first season did, but I can't explain what it is

This too. It felt kind of rushed at the end, and left questions unanswered. Maybe it was just that I saw the first season, and it left me with such high hopes, but then let me down. Makes me sad.
Nov 20, 2014 5:44 AM

May 2013
Akame ga Kill and Grisaia no Kajitsu. Don't get me started, I just hate it when I see the word 'rush' in an anime and I don't even know now.

Nah, they'll be soon to be finished so I just have to wait.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 20, 2014 6:14 AM

Nov 2013
Akame Ga Kill and SAO II both had a great first cour but went to complete and utter poo-poo in the last few episodes.
Nov 20, 2014 8:16 AM

Aug 2014
Death Note
Nov 20, 2014 9:23 AM
Oct 2010
SightScreen said:
Extreme3708 said:

Before airing, this show was hyped up by the manga readers to appear as an amazing super mature and serious story about good guys who are as bad as the villains, and where everything is grey in morality.

Who did this? No one who knows the source material would ever say such a thing, it seems like that reddit user projected his own expectations on to what people were saying the show would be like.
Nov 20, 2014 9:27 AM

Oct 2014
skudoops said:
Who did this? No one who knows the source material would ever say such a thing, it seems like that reddit user projected his own expectations on to what people were saying the show would be like.

As I said, ThatAnimeSnob, who also does a lot of reviews & analysis on youtube.

Honestly, the source material is irrelevant when judging an anime. It's like trying to justify all the baffling choices in the Star Wars prequels with the lore from the Expanded Universe.

The guy's a total elitist, but he's spot on with everything he says in that post.
Nov 20, 2014 9:45 AM

Oct 2014
SightScreen said:

Honestly, the source material is irrelevant when judging an anime. It's like trying to justify all the baffling choices in the Star Wars prequels with the lore from the Expanded Universe.

The guy's a total elitist, but he's spot on with everything he says in that post.
lol, he still has -100 karma. poor guy
Nov 20, 2014 9:51 AM
Oct 2010
SightScreen said:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I meant who hyped it up to be an "amazing super mature and serious story about good guys who are as bad as the villains, and where everything is grey in morality." ?

I was mentioning that anyone even remotely knowledgeable of the source material knows that isn't true at all.
Nov 20, 2014 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
SightScreen said:
snip
You make some interesting points there, it certainly is true the show is inconsistent as in the comedy attempts and the fanservice, but it is the author's first work, so i excuse those, also because i personally found the comedy to be pretty funny, although still poor, the timing for the latter improved considerably since the first chapter. The same could be said about the drama and build up to the deaths.

Can't say nothing about the hype since i didn't see none of it before the anime aired. (I read the manga first by the way)

It also is true that the author could have done a better job showcasing the grey morality, but that's where the Jaegers come in. I personally can't quite understand why people complain about most of the villains, since the capital has been shown to be corrupted to it's core since the first chapter, and the edgy villains are the result of it.

Although loving AgK, your post overall raised some pretty good points, but i won't bother addressisng them now, since i'm not looking for an argument, i just think the series has several other qualities that outshines it's flaws.

Sorry for any errors, English isn't my native, and nice talking to you.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 20, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
skudoops said:
SightScreen said:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I meant who hyped it up to be an "amazing super mature and serious story about good guys who are as bad as the villains, and where everything is grey in morality." ?

I was mentioning that anyone even remotely knowledgeable of the source material knows that isn't true at all.

Yea I'm honestly glad they cut the Wild Hunt, they're seriously 7edgy9me and also poorly written. In fact the whole source is pretty mediocre so I don't know why people are so surprised that the adaptation is mediocre.
Nov 20, 2014 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
Akame Ga Kill for sure. I was loving the hell out of it and they just ended up skipping major development. Now I'm reading the manga, which I'm usually not into doing.
Nov 20, 2014 10:28 AM

Jul 2012
Genji Monogatari Sennenki probably. Expected it to become an instant favourite (romance + historical genres win me over okay?) but it was LITERALLY about this guy banging up all the medieval girls in Japan. At least I got to hear my favourite voice actor whisper stupid pick up lines.
Nov 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
Most of the shows that I am watching this season. They are boring me! Is it strange that the only two shows that I'm enjoying are shorts?

mayukachan said:
Genji Monogatari Sennenki probably. Expected it to become an instant favourite (romance + historical genres win me over okay?) but it was LITERALLY about this guy banging up all the medieval girls in Japan. At least I got to hear my favourite voice actor whisper stupid pick up lines.

LOL! Sounds like my kind of show! This show was in my PTW list already.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 20, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2012
SightScreen said:
Extreme3708 said:

ThatAnimeSnob made a good point for why it sucks:

Before airing, this show was hyped up by the manga readers to appear as an amazing super mature and serious story about good guys who are as bad as the villains, and where everything is grey in morality. And then you watch a few episodes and realize you got trolled since there is absolutely nothing mature or serious about it. Because it’s just another shonen and not a mature seinen.

The most glaring problem it has is the inconsistent tone. The series loves to ruin any serious mood it’s trying to build by having a scene where a guy cries over the death of a person he likes immediately being interrupted by boobs falling on his face and treating the mourning as a joke. It’s like it has dark moments but makes sure you will never take them seriously. And indeed, with such a high percentage of done to death school comedy and fan service you are occasionally forgetting that this is supposed to be a show about ruthless assassins killing sadistic corrupted officials.

Aha, but you see there is a catch here; the fans of the show will then tell you what they really meant is that the show is over the top and aims to entertain people who got tired of 3 very commonplace things found in fighting shonen. - It doesn’t waste time on dramatization, where the characters will be crying over whatever drama is going on for 50 episodes. Enough with that crap; just start punching each other, that is all we want to see! If you are sick and tired of crybabies, here you go, have boob shots to make a joke out it and move immediately to the fights. - It doesn’t try to make the characters idealists, where they do stuff out of the goodness of their hearts or stop being bad guys because of a friendship monologue. If you are sick and tired of people doing everything for love or justice, here you go, a show where the good guys are killing people because they are paid to do so or just love killing, and has bad guys who don’t give up on their objectives because of nakama power. - It has far less plot armor and far more death. If you are tired of shows where characters never seem to die no matter how much damage they receive, here you go, a show where they constantly die on both sides of the conflict and never resurrect (although to be completely honest, there is still a fair amount of cases where characters escape death in a very convenient and cheap way).

All the above sound cool, right? And yet they aren’t, since the show sucks for the exact same reasons. Since it doesn’t take anything seriously, you just don’t care about whatever happens in the story or the characters. How are you supposed to react if on one moment the hero is crying for the unjustified death of his friends and on the exact next moment a slutty dressed bimbo throws her rack at his face? The drama is ruined, the themes are ruined, and no matter what horrible things happen to these people later on, you won’t give a shit, because they treat tragedy as a joke. Good shonen keep the mood comical and the personalities dramatic. They do not do the reverse thing we see in Akame ga Kill, meaning dramatic mood and comical personalities. That ruins the drama entirely.

Since it doesn’t have ideals, it also makes everyone to act like an irredeemable 1-dimensional paragon of evil, whose personality and goals are described in 5 words. The claim that morality in this show is grey is a lie, since only the good guys are the ones being grey. The bad guys are pitch black evil and never show the slightest sign of remorse or questioning of their horrible acts. Hell, they don’t even have any motivation for torturing and killing hundreds of people other than “Because we can lol”.

And since it constantly kills characters in every episode, there is no time to get to like any of them. In fact the only thing you will care most about is the over the top gore and death scenes. Which aren’t that over the top if you watched enough 90s OVAs as I did. And even if it was as graphical, it would still mean nothing because (newsflash) gore and splatter are just shock factor and have nothing to do with characters because you only care about the act of bloodshed and mayhem than about the butchered people in the middle of all that.

The comedy and fan service parts are also so lukewarm and commonplace in most anime nowadays that they actually work against the extremities the show heads for. They destroy the grimdark atmosphere and even make you laugh when someone dies instead of actually feeling thrilled or surprised about it. If the story was about of a horny guy who wants to get as much pussycat as possible, throwing in bath scenes, and falling on breasts becomes relevant. If on the other hand the story is about a group of people fighting a corrupted government, then the boob jokes become unnecessary. They don’t serve the narrative; they work against it by being distracting; taking away from a show instead of adding to it.

Now some may claim that fan service is often used as comic relief to ease the very heavy tension of a show. If a show is too serious or grim all the time, then many viewers will be fed up with it after a point on. But throwing in an occasional camel toe, oh that offers variety and a silver lining to every black cloud. That is all sweet and well intended but it also happens to be meta-logic. It doesn’t exist to serve the narrative but rather to make the viewing experience more palatable. And by that I mean taking something which could have been a well made serious and grimdark story, and turning it to an easily digestible mediocrity aimed at mass consumption. The very fact that makes it an easy watch is what ruins it in the longrun.

And sure, you can say this method works, because the show is very popular. And that will make you look like a complete idiot for trusting popularity to dictate what counts as good. Just because most anime fans are ronery manchildren with no taste or high demands, and because most creators are sleazy money grabbers who would sell their own mother if it makes them money, doesn’t mean that anything popular is excused to be a great show.

Someone even suggested viewing this show as if it has a lot of black humor, making fun of all the violence and the ideals other shonen have. I guess that can work, effectively making it guilty pleasure for those who hate Naruto. They will watch the first episode and be like: “This is not another Naruto! There is blood, and there is death, and there is no talk no jutsu! The hero kills his enemies; he doesn’t try to reason with them!” Oh wow, he doesn’t try to reason with his enemies, major improvement. Too bad this way nobody has depth or gives you any reason to care.

For all intents and purposes the characters in Naruto have far more depth than those in Akame ga Kill. Although the infamous “talk no jutsu” makes Naruto to look completely stupid, on paper it also means that he doesn’t try to solve all his problems with violence and death. He tries to have a dialogue with his enemies, reason with them, understand them, make them realize stuff they missed. Yes, it is childish and stupid if you are no longer a kid but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. If you are a kid, this makes complete sense and is even ten times better to the villains in Akame ga Kill who cannot be reasoned with. They are one dimensional cardboard villains, dry, and irredeemable. This is what makes them far more shallow and boring next to the ones from Naruto. At least there you had options; you could talk or fight. Over here you have no options; you can only fight them. How does that make them any better? Where is the character exploration?

I could go on nagging about the still frames they use to save budget or how retarded is the script in several scenes, or how rushed is the pacing so they can cover as much as they can, or how amateurish are the scene transitions, but I won’t do it because down to it they don’t matter. The story would still be bad even if all those things were done right. You watch this show as a parody of Naruto, you laugh at it, and then you forget about it since nothing in it really matters or means anything. It’s just another Deadman Wonderland and yet another example of how tasteless modern fans are for hyping this piece of crap instead of something far more worthwhile.

Looks like someone here actually gets it.

I am completely on your opinion side buddy xd
How I love a game
Nov 20, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
Just finished Tiger and Bunny,and while I loved the show,I was disappointed at how little was done with Lunatic's Character
Pages (58) « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

94 by Timeline_man »»
40 seconds ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

41 by Adverrito »»
56 seconds ago

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

38 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

43 by DoisacChopper »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

39 by weebtoge »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.