Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2011 2:46 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty awesome - the ACTUAL infinite loop! So I guess the number of cards in Malik's deck was important after all - hah! Just like I said last time! Man, I could become a duelist like Yugi with this brilliant mind of mine! :P
Lol, still can't get over Yugi wearing his jacket like a cape wtf haha XD Also, Malik on a motorcycle lol XD
NEXT EPISODE LOOKS FULL OF AWESOMENESS!!!

Mod edit: removed preview spoiler
koleareAug 5, 2013 7:48 AM
Aug 4, 2013 8:38 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Mar 14, 2014 8:11 AM

Oct 2012
I never thought they would use the rule where you lose if you run out of cards. Their decks always look like they would have about 100 cards xD But that loop-tactic was pretty awesome. Marik was very stupid, why didn't he play other monsters except Slifer? With only one monster he can't do anything except killing all monsters that Yugi uses to defend himself. If he used other monsters he could attack his life points...
Aug 17, 2016 12:32 PM
Jan 2012
uau. Yugi winning is so fast. Great surprise for victory for yugi. The great battle for yugi. Uau 14 thousand points of attack i didn't imagine this.
Liked kaiba watching the duel of yugi vs merick. After he invoked the buster blade and the letter of mental control he won Merick very quickly.
I wait great battle in the next's episodes.
Feb 17, 2017 8:26 AM

Jun 2009
so retarded lol. you have to pay 1000 LP to resummon revival jam from the graveyard so marik would have lost way before yugi beat him.
May 11, 2017 4:45 PM

May 2012
Damn that was just unbelievable! Pretty crazy if you ask me, looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 30, 2017 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
Seems like Marik's about to start playing dirty, well...even more so then he's been doing for like the last fifteen episodes.
Jun 21, 2019 11:28 PM

Dec 2011
Aw Mokuba being the first one to slide down there and make sure Yugi gets his card is so cute, what a responsible kid. Also Kaiba's motivational speech to Yugi was both snarky and supportive in the dub I love it.

I didn't know about the rule when you run out of cards, honestly I'm kind of surprised I didn't think of it beforehand; it makes a lot of sense. Winning by infinite loop was unexpectedly awesome! I'm glad they explored how this method can be done.

Even though this was another one-off character, these character designs have ALL been so good so far. He didn't even have a personality but a lot of detail went into making him look different and creepy. Yugi's shirt becoming a heroic cape as well, it's all incredibly effective.
Sep 5, 2019 4:53 PM

Nov 2016
There were plenty of ways to get of this situation, but Yugi came up with an awesome combo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 19, 2020 6:41 PM

Nov 2017
Oh gosh, what if Strings had 60 cards in his deck? That would've taken a bit before he decked out lol.

But Yuugi beat God (or at least Osiris)! Now he has one of the God cards. But instead of using the doll to just kill Yuugi, Marik decides it's best to go after his friends. With that said, Yuugi and Kaiba are gonna have to put their duel on hold.

Yuugi's friends are more important!
Oct 27, 2021 11:46 PM

Aug 2019
Marloges said:
Marik was very stupid, why didn't he play other monsters except Slifer? With only one monster he can't do anything except killing all monsters that Yugi uses to defend himself. If he used other monsters he could attack his life points...

To be fair he did play other monsters. He used Worm Drake, Humanoid Slime, and Humanoid Worm Drake in the first episode of this duel, not to mention Revival Jam. As for why he didn't summon more, it might've had something to do with him getting infinite looped before he could play any other monsters.

Tyestor said:
so retarded lol. you have to pay 1000 LP to resummon revival jam from the graveyard so marik would have lost way before yugi beat him.

Why do you constantly use irl card effects when discussing these anime episodes? The anime's Revival Jam's revival effect has no LP cost so why try to use TCG logic...? It's so pointless to critique these early episodes when they clearly follow different rules, usually established in the manga first. :/
Oct 28, 2021 1:43 AM

Oct 2012
Sweet_Escape said:
Marloges said:
Marik was very stupid, why didn't he play other monsters except Slifer? With only one monster he can't do anything except killing all monsters that Yugi uses to defend himself. If he used other monsters he could attack his life points...

To be fair he did play other monsters. He used Worm Drake, Humanoid Slime, and Humanoid Worm Drake in the first episode of this duel, not to mention Revival Jam. As for why he didn't summon more, it might've had something to do with him getting infinite looped before he could play any other monsters.

I'm finding it pretty entertaining how you're responding to my comments from 7 years ago. It sucks that I can't really answer to anything since I already forgot the details at this point. But keep em coming, lol
Dec 23, 2021 8:48 PM

Jan 2020
A dramatic end to the duel by running out of deck....I would like to see at least what's the final attack point of Osiris, lol
Dec 23, 2021 8:50 PM

Jan 2020
But I find it strange that Malik can't counter anything with all that cards he had....
Apr 13, 2022 1:09 PM

Nov 2010
Randomega said:
But I find it strange that Malik can't counter anything with all that cards he had....

During Yugi's main phase 2? Yeah, there's nothing he could've done there since Yugi's phase will not resolve unless Reviving Jam is destroyed. Malik couldn't play any trap or spell cards in his hand during that phase. Also, he got too complacent when he thought Yugi couldn't beat his strategy and he focused on just raising Slifer's atk power to the max. lol

Anyway,

That was an amazing counter! They're just stuck in Yugi's main phase 2. lol I guess that's why Revival Jam was nerfed hard after this match.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.