Forum Settings
Forums
New
It's that time again.
Jul 7, 2008 11:56 AM

Apr 2007
What are your expectations? I'm hoping for new trailers for a bunch games. :O

Edit: I guess this is a place for E3 announcements too.
PandaPuffJul 8, 2008 10:41 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2008 12:12 PM

May 2007
I usually try to tone down my expectations for all E3 events, so that way, when I see something somewhat interesting, I'm actually quite surprised.

Either way, because I'm still thinking about which next-gen console to get, I would like to see what games will be unveiled on the PS3. It's a known fact that In my opinion, ps3 quality games have been lacking since its release and I want a reason outside of Final Fantasy XIII (and Versus) to invest the necessary $500 for it.

And it would be nice to see some 3rd party quality games on the Wii - and rpgs for that matter too.
VK11Jul 7, 2008 2:42 PM
Jul 7, 2008 12:13 PM

May 2008
I wish I could goto an E3 convention some day, but they took away all the booth babes, So I think I lost a reason to go now..
Jul 7, 2008 12:31 PM

Jan 2008
vindemon64 said:
I usually try to tone down my expectations for all E3 events, so that way, when I see something somewhat interesting, I'm actually quite surprised.

Either way, because I'm still thinking about which next-gen console to get, I would like to see what games will be unveiled on the PS3. It's a known fact that ps3 quality games have been lacking since its release and I want a reason outside of Final Fantasy XIII (and Versus) to invest the necessary $500 for it.

And it would be nice to see some 3rd party quality games on the Wii - and rpgs for that matter too.

What is with people on here always confusing fact with opinion?-__-

Anyway, I want mah FFXIII, and Versus XIII to show more than just trailers this year. I want game play darn it.>.< Definitely want Killzone 2 to be there, i'm really looking forward to playing it. I also hope Square announces KH3 for the ps3.^.^

It'd be nice if Bioware announced M.E for the ps3.>______>

Jul 7, 2008 12:43 PM

May 2008
will blizzard be there???
Jul 7, 2008 12:43 PM

Oct 2007
BlueBikinis said:
I wish I could goto an E3 convention some day, but they took away all the booth babes, So I think I lost a reason to go now..

Yea, it was never really about the games was it? :-P

All sillyness aside. I wonder wich way they are going to go now, I know last year they did the E3 in hotels or something for all the journalists and I heared alot of negative feedback. I hope we recieve alot more new info about some off the upcoming games, from the top off my head I'm thinking Fallout 3, Starcraft II, Diablo III and Resistance 2. Maybe a bit off info or atleast a new trailer off FFXIII...

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jul 7, 2008 1:16 PM

May 2007
My hope is Nintendo can quell my fears and convince me they care about core gamers. That is all I want.
My anime list
Jul 7, 2008 1:46 PM

May 2008
I am excited to see the next gen stuff, as always. E3 has gotten a little watered down in recent years though...
Jul 7, 2008 1:57 PM

Sep 2007
Seeing how I only have the handhelds and a Wii, this E3 is has left me kinda meh, like the other times where I haven't had the systems. I'm hoping for some shocking announcements that can finally make me choose between a PS3 and a 360. >_<

mitamaking said:
My hope is Nintendo can quell my fears and convince me they care about core gamers. That is all I want.

They already have Wario Land Shake It coming, and no doubt they will give US gamers Fatal Frame IV. Other than that, we will have to think postive they have something huge planned at E3. My speculation would be the first look at the new Zelda game, the rumored Kid Icarus and maybe Pikmin 3, the revivial of the Kirby game and maybe a new Star Fox. ^_^
Jul 7, 2008 2:14 PM

Jan 2008
Kuronoa said:
Seeing how I only have the handhelds and a Wii, this E3 is has left me kinda meh, like the other times where I haven't had the systems. I'm hoping for some shocking announcements that can finally make me choose between a PS3 and a 360. >_<

mitamaking said:

They already have Wario Land Shake It coming, and no doubt they will give US gamers Fatal Frame IV. Other than that, we will have to think postive they have something huge planned at E3. My speculation would be the first look at the new Zelda game, the rumored Kid Icarus and maybe Pikmin 3, the revivial of the Kirby game and maybe a new Star Fox.^_^

That's the only way i'll buy a Wii before 2011.>_>
Jul 7, 2008 2:27 PM

Feb 2008
Im interested in knowing what this new halo game is if it shows up there(doubt it but yeh...halo2 and 3 were let downs 3not so much), maybe some new surprising games too, Hopefully a look at the new viva pinata lol i liked the first one just a good fun game to relax and play.
Jul 7, 2008 2:40 PM

May 2007
Gunbladewarrior said:
vindemon64 said:

Either way, because I'm still thinking about which next-gen console to get, I would like to see what games will be unveiled on the PS3. It's a known fact that ps3 quality games have been lacking since its release and I want a reason outside of Final Fantasy XIII (and Versus) to invest the necessary $500 for it.

Anyway, I want mah FFXIII, and Versus XIII to show more than just trailers this year. I want game play darn it.>.< Definitely want Killzone 2 to be there, i'm really looking forward to playing it. I also hope Square announces KH3 for the ps3.^.^

Ah, my bad. Sometimes I just type without really paying attention to what I'm actually writing down. Or thinking of a few things at one and combine things. Anyway, I shall go back and edit. :)

Jul 7, 2008 2:55 PM

Nov 2007
I want

more information on:
*Tales of the World: RM 2
*Tales of Hearts
*Sword of Legendia
*Arc Rise Fantasia
*FFCC Crystal Bearers
*KH 358/2 Days
*what platform Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on (Cuz I'm sick of wondering)

Trailers of:
*Final Fantasy XIII versus
*Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World in English
*Fragile
*FFCC Crystal Bearers

Announcements of:
*PS3 price drop
*new Tales game now
*Kid Icarus
federJul 7, 2008 3:00 PM
Jul 7, 2008 4:13 PM

Jan 2008
vindemon64 said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
vindemon64 said:

Ah, my bad. Sometimes I just type without really paying attention to what I'm actually writing down. Or thinking of a few things at one and combine things. Anyway, I shall go back and edit. :)

Haha, it's fine.>.>

feder said:
I want

more information on:
*Tales of the World: RM 2
*Tales of Hearts
*Sword of Legendia
*Arc Rise Fantasia
*FFCC Crystal Bearers
*KH 358/2 Days

Trailers of:
*Final Fantasy XIII versus
*Fragile
*FFCC Crystal Bearers

Announcements of:
*PS3 price drop
*new Tales game now
*Kid Icarus

I kind of doubt that will happen(Ps3 price drop). It's been doing well since November-now, so I really can't see why Sony would do another one so soon. I'll be pissed if they do though.>.<

Do not hope for just a trailer for Versus XIII, pray for game play and a release date.>___<
Jul 7, 2008 4:52 PM

Nov 2007
Gunbladewarrior said:

I kind of doubt that will happen(Ps3 price drop). It's been doing well since November-now, so I really can't see why Sony would do another one so soon. I'll be pissed if they do though.>.<

Do not hope for just a trailer for Versus XIII, pray for game play and a release date.>___<

I doubt it too. It's just wishful thinking.

Still, with the 360's price dropping left and right Sony's gotta do something if they want to compete in the US market...

I don't actually have a PS3, which is why I'm content with nothing more than a trailer for Versus, although I would like to know what combat style they plan on using: turn based or action RPG based.
Jul 7, 2008 6:10 PM

Jan 2008
feder said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Still, with the 360's price dropping left and right Sony's gotta do something if they want to compete in the US market...

I don't actually have a PS3, which is why I'm content with nothing more than a trailer for Versus, although I would like to know what combat style they plan on using: turn based or action RPG based.

The 360 only dropped their 20 gig I believe which they're about to discontinue for the 60. So that drop isn't lasting long(I think).

The ps3 has outsold the 360 here(US) just about every month this year, so that could be another reason they won't drop it.

I have one and anything other then actual gameplay will be disappointing(Same with FFXIII). I think it was already said it was action RPG. I mean the KH team is the one working on it so it might be. This is from wiki so believe it or not if you want:

"Within recent Japanese gaming magazine interviews, Tetsuya Nomura has stated that Versus XIII's gameplay will be a realistic derivation of Kingdom Hearts battle system with some elements of a third-person shooter - similar to Square Enix's Dirge of Cerberus. Nomura has also stated that the game will stave off the light and magical aesthetic of his previous directorial games (i.e. Kingdom Hearts) and opt for a darker, bleaker world that is intended to counter previous Final Fantasy installments. In formulating a realistic world, Nomura has stated that he wants the characters to be "believable" and thus realistic. As a testament towards his desire for realism; in the PlayStation Premier trailer, in contrast to previous Final Fantasy titles, Versus XIII had a greater display of graphic violence with an instance of blood.

Nomura has also stated in Dengeki PlayStation 2 magazine, that he aims to create previously unseen "tricky" battle sequences, reminiscent of the CGI film, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children"

Jul 7, 2008 6:51 PM

Jun 2008
Ah E3, I wish I could go. It's been a personal dream since '94, but I look foward to seeing what everyone has up their sleeves for the rest of the year.
Jul 7, 2008 6:51 PM

Apr 2008
I am hoping for:

- more gears of war 2 trailers.
- some more info on just cause 2
- Halo wars info
- saints row 2 trailers
- MOAR PROTOTYPE TRAILERS
Jul 7, 2008 7:01 PM

Nov 2007
Gunbladewarrior said:
feder said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

The 360 only dropped their 20 gig I believe which they're about to discontinue for the 60. So that drop isn't lasting long(I think).

The ps3 has outsold the 360 here(US) just about every month this year, so that could be another reason they won't drop it.

I have one and anything other then actual gameplay will be disappointing(Same with FFXIII). I think it was already said it was action RPG. I mean the KH team is the one working on it so it might be. This is from wiki so believe it or not if you want:

"Within recent Japanese gaming magazine interviews, Tetsuya Nomura has stated that Versus XIII's gameplay will be a realistic derivation of Kingdom Hearts battle system with some elements of a third-person shooter - similar to Square Enix's Dirge of Cerberus. Nomura has also stated that the game will stave off the light and magical aesthetic of his previous directorial games (i.e. Kingdom Hearts) and opt for a darker, bleaker world that is intended to counter previous Final Fantasy installments. In formulating a realistic world, Nomura has stated that he wants the characters to be "believable" and thus realistic. As a testament towards his desire for realism; in the PlayStation Premier trailer, in contrast to previous Final Fantasy titles, Versus XIII had a greater display of graphic violence with an instance of blood.

Nomura has also stated in Dengeki PlayStation 2 magazine, that he aims to create previously unseen "tricky" battle sequences, reminiscent of the CGI film, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children"

Ok. I don't read up on 360 news, so I didn't know it was just temporary. I also don't really read FF news (I don't have a PS3, so what's the point?), so I didn't know that either.

Really, the only reason I want to see a trailer of Versus is because I like watching SE CG vids and I like the char. designs for Versus. I doubt I'll actually be playing the game any time soon.
Jul 7, 2008 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
I'm really excited for Spore, and whatever Blizzard has to show.

Also, didn't they close E3 to the public last year and it's now an invite only event mostly for the professionals and media?
Jul 7, 2008 7:29 PM

Feb 2008
Factor said:
Also, didn't they close E3 to the public last year and it's now an invite only event mostly for the professionals and media?

Pretty much, its crappier now then what it used to be not shure all the specifics but they messed with alot of stuff and just downsized the whole thing.
Jul 7, 2008 7:32 PM

Jun 2008
Sephor said:
Factor said:

Pretty much, its crappier now then what it used to be not shure all the specifics but they messed with alot of stuff and just downsized the whole thing.

I thought it was always industry only, what years were open to the public?
Jul 7, 2008 7:42 PM

Feb 2007
JTSlayer said:
Sephor said:
Factor said:

I thought it was always industry only, what years were open to the public?

Every year before 2007 apparently.

Other than FFXIII and KH, I'm eager to see what Ubisoft is planning, since their Ubidays event in late May revealed that a Beyond Good and Evil sequel is in the works, along with an all new Prince of Persia game that's looking really awesome so far.

I'm also hoping to see what Naughty Dog is up to, and whether they are going to start that Jak online project that they mentioned a while back. Or whether they plan to return to Jak and Daxter at all.
Jul 8, 2008 4:31 AM
Nov 2007
I'm most interested in the big 3's press conferences. It's pretty much guarenteed that we'll get a teaser for the next Zelda game since it's been a year and a half and typically that's about the time after a major Zelda is released that they reveal another one. Also, Animal Crossing Wii will most likely be there, and maybe Pikmin Wii? Also really wanna see God of War 3. More Gears of War 2 stuff will be awesome as well. Hopefully Kingdom Hearts 3 will be announced.
Jul 8, 2008 6:39 AM

Sep 2007
BlueYoshi said:
I'm eager to see what Ubisoft is planning, since their Ubidays event in late May revealed that a Beyond Good and Evil sequel is in the works, along with an all new Prince of Persia game that's looking really awesome so far.

If it's anything like Ubidays, then it's good stuff for everyone but Nintendo that's what. The only thing upcoming from them on Nintendo consoles that interest me is Tenchu 4, and they are only publishing.

BlueYoshi said:
I'm also hoping to see what Naughty Dog is up to, and whether they are going to start that Jak online project that they mentioned a while back. Or whether they plan to return to Jak and Daxter at all.

Well, if the pattern follows. PS1 -> Crash PS2 -> Jak PS3 -> Uncharted. I haven't played the game but most likely a sequel is down the line. Jak was ruined for me. :( But if they managed something that interests me into the series again I'll play it.

death919 said:
Animal Crossing Wii

I forgot about this one. >_< This should be interesting if they finally show the game.
KuronoaJul 8, 2008 6:43 AM
Jul 8, 2008 6:52 AM

Apr 2008
Sephor said:
Im interested in knowing what this new halo game is if it shows up there(doubt it but yeh...halo2 and 3 were let downs 3not so much), maybe some new surprising games too, Hopefully a look at the new viva pinata lol i liked the first one just a good fun game to relax and play.

They are making a sequel, but I'm looking forward to Banjo & Kazooie, and GOW2.
Jul 8, 2008 7:02 AM

Sep 2007
Hey are we going to have another thread for E3 announcements or are you planning on editing your post PandaPuff?
Jul 8, 2008 7:52 AM

Jun 2007
My hopes for E3 have really fallen since they stopped making it a huge event in the gamers calendar. As Factor said, it is now a corporate event which has killed a lot of the hype surrounding it.

I suppose info on Gears 2 would be nice, as well as more info on Left 4 dead and Mirror's Edge.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jul 10, 2008 7:06 PM

Oct 2007
I really just want some more good info on FFXIII and Versus XIII. If I get that, I'll be satisfied.

Jul 10, 2008 8:04 PM

Oct 2007
Quite frankly, I'm not really looking forward to anything too badly. FFXIII isn't coming out this year so I don't expect anything from that and Versus XIII is even further away. I'll just sit back and hope for a few worthwhile announcements.
Jul 10, 2008 9:02 PM

Jul 2007
feder said:
I want

more information on:
*Sword of Legendia
*Arc Rise Fantasia
*FFCC Crystal Bearers

Trailers of:
*Fragile
*FFCC Crystal Bearers

Announcements of:
*new Tales game now
*Kid Icarus

This.

Also hoping for more footage of Megaman 9, Conduit, King's Story, Tenchu 4 and Fatal Frame 4.

I'd like to know when Bomberman is coming to Wiiware. And I'm curious as to what Nintendo will announce.

Lastly, although unlikely, I want to know what changes (if any) were made to ToS:KoR for the US release.
Jul 10, 2008 9:06 PM
Jun 2007
Those of you looking for new info on the FFXIII games are disappointed if you're looking for it from E3, because none of those titles are on their E3 list. Wait for the DKΣ3713 event in August.

As for me... I have to say, for the first time in a long time, I'm actually interested in what Square Enix has to show us. The only two games I don't really care about are Chrono Trigger DS and... that iPod game. Aside from that, I'd like a concrete release date for Tales of Vesperia in North America, as well as some new English media (preferably videos).

EDIT: And Fallout 3 info, too.
Jul 10, 2008 9:29 PM

Jan 2008
Square said FFXIII would be at e3. So until it's over I won't doubt their word. >_>
Jul 10, 2008 10:08 PM
Jun 2007
Gunbladewarrior said:
Square said FFXIII would be at e3. So until it's over I won't doubt their word. >_>

http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2008/0709/
Jul 10, 2008 10:33 PM

Jan 2007
I'm only watching E3 this year for news on Fatal Frame IV.
I'm likely to find other things that interest me, but that's the major one. (:

Jul 10, 2008 11:04 PM

Sep 2007
I'd like to hear anything about Nintendo's marketing and distribution plans for the next year. Those guys are about to drive me up a wall with their pathetic number of Mario Karts and Wii Fits sent out to top off the system itself, which still isn't something you can walk in the store and buy in some places.

Oh, and Home. LOLZ.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Jul 11, 2008 10:25 AM

Jan 2008
A new Zelda game on the Wii is what I'm expecting (Won't be surprised if nothing is shown) and looking forward to the most.

And stuff on the PS3 and Xbox 360, considering I want both consoles.
Jul 11, 2008 12:56 PM
Nov 2007
Well i guess its less then "in the good old days" *grabs a walking stick* But yeah some good surprises are always nice.^^
Jul 11, 2008 2:03 PM

Sep 2007
Syanaide said:
Those guys are about to drive me up a wall with their pathetic number of Mario Karts and Wii Fits sent out to top off the system itself, which still isn't something you can walk in the store and buy in some places.

Yeah I know, outside the internet I only found one copy of MKwii in stores. I still cannot get any game at the price right now so I'm hoping for a good reprint soon.
Jul 12, 2008 11:32 AM

Aug 2006
I want to know the truth about third version of Dual Screen. Nintendo, better don't dissapoint me.
Jul 13, 2008 9:55 PM

Jun 2008
Well I'm looking forward to Nintendo Conference, I would like to see some info on Animal Crossing, also there are some rumors about a new Kid Icarus game...
Jul 13, 2008 10:16 PM

May 2007
Repeat after me Square/Nintendo

Kingdom Hearts Thwii.

Plewiis.
My anime list
Jul 13, 2008 10:34 PM

Jan 2008
mitamaking said:

Kingdom Hearts Thwii.

Plewiis.

Dear God no.-_-

Ps3 + KH3 = win.^-^
Jul 13, 2008 11:41 PM

Apr 2007
Gunbladewarrior said:
mitamaking said:

Kingdom Hearts Thwii.

Plewiis.

Dear God no.-_-

Ps3 + KH3 = win.^-^
I love Wii but NO. Kingdom Hearts deserves the epic graphix of the PS3.

Jul 14, 2008 12:35 AM

Jan 2008
PandaPuff said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
mitamaking said:

Kingdom Hearts Thwii.

Plewiis.

Dear God no.-_-

Ps3 + KH3 = win.^-^

I completely agree. It's not me hating on the Wii, but it would be such a disappointment if it wasn't for the ps3.
Jul 14, 2008 2:24 AM

Jun 2008
PandaPuff said:

Graphix is nothing, gameplay is everything...and for this aspect Wii > Everything else
The PS is disappointing, with the PS3 you'll continue to push the same 4 buttons as 10 years before, but with better graphic, which is liek so c00l n' stuff...
Jul 14, 2008 3:24 AM

Jan 2008
Principe said:
PandaPuff said:

Graphix is nothing, gameplay is everything...and for this aspect Wii > Everything else
The PS is disappointing, with the PS3 you'll continue to push the same 4 buttons as 10 years before, but with better graphic, which is liek so c00l n' stuff...

All of that is a matter of opinion. In fact I think the opposite. The Wii has easily been the most disappointing console Nintendo ever. Never in the 20 years that i've been liking Nintendo and playing their products have I felt cheated like I have with the Wii. You have far more potential with the ps3 then you do with the Wii. If you think it's just simple graphics then you clearly don't know much about the ps3. It's the same reason capcom isn't putting RE5, on the Wii.

It always amazes me though when I see people get so butt hurt(not just here either) when someone says that they'd rather see KH3 come to the ps3 over the Wii. People act as if it started off as a Nintendo exclusive and people are trying to take that away from them.
Jul 14, 2008 3:33 AM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
All of that is a matter of opinion. In fact I think the opposite. The Wii has easily been the most disappointing console Nintendo ever. Never in the 20 years that i've been liking Nintendo and playing their products have I felt cheated like I have with the Wii. You have far more potential with the ps3 then you do with the Wii. If you think it's just simple graphics then you clearly don't know much about the ps3. It's the same reason capcom isn't putting RE5, on the Wii.

Potential? Like what? Graphic? Blu-ray? There's not an evolution of the interaction man-machine like it should be, you have still that pad but you can have orgasms watching at the video, playing with the same titles.

It always amazes me though when I see people get so butt hurt(not just here either) when someone says that they'd rather see KH3 come to the ps3 over the Wii. People act as if it started off as a Nintendo exclusive and people are trying to take that away from them.

Amusing, but, I'm not a fan of KH, I hate that game. However I always think that graphic is overrated, better graphic doesn't mean better game, so the fact that "deserve" means nothing.
Jul 14, 2008 4:10 AM
Jun 2006
wii is no evolution.. just look at the other motion sensor stuff that has come out earlier......

although I find some of the wii games funny, there are good xbox360/ps3 titles out there.

Although there are mainly crappy fps/sports games out there... there are some good ones :>

Jul 14, 2008 6:09 AM
Jun 2006
pretty sure its july 14th also :>

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

29 by Oofmastre9000 »»
5 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
5 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
6 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Today

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
6 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.