Forum Settings
Forums
New
It's that time again.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 15, 2008 12:37 PM

Sep 2007
feder said:

I am very depressed. I was hoping we'd at least get a new game announcement or update besides casual games... X_X

Yeah, Nintendo announced surprising stuff before E3 like Wario Land and Fatal Frame and such. Shame they didn't showcase them for US.
Jul 15, 2008 12:41 PM

Sep 2007
What's the lineup for the rest of E3?
Jul 15, 2008 12:52 PM

Dec 2007
There goes a God of War III teaser. No gameplay footage unfortunately. D:
Jul 15, 2008 12:56 PM
Nov 2007
iwubanime said:
New Madworld Trailer... don't click if you're under 18 :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MYPmbgrI0

Not a huge fan of what was announced by Nintendo at E3 but I did like the sword fighting. Although, I'll have to wait to see it in better quality (hard to follow since my live footage was kinda weak)
......Wow....O.O. I want to play that.XD But yeah people, keep in mind that press conferences are well for the press and just show the highest selling and games and games with allot of obvious new idea's. Oh and maybe its me but it seems like all the games on Wii are planned for 2008 while most others are 2009 or later.

Kuronoa said:
feder said:

I am very depressed. I was hoping we'd at least get a new game announcement or update besides casual games... X_X

Yeah, Nintendo announced surprising stuff before E3 like Wario Land and Fatal Frame and such. Shame they didn't showcase them for US.
Well you don't have to tell everything on the E3, i guess its a sign from them that they don't think the E3 is extremely important.
Jul 15, 2008 12:58 PM

Oct 2007
For the press = for the consumers i.e. us.

Lofoc said:
Well you don't have to tell everything on the E3, i guess its a sign from them that they don't think the E3 is extremely important.

I would like to mention Reggie himself said to look forward to E3 for big things back in GDC (IIRC).
HostileJul 15, 2008 1:01 PM
Jul 15, 2008 1:00 PM

Sep 2007
Okay my post for the Sony event is finished check back to my post for the summery.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=32477&show=80#msg1398578
Jul 15, 2008 1:03 PM

Dec 2007
ptdragon21 said:
There goes a God of War III teaser. No gameplay footage unfortunately. D:

Well.. at least they showed something to bring this big title to the attention.

On the conference on the whole, I liked how they did the presentation of Little Big Planet ^^
And the upcoming title MAG is also intense. 256 players online multiplayer O.O
Jul 15, 2008 1:08 PM
Nov 2007
Hostile said:
Ehm...thats not quite right, for the press is for the press. Its the same as with press conferences from someone like president Bush. They press listens and asks questions and then they give their public the information they want. I don't really like watching press conferences from president Bush either btw.

Hostile said:
I would like to mention Reggie himself said to look forward to E3 for big things back in GDC (IIRC).
Well yeah thats right, I'm guessing that game developers will be pretty interested to see the add-on for the Wii controller and the other new hardware they showed. But again whats interesting for the developers doesnt have to be directly interesting to the costumer.
Jul 15, 2008 1:08 PM

Sep 2007
Sony press conference was rather lackluster. Not a lot of exciting things were announced. Most interesting was the VIDEO STORE which will be launching tonight.
MAG looks awesome and I hope for more information soon.
Jul 15, 2008 1:20 PM

Jul 2007
New screens are up of Rune Factory Frontier! Hurray!!

I just saw the Animal Crossing trailer, it doesn't look that bad. Always wanted to try a AC game out.
Jul 15, 2008 1:25 PM

Sep 2007
Iwubanime what site are you going on?

Oh and http://www.cubed3.com/news/10427

Rhythm Heaven (Rhythm Tengoku Gold) is coming to the US!

Nintendo redeemed for me.
Jul 15, 2008 2:33 PM

Jul 2007
Gonintendo / Wii IGN

Wii Music trailer up. Love the Mario song, was hoping for some Zelda :-( Game looks pretty cool, but from what I've heard of the gameplay, I don't think I'll get it...

EDIT: Conduit trailer up. I'm really disappointed... the weapons all seem like machine guns / handguns with stylized bullets. I'm not really an FPS person so the weapons in (oldschool) Perfect Dark and dare I say Duke Nukem 64 are what make me like those FPS games. I really hope they have some cool weapons they haven't shown :-(
iwubanimeJul 15, 2008 3:12 PM
Jul 15, 2008 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
wow that sony press confrence was pretty good, resistance 2, gow3, and MAG those all pretty much look amazing, and they are all exclusive,

First Sig built from scratch 2nd overall^^^
Jul 15, 2008 4:05 PM

Sep 2007
Capcom's conference coming up 7:30ET!

Sites say a surprise Wii game is going to show up or something so I'm going to check it out at G4's site.
Jul 15, 2008 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
Lofoc said:
Hostile said:
Ehm...thats not quite right, for the press is for the press. Its the same as with press conferences from someone like president Bush. They press listens and asks questions and then they give their public the information they want. I don't really like watching press conferences from president Bush either btw.

Hostile said:
Well yeah thats right, I'm guessing that game developers will be pretty interested to see the add-on for the Wii controller and the other new hardware they showed. But again whats interesting for the developers doesnt have to be directly interesting to the costumer.

I can understand what you're getting at but for the most part, when you talk to the press, everyone knows the message gets relayed to the people. Especially for E3, where the most new game announcements are always made.

You're just wrong on the second part though. GDC (Game Developers Conference) was the time to show to developers the MotionPlus add-on. E3 is not the place if you want to get developers interested. The exact quote from Reggie in GDC '08, by the way, was "what we're going to announce at E3 is going to be fantastic, the gamers are going to be excited" and "we're going to unveil the whole second half during E3." SOURCE
Jul 15, 2008 7:47 PM

May 2007
Sony's conference was meh, except for new Ratchet and Clank, I love those games, and Resistance looked good, Nintendo's was meh except for maybe Wii Sports Resort(I have to admit I will get it for the Motionplus and maybe sword fighting, but if I have to throw frisbees I will scream, that is something I actaully do in real life) and Animal Crossing, BUT THERE IS NO MOTION CONTROL IN ANIMAL CROSSING.

My brother keep on telling me today, Nintendo announced Brawl late, don't lose all faith in Nintendo, there is still Tales games coming right.

And Microsoft's sucked except for 4 words Final Fantasy for 360.

All in all I am disappointed, especially if the Capcom conference(where another Wii game was suppose to be announced) really was all about the Lost Planet movie.
My anime list
Jul 15, 2008 11:30 PM

Feb 2008
Haha, I love that this has a poll.

Anything huge been announced? I've been wondering if Sony might do something big for the PS3, which is this gen's system I want (sorry, Wii. D: ). Price drop, new model, supercrazyawesome update... you know. I don't have the drive to research the new announcements. :P
Jul 16, 2008 3:36 AM

Dec 2007
Not much going on atm with the playstation 3. They introduced a 80gig model which will be available around september for the same price as the 40gig now. Most great games are coming out end this year but mostly begin 2009, so no hard facts on great games atm, only that we know they are in the making.

And kuronoa made a great overview from the sony presser some posts back..
Jul 16, 2008 3:59 AM

Jan 2008
All of the Conferences were rather meh this year.-____-

I thought it was funny though watching g4 that they only played Sony's and Nintendo's conference once, and M$ conference about 4 times. Can they please not be so openly biased. They're like MSNBC(the liberal channel>..>).
Jul 16, 2008 4:10 AM

Dec 2007
True, but that might also be due to the fact that a lot of companies dropped out of the e3 and the whole organization.

All they actually did is announce new games which most likely won't come out this year. It seems that Spring 2009 is going to be a good time with lots of games coming out.
Jul 16, 2008 4:17 AM

Jun 2008
Not to familiar with this franchise but could this be the '08 "Bioshock"??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxeW1SQzaAM

Jul 16, 2008 4:31 AM

Jan 2008
SNDK said:
True, but that might also be due to the fact that a lot of companies dropped out of the e3 and the whole organization.

All they actually did is announce new games which most likely won't come out this year. It seems that Spring 2009 is going to be a good time with lots of games coming out.

Probably. The games i've seen at e3 have been really good(Fallout 3, Prince of Persia, Mirrors Edge and Dark Void), and I plan to get a lot of them. I'm sure my wallet with think me later.-.- I am glad Sony finally has done the "greatest hits" thing. Cheaper games ftw.^_^

I think Fallout 3 might be the game that takes GOTY away from MGS4.

GunbladewarriorJul 16, 2008 4:34 AM
Jul 16, 2008 5:05 AM

Sep 2007
Capcom's conference sucked it was just a Q&A for the Lost Planet movie (and David Hayter is doing the screenplay)

However, we discovered Dead Rising Wii from Famitsu! Capcom redeemed.
Jul 16, 2008 5:15 AM

Jun 2008
Kuronoa said:
However, we discovered Dead Rising Wii from Famitsu! Capcom redeemed.

Was this their mystery announcement?
Jul 16, 2008 5:21 AM

Sep 2007
JTSlayer said:

Was this their mystery announcement?

Most likely yes, rumors stated "new take on a next gen favorite". Dead Rising fitted this critera.

edit forgot the info!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=49582
Jul 16, 2008 5:29 AM

Jun 2008
Kuronoa said:
Most likely yes, rumors stated "new take on a next gen favorite". Dead Rising fitted this critera.

I was expecting something truly new, but this still cool. Well, at least it's better than Wii Music.........
Jul 16, 2008 7:39 AM

Sep 2007
Jul 16, 2008 9:00 AM
Nov 2007
SNDK said:

Thats is if there aren't too many games that will get delayed....

Oh and nice image.XD So that would make...sony the 3th?
Jul 16, 2008 9:04 AM

Mar 2008
JTSlayer said:
Not to familiar with this franchise but could this be the '08 "Bioshock"??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxeW1SQzaAM

You made me rage.

Fallout used to be a complete topdown Rpg, they changed it to Oblivion with guns.

They made it a Fps except easier with the "stop time choose place to hit" Mode.
Jul 16, 2008 7:26 PM

Jun 2008
Arthur_the_51st said:
They made it a Fps except easier with the "stop time choose place to hit" Mode.

Yeah, I looked at it and went "What's the point of manually aiming". There's got to be a limit to that or something.
Jul 16, 2008 8:26 PM

Oct 2007
Update: Pikmin is in development

I've never played Pikmin before. I did not own a GC and only started playing GC games when I bought a Wii. Pikmin costs a lot now so I can look forward to this and Little King's Story for my Wii strategy fix.
Jul 17, 2008 5:06 AM

Sep 2007

YES!! I loved the Pikmin games.

In other news:
Gradius Rebirth for Wiiware
Jul 18, 2008 11:26 AM

Oct 2007
So what I took away from E3 was I should be excited for:

- Bayonetta (hot girl wearing glasses and a tight suit w/ guns, guns on heels and crazy-ass hair)
- Fable II (it was a toss up a few months back between Too Human and Fable II but now...)
- Fat Princess (the previews make the game sound fun)
- God of War III (well I'm not actually too excited after a lackluster trailer but I'll buy it)
- Prince of Persia (the action looks crazy)
Jul 21, 2008 7:51 AM

Apr 2007
This Year's E3:
Winners: Microsoft ( FINAL FANTASY XIII ! ! ! *orders a 360* )
Losers: Nintendo ( Just nothing that was intresting... )
Sony landed on neutral ground

And as for the individual games:
Oh sheesh... that's just way too much!
But I guess I could go through the big ones

FFXIII: Finally for the 360! I just hope that FF13 versus will come for the 360 as well...
( even if it's a longshot )

Gears of War 2: I wasn't impressed by the previous GoW, but Gow2... Yeah, definatley!

Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant is NOT the same game! For some reason I thought they were... >.>;;

Fallout 3: I'm disappointed... It's not a bad game... BUT... it's first person T_T

Mirror's Edge: DICE... I just love them
( not because they're swedish developers and I'm from sweden but ) they just keep pumping out great games
( even if Battlefield 2142 was an epic failure ).

Resident Evil 5: More than I thought it would be, so I was a bit surprised. It does have potential.

Fable 2: I did dig up some developer video diaries so I had seen a good portion of what they showed already. One thing however was that you could invite friends to your world! :O

There are more to write... but I'll say:
Just browse: Gametrailers' E3 2008 Coverage
ZealotusJul 21, 2008 7:57 AM
----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.12 '''(Updated: 29/05/15)'''
GCM/GCS d s:+ a C++(+++) UL-- P L+(-) E-- W++ N++
o? K? w++(++++) O--- M--- V-- PS@ PE+ Y+ PGP++@
t+ 5 X+ R++ tv b DI D++ G e h!* r* y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

10 by Jensenessy »»
5 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
7 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

28 by Timeline_man »»
7 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3716 by Jeritorias »»
Yesterday, 9:57 AM

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - Apr 19

3 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Apr 21, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.