Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2011 4:15 PM

Aug 2009
This website's got only 'anime' in its name which is sort of unfair to the vast world of manga out there. And on top of that, this club doesn't have a manga topic either! Hence, to save the day correct this injustice, comes this thread :D

Here you can discuss what manga you're reading, suggest a manga, bring to light some little known manga - basically, talk about anything manga-related (yeah, I'm writing redundant things, as if the title weren't already self-explanatory).

Btw, posters should keep spoilers under the spoiler tag!

I hope there are enough manga readers to keep this thread going. I haven't read a lot of manga myself, especially compared to the number of the anime I've seen, but I've been getting more interested in it lately.
Currently (as in the last two days), I've been catching up with Kuroshitsuji. I had had it on hiatus for ages and yesterday I finally decided to start reading it again (thank you, Justice for the recommendation). And damn, it's getting really good (will probably marathon it over the next few days), hope it stays that way.

Another manga I'm really enjoying atm is Afterschool Charisma. I accidentally stumbled upon it and its premise got me intrigued.
metamorphiusSep 8, 2011 3:58 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 5, 2011 5:03 PM

Feb 2009
im not a big comic fan at all, its hard for me to read it when the images are forced into my mind, i enjoy breathing my own thoughts and creations into a story not the authors. not to hate on manga or comics those are just my thoughts I have tried to read one but that was all i could think about was the damn pictures! though i would be interested in starting a manga were the anime left off, but im lazy....lol
Sep 5, 2011 7:48 PM

Aug 2009
Yes, I can see where you're coming from, I've met several people who had similar issues with comics.
I guess I love comics in general (except for those American superhero ones, not my cup of tea at all). I'm sure it's partly because I've been exposed to them since elementary school and my whole family reads them (heh, not manga though, but mostly certain Italian comics).

Oh, yeah, I hate it when an anime I love just ends with no sequel at sight while the manga's ongoing. I've started reading several manga because I HAD to know what happens next, for example D.Gray-Man and Kuragehime.
metamorphiusSep 5, 2011 8:04 PM
Sep 6, 2011 3:35 AM

Jul 2010
When i got to understand that many animes i used to watch were adapted from mangas and thus have different endings or are unfinished i was really frustrated because i always prefered watching rather than reading but i'm trying to read as much as i can even if i hate scans tbh >< (making my eyesight worse x_x)
I think that the first mangas i've read online was Peacemaker kurogane but i dropped it after few chapters then a friend got me to read Ichigo 100%, I's.. even if id didn't finish them yet for various reasons.
Anyway, my favourite mangas ever till now are Angel Sanctuary and Saiyuki. I just love Kaori Yuki and Kazuya Minekura's art and stories. They're amazing !! I'm trying to read all of their stuffs (Count Cain/God Child are a MUST READ !!) .Another manga entering my favourites list is Berserk. I watched the anime out of curiosity but then i was completely hooked and absolutely had to know what really happens. It's brilliant really !! Also in my list there's Pet Shop of horrors which i highly recommend. It's full of mysteries, lengendary creatures...If i had to describe it it'd say it's really delightful. I was really sad when it ended i couldn't get enough !! There's a sequel named Shin Pet Shop of horrors but i couldn't get it yet ><
I like Clamp's art too. The only manga i rea dof them was xxxholic but i'm planing on reading Tsubasa chronicles/ X and RGveda in the future.
I'm also reading Loveless by Kouga Yun and it's not really shonen ai at 100% as the anime could suggest it. After reading the manga it turned out to be something else, it's really good, i'm a huge fan *o*
Also Hellsing is greatness.
That's it for now !
Sep 6, 2011 4:18 AM

Aug 2009
r3yn said:
When i got to understand that many animes i used to watch were adapted from mangas and thus have different endings or are unfinished i was really frustrated because i always prefered watching rather than reading but i'm trying to read as much as i can even if i hate scans tbh >< (making my eyesight worse x_x)

TOTALLY agree with that.
I'll write more about what I'm currently reading when I get back home tonight.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Sep 6, 2011 4:38 AM

Aug 2009
@r3yn
I very much agree with what you wrote. I also hate unfinished endings. I prefer watching to reading (when it comes to anime/manga, with movies/books it's vice versa), especially because I don't like reading off the monitor (like you said, it's actually not good for my already damaged eyesight). That's partly the reason why I like shorter manga. Speaking of short manga, I have to recommend a one shot called Hotel, I totally loved it.

Nice to hear Godchild is good, I plan to read it since someone already recommended it to me, and it's supposedly kinda similar to Kuroshitsuji. Oh, Count Cain is Godchild's prequel? And it's rather short! *adds it to the ptr list*
I love Pet Shop of Horrors, great stuff (though I have read only several chapters so far)! And Hellsing is totally my favourite manga!
Btw, is Ichigo 100% good? A person recommended it to me, saying it's great, but I hate most harems, so I don't think it'd be my cup of tea.
metamorphiusSep 6, 2011 4:42 AM
Sep 6, 2011 5:33 AM

Jul 2010
metamorphius said:

Nice to hear Godchild is good, I plan to read it since someone already recommended it to me, and it's supposedly kinda similar to Kuroshitsuji. Oh, Count Cain is Godchild's prequel? And it's rather short! *adds it to the ptr list*
I love Pet Shop of Horrors, great stuff (though I have read only several chapters so far)! And Hellsing is totally my favourite manga!
Btw, is Ichigo 100% good? A person recommended it to me, saying it's great, but I hate most harems, so I don't think it'd be my cup of tea.

Actually, God Child is Count Cain's Sequel, it's not a different story it realtes what happens next. It's smiliar to Kuroshitsuji in terms of era i think but it's darker.
I read Ichigo 100% like maaannyy years ago till the 4th volume i remember i enjoyed it. I think i dropped it because i couldn't find the rest of the volumes and got a little bit annoyed by the main character. It was entertaining at that time.
I don't really read this kind of manga right now but give it a try it's not bad.
r3ynSep 6, 2011 9:06 AM
Sep 6, 2011 10:44 AM

Aug 2010
I have started to read manga regularly not so long time ago.

Currently I have been reading Imadoki. I don't like Shoujo that much in anime, but gosh reading manga in a train to the big city makes my mornings brighter. I do some trips with trams during my work time. Even the destinations aren't so far away the trams are very slow so I have tons of time to entertain myself with a manga. :) ( and of course I choose the longest way, evil me!)

I borrow my readings from the library, so what I'm reading depends so much what's available in the library. Last time I borrowed first 2 volumes of Hellsing. I was a very lucky girl!

Sep 7, 2011 2:38 PM

Aug 2011
http://myanimelist.net/manga/11514/Otoyomegatari
This one is an all time favorite of mine. Beautifully drawn with a wonderful story set in in a far away land...same author as the famed Emma stories. I would love to see this one animated but it is a long shot. Yes, slow to be translated, but worth it. 19 chapters so far...for those of you who want to take a different path with regards to manga adventure and romance...this one may prove just right for you!
Sep 8, 2011 12:57 AM

Aug 2010
I do LOVE manga, anime have the moving pictures/sound thingy but manga still have the beauty of the art ;)

both are beautiful for their own reasons
I just finished reading "hana no kishi" and I up to read the whole manga of IS~otoko demo onna demo nai sei~ but now I'm watching the drama of that.

manga that I recommend is Rose of the Versailles as the manga of manga's
everyone who loves manga has to read this even as a part of the history of manga :)
(ง`▽´)ง
Sep 8, 2011 2:28 AM

Aug 2009
r3yn said:

Actually, God Child is Count Cain's Sequel, it's not a different story it realtes what happens next. It's smiliar to Kuroshitsuji in terms of era i think but it's darker.
I read Ichigo 100% like maaannyy years ago till the 4th volume i remember i enjoyed it. I think i dropped it because i couldn't find the rest of the volumes and got a little bit annoyed by the main character. It was entertaining at that time.
I don't really read this kind of manga right now but give it a try it's not bad.

Aha, OK. Tnx for clarifying. I will definitely give both of them a try!
And I could check Ichigo out too when I'm bored enough :)

@Cebollita
Wow, Cebollita, I've never heard of that manga before, but its art looks intricately beautiful and detailed *-* <3 I have to add it to my ptr list. I'm totally not a romance fan, but this one doesn't look like your average romance anime, plus it's tagged 'historical', and I'm sucker for something like that.

@makazeharuka
I've planned to watch Rose of Versailles anime for ages now. Since you've both read the manga and watched the anime, could you tell me which one is better in your opinion. Does the anime follow the manga closely?
metamorphiusSep 8, 2011 3:53 AM
Sep 8, 2011 2:36 AM

Jul 2010
Lumikki said:

Currently I have been reading Imadoki. I don't like Shoujo that much in anime, but gosh reading manga in a train to the big city makes my mornings brighter. I do some trips with trams during my work time. Even the destinations aren't so far away the trams are very slow so I have tons of time to entertain myself with a manga. :) ( and of course I choose the longest way, evil me!)

Imadoki was the first manga my hands toutched and my eyes read T^T (well the i only have the first volume xD i had to look for the rest somewhere else r_r)

@Cebollita : i'm definitly going to check Otoyomegatari when i can !!

I watched The anime of Rose of Versailles yeaaaaars ago @.@ Is it different from the manga ?
Sep 8, 2011 9:35 AM

Aug 2011
@ r3yn and metamorphius
I hope you two will read the manga I mentioned. it is a wonderful story filled with both romance and drama and well, adventure. Historical? Yes, and so that I do not spoil it, you will just need to read it and fawn over the details of the drawing style. I did mention this manga is written by the same mangaka who did the Emma series...that one has since been animated. Two seasons plus one special...I enjoyed the series. ^^
Sep 18, 2011 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
I started reading Otoyomegatari last night and it's pretty good so far (I've read 6 chapters); quite different from most manga, both in the story and art department.
Tnx for the recommendation, Cebollita ^_^
Sep 18, 2011 1:51 PM

Aug 2010
metamorphius said:

@makazeharuka
I've planned to watch Rose of Versailles anime for ages now. Since you've both read the manga and watched the anime, could you tell me which one is better in your opinion. Does the anime follow the manga closely?

The truth is that the anime went under a bit of censorship though its totally worth your time.
What was censored it was the yuri tones here and there the manga has
for example Oscar gets to kiss several women in the manga when in the anime she kisses none (which personally irritated me because I love yuri way too much)
there are not much that could be changed though since the plot line follows historical events.
BeruBara is considered the greatest shoujo manga in history and one of the greatest manga in general. there is another fact about this magnificent work, it made it to the theater before the anime in fact when anime came out in 1979 the musicals were already running for 5 years (and still running today) Ikeda sensei even wrote special side stories to be play scripts :)
here an example of how they do it in theater XDD
(ง`▽´)ง
Sep 19, 2011 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
I saw Otoyomegatari in my local manga store and wow, it looked very cool, when I got some extra money I will def buy it!

Currently I'm reading Under the Glass Moon, it's a Korean manga. I like the art, but the the plot is not that special. But if someone likes gothic style manga, I highly recommend it.

Sep 19, 2011 10:22 AM

Aug 2011
metamorphius said:
I started reading Otoyomegatari last night and it's pretty good so far (I've read 6 chapters); quite different from most manga, both in the story and art department.
Tnx for the recommendation, Cebollita ^_^

You are welcome, Meta-san. I plan to read the manga you told me about...by the same author of the Natsume/Madara stories. I was able to finally download it...so, after I watch my anime episodes, I will start reading. Thanks again.
Sep 19, 2011 12:39 PM

Mar 2010
Awesome a manga discussion! I myself prefer reading the manga than watching the anime in my opinion the manga is almost always better, well if it was the original it makes sense. Lets see currently reading Hourou Musuko and am so excited that Skip Beat and Soul Eater updated recently. I feel like manga has a better variety for the sole fact that I can get a bigger shojo fix. X3
Sep 19, 2011 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
I dug my Rurouni Kenshin manga out of storage, and I forgot how much I loved it. There's a final story arc that was, unfortunately, never animated. The OVAs cover Kenshin's past, like this story arc does, and one shows a brief version of Kenshin's fight with the final boss, but that's about it. It's especially a shame if you like the side characters, like Sanosuke, Yahiko, Saito, and Aoshi, because they get a lot of showtime in the last story arc of the manga.
Sincerely, (and possibly, with much ferocity),

zoroken
Sep 23, 2011 1:43 PM

Aug 2009
I'm currently reading a very interesting (freakin' awesome!!!) manhwa. :D It's Korean, but don't let that stop you. There are some amazing stories out there that are by non Japanese creators, you just need to be less skeptical about it.

So this is a Korean, internet only manhwa. This means two things.
1. It's not published, aka you cannot find it listed here in MAL.
2. You can find it online on mangafox, and the good thing with not being printed is that it's all colored!! yes, ALL pages are.

The story involves noble vampires, but it is very unique as a story. It takes place in the modern world and the feeling of it is hard to describe, but I'll just say that you can easily get hooked with it.
Bare with the art for a few chapters as the creator is still finding the style fitting for the story, but after that it gets VERY good. I'm sure many of you will enjoy it if you give it a try!

I'm so happy meta is enjoying Kuro!! yayz! :DD
JusticeUndoneSep 23, 2011 1:47 PM
Sep 23, 2011 6:26 PM

Jan 2010
@ Justice

I might just look into that since you know I really like the Korean stuff too. I need to find some more Korean anime's.

Currently I reading Usagi Drop on Chapter 39 now and I'm dying to finish it. It's been really addicting, I just want to find out what happens.
Sep 24, 2011 4:40 AM

Aug 2009
oh great! tell me what you think if you start it! :)

btw the page on MAL is again up. I dunno what's going on.. but I'll add it until it dissappears again. Here it is: http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=29983

I want to pick up Usagi Drop, but I think I'll watch the anime first to get an idea of it.
Sep 24, 2011 8:06 AM

Aug 2009
@Makazeharuka
Thank you for the info. I think I will first watch the anime and then, if I like the anime enough, will check out the manga.

@Nibchan
I also feel that manga can have a greater variety than anime; in a way manga are not as constrained as anime which often suffer from lack of budget, limited set of episodes (especially with 12-episode long anime), pressure to include fanservice (e.i. fan catering) though a lot of manga are not free from this either but it's not as present.
Also, manga/manhwa can be more experimental, especially those titles that are 'published' only online.

Btw, is Soul Eater manga better than the anime. I think I could start reading it when I have time. How many chapters have been published so far?

@Justice
Would you believe it if I said I actually had considered reading that manhwa? The only reason I still haven't started it is because I don't have enough time.

Speaking of manhwa, I'm not knowledgeable on them, but the one I really enjoyed was Nineteen Twenty One; it's a shoujo (not my favourite genre) but it's not cliche plus plenty of time is devoted to cats (for a cat lover like me, that's a big plus ^_^).

I caught up with Kuroshitsuji and am enjoying it quite a bit.
metamorphiusSep 24, 2011 8:16 AM
Sep 24, 2011 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
@meta

... i won't believe that's a coincidence.. but reading the plot of this manhwa you wrote me about.. it's like reading my life. i'm not even joking. 19-21 are the years i feel i lost too.
when i was 19 sth terrible happened in my life, I lost someone close to me. And then I was lost, became ill, hurting inside till I was 21. At 21 i discovered vidding, and a whole new community on youtube which literally saved me from getting depressed or worse. And then at 22 i started Japanese and being more into anime, which saved me as well in its own way. I met new people and i experienced many things. I feel like this manhwa is meant for me. I still have chills while writing! *_*
Btw, it's really interesting to notice how most manhwa have ratings over 8.. I have started being a real big fan of them recently. I'm even starting to think of picking up a few Korean.
JusticeUndoneSep 24, 2011 5:35 PM
Sep 24, 2011 5:51 PM

Jan 2010
@Justice

Do Manhwa's usually have an alternate anime?
Sep 24, 2011 6:23 PM

Aug 2009
@Himari

as far as i know, unfortunately no.. :/ I know there are some animations made in Korea and China, but I don't think they have anything to do with these. Especially those internet manhwua aren't even published.. which for me is not a very bad thing since i get to see it all colored! :)
Sep 24, 2011 6:55 PM

Jan 2010
@Justice

So they just put the Manhwua on the internet. Wow, wonder if there even getting paid for that.
Sep 25, 2011 8:44 AM

Aug 2009
Yes, they put it on a website and then some group of people have taken it and translated it in English. I don't think they're getting paid.. but not sure if there is some form of other merchandise or not. It would be cool if they created a K-drama from it though.
Sep 25, 2011 9:10 AM

Aug 2009
@Justice
I no longer believe in coincidences either.
I am really sorry to hear you had such a hard time, but I'm glad you managed to get through.
I hope you will like the manhwa.

Speaking of manhwa, yeah, a lot of them never get to be published or widely known. There are some cases when a manhwa which was originally a webcomic becomes popular enough and is then published (as was the case with Nineteen Twenty One). Then there are those manhwa that are serialized normally, just like manga, for example Shin Angyo Onshi (pretty good stuff) but there aren't many of them, as far as I know.

The Breaker is another pretty good manhwa, though I have checked out only several chapters (gotta get around to reading more of it >.<)
metamorphiusSep 25, 2011 9:37 AM
Sep 25, 2011 11:36 AM

Jul 2011
The Breaker and The Breaker: New Waves are in my top favorites for Martial Arts :3 thought the 2nd season is not as good as the first imo.

Noblesse is just pure win hands down. Korean Manwha have recently been making a push into popularity. Also, for those wanting to read the latest Noblesse chapter, go to the scanalator's group site at Easy Going Scans >:3
Sep 25, 2011 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
I like manhwa too, but I'm very bad at reading things online. I'm so old-fashioned I l know.

Noblesse looks very interesting, I must try to read that online.

Sep 26, 2011 5:03 PM

Aug 2009
Lumi-chan, I think that you SHOULD DEF check out Noblesse!!! *iz obsessed* O.O
Sep 27, 2011 3:45 AM

Jul 2010
I remember watching Shin Angyo Onshi OAV without knowing it was adapted from a manhwa i really liked it !
Unfortunately i don't read many manhwa mainly because i rarely find them. One of my favourites and wich i could finish was Model by Lee So Young (i need to update my list !) It's a vampire story. The art may look a bit weird but it didn't bother me i actually found it beautiful so yea check it if you can. I also started a yaoi called The summit but i still can't find the rest >,<
Sep 27, 2011 11:43 AM

Aug 2011
http://myanimelist.net/manga/7166/Soil
This one is one I have been interested in reading for some time now...off-the-wall type mangas appeal to me.
My favorite manga site...

@ meta-chan
How are you liking Otoyomegatari so far?
Yae-YaeSep 27, 2011 11:49 AM
Sep 30, 2011 8:21 AM

Aug 2010
@Justice

Hmmmm.. wondering how many pages it would be if I printed it to the paper? xD

Anyway, it was so embarrassing today when I was in the train back home and reading Mint De Kiss Me by Yuu Watase and I totally laughed it! I just couldn't help myself :') For my luck there wasn't so many people in the coach by then.

Yuu Watase is def my favourite mangaka. Her stories are so epic sometimes. Very good example is Perfect Lovers, where the couple in crisis were accidentally transferred to the another dimension.

Oct 1, 2011 2:35 PM

Aug 2009
@Cebollita

I haven't had time to read all available chapters of Otoyomegatari, I'm only through chapter 8 so far. But I haven't changed my opinion of the manga, I still like it quite a bit, the art is as beautiful as ever and it has several very interesting characters (beside the main characters).
metamorphiusOct 1, 2011 2:46 PM
Oct 11, 2011 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
Very late reply @metamorphius

I love the Soul Eater manga and I think the direction it goes in is a lot better than the anime. I'd say you should read it, it's at around chapter 90 I think. Yes manga seems to be less restricted at part with anime but when I find out that a manga I love is going to be turned into an anime I usually go out and watch it. Seeing your favorite characters talking and moving is something else after just seeing them in picture form for a good while. Man I haven't been on here enough lately. Stupid school getting in my way. XD
Oct 12, 2011 10:22 AM

Jan 2010
My post was taken down...

SO, what is the reason you watch the anime before the manga? If you read the manga first, does it ruin the anime?
Oct 12, 2011 4:20 PM

Jul 2010
I usually watch animes first because i'm too lazy to read the mangas which kinda pisses me off most of the time because they both can have different ending or scenarios.

If the anime has some kind of open ending/unfinished and i feel it worth it, i can make an effort and read the manga like i did with Saiyuki, Deadman Wonderland and Berserk but if the anime is sort of the same as the manga i sick with the anime like Bleach.

On the opposite, if i start with the manga, there are high chances that i won't check the anime since it probably won't be faithful to the manga at 100% so i don't see the point of watching unless it's an OAV of 2 or 4 episodes.
But it can depend on my moods xD
Oct 13, 2011 2:07 PM

Aug 2011
Noblesse sounds interesting! I've added it to my manga to check out on MangaFox. :)

The series I'm reading regularly right now are mostly Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, and Mahou Shoujo Kazumi Magica. I've been mainly picking up shorter series by Ema Tooyama, Naoko Takeuchi, and then a couple other series about cooking/food for now.

I just finished Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. It was really good! I think I liked the anime a bit more because it brought you into the experience somewhat easier, but I'm glad I saw both. I'm also caught up with Ikoku Meiro no Croisée. I really love this story. The anime is gorgeous as well. I thought the manga Hatsukoi Lunch Box was adorable, but there isn't a lot translated yet. At the end of each chapter are recipes for the bentos they make in the stories! How cool! :) Koko ni Iru yo! was a cute manga. I was one of the quiet girls in school, so this story hit home. The ending was kind of cheesy, but I still liked it. :)
Jasujo.png
Oct 24, 2011 8:59 AM

Aug 2009
@Nibchan
Thank you for your response. I think I will start reading Soul Eater manga after I finish anime (which could take some time but w/e).

@Jasujo
I have Madoka manga on my ptr list. I kinda want to read it so I can compare it to the anime.
Is Kazumi Magica any good?

Couple of days ago I read Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan, the highest ranked manga on MAL. Was it good? Definitely! I do think it's overrated, but it's pretty different from most manga and deals with some difficult questions. Usually we read manga for entertainment, but every now and then it's nice to read something meaningful in a different way (maybe I'm not making any sense here). Several people said they cried reading the last chapter and even though I was skeptical it did make me shed a tear (though not bawl xD). Overall, I gave it an 8, perhaps it was closer to 8,5, but blame MAL for not having decimal ratings.

Now I'm reading (not counting ongoing manga like Bleach, D.gray-man, Fairy Tail, Enigma, Kuroshitsuji, Kuragehime, Umineko etc. etc.) Solanin. It's pretty good so far.
Dec 3, 2011 8:23 PM

Aug 2011
Is anyone reading Twin Spica? I've just finished Volume 10 and none of my friends read it so I can't discuss it with them.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Dec 6, 2011 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Just finished reading Death Note. Its finale is much, much better than the anime's.
Dec 6, 2011 11:06 AM

Aug 2009
Pockycrusader said:
Is anyone reading Twin Spica? I've just finished Volume 10 and none of my friends read it so I can't discuss it with them.

This is the first time I hear of that manga. I just checked it out though, and it got me intrigued. Judging by the art, it may seem directed at younger audience, but it's listed as seinen, so I think I could add it to my ptr list.

I just finished Enigma. While it started really interesting and fresh (especially considering it was being serialized in a shounen magazine), it started going downhill after the end of the first arc (which was pretty good and intriguing imo). Several last chapters were totally weak and hastened (I'm sure the fact the manga got cancelled contributed a lot). In the end, I couldn't give it more than a 6.

I started reading Justice's suggestion - Noblesse. I'm currently at chap 50; so far, so good.
Dec 9, 2011 10:30 AM

Sep 2009
Reading Ibitsu....what is this I don't even.

I'm at chapter 5, my room is pitch black and I'm alone at home...yet why is that I don't feel a bit scared.

I...I...I thought that it would make me shit brix but so far I'm only clicking on the next page just to see that loli girl kill off pplz.

>mfw she'll finally off the MC

Dec 9, 2011 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
I read Ibitsu a couple of months ago. It was not quite scary, but creepy, that it was.

Reading Petshop of Horrors. So far, I really like it - it's right up my alley.
Dec 9, 2011 12:54 PM

Sep 2009
Alright finished Ibitsu...pretty weak I have to say.

The whole story was awesome, it was an awesome read.

But I found it funny how the protagonist was such a pussy. Honestly how hard was it just let her inside at that time when he was with his friend during the so called "blackout" and beat the shit out of her?

He was running around like a pussy all over the place instead of overpowering her. If I was him and I had a bro next to me, I would of beaten the shit out of her and placed her in chains for a few days.

Finally I would of sent her to a mental institution and would drop by every now and then to tell her how bad of a sister she is.

Honestly this is all the MC's fault for not taking responsibility...all of this could of been prevented. My guess is that his little sister was in that body-bag they found at that hospital, meaning she was still alive.

I remember knowing a VN with a story similar to this. The audio and translation was uploaded on Youtube...lemme see if I can find it...can't find it T_T

anyways it was through the middle of the video where everything goes silent, then a laud thunder is heard and the girl goes "Onii-chan!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with that yandere voice...oh internets!
Feb 19, 2012 8:35 PM

Aug 2011
@ metamorphius - don't let the cutesy art style fool you. Twin Spica reminds me of a lot of Ghibli films. They get you to let your guard down long enough to punch you in the gut with something really emotional. Since the characters look so young and simple, the expression of sorrow taps into that parental instinct and it makes it much more effective at making you cry. Or at least want to cry.

I've started reading Durarara, and I just finished the latest release of Fairy Tail. I really wish that they'd stop writing inaccurate summary blurbs on the back of Fairy Tail. What they give as an "omg major thing" is over and done with in a chapter or two. I realize that writing the summaries for manga is difficult because they have so many chapters and storylines stuffed into one book, but they could be a little more choosy with their summaries.

I have been reading Enigma. The first few chapters, detailing the strange little game they were trapped in and the origins of their powers were very interesting, but you're right, as the series wore on and they got into the second arc it did get weaker.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Mar 3, 2012 3:43 PM

Aug 2009
@Pocky
Tnx for the answer. I think I'll add it to my plan to read list.

Hahah, yeah, they do that in Fairy Tail.
Speaking of Fairy Tail, after 250 chapters, I don't care much for this manga anymore.
Mar 8, 2012 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
Anyone here besides me still reads GANTZ?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.