Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2011 11:11 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was very disappointed in how this third installment of Lupin III ended, especially when compared to the other 2 part's ending.

I seriously thought for a while that Goemon disappeared when he jumped out that plane however many episodes ago. maybe I'm not paying enough attention, but this episode did not feel remarkable in any way; they even had to tell viewers in the end that it was the last episode!

Oh well, in a couple weeks, 4th part will be starting and I'm totally looking forward to how they work a TV series after 26 years.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2014 4:43 AM

Oct 2009
Mossad is intelligence agency of Israel, but they showed the flag of Kuwait:

HawthorneKitty said:
I seriously thought for a while that Goemon disappeared when he jumped out that plane however many episodes ago.

He appeared only two episodes ago, in 48
SerhiykoAug 31, 2017 4:17 PM
Feb 19, 2018 2:36 AM

Jan 2012
In which Lupin hijacks a Soviet nuclear sub and Fujiko tries to sell it off to the highest bidder as we end our series. Nothing really to say for the finale, another fairly standard episode. So let's move to final thoughts. Overall, this was definitely the weakest of the four main Lupin series and Fujiko Mine. It had the weakest character models, especially Fujiko from around episode 16 through 45. The stories felt repetitive and tired at times, and I can see why it was the last Lupin series, not movie or special, for 30 years if you don't count Fujiko Mine, 27 if you do. That said it was still fun, and I don't think I'd consider it a bad series. Surprisingly I think Goemon probably had the strongest string of episodes. I'd willingly give it say a solid 7 out of 10.

And with that, I've officially watched all of the main Lupin series. If I were to rank all the Lupin series this is the order I'd give them:

Part II
Part IV
Part I
Fujiko Mine
Part III

I'm looking forward to Part V in April. :)
May 14, 2018 12:21 AM

Feb 2015
The threads for this series were composed of some of the cringiest and lamest comments and “discussions” I’ve seen on this site. I mean, I really shouldn’t be surprised at this point, but it’s still extremely depressing. Pink jacket is best Lupin, don’t @ me bye
Mar 24, 2019 7:04 AM

Oct 2012
Awww I really like it, but the ending is too abrupt
I guess this is the last time we'll ever see the original cast (other than Fujiko) in TV anime
There are lot of specials but I can't decide which one to watch other than the famous Castle of Cagliostro because of Miyazaki

I'll miss the OP & ED too :(
"Signature removed"
May 10, 2019 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
This was OK finale episode. Surprised how it doesnt feel like it was last episode until I saw they actually announced at the end this was the last episode of part III.

Anyway this part was truly MiXeD BaG for me. Not bad but very disapointing if compare to the last part. It sure started different changing every single thing from opening style to even music!! even after finishing all the way I am still pissed off! One of big part of the show's charm - the music was incredibly meh and so does the OP/ED. who thought this was good idea!? thankfully later specials/part/movies never really even thought this way changing everything.

Speaking of character designs, I feel like they were never confident with their choice. First 15 episode had different which was originally intended to and then rest 15 episodes again changed and then at last 10 episodes they brought up somewhat part ii character designs. Notably Goemon continued to looked better while Fujiko's design was getting worse.

Above problem are quite minor but actual problem for this part lies around the writing and direction. If one thought part ii was too lighthearted and now this part even raises it to a whole new level. It was too playful and there was barely was any serious moments and had tons of deus exs. Given that there was no director for this part really explains how the directions felt all over the place making most midst episodes quite lackluster. They borrowed one of my less favorite element (Bait And Switch) of part II and featured it too many episodes. Still there were few interesting episodes that really standout otherwise this season was too goofy for me and ultimately in the long run doesn't leave upto any later seasons/movies/special.
removed-userMay 10, 2019 4:04 PM
Aug 20, 2019 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
Kind of underwhelming for the last one, but it had such absurd moments that at least it was funny. Goodbye Part III.
May 9, 2021 7:55 AM

Nov 2016
It had some mildy entertaining episodes, but overall it felt like a part that could be skipped and you wouldn't miss out on anything.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 14, 2022 3:15 PM

Dec 2021
Fun last episode, but THAT ONE GUY from the CIA is voiced by Toshio Furukawa! I have no citation for this, but my goodness, every quadrant of my brain is telling me that.

I had fun with this series. Not a masterpiece, but it was a damn enjoyale anime. I just wish they kept the artstyle of the 1st cour, since I really liked how it looked then. 8.5/10
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 1 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 19, 2011

21 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 3, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 10 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 16, 2018

4 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 19, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 5 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 15, 2018

6 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 14, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 2 Discussion

Serhiyko - Jun 3, 2014

9 by Drozdz8000 »»
Sep 12, 2023 11:48 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 13 Discussion

-Adam- - Mar 23, 2013

16 by SourNote2014 »»
Jun 7, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.