Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Aug 14, 2020 3:35 AM
Jul 2019
Should I feel bad for Shirley? She died but it's kinda her fault. You're just a bystander while the one you're trying to support is the most wanted man on Earth. Despite being close she doesn't know anything. He is fighting but he's not alone and you should know that. He's Zero for crying out loud. Though her speech was sad to hear.

Rollo, what did you do that for? Sad that you're a fake brother and can't hold a candle to Nunnally? So much for being useful.
Aug 18, 2020 10:37 PM

May 2015
When shirley started walking into the danger zone, without the safe guardian Suzaku. I knew it was the end. I just thought Jeremiah was gonna make this episode a tragic one.

I hope he finds out who did it.

Great episode.
Sep 23, 2020 11:55 PM
Dec 2016
Thank God, FINALLY. Shirley has annoyed me from day one. As an archetype, I've always hated stupid characters, useless characters, but mostly stupid and useless characters. Aka Shirley/every bad heroine ever. Don't get me wrong, I understand her point in the narrative, but yo, your dad was killed in battle with your friend the terrorist and you're just going heart eyes at him anyways. Forgiveness is great and all. Still, I couldn't force myself to be interested in Shirley's painfully cliche "I'm just your average highschool girl who knows that my highschool crush must be the man of my dreams because fate" storyline. Sure the show added more depth to her than that, but she still falls within that archetype.
Side note, I love Rollo. He's the quiet kid in the back humming Pumped Up Kicks.
Oct 11, 2020 10:00 AM
Jul 2020
Woww... RIP Shirely.. That was emotional.
Dec 10, 2020 11:20 AM

Oct 2014
it should have been nina instead wtf rip shirley:(
Mar 15, 2021 7:27 AM

Sep 2020
NO SHIRLEYYYY,NOOOOO,:(((((((((((((((

Wow tho,i like jeremiah so much in this episode,although he going to lelouch route,idc,shit happens

jeremiah>lelouch,dont @me
Apr 12, 2021 9:04 AM
Jul 2017
what the heeelll???

this is pretty fucked up, why shirley must be die? oh by the way, the new opening is good, happy to hear flow again in the opening
Jun 27, 2021 4:57 PM

Apr 2018
New opening and ending, godly.
Orange joins Lelouche's side and Shirley dies because of Rollo.
Lelouch will be mad af if he knows about that.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 17, 2021 7:24 PM

Jun 2021
I already predicted the death of Shirley.But I never imagined rolo kill her.This time lelounch never going to forgive rolo.In anyway he will get rid of rolo.Orange boy joined with Zero..
Aug 15, 2021 5:09 AM

Feb 2018
Shirley nooo.. :' Dammit Rolo, you might be a Geass victim as well but damn. I did NOT expect this to happen.. meh
Sep 20, 2021 12:49 PM

Jan 2021
At first Lelouch’s plan was to use Rolo for his geass but since then Rolo has proven himself so I was hoping he would be treated well but that won’t be happening anymore and orange joining Lelouch felt too easy but it’s good and that was sad man
Sep 22, 2021 8:08 PM

Aug 2018
not sad at all about Shirley's death...

i really hope Lelouch doesnt find out Rolo killed her though, I was starting to like him and Lelouch being on the same side and being buddies. Oh well...

Oct 11, 2021 9:15 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, So Shirley died, looks like Lelouch will be furious
Nov 5, 2021 5:10 PM

Sep 2016
This was so stupid. I couldn't help but laugh at Shirley's death, honestly. The writers literally couldn't think a better way to kill her? Just sending her running straight after Lelouch, even though it's completely dangerous, just for her to not do anything besides die then and there. It made it feel cheap and dumb, so that's why I couldn't help but laugh. But looking at the bright side, I did have fun with it haha

Now just one thing that's been bugging me:
I don't get how Lelouch can do many of the things he does with so little to no time. He almost always seems to have a detonator-like switch that magically triggers n different things to happen (gas fog, the thingy on top of the train...)
It just makes zero sense to me, and I hope someone in the future can explain to me how and why, if even there is one outside of being lazy conveniences to move the plot foward.
Dec 7, 2021 3:47 PM

Aug 2017
Fucking Rolo, he killed Shirley.

At least Orange is working with Lelouch now.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 10, 2021 1:04 PM

Mar 2021
I prefer this OST for some reason although it’s still not the best. Poor Shirley kinda feel bad for her but she’s stupid for still calling out for lulu. WTF orange-kun has to be bluffing and that little shit Rolo killing Shirley in 1 ep its 2 much!
Apr 23, 2022 4:19 AM

Jul 2017
No Not Shirley dying !!!! i didn't expect this to happen
May 25, 2022 5:22 AM
Apr 2016
Shirley going after Lelouch when she could have escaped with the police was really stupid, it was like she wanted to kill herself or something, it doesn't make any sense.
Jun 28, 2022 10:53 PM

Dec 2021
i watched that final scene over and over ...

brings tears to my eyes ..

Shirley truly loved Lulu .. loved him , found out he was Zero , saved him , forgave him , lost her memory , got new memories transplanted in her , loved him again , regained her memories of all the trauma a year ago , chose to forgive him once more and love him again ..

keeping it a buck , Shirley deserves her nomination as Best Girl
(~too bad the competition is stiff :'( ~)

welp .. safe to say Rip Rolo .. cuz once Lelouch finds out , the fake Kid Bro is dying

------

on yeah , and shoutout to Sir Orange for joining Lelouch gang .. he'll make a fine addition indeed
Oct 5, 2022 3:48 PM
Jun 2016
This episode was so sad...
i loved Shirley so much, she didn't deserve to die like this
Nov 5, 2022 6:16 PM
Jul 2022
hooolyyyyyyy...
Dec 23, 2022 5:26 AM
Apr 2021
amazing plot twist ep
Feb 7, 2023 2:11 AM

Nov 2022
ORANGE: YES, YOUR HIGHNESS!
Feb 20, 2023 6:50 AM
Feb 2023
Upon rewatching Code Geass 3 times including the recap movies, all the plot holes, dumb writing, plot conveniences & contrivances became more apparent.

The Highly praised ending Zero Requiem also makes no sense and feels contrived and forced to gain sympathy for Lelouch

10mins of pathos sequence and the grandiose opera soundtrack sadly can't fix all the plot holes, dumb writing and contrivances.
He could've kept the throne and made change happen differently. Even the upcoming sequels can't fix any of these.
These are irrefutable facts and the people who watched the show for the first time are blinded by the ending.
Mar 12, 2023 3:37 AM
Feb 2019
WTF SHIRLEY MUST DIE?????????????
Apr 13, 2023 7:12 PM

Jul 2022
ROLOOOOOO!!!!!!
May 31, 2023 6:58 PM
Apr 2022
wow what the fuck just happened
Jun 8, 2023 12:59 PM
May 2020
i just wanna be loved like shirley loves lelouch
Jun 11, 2023 3:59 AM
May 2017
Rolo overreacted. Shirley won't have been a hindrence and what's with the sudden change in Jerimiah's behavior.
Jul 15, 2023 4:02 AM
Aug 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I can not stop crying
Sep 27, 2023 7:20 PM
Jul 2020
No puedo creer lo de Shirley:( y encontré un poco raro que Orange este de parte de Lulu nose si sea tan cierto pero al parecer si se nota que es leal y espero este del lado de lulu realmente. Que gran desarrollo de personajes. Rolo habrá matado a Shirley? Espero que no pero es el principal sospechoso
Oct 19, 2023 8:09 AM
Sep 2023
Excellent and very good
Oct 27, 2023 1:44 AM
Aug 2021
pesado demais, a Shirley só se ferrou a série inteira, merecia mais.
Nov 19, 2023 8:38 AM
Oct 2023
Rest in peace Shirley. really will miss her. and i believe this is gonna impact Lelouch in some shape or form. will be inetersting to see what will happen with rollo and lelouch now because he killed her. Also princess cornelia and V2 is her uncle wtf.well, cant wait to see what will happen next. And Orange boy being loyal to Lelouchs mother is also interesting. an ally of Lelouch i really didnt expect
Dec 7, 2023 12:41 PM
Nov 2023
AWESOME EPISODE
I loved everything about this episode
Jan 10, 8:51 AM
Sep 2016
This show is so absurd. Just for mentioning Nunnally, Rolo kills Shirley. The hair-trigger on that kid, jeez. I didn't find him to be *that* unstable up until now. Crikey. Also, how does Shirley have any idea what the hell is happening? You'd think she would think she's totally insane if suddenly all these different realities came to be in her mind. Oh well, chalk it up to the power of the geass, I guess.
Jan 26, 12:47 AM

Sep 2017
well this sucks

shirley shouldnt have run into the station just bcoz lulu was alone.

rolo shot her in the heart.

new opening and ending are nice

this shot was neat.

double pog

shirley just changes mind very quickly

viletta is showing signs of quick change

why did she use zero's channel.

honestly, if shirley wanted to persuade rolo, she shouldn't have used a gun menacingly. knowing the mask everyone has, she should have been somewhat paranoid, especially when she asked him to help bring nunnally back when rolo took his place.

in any case, the geass canceller means lelouch can geass again, like what happened with shirley. she ded tho.

but yeah rolo sure likes his brother so much he would kill for his bro

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 15, 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
This was the first bad episode of the show for me, because the writing is starting to handwave big things away.

First off, why the hell did the boys not even ask Shirley why she almost threw herself off a damn roof?

Second, Shirley basically saying she's forgiven Lelouch (for killing her dad!) is just unceremoniously dumped in the middle of the episode with no meaningful amount of time spent on her coming to that choice. A terribly written character overall, implying she'll keep falling for a dude who basically ruined her life.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.