Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2008 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, wow that was depressing. I dont even know what to say, you have to have balls to end the second season of such a pioneering show like that.

Just tell me Char's not dead. That's all I need to know.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jul 5, 2008 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
Cihan said:

His story isn't over yet :)
Jul 28, 2008 3:57 AM

Feb 2008
Astaroth said:
Cihan said:

His story isn't over yet :)

Yeah, Cihan, you saw the remains of his Hyaku Shiki floating around towards the end right? ;)

Plus, the movie after ZZ ... heh.

And yeah, pretty depressing ending, but still good.
Aug 2, 2008 8:08 PM

Feb 2008
Another Kill Fest lmao. Well, it encompasses a few episodes anyways.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Aug 3, 2008 9:32 PM

Aug 2008
Lots of tragedy for sure. But, I liked Zeta Gundam and it's ending.
Aug 4, 2008 6:23 AM

Feb 2008
Even after a week or so though, I'm not sure what to say about the outcome with Kamille. I can't decide if it would've been happier if he died or not, pretty tragic fate for him. But, he's epic in ZZ!
Aug 4, 2008 6:28 AM

Jan 2008
Thinking back on Kamille's fate, I think I'm satisfied with it. I now actually love that moment where he opens his visor in outer space. Its such a wtf disturbing moment that foreshadows his mental problem, and come on, this guy has gone through way more than Amuro, I mean in the beginning of this show he watches his parents get killed infront of him! The dude goes through so much crap in this series, its not surprising he'd completely lose it.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 4, 2008 1:09 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah that scene came out of nowhere, it was pretty crazy. I liked it a lot too.

I guess it really is understandable someone who'd go through all of that could potentially lose it. I'm sure that's a pretty realistic reflection of real life events (war) as well. Just, really sad though. :(

He's pretty lucky to have Fa stick by his side till the end.
Aug 12, 2008 11:18 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, just wow. I really never expected such an ending as that, after the happy ending of MSG especially. I actually really liked this ending more though, even though it's so depressing. That was pretty damn amazing.

Aug 13, 2008 3:07 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, after such a serious series I guess one shouldn't expect such a happy ending. Now that I've been away from it for awhile I can say I really like it, I just still think it's kind of "sudden", there's no real last appearances or anything like that.

Dark stuff, but it fit the mood and it's great! Also, Scirocco has probably one of the most epic death scenes of all time. His body is pierced by the freakiing tip of the Zeta's jet form Wave Rider, then with his very last breath he reaches out to destroy his killers mind completely ... insane. That is an epic way to go.
Aug 24, 2008 8:22 AM

Aug 2008
For me, it was like Eva in that I initially hated it to no end, but after time and thought accepted it for what it was. A ballsy, depressing ending that made sense once you'd seen the anime all 50 eps through. I'll always remember THAT ending.
Sep 7, 2008 12:36 AM
Jul 2008
I really loved the ending, too. In classic Tomino fashion, we don't have any narration at the end saying stuff like "the Titans lost their power and influence and Haman retreated to Side 3...etc." It just leaves you with a few seconds of Kamille being totally loopy, an eclipse and then the Hyaku Shiki flying by. I feel like the last few episodes of the series, with so many characters dying who you sympathize with (Emma, Jerid, Katz, etc.) and even those you don't (Bask, Yazan, etc.) the point that is being driven home is that war is disgusting, and that is echoed in Kamille's last hurrah as he overcomes Scirocco.
Sep 19, 2008 8:54 AM

May 2008
I think I'm one of the only ones that was really dissatisfied with this ending. I mean, I never really warmed up to Camille (or Kamille, whichever) all that much, but he didn't really deserve to go out like that. Was it a ballsy ending? Hell yes. But it just wasn't to my personal taste. However, watching Double Zeta made me feel a lot better about it. Camille really redeemed himself over the course of that series. Well, at least for me.
Dec 28, 2008 11:57 PM

Jun 2008
That's one of the most depressing ending I've ever seen.

Too bad ZZ starts off with comedic antics :(
Apr 24, 2009 3:18 PM

May 2008
Christ almighty!! Did anyone survive in the end? (apart from ...r)?

I did feel that the end was rushed quiet abit. To compensate, the writer(s) decided to kill off leading characters maybe?

Overall, felt quite disconnected with all the emotional aspects of all characters involved. Definitely does not compare to Turn A Gundam's ending and the poignancy of Sophie screaming her heart off at the river bank... camera pans to the milky way with that haunting end theme.... sniff...
mcnazApr 24, 2009 3:22 PM
Jul 20, 2009 5:46 PM

Mar 2009
Holy shit, not that I hated the ending but to actually end suddenly like that...It makes me want scream arrrgh...poor Kamille.

Kamille finishing Scirroco by ramming Zeta on Big O like that was really something.

In the end, the last ten episodes were really good. They kinda made up for a good part of the series if not whole of it. Which was good, but its as far it goes, Zeta was a good Gundam Series. Highlights, Kamille and mechanical designs, particularly loved the transformable suits and armors.

Jul 31, 2009 10:50 AM

Jul 2008
Just finished it about 10 minutes ago, and man was that intense! Char and Kamille both made a lot of daring moves, and I felt horrible for Emma's death at the beginning. I'm planning on watch ZZ now.
Oct 20, 2009 8:35 PM

Feb 2009
Wow what an ending, I don't really know what to say.

The way Kamille defeats Scirocco was really something, and the way he died really gave me goosebumps... it was epic.

Poor Kamille, it's really sad, he really went through a lot, I guess he just snapped and lost it... but I liked the ending, it was tragic, it fits such an intense and serious story.
Dec 31, 2009 9:56 AM

Jan 2009
Well those were some really depressing last two episodes. I don't really know what to type right now as i just finished the series. The ending was epic, i am definitely excited to watch ZZ now though. Great series, had a lot of ups and down but an epic ending, overall an 8/10.
Mar 28, 2010 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
big climatic battle, don't worry about char- he'll be back!
the zeta absorbs life force... the force will be with him always. too bad it seems kamille lost his marbles at the very end.
as for sciraccao's question as to what it is: "ITS A GUNDAM!!!!!"
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 26, 2010 2:18 PM

May 2009
Everyone dying for the win.

I was quite disappointed with this anime, especially after hearing how amazing it's supposed to be.
It was too slow for me and I just couldn't get into it. I didn't really like any of the characters or the plot, and felt like most episodes were just random, uninteresting fights between the A.E.U.G and Titans.
Jul 5, 2010 2:02 PM
Nov 2009
Hmm for me, the death of captain Henken(?) was the worst, with Kamille losing his sanity coming in at a close second. I must say though that I am one of the people who didn't really sympathise/understand a fair few characters, Emma being just one.

Also, felt quite dissatified that Kamille or Char didn't finish off Haman :/
Aug 1, 2010 1:34 AM

Apr 2009
Finally... this mess is over... I can't believe how much potential was wasted here... what a monumentally sloppy execution this series had... I don't maybe I should try the movies maybe there I'll get to see the story as it was supposed to be shown... well at least the finalle was ok...
Aug 10, 2010 8:46 AM

Oct 2008
I enjoyed this one a lot and I think it's better than 0079.
I loled at the names: Quattro and Four. Quattro means Four in Italian so basically it's the same. And yeah, Paptimus Scirocco!

Anyway...
The animation in this one was quite spectacular for a 30 year old anime. It was sad like the rest of the Gundams I watched so far too. Also I think Kamille was an awesome protagonist.

And yep, Char rocks!
Aug 25, 2010 12:19 AM

Sep 2009
An epic ending.

I was expecting something more to happen in the end, after Kamille went insane.
Nothing did, and that just made it all the more bittersweet.
Sep 15, 2010 8:21 AM

May 2008
Well, I'm overhelmed by the ending. Not a perfect choice to end a series but the pressure what I felt during the latest episodes kinda remained in me. It was really depressing especially the conclusion for Kamille. I don't really know whether he's gone completely crazy or lost his memory but it was impressive. He really has my respect for going through so much and it's really understandably why he did become like that. Scirocco's death was also epic for such an antagonist like him.
Oct 12, 2010 1:59 AM

Apr 2009
Great ending! Seems that Kamille will finally be able to slow down and start enjoying his life from now on! xD Or maybe not. Guess we'll find out it in MSG:ZZ.=]
Nov 27, 2010 8:44 AM

May 2010
Wow, they pulled out a pretty rare card here. I've only seen a "main character goes insane" ending a few times, but every time, it gives me the fucking goosebumps. It's way more unsettling to me than a final death, because at least that has some sense of closure to it. This was beautifully poetic too, with the themes of the cyber-newtypes reflected in Kamille's fate, and great foreshadowing when he opened his helmet a few episodes ago.

Of course, I can guess why everyone hates zz now. I'm willing to bet they turn Kamille into a comedic character, pretty much ruining the end of this show. Ah well, now on to zz to see for myself if it's as bad as they say...
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 6, 2010 11:39 PM

Feb 2010
Ending fits this show perfectly IMO. I felt more so empty than depressed with the ending...really gets you thinking what's the point in fighting a war based on different views and opinions on what's right and wrong, when it is all subjective. Just to set the stage for future wars and bloodshed cycling forever.

godamn this show is making me pretentious at the moment
Dec 19, 2010 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
stAtic91 said:
Everyone dying for the win.

I was quite disappointed with this anime, especially after hearing how amazing it's supposed to be.
It was too slow for me and I just couldn't get into it. I didn't really like any of the characters or the plot, and felt like most episodes were just random, uninteresting fights between the A.E.U.G and Titans.

This!!

Seriously this show doesn't even come close to the first series.
I don't really care about the ending but the new characters where not good enough with many of them being obnoxious most of the time (and imagine i didn't even like the characters of the first series but suddenly they seemed golden in-frond of this guys), the newtype psycho bullshit reached new levels of stupidity in this one and the worst was the randomness. Fights seemed to unfold out of nowhere making you think you missed something on the previews episode or you skipped an episode. The story wasn't progressive at all. It just jumped from one event to the other just like that and the most stupid thing is that despite the whole jumping around and throwing fights, the show still seemed many times to be boring and slow.

I also want to say that Z Gundam has an ugly face and that the opponents this time were completely uninspired. Only that Scirocco guy looked to have some potential but it was never realized. The war it self was just a messy nothing. When fighting with Zeon you knew what it was all about. Now they kind of seem to be fighting just because they had to made another season.
Jan 24, 2011 2:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Wow, what an ending.

Poor Kamille. If you think about it Scirocco actually did him more damage than if he had killed him.

I have to say that the death I mourn the most is that of Lieutenant Emma. She was one of the better characters in the series. Strong and dependable and yet caring at the same time.

And loved the last bit with Char's mobile suit drifting in space.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 31, 2011 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, that was spectacular!

Doesn't beat the ending of 0079 with Char's epic bazooka headshot though.

On to ZZ now.. But no Char! *cries in corner*
Feb 9, 2011 5:23 PM
Sep 2007
Exactly what happends, in the anime, when you remove a visor in space? The "soul getting dragged to earth" has something to do with it, right?
Mar 6, 2011 7:49 AM

Aug 2009
Good ending, if sort of inconclusive, but I guess since there are so many sequels it is to be expected.

So Kamille lives, but he's loopy now? Interesting...

I overall liked this series way better than the first MSG. With the first one I actually skipped over quite a few episodes just to get to the parts with Char, who I thought was really the only interesting part about the series. But with this series I watched and enjoyed the whole thing. I really liked Kamille. I know people complain that he was an annoying jerk compared to Amuro in MSG, but I liked the not-so-nice aspect of his personality which I thought made him more interesting. And I mean, he was still obviously a caring person, just didn't always show it, which I can sympathize with.

I don't know if I will watch ZZ given what I have heard of it, even though I would like to see more of Kamille. Char's counterattack may have to be added to my PTW though. And Unicorn. I have heard great things about Unicorn.
Mar 22, 2011 8:16 PM

Aug 2009
wanted to add that I just saw the movie version of the ending...

I did love how they animated Haman's mannerisms in the movie though, SO cool, I mean she doesn't need better animation to be cool by any means but...anyway, I liked that aspect a lot.
May 19, 2011 11:19 PM

Dec 2007
What a strong ending to an otherwise weak show.

Between plotlines that went nowhere for episodes on end (good to see Rosamia come back...of course she died minutes later, huh), to character actions that made no sense (Reccoa? WTF?), to the choppy animation (the original show wasn't pretty by any means, but it looks like Ghibli in comparison to some of this poorly animated mess), and finally to the plot points pulled seemingly out of Tomino's ass (oh, Zeta Gundam's powered by the war dead. Didn't you know?).

This show is BY FAR the most overrated anime series I've ever finished. Was it still crap? No. A handful of characters (Char, Bright, Emma, later Kamillle, Haman, and Scirocco) and their interactions single-handedly saved this show from being absolute garbage. I cannot understand why diehard Gundam fans piss all over latter shows like 00 and Seed, but defend this show. The show that set the standard for several of the shittiest plot points for those two shows.

There are a few fantastic scenes in this series, but to get to them one must make their way through ridiculous amounts of bad writing and uninteresting characters.

Overall: 5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2011 7:37 PM

Dec 2009
i just kept freezing silence after this episode ends
with just a near to cry.
felt sorry for the tragedy end of Kamille

zeta is no doubt the best gundam series and the best mecha anime of all time.
Jun 27, 2011 2:05 PM

Sep 2009
So tell me guys...what was the lesson to learn here? There were a lot of contrived monologues rambling about how we're supposed to understand each other and whatever, but I fail to see the point in any of it. MSG had one of the best storylines I've seen in anime, but Zeta just doesn't follow with its oft nonsensicality and randomness (the superpowered Zeta at the end, romances that pop up from nowhere, yadda yadda). Perhaps the depressing ending is the only way that Tomino could have made this a memorable piece of work, because this is what I'll remember the show by: anyone who doesn't show up in ZZ artworks died. 6/10
Jul 5, 2011 10:38 PM

Mar 2009
Very disappointing.

A potentially great series ruined by daytime soap opera drama.
Jul 29, 2011 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
Last episode was pretty meh except for the ending. They almost tricked me into liking this series by doing what they did to Kamille. It was a very good ending.

Now that's out of the way, Zeta was a mess. Characters being whiny and sometimes acting downright retarded were very annoying. And not because they were selfish teenagers under extreme circumstances, but because the writers made it so obvious that it was a convenient way for them to create conflict. Mecha battles took litteraly more than half of the show, I find it amusing when someone praises Zeta for its plot when there was so little time to properly develop it. And the battles weren't even that memorable, with too many times the outcome feeling like a kick in the nuts. If this is considered the best Gundam, then my expectations for the rest of the metaseries has just reached new lows.
Aug 1, 2011 7:21 PM

Jan 2009
Zeta Gundam was disappointing for me. I had high expectations to see this anime after finishing the first gundam and foremost, was waiting for a war as epic as the "One Year War." I didnt see it.

6.5/10 for me.

Zeta had kept Amuro as protagonist and Char as villain, keeping their rivalry, would be better.
bereta002Aug 1, 2011 10:28 PM
Oct 24, 2011 12:38 PM

Sep 2008
Overall I liked this show, but ending was meh in my opinion.
Guess I'll go to watching Char's counterattack now, since well, Char is my favorite character in whole Gundam universe so it figures I want to see as much of him as possible.

And I feel really sad they didn't show what kind of connection Char and Hamam (Haman?) had before this sh?? started happening. I just feel like it would have been really great story in itself.
Nov 17, 2011 5:08 AM

Jun 2009
I'm shaking.
... re-watched the last minutes several times dammit.
The ending of a really great impact.
Dec 12, 2011 4:57 PM

Jun 2008
i expected a much better ending ;_;
Dec 31, 2011 1:25 PM

Jan 2010
A lot of people disliking Zeta it seems.
I will have to agree with the fact that it IS a vastly overrated series. It wasn't half of what I was expecting it to be. The problem I had with the show was the poor execution of the plot and practically non existant character development. Episodes seemed disconnected and filled with random battles between AEUG and Titans. However, I liked some bits of the show and it was an overall enjoyable ride. Not my favorite Gundam series but up to par with 0079. 8/10.
Apr 24, 2012 10:09 AM
Nov 2010
What an epic ending. I wasn't expecting that at all. I really didn't like Kamille much but I admit it, that poor boy's been through a lot.
Scirocco's death scene was great, very intense.
I had to remind myself that there's a movie called Char's counterattack, I was panicking already XD

Overall, 7/10. Why? Well, first of all, for some reason I didn't feel any emotional connection with any of the new characters.
Most of the characters were just crazy and didn't have what I would consider a good reason to justify their actions (Reccoa and Katz for example, seriously what were they doing? What's the whole women/men thing Reccoa wanted? And Katz, I know he's just a teenager, but that's not an excuse for doing the stupid things he did).
Also I have said it before, I don't like that they use the fact that they are newtypes to justify pretty much everything, I know I shouldn't complain because that's what Univeral Century's Gundam is all about, but this time was extreme. They were justifying crazy romances with the whole newtype connection...That's just kind of ridiculous to me :/)
I didn't feel sad with any of the deaths, maybe only Jerid because poor boy, he just wanted to get revenge.
Scirocco was one of the only new characters who actually interested me, I feel like he could have been more developed but for some reason they just left it as the interesting manipulative bastard, I wanted more insight on his reasons but oh well...

Things I did like: Char (he was just so bamf, can't wait to watch Char's counterattack!)
Bright, he's awesome...that is all.
I started to like Kamille iin the final 4 episodes and that ending made me like him a bit more.
Realistic representation of how cruel wars really are.
The little scenes with the White Base crew members.
The OST and the first opening.

Now ZZ!
Apr 26, 2012 1:29 PM

Sep 2010
One of my top favorite Gundams and its 100x better than its prequel 0079.

9/10 can't wait to finally get my hands on the last half of the series. =D
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 1, 2012 10:40 AM

Apr 2009
Really loved the ending, super intense action and Camille goes insane. Scirocco was quite disappointing in the end though, he was built up to be such a good villain character.

Damn, this series had such an intriguing storyline and a lot of good character concepts, but that dialogue and that execution of battles were just too ridiculous and awkward to justify anything very high. Enjoyment 8.5/10, overall 6/10
Oct 11, 2012 9:48 AM

Apr 2009
Great ending. Overall I would say I didn't like this series as much as 0079, the plot moved too quickly and rarely spared a few minutes to build suspense or show the repercussions of any events. I also got sick of Katz sneaking out and fighting every episode. It was still a pretty good watch though.
Nov 10, 2012 10:03 PM
Jul 2010
Lynx_7 said:
A lot of people disliking Zeta it seems.
I will have to agree with the fact that it IS a vastly overrated series. It wasn't half of what I was expecting it to be.

Well, I believe this was a good series the year it came out. The problem is everybody here is comparing it with all the new anime, so of course it looks bad, since Zeta Gundam hasn't aged very well. The people who say this is a masterpiece is most likely moved by nostalgia, I believe.

Beatnik said:
The dude goes through so much crap in this series, its not surprising he'd completely lose it.

Ah...Kamille did not "lose it", it was Scirocco who did something to him. Do you remember when he said that he was not going alone when he was dying? Well, that's the result.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 6, 2008

92 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 37 Discussion

Beatnik - Jul 4, 2008

41 by p13gu »»
Mar 26, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 9, 2008

73 by Dane-se »»
Feb 7, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 47 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 20, 2009

44 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 27 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - May 27, 2009

38 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 21, 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.