Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 3, 2019 4:56 PM

Sep 2018
It's hard to wrap my head around all the changes from the OVA and it seems to be relying on more typical modern anime tropes which bothers me a bit but seems like it could be an interesting anime anyhow, though I'm very hesitant to believe that it's going to be as good as the ratings on here suggest.
Also, I will say that so far I am pleasantly surprised, I really thought I would out and out hate this because the description made me think that the MC was be yet another stereotypical "loser otaku" character that seems popular in anime past 2001, but he's more just a somewhat awkward teenager. Also was worried that birdy's cover job (which I don't remember existing in the OVA) would be used as an excuse to load the anime with as much cheesy forced fanservice as humanly possible but that doesn't seem to be the case either, so I'm relieved.
KristiwazhereDec 3, 2019 5:10 PM
Feb 11, 2020 4:50 PM

May 2009
Unlike a lot of other people in this thread, I haven’t seen the other OVA’s or read the source material, so this will be my first dip into the Birdy universe. I remember seeing really impressive snippets of animation being constantly used in AMV’s a few years ago, which caught my interest.

Anyway, seems like an interesting enough start with some real 2008 character design (I had to go look up if it was a case of ryo-timo which it was!), impressive shots and layout and a seemingly nice soundtrack. Will be interesting to see where it all goes!
Jul 25, 2020 9:55 AM

Jul 2015
First episode looks pretty good, I can already see some major differences between this version and the one from the ova's. I think I like this one a lot more even though I will kinda miss the family scenes they had with the airheaded dad. So Tsutomu you ain't no normal student anymore just a space agent who now works parttime as idol, both as female though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 9, 2020 5:30 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
After watching the 1996 OVA series, I can see the similarities and the differences.
1. I miss the old Birdy a bit, but that could just be the art style from the OVA versus the newer style art

2. The new girlfriend has a somewhat pushy attitude that the old one definitely didn't have.

3. I miss the OVA family characters a lot. The clueless Dad was great, the apologetic/hovering Mom was funny, and the snarky Sister reminded me of my own.

I will let the plot play out a bit more, but the OVA had a much darker edge to it....art or music...not sure, but it seemed more noir to me.

Apr 10, 2023 1:19 AM
Apr 2021
this was really meh
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» BEST way to Enjoy Tetsuwan Birdy Series

Rustyze - Mar 2, 2016

8 by Jeehen »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:18 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 12 Discussion

Jacut - Sep 21, 2008

30 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 14, 2021 2:18 PM

» Is this Shyamalan M. Night Shyamalan?

ran88dom99 - Nov 29, 2011

1 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 12, 2021 2:49 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 7 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Aug 20, 2008

26 by Punkero »»
Feb 15, 2021 4:22 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 3 Discussion

Sephor - Aug 7, 2008

26 by Punkero »»
Feb 13, 2021 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.