Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2011 12:32 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is truly gold.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Nov 20, 2013 5:58 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah same here, the second arc seemed to try to go on a romance/solitude route focusing on one character and her new 'friend'. I didn't really get that tbh but overall the show is charming its own rights.

It not only has a sense of mystery but also great characterization. I don't see this series "truly gold" though. It's not worth that sort of praise but I'll give it a 6/10.
Jan 6, 2015 4:12 PM

Nov 2013
This is probably one of the most unique series I've ever seen. Calm, slow, atmospheric, subtle, and very character-centric despite it being a mystery/supernatural series.

The dialogue seemed a bit unnatural at first, but it grew on me and now I actually think it's quite sharp and witty.

The nature of the phenomena are never decisively explained, but this isn't a bad thing. After all, there are things that we just can't comprehend. I'd say that this series isn't about the supernatural at all but rather about the characters: their interactions with each other, their interpretations of the strange phenomena occurring around them, and the personal changes they undergo from witnessing them.

One thing I noticed during dialogue scenes was how the camera would focus not on the characters' faces, but on other parts of their bodies like their legs or upper body. I found this fascinating because it shows that the director knows the value of gestures and how they can portray the feelings of the characters. It's a subtle method of storytelling that's effective when used correctly.

I'm also quite surprised that this little gem of a show came from the same guy who directed the catastrophe called Pupa...
Dec 8, 2015 5:12 AM

Apr 2015
I loved this series
although it left me with some unanswered questions which is something I don't really like...
Feb 12, 2017 10:06 AM

Apr 2009
I'm a fan of mystery shows like Haibane and Lain.
But I did not enjoy this show as much that I want to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2017 1:57 PM
Aug 2012
truly, I haven't received all answers that I wanted to get...but it's pace dragged me in while watching this show. Good positive ending and some deep sense are also included in this last episode.
Jul 27, 2017 6:06 AM

Nov 2008
The second part was painful to watch, I missed some characters.
Aug 7, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
Well I liked the Summer arc more than the 2nd. The Tana residents and Ayumu were easily the best characters and liked their interactions with everyone. However, Riezo, Makki, Kisa and Shigeki were completely unlikable and a pain to watch. The mysterious atmosphere surrounding the fairies were excellent and revolved more around the characters reaction to odd events.

Also the casual ship of MikixAizawa was the best twist, and more satisfying than some crappy romcoms couple. Really wanted to see them together......8/10
May 8, 2018 6:22 AM

Mar 2016
The ending felt a little rambling, messy. But I guess given the style of storytelling, it makes sense. I liked the first half more. Some of the characters from Tana just seemed to fade away, as if they were going to appear again, but most of them never did. Now, it wasn't as if there weren't thematic and narrative connections between the two settings but it was still somewhat unsatisfying. The way it describes the mystery at the end makes everything so 'closed.' Like, in contrary to the way the mysteries were being described throughout the show, having it hinging on some sort of (from what I can guess) emotional cause, looping back to Kisa (?) isn't, as universal as the anime was suggesting. Still, there were flashes of brilliance and good characterization and I was hardly ever disengaged. A very unique anime.
syncrogazerMay 8, 2018 6:34 AM
Jan 22, 2022 5:43 PM
Mar 2019
These Episode Seemed To Go On Forever Without Much Really Happening, Really Slow Going.
Even Though It Had A Mystery Happening It Was About Mostly About Teenage Problems.
Nothing Was Explained At The End, The Aliens Just Flew Off.
It Was Good, Nothing More.
Mar 29, 2023 2:27 PM

Dec 2022
Watching this in 567p is a pain, but it's very consistently quality besides that. Humans trying to understand these supernatural "fairies" that are both beyond their comprehension and capable of extended friendly interaction made for a balanced watch. The mellow characterisation meant no one became too obnoxious, despite their hangups; and the main characters Ayumu and Kisa were the life of their scenes. It could drag on at times, but the slow pace benefitted it when it was used.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 13, 2023 7:45 PM

Jun 2019
My 221st completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Oct 25, 2023 6:00 PM
Jul 2021
Finally managed to finish this snooze fest! What a drag! This show should have ended by the end of the first arc. Hands down, no doubt about it.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai Shounen Episode 20 Discussion

Hyoroemon - Jul 16, 2011

2 by Dawizz »»
Oct 18, 2023 1:16 AM

Poll: » Zettai Shounen Episode 3 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

6 by Rob7 »»
Sep 23, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Zettai Shounen Episode 12 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 30, 2009

9 by Dawizz »»
Sep 7, 2023 12:28 AM

Poll: » Zettai Shounen Episode 2 Discussion

2 by Sw3at »»
Jun 30, 2023 9:12 PM

Poll: » Zettai Shounen Episode 9 Discussion

3 by Recynon »»
May 19, 2021 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.