Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Bleach Chapter 462 Discussion

Aug 31, 2011 9:19 PM

i was beginning to wonder what all the rest of the shinigami were gonna do while ginjo fights ichigo all by himself, completely forgot about the other fodders

Aug 31, 2011 10:05 PM
Lolwhat? So they were all in it from the beginning although Riruka seems hesitant.

Well whoop-de-doo, it's like the Karakura Battle arc all over again. A few of the new guys vs. a bunch of captains.

Aug 31, 2011 10:28 PM

ChronosXIII said:
Well whoop-de-doo, it's like the Karakura Battle arc all over again. A few of the new guys vs. a bunch of captains.

Yeah. bleach is repeating itself from the beginning.

Sep 1, 2011 4:28 AM

This was an okay chapter. Plot developing here, so I'm guessing it's all all-out Shinigami VS Fullbringers. Well maybe now formerly phoney fullbringers + Ichigo's powers. >.>

Chad and Orihime's mind-fucked memory moments were quite intriguing though. Them getting trolled by Tsukishima lolol. xD 'The shinigami are helping Ichigo?!'

What I want to see is Isshin and Urahara actually fight for once, again. Them fighting Aizen was barely anything. :\

Sep 1, 2011 4:52 AM
Iunno why but i get the deja-vu filler feeling from these last few chapters.

In the previous chapter Ichigo completely overpowered Ginjo only to see Kugo now saying something like "meeeh i've got more than enough power; imma share some with you guys" SRSLY? You just got your ass whooped and now you're trying to get WEAKER ?

Sep 1, 2011 4:58 AM

andryuu said:

In the previous chapter Ichigo completely overpowered Ginjo only to see Kugo now saying something like "meeeh i've got more than enough power; imma share some with you guys" SRSLY? You just got your ass whooped and now you're trying to get WEAKER ?

Its called deja fu in Bleach's case.
weh

Sep 1, 2011 6:07 AM
how long will this shitty manga will continue?

Sep 1, 2011 6:12 AM

sharon1 said:
how long this shitty manga will continue?

Considering that Bleach is a regular bottom 5 dweller since June, and the only time it managed to get out of there it was because the editors didn't care about the ranking position, I'm sure it's going to end pretty soon.

Sep 1, 2011 7:07 AM
i hope it happens coz reading bleach is like it's like a albino michael
jackson just ejaculated cookie dough on a vanilla
ice cream factory after a milk tank crashed
against a truck full of clouds.
all while a KKK member, a mummy, a white ninja
and an altar boy duel with glass light sabers in the background. Only nowhere nearly as
interesting.
Casper sits on a corner riding a giant dove that is
simultaneously both pooping and eating rice
with mayo out of a porcelain dish shaped like a
pegassus that is also being bleached During a snow storm
On a salt desert.

Sep 1, 2011 9:02 AM

Arashi89 said:
sharon1 said:

Considering that Bleach is a regular bottom 5 dweller since June, and the only time it managed to get out of there it was because the editors didn't care about the ranking position, I'm sure it's going to end pretty soon.

You are free to ream on about it, but with Naruto (tahnkfully FINALLY) going to end, Jump is not going to loose another mainstream access point. If anything expect them to advertise Bleach more and pump out more games and more products.
andryuu said:

Genre: Shonen.

That explains on why you should NOT be surprised :)

Sep 1, 2011 9:50 AM

Fai said:
Arashi89 said:
sharon1 said:

You are free to ream on about it, but with Naruto (tahnkfully FINALLY) going to end, Jump is not going to loose another mainstream access point. If anything expect them to advertise Bleach more and pump out more games and more products.

Ream? Is that English? Did you mean "dream", instead? Oh well, tahnkfully FINALLY Shueisha has a lot of titles in WSJ that will take the place of Naruto and Bleach, so they have all the reason to loosen up at the thought of losing those series.

However, this situation doesn't look pretty for Kubo. Bleach might not get cancelled now, but it's a possibility that will get real in the near future if he doesn't get back on his feet. That's why he made that announcement about the twist he's going to pull, he's trying to gain back his readers.

Fai said:
andryuu said:

Genre: Shonen.

That explains on why you should NOT be surprised :)

So it's okay to make really dumb decisions that could spell your defeat, because you are in a shonen manga?

I know that this is Bleach, but still...
Modified by Arashi89, Sep 1, 2011 10:01 AM

Sep 1, 2011 9:50 AM
Fai said:
Arashi89 said:
sharon1 said:

Its now official that toriko is wsj's next big mainstream manga,sj has been agressively promoting it and it has also been doing a lot better than bleach in ratings..

Sep 1, 2011 12:19 PM

Arashi89 said:

So it's okay to make really dumb decisions that could spell your defeat, because you are in a shonen manga?

Yes. Shonen manga Genre target audience is young Most of people reading(actually reading) Bleach haven't even read its predecessors.

There are certain tropes that exist in every damn shonen manga ever. In a sense its educational material.

Excepting something uber brilliant from shonen genre is like expecting plot from Haruhi or depth from Michael Bay. Its a genre where you sit back and look at cool explosions and character power ups. Noting occasional reference or two.

There are few shonen genre manga that are more than the genre itself, but most of cases are genre misplacement(Claymore), a very genius author(D.grayman, trc) or just plain quality presentation of same cliches in awesome ways(FMA)

Sep 1, 2011 5:25 PM
Observer

Fai said:
Arashi89 said:

Yes. Shonen manga Genre target audience is young Most of people reading(actually reading) Bleach haven't even read its predecessors.

There are certain tropes that exist in every damn shonen manga ever. In a sense its educational material.

Excepting something uber brilliant from shonen genre is like expecting plot from Haruhi or depth from Michael Bay. Its a genre where you sit back and look at cool explosions and character power ups. Noting occasional reference or two.

There are few shonen genre manga that are more than the genre itself, but most of cases are genre misplacement(Claymore), a very genius author(D.grayman, trc) or just plain quality presentation of same cliches in awesome ways(FMA)

^^This.

Bleach is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. The reason people still reads it is because they want to find out what happens next. People can hate it as much as they can, but they will still read it for the sake of finding out what happens. The irony.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Sep 1, 2011 11:53 PM

Lol @ Orihime's crying face.

Sep 2, 2011 4:24 AM

Ginjou & Tsukishima needed some way of evening out the numbers on both sides, and that might be how they did it.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 2, 2011 4:51 AM

I want more BYAKUYA! T^T
This is a "MEH.." chapter for me...just talk and some other stuff..
I guess this'll be a looooooong arc.
~~I accept RFs~~

Sep 2, 2011 8:21 AM

Suddenly things look a lot more interesting in Bleach.

Sep 2, 2011 9:12 AM

wakka9ca said:

Bleach is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. The reason people still reads it is because they want to find out what happens next. People can hate it as much as they can, but they will still read it for the sake of finding out what happens. The irony.

Wanna know what's the real irony in all of this? I read it for free. I'm never going to spend a cent on this failure.

Fai said:
Arashi89 said:

You completely missed my point. Any kind of work, IMO, is fine even if it isn't a masterpiece. What I want is a decent plot, without incosistencies, plot holes, and easy resolutions through deus ex machinas, rounded characters and an art style that doesn't look horrible. And I expect all of this to be in a shonen manga, because that's how it should be, and there are a ton a works that fall under this description.

Sep 2, 2011 10:24 AM

Arashi89 said:
wakka9ca said:

Wanna know what's the real irony in all of this? I read it for free. I'm never going to spend a cent on this failure.

Fai said:
Arashi89 said:

You completely missed my point. Any kind of work, IMO, is fine even if it isn't a masterpiece. What I want is a decent plot, without incosistencies, plot holes, and easy resolutions through deus ex machinas, rounded characters and an art style that doesn't look horrible. And I expect all of this to be in a shonen manga, because that's how it should be, and there are a ton a works that fall under this description.

And you are over-generalizing a VERY wide market. What you are doing equals going to Britney Spears concert and complaining it did not have enough guitar solos :)

And wow, someone is proud of being a pirate, well, the world's culture is certainly going down fast then :)

Sep 3, 2011 6:10 AM

Fai said:
Arashi89 said:
wakka9ca said:

Fai said:
Arashi89 said:

And you are over-generalizing a VERY wide market. What you are doing equals going to Britney Spears concert and complaining it did not have enough guitar solos :)

And wow, someone is proud of being a pirate, well, the world's culture is certainly going down fast then :)

1) Again, missing my point. If I would want to hear guitar solo, I wouldn't go to a Britney Spears's concert, I would go to a rock concert. However, everything has a level of quality: almost everyone will say that FMA is way superior to some average shonen manga like, say, Naruto or Bleach. You can see that the mangaka is talented in both writing and drawing compared to the more mainstream artists.

2) Oh really?! Then how did you read this chapter of Bleach? You went to Japan and bought Shonen Jump there?

Get off your high horse: you're a pirate as much as me.
Modified by Arashi89, Sep 3, 2011 7:43 AM

Sep 3, 2011 8:06 AM

Looks like this is no match game. Ofcourse power uped shinigami wins.Unless Ginjo is like Aizen.

All 13 shinigami and urahara and all. Ichigo powered up. Totally showing off.
When ihcigo's poser mode is activated, there is no way to stop it.

I can see ichigo doing another atarashi getsuga tenshou or getsuga mode 2 and killing all the opponents at once because Kubo likes overwhelming.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 3, 2011 3:30 PM
cliffhanger chapter

Sep 4, 2011 12:30 AM

PikachuXD said:
Yay the useless duo got knocked out!!! Now Ichigo just has to bring out his bankai and it's gonna be back to old bleach! Btw, is it still tensa zangetsu?

Well i was suprised they got dealt with so fast and we wont have to put up with more filler pages of them fighting.

I mean usually the mangaka wouldnt even hesitate to hold back to add in some useless fight of some filler chars. So since they got knocked out this time so quick i wonder if kubo wanted to avoid dropping some spoiler about the main plot ...

Again, missing my point. If I would want to hear guitar solo, I wouldn't go to a Britney Spears's concert, I would go to a rock concert. However, everything has a level of quality: almost everyone will say that FMA

It's bad enough someone mentions Britney Spears (aka BS, aka Bull Shit) in this thread, but why on earth do you have to continue the offtopic with a plain retarded and full of crap manga like FMA?
Please gtfo of this thread if you want to discuss such rubbish! Go troll with your offtopics somewhere else.
Modified by JudgeRuthless, Sep 4, 2011 12:51 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 4, 2011 4:01 AM

Peralisc said:
why on earth do you have to continue the offtopic with a plain retarded and full of crap manga like FMA?

Bleach threads are so fun to read. Thanks for good joke.

Sep 4, 2011 9:48 AM

Peralisc said:
why on earth do you have to continue the offtopic with a plain retarded and full of crap manga like FMA?

Your opinion is highly respected by me. I also agree with your other ratings like;

21st Century Boys 1
Abara 2
Akira 1
Battle Angel Alita: Last Order 1
Battle Royale 1
Bleach 9
Doubt 1
Fullmetal Alchemist 2
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen 1
Hotel 1
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind 1
Onani Master Kurosawa 1
Phoenix 1
Rainbow 1
Shin Angyo Onshi 1
Slam Dunk 1

Sometimes the manga is retard, sometimes its the reader.
weh

Sep 4, 2011 11:37 PM
bleach needs to be stopped its hampering the growth of other manga in west,i cant beleive this shit is ranked 2 in popularity,wsj ppl are anti intellectual shitheads,they should have cancelled this shit long time ago..

Sep 5, 2011 6:41 AM

Peralisc said:
thread, but why on earth do you have to continue the offtopic with a plain retarded and full of crap manga like FMA?
Please gtfo of this thread if you want to discuss such rubbish! Go troll with your offtopics somewhere else.

My troll-sense is tingling. someone is trolling~
Arashi89 said:

1) Again, missing my point. If I would want to hear guitar solo, I wouldn't go to a Britney Spears's concert, I would go to a rock concert. However, everything has a level of quality: almost everyone will say that FMA is way superior to some average shonen manga like, say, Naruto or Bleach. You can see that the mangaka is talented in both writing and drawing compared to the more mainstream artists.

2) Oh really?! Then how did you read this chapter of Bleach? You went to Japan and bought Shonen Jump there?

Get off your high horse: you're a pirate as much as me.

FMA is superior because of style. Its still same shonen tropes, same shonen ideas, same virtues and it follows the similar path. Even the repeated character designs are consistent through her various manga The difference is in style. Arakawa mixes comedy and humor really well and has a bunch of helpers to perfect the art, which is already easier in monthly manga than in weekly one alone.

She is very adept at juggling shonen genre tropes and making them work, but does that make her an uber awesomely great writer? She started a slice-of-life manga few months ago and it sucks horribly.

What you are looking for is called depth. Thats not in shonen genre except some of exceptions. Depth is not required and it does not determine quality.

Kubo for what he does, does it quite good for the genre he is. Good character designs with some unique outfits(and multiple ones both casual and battle ones), good fight scenes and generally good flow in volume format(there are no sudden cut offs in terms of volume flow and it feels more like a volume separated into chapters than chapters bundled into volume, which is VERY good thing). he throws in some references and stuff there and there, manages to hold off and pay off secrets, while still keeping most of stuff relatively simple for the demographic shonen genre is for. Bleach is easy to adapt on-screen, character moves translate well into video games and so on. The best part is that he so far managed to hide the shonen virtues quite well within a story, without turning them into litteral objects like certain other two manga(one of which I heard is basically a parody of legal rights stuff and other one has characters defeating stuff with peace and friendship).

And have to laugh at calling Arakawa non-mainstream... How many non-mainstream mangaka got two different adaptations of the same manga, dozen of manga, two movies on same manga, dozens of ovas on same manga, different volume bundles and different dvd bundles of same manga/its_adaptation AND about a dozen of novels on that manga. AND then she goes on to write a slice-of-life series - genre which is very popular with mainstream audience.
Arakawa is good but she is definition of mainstream right now.

But I don't take joy in it(piracy). And I still support the things I am following by importing games, buying some of my favorite manga volumes, adding to dub-viewercount, etc. :)
Modified by Ahenshihael, Sep 5, 2011 6:44 AM

Sep 5, 2011 11:12 AM

Fai said:

FMA is superior because of style... Arakawa mixes comedy and humor really well... which is already easier in monthly manga than in weekly one alone.

She is very adept at juggling shonen genre tropes and making them work, but does that make her an uber awesomely great writer? She started a slice-of-life manga few months ago and it sucks horribly.

Kubo... Good character designs with some unique outfits... good fight scenes and generally good flow in volume format (there are no sudden cut offs in terms of volume flow and it feels more like a volume separated into chapters than chapters bundled into volume, which is VERY good thing). He throws in some references and stuff there and there, manages to hold off and pay off secrets, while still keeping most of stuff relatively simple for the demographic shonen genre is for. Bleach is easy to adapt on-screen, character moves translate well into video games and so on. The best part is that he so far managed to hide the shonen virtues quite well within a story, without turning them into litteral objects.

Wow mate, your latest post is wicked. You really blow them a "getsuga tenshou" back there, eh! (^_~)
Nice, you point out what makes BLEACH "bLeacH!" I really like what you said, "...it feels more like a volume separated into chapters than chapters bundled into volume..." and "Bleach is easy to adapt on-screen."

Also, I totally agree when you said that you don't take joy in piracy. We should really support Japanese anime and manga industry by buying manga volumes, BD anime releases, and games since we're fans of it.

Sep 5, 2011 1:17 PM

Fai said:
generally good flow in volume format (there are no sudden cut offs in terms of volume flow and it feels more like a volume separated into chapters than chapters bundled into volume, which is VERY good thing).

So one need to read bleach in volumes instead chapters to get better feeling and flow. i can understand it's fun to read lots of bundled chapters and that's how i catch up with bleach in the beginning but calling "volume separated into chapters" good is beyond my thinking.

I wanted bundled chapters in a volume and not one volume material in 2 chapters (you get normally in other manga) with lots of wasted panels and pages.

That was my ONLY complain in the very beginning. why 60 episodes took 182 chapters in anime adaptation where one piece only need 80/90 chapters.. That is one of the reason bleach able to finished only 3 big arcs until now.

Sep 5, 2011 3:45 PM

Han-yuu said:
Fai said:
generally good flow in volume format (there are no sudden cut offs in terms of volume flow and it feels more like a volume separated into chapters than chapters bundled into volume, which is VERY good thing).

So one need to read bleach in volumes instead chapters to get better feeling and flow. i can understand it's fun to read lots of bundled chapters and that's how i catch up with bleach in the beginning but calling "volume separated into chapters" good is beyond my thinking.

I wanted bundled chapters in a volume and not one volume material in 2 chapters (you get normally in other manga) with lots of wasted panels and pages.

That was my ONLY complain in the very beginning. why 60 episodes took 182 chapters in anime adaptation where one piece only need 80/90 chapters.. That is one of the reason bleach able to finished only 3 big arcs until now.

It is good because:
Majority of those who actually read WSJ won't really care enough on the slow pace of the manga. Back in the days millions of 11-15 year old kids would go to watch dragonball. how many of them EVER complained about the fact that it took around 7 episodes to power up a simple signature move?

Majority of those buying the volume will get a consistent pacing.

And yes its a common knowledge that Bleach should be read in volumes. Thats generally why, while in 2009 you had only "ss arc was better!" people, then you had people who liked arrancar arc and now you have fanbase segments that think that "everything before fullbring arc" was great. Its a trend. It exists in all more slowpaced manga.

You like it or not, the WSJ releases are NOT targeted at your or well, anyones in MAL age groups or nationalities. Its targeted at your generic japanese kid, who buys a wsj on the way from/to school and then drools to the flashy attacks for next few hours, talking about the stuff and forgetting it soon afterward.

and 3 big arcs per 400 chapters is quite standard for the long-runners. One might divide it into shorter segments for the sake of illusion of having more content (naruto) or illlusion that something happens while the entire arc means noting in the end(naruto) . The truth is that majority of the shonen genre manga that goes well into several hundreds in its chapter count, has the very VERY same problem.

ITs just a part of cliches surrounding the genre.

Sep 5, 2011 5:19 PM

OK I just want to clarify a couple of things.

1) In Chapter 460 Ginjou "the first time you transferred your Shinigami powers to him only succeeded because Kurosaki already had his own, but now he has none I took his powers from him…all of them".

That just tells me that Ginjou's goal was Not to take Ichigo's Fullbring but his Shinigami powers.

Ok Ginjou's power is to take other peoples Fullbring right, but what if the Fullbring is fused with a Shinigami power then he takes both. I think teaching Ichigo Fullbring was just a means to take his Shinigami powers.

2) In Chapter 461 Ginjou "the Fullbring that I gave him must have raised his base power", and in that panel we see an image of Ichigo's returned Shinigami powers with the x on his chest not his old Fullbring form.

So Ichigo still has his Fullbring powers and this new Shinigami form and sword are the result of his Fullbring and his Shinigami powers fused together, that's also why we still don't know Ichigo's Fullbring name because it's going to play a role in the upcoming fights.

sharon1 said:
Fai said:
Arashi89 said:
sharon1 said:

Its now official that toriko is wsj's next big mainstream manga,sj has been agressively promoting it and it has also been doing a lot better than bleach in ratings..

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not going to happen because of volume sales.

Let's take Toriko for example.

Toriko is doing really well in the rankings sometimes it even beats One Piece, But the latest volume (volume 15) in 3 weeks sold over 400,000 copies.

Bleach latest volume (volume 51) in 4 days sold over 400,000 copies.

So as long as the volumes sells well there is no way in hell Bleach is getting cancelled.

Sep 6, 2011 1:14 AM

lol Bleach is just funny now. Oh m gee gibmee powaas! The plot is just getting too random, but still fun reading it though.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Sep 6, 2011 7:31 AM
Aizen should just return and murder them all, then fight zero squad, then be the soul king. Then let Ichigo miraculously survive and one shot him again. Now there's no one to rule soul society. THE END.

Sep 8, 2011 2:29 AM

uuhhh derpa Kenpachi owns all shit bro, but where's yachiru D:

Jun 8, 2017 5:53 AM

Poor Inoue, I don't like to see her like that.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]