Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2011 4:41 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
In regards to speculation will there be any interference whatsoever from Chaos Head materiel somehow. I would love some of the cast to swoop down and start something up with Okabe's group but I highly doubt that.

LOL!
Aug 31, 2011 4:47 AM

Jun 2011
LadyOrihime said:

LOL!

Mages(formerly 5bp.) should stop working on fighting games. That's horrible. =\
Aug 31, 2011 5:00 AM

Jul 2007
Kansokusha said:
MorningGlory said:
Kansokusha said:
Oh SERN is just as evil as usual.
I don't think SERN is evil, they are just doing for the "greater good" .SERN is too good and they created a dystopia which is a boring place and Suzuha want to change it.
On the contrary, WW3 is a evil place and many people die, but its at least not as boring as in Dystopia and Suzuha want to change it as well ....
Its very hard to achieve people's ideal world =P

So is the Illuminati behind SERN any good? They might be aimed for the greater good, but in turn they have done many diabolic things. People are suffering. IMO the process is more important than the result. And WWIII just simply spells doom for humanity...

Ends justify the means. Thats the fact and reality of the world.

Illuminati generally want a "new age" for humanity. Their methods and implementation of that might differ greatly from your general university student, but I am sure they have no interest in completely chaotic messed up destroyed world. You can't control that. You can't shape that.

They are as bad as much as it affects main character's POV. They might end the world, or they might not. Or a random okabe rintaro might. Or some president. Infinity of timelines and infinity of possibilities. From Okabe's POV CERN is no longer important. No longer his responsibility, no longer affects those he knows or himself.
Right now, at the end of episode 22 he knows no reason on why he should or not should go on some crusade against all evil in the world. Mayuri is alive, sacrifices have been made, world should not end anytime soon....and then the complications are thrown into the mix. Like Suzuha calling.

Takomancer said:
i best WW3 happens in beta world and kurisu will be the cause of it working with SERN. That's why suzuha has always hated kurisu and wanted to kill her, and she was from future so she knows this. inb4 season 2

Except that we have NEVER EVER met Suzuha of THIS worldline. Its a different world. ENTIRELY different future. Most likely entirely ENTIRELY different Suzuha too.
And no, I really am sure we won't have s2 of this. Ever. The source material(VN) has been completely adapted from what I hear.
Aug 31, 2011 5:05 AM
Jun 2008
^
My Kurisi Can't Be This powerful

the gun suppose to be a TV remote controller T.T
Aug 31, 2011 5:33 AM

Jun 2011
Fai said:
Ends justify the means. Thats the fact and reality of the world.

Illuminati generally want a "new age" for humanity. Their methods and implementation of that might differ greatly from your general university student, but I am sure they have no interest in completely chaotic messed up destroyed world. You can't control that. You can't shape that.

They are as bad as much as it affects main character's POV. They might end the world, or they might not. Or a random okabe rintaro might. Or some president. Infinity of timelines and infinity of possibilities. From Okabe's POV CERN is no longer important. No longer his responsibility, no longer affects those he knows or himself.
Right now, at the end of episode 22 he knows no reason on why he should or not should go on some crusade against all evil in the world. Mayuri is alive, sacrifices have been made, world should not end anytime soon....and then the complications are thrown into the mix. Like Suzuha calling.

It's really subjective when it comes to being good or evil. In Illuminati/SERN POV, they are doing the right thing. But for the people who are suffering because of them, they are truely evil. It's just I feel sympathetic for the victims. I would rather die for freedom if it means self-destruction. Yet again it's all about one's POV. Omg I smell Deus Ex here...

Ya, Okabe is exhausted. He's done for. Then suddenly Suzuha comes out from nowhere and makes a shocking revelation. It's one big slap for all the sacrifices Okabe has gone through. It sucks.

Fai said:
Takomancer said:
i best WW3 happens in beta world and kurisu will be the cause of it working with SERN. That's why suzuha has always hated kurisu and wanted to kill her, and she was from future so she knows this. inb4 season 2

Except that we have NEVER EVER met Suzuha of THIS worldline. Its a different world. ENTIRELY different future. Most likely entirely ENTIRELY different Suzuha too.
And no, I really am sure we won't have s2 of this. Ever. The source material(VN) has been completely adapted from what I hear.

Well Robotics;Notes picks up where Steins;Gate left off. Perhaps Okabe will somehow return as a minor character. You can count its inevitable anime adaptation as the season two of Steins;Gate? One can only hope.

MorningGlory said:
My Kurisi Can't Be This powerful

the gun suppose to be a TV remote controller T.T

I recall that Kurisu has an ultimate move which crashes the time machine onto her opponent...
KansokushaAug 31, 2011 6:26 AM
Aug 31, 2011 5:54 AM

Nov 2010
Luckily this wasn't the end... yet
Aug 31, 2011 5:54 AM

Oct 2010
LadyOrihime said:
Yumekichi11 said:
In regards to speculation will there be any interference whatsoever from Chaos Head materiel somehow. I would love some of the cast to swoop down and start something up with Okabe's group but I highly doubt that.

LOL!
I see now, there is no way. Too bad, it would have been interesting but it's better to stick to original materiel while warping it as less as possible.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 31, 2011 6:05 AM

Jun 2009
Looks like I've just lost my reason to watch this.

It is actually good if it just ended in this episode. Welp, 2 more episodes wouln't hurt I guess. She also might be back.
Aug 31, 2011 6:27 AM
Nov 2008
There must definitely have an anime adaptation of Robotic;Notes!!! Does anyone have any idea if there would be relevance to the Divergence Ratio in that series??
I am just totally obsessed with Nitroplus and 5pb. works.
Aug 31, 2011 6:30 AM

Apr 2010
Well, the synopsis DOES mention the current divergence ratio...
Aug 31, 2011 6:41 AM

May 2008
BRB Crying like a wuss because of MakisexOkabe.
Aug 31, 2011 6:47 AM

Dec 2009
webkid94 said:
She managed to do one more mad scientist laugh... T___T What was she saying right before the world lines switched?

I'm pretty sure she says that she loves him. However he didn't hear the last word which was "suki"(love), so it's possible he doesn't know what she said.
Aug 31, 2011 6:49 AM
Nov 2010
most amazing episode ever made me weep like a girl T^T but i was trying to hold back the tears cos family was around me lol :S but just... couldnt :'( BUT kurisu did say 'she was also in....' does that mean shes in the beta world line? she must of meant that but i think she IS in the beta world line but as a sern scientist! D: d u remember that she was accused as one by suzuha? well i think its true!
Aug 31, 2011 6:59 AM

Nov 2009
WongNM said:
i think she IS in the beta world line but as a sern scientist! D: d u remember that she was accused as one by suzuha? well i think its true!

Wrong!
As of now (beta), she's dead.
Aug 31, 2011 7:01 AM

Jun 2009
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, epic episode :)
Okabe kiss~
Ending rolls~

Aug 31, 2011 7:02 AM

Jul 2007
WongNM said:
u remember that she was accused as one by suzuha? well i think its true!

However that was a different Suzuha from different future of different parallel timeline.
Aug 31, 2011 7:17 AM

Nov 2010
xMilky said:
There must definitely have an anime adaptation of Robotic;Notes!!! Does anyone have any idea if there would be relevance to the Divergence Ratio in that series??
I am just totally obsessed with Nitroplus and 5pb. works.

I had seen the trailer of Robotic;Notes, and I saw it takes the divergence number of

Btw, few things that I noted in this episode :
1. Despite of the awesome adaptation, the animation here and there actually were pretty bad.
2. Awesome VA. Totally TOP NOTCH.
3. Too bad some scenes were buthed to wrap things left in 2 episodes. But from the very beginning, the only way to see all things detailed in all VN adaptation is by playing the VN itself. I won't complain.
4. Some people who were disappointed in this episode mainly because :
- There are plenty of romances. They are allergic to them or they are expecting more plot to going on.
Then you expecting wrong things from S;G. S;G excels at combining plot driven story and character driven story (character-driven story is the main forte of VN). You must be already aware of it since the very beginning.
- Expecting things to end in this episode.
I can't get this way of thinking. If we end everything in this episode, many questions from episode 1 will left unanswered :(
Aug 31, 2011 7:33 AM

Feb 2008
The best episode so far. Finally some real romance between Kurisu and Okabe. And I do hope he manages to save her in the end.
Aug 31, 2011 7:40 AM

Jan 2009
Anyone else notice episode 1 before he talks to Kurisu he asks her what were you trying to tell me about. He doesn't talk to her about panicing if you are alive till after he sends the D-mail. I feel as if something is going on here.....Sorry obsessed with kurisu>.>
Aug 31, 2011 7:52 AM

May 2008
Ohooo, World War III :D Some serious shit is about to go down xD

I'm kinda starting to feel this series should've needed a bit more action, but plotwise this couldn't get any better =D I knew Okabe had feelings for Kurisu, but didn't really expect him to bring them out now, in this episode O.o
Aug 31, 2011 8:14 AM

Sep 2010
i have no words to express how awesome d ep was it...

i cried nd also i enjoyed till my heart melted...very very good ep

btw did u guys watched last 2 min of sg!! coz it mentioned abt world war 3, if u hav missed it check it out
Aug 31, 2011 8:23 AM

Jul 2010
Karasuchan said:
I'm pretty sure she says that she loves him. However he didn't hear the last word which was "suki"(love), so it's possible he doesn't know what she said.

Okabe should be well aware though of what Kurisu was going to say. Her behaviour and such and the fact she came rushing back made it pretty obvious.

Then again, it's often when things are obvious for the viewer the anime character seems to be totally ignorant. However, I don't think Okabe is that dense :P
Aug 31, 2011 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
loved this episode, the best one in my opinion...

anyway if anyone could help me out here whats the name of the ost when Kirusu comes back to the lab to tell Okabe the very last one thing?
Aug 31, 2011 9:42 AM

Feb 2009
Jeez, I hate to be squeeing over a pairing like this, but I just love Okabe/Kurisu. Maybe my favourite pairing ever. I haven't seen a pairing so completely made for each other the way they are, and this episode only reassured me of that fact. I knew they liked each other, but I was shocked by the sudden "I'm in love with you" and multiple kisses!

My favourite episode of the year in possibly my favourite anime of all time, if the ending turns out okay. Man, I didn't even plan to watch this anime at first... I picked it up around episode 8, and now it's probably going to end up as my favourite ever. Wow.

Oh, and typically I like character deaths in anime due to the emotion they can evoke in me, but seriously... Okabe needs to save Kurisu. He needs to. :(
Aug 31, 2011 10:09 AM

May 2010
Kyouma's speech kinda knocked my heart there.
And as soon as the ED played, it feels like it ended there
but suddenly, Suzuha's last line = MINDBLOWN!!!!!

OMG, this is going to be awezum!!!!
Aug 31, 2011 10:54 AM

May 2010
They kissed how fantastic !!

Now back to the issue,first I'm glad to have Suzuha back but World War III what the hell is happening here ?
Aug 31, 2011 11:11 AM
May 2011
Wait a minute. Just watched past the credits... WW3? in 2 episodes? or another season?
Aug 31, 2011 11:22 AM

Mar 2011
Okay. So he saves Mayuri at the cost of Kurisu, but hasnt prevented the dystopian future?

So he'll have to re-do everything he's just undone?

Balls.
Aug 31, 2011 11:27 AM

Oct 2010
Omg strong episode. I was captivated by everything, the setting, atmosphere, the interaction between characters. This was an awesome episode to make up for the recent weak (but still good) episodes.

The ED just amazing to got along with the events that just took place.

I can't say I liked Suzuha return very much. Seemed too sudden.
RyuKirin said:
...that was awful -_- the kiss and romance just ruined this whole episode. All I found good was the end.

I want to slap you

5/5
Aug 31, 2011 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
PrometheusZero said:
Okay. So he saves Mayuri at the cost of Kurisu, but hasnt prevented the dystopian future?

Well that was somewhat expected. SERN still was working on the time leap project even without Okabe's team making the phone microwave.

Kurisu x Okabe shipping ftw! :P
Aug 31, 2011 12:12 PM
Nov 2010
Awesome...
Aug 31, 2011 12:29 PM
Nov 2009
Why is every VN reader saying DIFFERENT spoilers srsly stop mind f***ing people :(
Aug 31, 2011 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't know the theory of relativity could be applied in describing kiss scenes.
Aug 31, 2011 12:37 PM
Jul 2011
I love Kurisu too :'(
Aug 31, 2011 12:50 PM

Feb 2011
darkerealm said:
I didn't know the theory of relativity could be applied in describing kiss scenes.

You must not be a hentai tensai shoujo then.
Aug 31, 2011 12:56 PM

Apr 2010
And she says sayonara before vanishing

Aug 31, 2011 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
PrometheusZero said:

Balls.

FOr one: he does not "prevent" anything. He just shifts into different paralel universe and yes in this universe we do not have Mayuri's death, nor CERN dystopian military state. However that does not mean that something bad will NOT happen.

Remember Suzuha's story ending? In one line Suzuha goes back in time and dies insane due to mistake. In other? She is not insane, but still dies on same year and overall order of things is similar.

For all we know all Okarin has changed is WHAT kind of bad stuff will happen. Not that it won't happen. Most likely reaching a line where it does not happen at all will be far more tricky.

darkerealm said:

Its quite old thing. We have sayings like "time went by so fast" and so on.

And1ce said:
Why is every VN reader saying DIFFERENT spoilers srsly stop mind f***ing people :(

There are no real spoilers in this thread. Mostly speculation.

Supergrunt8 said:
RyuKirin said:
...that was awful -_- the kiss and romance just ruined this whole episode. All I found good was the end.

I want to slap you

I want to slap him with a rotten salmon. Can I?
AhenshihaelAug 31, 2011 1:28 PM
Aug 31, 2011 1:35 PM

Nov 2007
Hell yeah! finally caught up with you guys and boy I am glad!

I was so shocked after the episode I couldn't even bother about the credit roll and then all on a sudden.... OMG.

I cannot remember when was the last time I saw such an amazing kiss scene! This is the best anime by a long shot of everything I have seen this year. Whatever happens from here onward, I am keeping my rating to a 10/10.

Kurisuuuuuuuuu~ ♥ T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 31, 2011 1:41 PM
Dec 2009
That was without a doubt, one of the most amazing anime kiss scene I have ever seen. The episode made me so sad, and I'm so determined for next weeks episodes.
Aug 31, 2011 1:43 PM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
And1ce said:

There are no real spoilers in this thread. Mostly speculation.

Pretty much the same as it's always been, people just don't understand the difference.
Aug 31, 2011 1:43 PM

Nov 2007
Also, it appears that Kiryuu Moeka was Okabe's first kiss :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 31, 2011 1:50 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah. Poor guy :P

Really can't wait for the next episode. Time seems to pass real slow right now.. Damn Einstein :O
Aug 31, 2011 1:58 PM

Feb 2011
Fai said:

FOr one: he does not "prevent" anything. He just shifts into different paralel universe and yes in this universe we do not have Mayuri's death, nor CERN dystopian military state.

Okabe is the observer (i.e. he has the Reading Steiner). The only relevant world lines are the ones Okabe observes. Titor/Suzuha emphasized the fact that there is only ONE active world line, although the "divergence" is fluid. The divergence is a dimensionless, relative quantity that measures how different the predetermined consequences are in each world line. Each integer value represents a "major" world line. These are all hypothetical scenarios that only Okabe can explore using the D-Mail because of his Reading Steiner.
Aug 31, 2011 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
I cried manly, manly tears. Kurisuuuuu! T_T

This really felt like the ending, yet there are still two episodes left! World War III?!

Aug 31, 2011 2:24 PM

Jul 2007
RedMage23 said:
Fai said:

FOr one: he does not "prevent" anything. He just shifts into different paralel universe and yes in this universe we do not have Mayuri's death, nor CERN dystopian military state.

Okabe is the observer (i.e. he has the Reading Steiner). The only relevant world lines are the ones Okabe observes. Titor/Suzuha emphasized the fact that there is only ONE active world line, although the "divergence" is fluid. The divergence is a dimensionless, relative quantity that measures how different the predetermined consequences are in each world line. Each integer value represents a "major" world line. These are all hypothetical scenarios that only Okabe can explore using the D-Mail because of his Reading Steiner.

And that still does not change the fact that he does NOT change anything. You can't "change" things from temporal point of view its an unavoidable fallacy that is impossible to circumvent.

Existence is observation anyway. Something exists because something is able to observe that(ex; schrodinger's cat). So yes, for Okabe and for his unique gift, only one universe exists at time,however from universal point of view, where the infinity of time happens at once, they all both exist and do not exist at once.
Aug 31, 2011 2:40 PM
Dec 2009
shanimebib said:
Also, it appears that Kiryuu Moeka was Okabe's first kiss :D

Was just thinking the same thing, since he said his first kiss wasn't anything romantic xD
Aug 31, 2011 2:54 PM
Apr 2011
Man, i almost shed a tear, but i'm glad this whole time travel thing is over, i guess there's one lesson that Okabe learnt: Never EVER mess with time, cuz it's gonna f*** you up so bad you'll wish you haven't.
also, is that me?, or i noticed that Kurisu had normal anime eyes instead of zombie ones when she was crying?
well, the series has 2 EPs left, what are they gonna be about? stopping WWIII?
Aug 31, 2011 3:56 PM

Jan 2010
Honestly idk wat to expect anymore but im excited nevertheless. However Im now sad cause after looking around I found the VN for psp but...its in Japenese and I cant understand it QQ. OH well heres to hoping for english translation.
Aug 31, 2011 4:29 PM

Dec 2008
omg, a crazy cliffhanger
dank meme
Aug 31, 2011 5:21 PM

Nov 2007
this seemed really awkward until close the end. some just seems drawn out and the urgency of before wasn't here. romance in Stein's Gate? no way? probably the best girl for him if there was one. that would have been a sad but odd ending if it stopped here which it seemed to until.....

Suzuha?! thought for sure she was gone .... and there's still trouble. saving Mayuri didn't necessarily mean stopping SERN I suppose. what now? he can't really time leap anymore with Kurisu dead but Suzuha has a time machine?
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.