Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2011 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Discussions for episodes 23, 24, and 26, but no 25?! Episode 25 was the highlight of the series and the most emotional one. Frankly, I'm disappointed that there aren't more anime that focus on families, especially mother/daughter connections. It's something I hold dear to me because I'm really close to my own mom. So watching this fractured family hurt then heal each other brought tears to my eyes.

I thought that this series handled several different types of relationships very well: sisters, parent/child, friends, crushes. There were several episodes, yes, that irked me, but overall I think the past 3 episodes were strong.
Apr 24, 2012 12:14 AM

Feb 2008
Honestly, I have a very hard time believing that it would be that easy to mend the divide created by seven years of abandonment and lies, even with the wheelchair and the sob story/apology.
Jul 15, 2012 12:01 AM

Jan 2010
I thought it was very believable, considering what a kind and considerate person Misaki is. She cares for others so much, that she's worried for her opponent's angels! I think this is why she and Shuko can mend their relationship. She loves her mom that much, even if she was lonely.
Aug 6, 2013 12:27 PM

Dec 2011
Even when she's crying Misaki's tone of voice is like someone who is overjoyed and slightly insane.

Hatoko sure runs fast for a little kid.

And Shuko has no concept of probability. But don't worry, because Icchan has psychic powers. And they're all wearing clothes made out of metal or something because the rain has no effect on them - or their hair for that matter. Or maybe it's just that Misaki is secretly a weather god - as soon as she stops crying, the rain and clouds clear away in seconds.

Misaki sure took a long time to realise that her mother was in a wheelchair. I wonder how they got onto that balcony without her noticing.

And that greeting at the gate. Oh god. Having already identified Tamayo and Kotarou as aliens, and Misaki's as a weather god, now Ringo turns out to be a robot. After all, there's no way any human on earth could pull an expression like that, or would if they could either. It's uncanny valley stuff. And Shoko is a psychopathic mass murderer. Just look at that expression.

I'll uncover all your secret identities!
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 22, 2013 9:52 AM
Jul 2012
So they went to a cafe called the "City WALKER Cafe." ...........WHAT!!!!?
May 23, 2014 7:51 PM

Apr 2012
Finally mother and daughter meet.

Also Icchan wearing an Athena cosplay...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 6, 2017 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
Ehhhh Misaki and Shuko's meeting was only ok for me. Misaki was a total darling as usual, she's such a kind-hearted person. But for me, that just highlighted Shuko's shortcomings even more. Even when they met, Shuko wasn't able to begin the conversation and it was up to Misaki to speak up first. Of course, Misaki is really considerate so she breaks the awkward silence with some light chatter. And when Shuko did speak, I felt like much of what she said were just excuses for her own fear of facing her daughter... I dunno. I felt like the whole conversation was just Misaki reassuring her mom that she doesn't hold the past against her, and it made me feel like even if they live together as mother and daughter again, it'll be Misaki supporting her mom, so Misaki still has to be the strong one, instead of just being able to be a kid and rely on her parent (I mean, throughout the whole series, she basically played the role of the responsible parent at home-- cooking and cleaning for her aunt). Shuko just came off as really fragile and unreliable.

Anyway, what I liked about this episode was Hatoko and how worried she was for Misaki. And that tearful hug at the end!! And her care for Hikaru. Step aside, Oujirou, it's Hatoko/Misaki all the way!!

Also, Icchan dressed as Athena was great! Nice legs XD
Sep 30, 2018 8:48 PM

Feb 2015
I dunno...it felt like Shuko got off way too easily just because her daughter is so loving and sweet. Even her apology was more about her than Misaki. Meh.
Love Hatoko and Misaki tho...too cute.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 1 Discussion

ukonkivi - Feb 4, 2009

14 by Sandwichartista »»
Mar 30, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 24 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jul 21, 2009

4 by Strahan »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:40 PM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 22 Discussion

6 by Strahan »»
Feb 4, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 17 Discussion

4 by Strahan »»
Jan 29, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 16 Discussion

3 by Strahan »»
Jan 29, 2023 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.