Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2011 2:11 PM

Oct 2007
Hello, and thank you for joining!

Here's a good ol' introduction post to get to know everyone.

I'm Rachel, aka cabbit-chan, aka SunnyCon's Committee member in charge of Cultural Events. I'm 22, a native of Sunderland and a graduate of Newcastle University (with a minor in Japanese).
I joined Team SunnyCon not too long ago after first hearing about the event on Facebook and was sold after hearing the vision our Committee leader, Michael Tuckwell aka Tucky from Tucky's Anime, had for the convention.
It is going to be awesome!

My favourite anime is probably Tenchi Muyo, my favorite manga is Hana Yori Dango but I do love so much more than those series :)

Fun fact about me - when I studied in Japan back in 2009-2010, i learned a traditional Japanese dance called "Soran Bushi". I won't be doing it at the convention, but I'm hoping to find some people who can! ;)

So... who are you and what brings you to SunnyCon?

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 6, 2011 1:06 AM

Aug 2011
Hey there! My name is Donna, but everyone seems to call me DonnaTron. :)

I'm 25, I live in South Tyneside (near Sunderland), I'm a care worker and most recently got back into cartooning. So to put it bluntly, I'm a cartoonist who looks after people! I also plan to start doing cosplay as a hobby as opposed to just fangirling over how amazing the outfits are made. My first outfit is going to be Power Girl (DC Character). :)

I've been interested in SunnyCon since I joined their facebook page. I honestly think that the North East needs more events like this. There's recently been a Doctor Who/Star Wars one but that's been it :(

I'm more of a fan of what most people would call 'Retro' manga and anime than anything else. I do like a few of the more recent ones, but it's mainly the oldies but goodies. :) My favourite anime is Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (At first it was because I thought the 5 pilots were cute, then I recently re-watched it and understood it a lot more! :) ) and my favourite manga is Vampires by Osamu Tezuka (I don't think it's available in English, but if you can read/understand French, you can find it on Amazon. I really enjoyed it)

I...don't know what else to put down here XD.
Sep 8, 2011 12:44 PM
Mar 2010
Hey there! The name's Mitchel. I live in South Shields and go online as Slavek or Ikoma Ichigo.

I'm currently an unemployed General Office Schmuck who enjoys Anime (Duh), Heavy Metal and Games.
I discovered the Con after a head's up from a friend about the Facebook page and thanked the Gods of nerd-dom for the chance to get Anime and Japanese culture embedded into the north-east!

My favourite Anime is Neon Genesis Evangelion (Eva) and my Favourite Manga is Hellsing. I enjoy most forms of anime too, having Tenchi Muyo, Dominion Tank Police and Hellsing in my collection. I also enjoy the Gundam Series' and am currently attempting to go through as many of them as I can, 08th MS Team still being my favourite.

I know how to speak mere words of Japanese, preferring English Dubbing on anime I watch. I was born in the US to British parents (Making me dual nationality) and plan on returning to visit my home some day.

I'm not what you would call an "Intelligent Gamer".. I enjoy Halo, Gears of War, Guitar Hero and Call of Duty games as well as the Fallout series. However, I make up for it by playing tabletop games like Warhammer 40'000 and Warmachine AND RPGs like World of Darkness, Dungeons & Dragons and L5R, I do also enjoy CCGs, making me an all-round gamer really.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to meeting you all.
Sep 11, 2011 3:34 PM

Oct 2007
Welcome to the club guys :)

Let's get this party started XD

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Sep 13, 2011 10:09 AM
Sep 2011
Hi! I'm Sailor Cadia, I'm 26 and from Sunderland. I heard about SunnyCon when the Sunderland Echo article was published (without, incidentally the con's name if I recall - I found out by asking Tucky via the Tucky's Anime FB page). I like all sorts of anime, my favourites are probably magical girl shows, and mecha shows but I also like general shojo stuff and some shonen too.

My favourite anime and manga is the one that got me into the scene - Sailor Moon! (Already have my re-releases ordered, Sailor V too as I struggled to understand my French copies). I also game a little bit and I enjoy sci-fi I love Doctor Who I grew up watching re-runs and my Dad's tapes of old Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, and Slyvester McCoy episodes. I also grew up watching Star Trek: TNG, DS9, and Voyager! I also enjoy reading, mostly sci-fi, fantasy and paranormal stuff with the occasional auto-biography.

I am also a western comics fan - or at least I dabble, tend to read the trade paperbacks rather than the singles, probably because I bought my own manga first (and my Dad is a comic fan but he usually gets TBPs from the library) - I follow/ed Marvel's Spider-Girl, and Runaways, Captain Britain and the MI-13, and I am currently reading my way through Images' The Walking Dead via borrowing it off one of my brother's (but GAWD it's gotten depressing recently).
Oct 25, 2011 9:18 PM

May 2011
Hi everyone! My name's Jemma, and even though I grew up with a lot of dubbed anime, I've only got into it properly this year! I'm 18 years old and live in North Yorkshire. I was so surprised and happy to see that there is a con so close to where I live (in comparison to others!) and within a good time-frame, so there is a really good chance I'll be able to come. I found out through good ol' Google.

I haven't watched many full anime series (yet), but my favourites so far have been Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Sailor Moon, Lucky Star and Astarotte's Toy! I will hopefully be cosplaying as Mami Tomoe from PMMM, but I will probably have to buy the costume as it's very complicated and I'm a total newb, heh. Two other friends who dabble in anime-watching are really interested in coming too (especially as one lives in Sunderland... no excuse!)

I am REALLY hoping to come up, as it looks hella fun and allows me the chance to unleash my full nerdy power, haha.
Nov 15, 2011 5:22 PM
Oct 2011
Hi, I'm Zofia :D I'm 16, from Jarrow, and just started my A Levels at Gateshead :) I actually found out about this first just by googling to see what cons were happening in the UK, just because we were discussing how awful it is not to have any going on in the area :C Just kinda scrolling down, excpecting to rant about it at the end, you could probably imagine how much I kinda squealed when I saw Sunderland on there XD I'm so excited, this is going to be my first convention, so I hope it's great and that I don't come off as /too/ much of a noob :'D

My favourite anime HAS to be Hetalia, I love it to bits ;w; I'd kept hearing about it but I'd never seen it, but when I got round to it, I loved every second :D Also, I love Death Note, it's the first full anime I watched, and my favourite until APH came along :P

Hmm... interesting facts... pretty thin on the ground there ^^; I can like, totally speak Polish, broski... if that counts? X3

I'm super excited, can't wait to go and hopefully make new friends~ Also, content in the knowledge that I'm not the only cosplayer in Tyne & Wear :'D Yay!!! *le feels not-forever-alone*
Dec 4, 2011 11:57 AM
Nov 2011
My name is Chris
26 and from Co. Durham

I currently work in the public sector (i didnt strike though on the 30th Nov) but my contract is up after December
I got into anime/manga about 16 year old - first manga was Battle Angel Alita - first anime was Tenchi Muyo :D (it was shown on Cartoon Network) or Cardcaptors (i didnt know it was anime when i started watching it)

Favourite Anime - Tenchi Muyo, Gundam, Dragonaball, Death Note, AH My Goddess, Bleach etc
Manga - pretty much the same

Massive Gamer, quite a big wrestling fan - quite a geek :)

Fingers crossed i can come to Sunny-con!
Jan 5, 2012 6:42 AM
Jan 2012
Hi im Victoria Hansford im new here im 17 from Sunderland (orginally and now i live in Chorley)

im a full time student at Preston College
i first started getting into anime when i watched the orginal pokemon and sailor moon

Favourite anime for now is Black Butler, Durarara, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host club

Favourite game is Kingdom hearts

i am definately coming to SunnyCon and ill be doing a panel cause yes i am a cosplayer

i do cosplay as Shizuo from Durarara, Ciel Phantomhive, Riku from KH, Kaoru Hitachiin.
Jan 23, 2012 10:51 AM
Jan 2012
Hi Guys! I'm Jonathan (but everyone online calls me Auto ^^)
I'm 27 from Seaham, Co. Durham.

I'm full time supervisor/service host at ASDA - keep meaning to do my access to university in order to take the 'Japanese Language and Cultural Studies' course at Newcastle, but every year theres *something* crops up to prevent it, lol ^_^;

My fave franchise would have to be 'Ghost in the Shell' (whether it be Masamune Shirow's original Manga, Mamoru Oshii's movie adaptations, or Kenji Kamiyama's 'Stand Alone Complex' series, as well as all tie-in novels) - i love everything about that world!

I'm a big fan of Japanese cinema (not just anime) and my other interests include sci-fi, horror,fantasy, videogames (FPS/RPG/Survival Horror) and overal am a self-confessed geek/otaku in general lol. I'm also quite the Technophile lol.

I'm new to this forum (only discovered it today thanks to a Sunny-con related post on facebook!) So it's going to take a while for me to fill in my profile/anime list (as i've been a fan for around 15 years) far too many to list here. ^_^

I was suprised at how many other people locally were into similar interests (the Metrocentre Tokyopop Recon was an eye opener!) so i'm hoping to make some new friends at this event! :)

I've never cosplayed before, but have always wanted to.. so if you see a random Moogle wandering around SunnyCon (translation: guy in a dodgy hat, wearing white and ending each sentance with "Kupo!"), it could be me finally giving it a shot, haha XD
Mar 6, 2012 2:19 PM
Mar 2012
Hi everyone. I am William here.
I am 26 here and studying in Sunderland university.

I am fan of anime and games XD.

i have been to Hyper Japan and now i am in love with japan XD.

At the moment just busy with assignments and looking forward to see any of you guys who are going for the sunderland sunnycon XD.
Jul 8, 2012 4:14 AM
Jul 2012
Hi! I'm Bethany, I came to Sunnycon and I'm really looking forwards to Sunnycon2!
I'm 14 years old (Almost 15 :D) and live in Spennymoor, Durham :D I absolutley love anime and manga and cosplay bwahaha - although I am fairly new to cosplay!
My favourite anime HAS to be Axis Powers: Hetalia but I'm also in love with Inuyasha, Kuroshitsuji, The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hidamari Sketch and Keroro Gunsou!

Um.. I don't know what else to write except DFTBA! xx
Aug 6, 2012 2:42 PM
Aug 2012
Hi Steven here.

May already know me for Kick ass and Tron Guy UK. Party Hard type of guy (Andrew WK ref.) Apart from that and My life changing year so far. I suppose I am more relaxed now and chilled out. So I cannot really say much as a lot is changing in my life.

Hoping to get my next big project a trail run before mcm at this con. Your guests are great so far as well. I cannot wait soon be buying my ticket.

Edit: Oh and would you look at that lucky 13 shows his face again my grim reaper costume.
Sep 30, 2012 11:34 AM
Sep 2012
Hi,

I'm Kirsty, I'm taking my nephew to SunnyCon next year and I wanted to know if i could enter the skit contest with him. He really wants to get up there but he doesnt want to do it alone. I will be 16 by then and he will still be six. Would i be able to do cosplay with him?

Thanks xx
Nov 27, 2012 12:27 PM
Nov 2012
Hey there, I'm Amy but I usually go by my youtube name Glacie :) I'm 13 and live in Cheshire.

Sunnycon 2013 is going to be the first convention I've ever been to so I'm pretty excited :D
My favourite Anime would have to be Pokemon because I grew up watching and playing it. I'm a massive fan of gaming and looking forward to March 2013!
Jan 2, 2013 8:26 AM
Apr 2012
Never realised there was an MAL group for Sunnycon. You guys should publicise it more!

Anyways, good morning/afternoon/evening! I'm Matt, 21, and current president of Northumbria Students' Union's Japanese culture, Animation and Comics Society and presenter of Japanese music radio show Genki Up North on Newcastle Student Radio.

We're holding our own cosplay clubnight event just before Sunnycon actually. Keep an eye on our website or ask at our forum if you're interested: http://nsujacdan.co.uk

The series that brought me into anime was Haruhi, which I'm trying to keep on top of keeping an up to date collection of all the media, but it's too much for one man to handle!

My first con experience was Sunnycon last year, and I am quite looking forward to this year's event.
Jan 8, 2013 1:13 PM
Jan 2013
I'm ChronoSaiyan, and as you can tell from my username I love Chrono Trigger and Dragon Ball Z. I plan to be going to SunnyCon this year. Any advice for recording there, as in being able to be heard on the recording?
Feb 24, 2013 7:46 AM
Feb 2013
Hi there!

My name is Rubin and I'm from Leeds~!

I'm going to SunnyCon because it's for my birthday!. This will be my first anime convention and I'm hoping to have lots of fun with my friends c:

Any tips on going to cons? ouo
Mar 14, 2013 12:56 PM
Mar 2013
RubinP said:
Hi there!

My name is Rubin and I'm from Leeds~!

I'm going to SunnyCon because it's for my birthday!. This will be my first anime convention and I'm hoping to have lots of fun with my friends c:

Any tips on going to cons? ouo

Always bring:
Food
Drink
a SAFE purse/wallet/place to keep money
Spare bags for all your purchases
A camera
Rucksack can be a good idea
Phone so you don't loose your friends
Write a list of events you want to see and set an alarm or you may completely forget XD
Comfy shoes!!!!!

If you're in costume, bring
Safety pins
Spare clothes
Mar 15, 2013 12:50 PM

Mar 2013
Hi guys!

This will be my very first time that I will have been to SunnyCon and it sounds amazing!

I will be there over the weekend, and I shall be in my quadsuit! He will be of my fursona, Boo the wolf, and will be my first time in wearing and making such a thing!

If you see me, please come and say Hello! I don't bite! Really!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Where is Sunny-con at?

Animefanchris - Jan 8, 2012

0 by Animefanchris »»
Jan 8, 2012 11:24 AM

» Guest announcements - your thoughts?

rachelcabbit - Sep 11, 2011

2 by Cielcosplayer12 »»
Jan 5, 2012 6:45 AM

» Life on Mars / Ashes to Ashes Group

SailorCadia - Sep 13, 2011

0 by SailorCadia »»
Sep 13, 2011 2:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.