Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2008 10:21 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so is the final episode of Someday's Dreamers.

It was a charming, and very nice ending to a overall good enough series, that I felt the watery eyes coming. Even thou the series definitely could have been a lot better, I'm sad to finish it... (But that's where the new spin-off season kicks in, yay!)
I've got to check the manga out, it was the artwork and story synopsis of the manga that got me wanting to check out the anime in the first place. Hopefully the manga doesn't stuff up like the anime did.

I was initially going to (and wanted to), marathon this series in 1-2 days, however, the dreadful episode 7 and life-circumstances prevented and pushed me from doing so... Unfortunately, after episode 7, the rest of the series until episode 12 just wasn't the same as the first half, and if it weren't for the good final episode this series would be getting a 7/10, but as it is now, I am giving a 8/10, which will probably be reduced to a 7/10 eventually over time.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2008 4:19 AM

Jan 2008
It was great, i can't tell otherwise. This anime had a great story line, it was great to watch, no bull* in it. This kind of anime are rare to find.
I look forward to the spin-off (actually, im gonna watch it now :D)

I wonder why this show hasn't got any replies as of yet?

8/10 (I wanted to give a 9/10, but i'm being realistic and give it an 8/10)

Give us Moe!
~de Arimasu
Sep 4, 2010 11:27 PM

Sep 2008
I'm just going to delude myself in thinking that Oyamada is specifically just waiting for Yume to get older since he's not a pedo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2011 9:33 PM

Nov 2010
Siing said:
Unfortunately, after episode 7, the rest of the series until episode 12 just wasn't the same as the first half
episode 9 was very good imo.
You are null and void!
Jan 5, 2012 10:00 AM
May 2011
Can anyone give me the link for this anime? I can't seem to find it.It ends up showing the sequel of the show somehow in the results :\
Feb 24, 2013 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
Overal a meh series. I guess this slice of life feeling just doesn't mix with magic and the backgrounds. 5/10
May 24, 2014 3:14 AM

Feb 2013
This anime was completely not what I was expecting....it really got depressing lol. Still a good one though, I'm giving it a 7/10 although that ending made me want to bump it up to an 8.
Jun 16, 2014 2:12 PM

May 2012
Overall average anime I must say, the magic concept was quite lovely but the setting and rather bad pace just made it rather meh. But well I do wonder what the spin-off has to offer us which does seem a bit more interesting!
Sep 19, 2014 7:01 AM

Jul 2012
for me it was a 6/10, the ending was good but I feel it actually didn't happen anything in 10 episodes..
Aug 5, 2015 12:48 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I actually liked the pace of this series. No need too rush. No need to slow down any further. There were some parts that I felt were just overly emotional to the point where I couldn't take the show seriously, but for the most part, I felt this was a sweet show. Seeing Yume grow throughout these episodes was great. I've been trying to see how a slice of life/magic show would work out, and I thought this was fine enough.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 28, 2015 4:21 PM

Nov 2012
One of my Japanese friends recommended me the version from 2008 and I didn't like it much but I wanted to check this one too and surprisingly I liked it. Maybe it is slow, maybe the plot itself wasn't too complicated but I was left with some good feelings in the end so I'm giving it a 6/10
Oct 17, 2015 2:58 AM

Aug 2013
I had a lot of trouble getting into this show. Everything felt so slow.

5/10
Jan 30, 2016 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
It had potential to be much better, if it was a bit longer and the characters had more time to develop. Overall 8/10 from me (mostly due to very good and at few times simply amazing soundtrack :-)).
Aug 13, 2016 6:41 PM

Jun 2013
I am not ashamed to admit that i was tearing up the entire episode, all i wanted the entire series and especially the last three episodes was for Yume to be happy, and in the end it looks like she is!
Was debating on whether to give this a 9 or a 10, but since this is so underrated im going to give it a 10 because i have enjoyed it so very much and i cant wait to watch the sequel thats supposed to be even better :)
May 24, 2017 7:30 AM

Mar 2016
This show deserves credit for maintaining a consistent theme throughout, and having the conclusion actually do something to broach the subject that they've been playing with.
Aug 22, 2017 1:48 AM

Jun 2016
I'm going to miss this, for me, very subversive anime. The original red flags I had were almost all flipped by the end of the show, those being a weak self insert, poor reverse harem yaoi characters, and authority being a lazy villain. I really like this cast, everyone felt like real human beings, people who had things about them that weren't obvious, problems, ambitions, motivations. The story was pretty wacky at times, but it was clearly not trying to be realistic or follow set rules of its world, rather it was trying to play with it's theme and cast the best it could alone. I also want to add, that ending was surprisingly very satisfying. We see a send off, get an idea of how these characters will move forward in the future and we even see that Kera became a trainee! I wasn't expecting to be so happy with the ending. The Runa pinky swear was adorable.

Yume was somewhat boring, but why was she, I think it was so we could learn with her, she felt somewhat like a self insert and I can only assume that was very purposeful. Someday's Dreamers is a story about being kind to others and never giving up. In the end Yume had to learn the lesson she herself taught the boy she took to the moon, that as long as you try with all your heart everything will be okay. She, being somewhat bland, took us with her, as a parallel to ourselves, on this journey of discovery.

Unfortunately, due to the stories ridiculously fast pacing at times it created so much melodrama that it was hard to not laugh at. If there were a handful more episode then this show would of been a lot better, melodrama probably would of still been there, but it would of been less intense. And just because the anime didn't care about having an inconsistent world, with an inconsistent and weak literary story, doesn't mean it's not an issue. The chimes bringing the boy back to life, Angela randomly falling in love, Special Power not being able to heal people very much but being able to replace a prosthetic leg with a real leg that's fully functional, you know just some of the questionable decisions. I'm more lenient with Oyamada being able to speak with his dead girl, and the moon picnic because in the former that is a believable power, and in the latter it could of been some form of a hallucination or something, or even just a hyperbole. Lastly, there were some real technical difficulties in this anime, mouths not moving nearly every episode, and very noticeable horrible audio balancing. Audio is noticeable in this very episode, where static can be heard come in and leave with Mitsuko and Yume talking in the hospital with no music on, and in an earlier scene where Oyamada was speaking to Yume through a door(in which we could only see her silhouette) and she sounded clear as day and closer to the mic than Oyamada did.

The soundtrack was phenomenal, paired with the beautifully human cast and the themes of trying your best to be kind to others without fear and never giving up in the face of failure because there is always another route, made this a fantastic, optimistic and relaxing experience. However, the rushed pacing, poor melodrama going so far to ruin some entire episodes(Inoue and Angela's confession episode), the technical difficulties and the sloppy inconsistent story and world, is too much to overlook. That being said, I enjoyed this very much and would recommend it to anyone who loves relaxing beautiful music and healing type shows. 6/10
Oct 16, 2017 8:40 PM

Aug 2014
boring ending to a boring show.. as much as i like happy endings i think i wouldve prefered her quiting and becoming a baker or something instead..

few things bugged me though like how the special power people were controlled by the normies and how boring a modern world with magic would actually be.. oh and was there no point to her mother being a legendary mage when the only maybe legendary thing she did was conjure money from nothing
Dec 27, 2017 3:09 PM

Jul 2016
Am i going crazy or in the opening they show 2 characters that we will never see in the show ??
Mar 10, 2019 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
Well so those were after all misunderstanding and result of her overthinking? Why they didn't inform her earlier whatsoever so that we couldn't had to watch through these awful melodrama!

This show started okay and definitely gave me Haibane Renmei feels but then after the second half it still didn't developed well about the magic system and its limitations. Also many of these midst episodes were filler as how the final episodes played out like Yume didn't get developed. Also the writing was too weak filled with coincidence and misunderstandings elements especially in the second half. Seriously and some scenes doesn't make any sense! want to give example but I already forgot the character' names so whatever.

Also the english dub wasn't any good and was actually making it worse somehow which I realised in the midst of nine episode (during that confession as how inconsistent her voice acting was).

Overall, could been a decent healing show (as it had workable concept for that) but ended up rage inducing show for me with all those poor angst scenes!
Oct 8, 2019 11:51 AM

Aug 2012
This Anime is one of the most mediocre productions I've ever watched. Every aspect of this series is just so incredibly bland. Story was plain and underdeveloped. Animation was bland and uninspired. Character designs boring and the soundtrack forgettable. Not single thing in this show is good but it's also not bad either. It's just mediocre melodrama fluff that put in minimal effort to get a passing grade. Even at 12 episodes this a slog and I couldn't be more unfulfilled now it's ended. If it was bad, like truly awful, then at least I'd feel angry but this show just left me empty and totally wondering why I stuck with it for 5 hours.
Feb 1, 2022 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
Accord said:
Am i going crazy or in the opening they show 2 characters that we will never see in the show ??

I was thinking the exact same thing lol
- - -

Overall, I found the series to be fairly melodramatic and sometimes depressing. I'm glad it ended on a good note though, and I somehow found myself feeling a sort of way when she said goodbye to all her friends. I really enjoyed the sound production. The last scene with sensei... ugh my poor ship with Zennouseke!

I was also disappointed we never saw them salsa dance.
SolarPioneerFeb 1, 2022 2:42 PM
Oct 26, 2022 3:39 PM

May 2014
i have a lot of fondness for these sorts of sad quiet somber anime from the 00s, this one is unfortunately quite boring and isn't even all that nice to look at or listen to. disappointing but i appreciate that it exists and tried to be something interesting

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto Episode 4 Discussion

Cratex - Dec 25, 2012

5 by Exiz79 »»
Jul 11, 2022 1:15 AM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto Episode 2 Discussion

Cratex - Dec 23, 2012

8 by Exiz79 »»
Jul 5, 2022 11:28 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto Episode 10 Discussion

Cratex - Dec 31, 2012

5 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Aug 21, 2017 12:02 AM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto Episode 9 Discussion

Cratex - Dec 29, 2012

4 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Aug 20, 2017 11:32 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto Episode 8 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Sep 4, 2010

7 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Aug 20, 2017 9:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.