Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 28, 2011 11:23 PM

Feb 2011
Oosran said:
Can't people just stay dead in shows like this?

The girl from the first episode stayed dead. The mother who died in the past stayed dead from the 2nd storyline (the father never died, was just kidnapped). It's not like the show's got a pattern of reviving dead people so I'm not sure why you're complaining. Alice even complained this episode about telling the story of someone who was still living. She considers it a detective's job to speak for the dead.

Nasty001 said:
arsonal said:
Embarrassment couldn't be any cuter.

Ok, so what's with that face?

She almost confessed to Narumi, and freaked out. She also freaked out when he said he wanted to stay by her side. I don't think he meant it as a love confession, but apparently she took it that way.
Aug 29, 2011 10:20 AM

May 2011
Alice was just so cuteee. She's just taking whatever Narumi says the wrong way, don't know how that scene could have became about love. >.>

Ending wasn't a surprise but it was definitely a good ending for this arc. Yugioh left leaving a good impression to everyone after a tie in his duel.
Aug 29, 2011 3:09 PM

Mar 2010
Aversa said:
Is it just me or is this one of the only Anime to deal so openly with non Western immigrants in Japan?

The episode itself was a bit disappointing and a bit to obvious from my point of view.
Tho i have to say Hison being the owner of the shop was a nice twist.
It must have been painful for the Fourth to keep that all a secret from his friend.
Keikochan4 said:
I alwasy laugh when Japanese try to improve their Hungarian skills in anime. They did the same mistake in 11eyes, too (I didn't watch it) with the Hungarian episode titles, but it was much worse. The emblem Narumi wears on his T-shirt is not written as "Feketerigő", but "Feketerigó" and it's means Black Thrush. :D I'll bear with it, probably...
You can't really blame someone for writhing a foreign language to them wrong.
Especially if it's just a single character.

i think you are right..btw i am hungarian so i was just happy when i saw that name...it's like when some Trinity Blood episode are located in tha capital of Hungary..it" nince i think...it's not about one character...
Aug 30, 2011 12:37 AM

Jan 2011
Knew from the start Hison was that guy with the glasses. Was hinted throughout the previous episodes. Pretty good episode overall. I simply can't get enough of Alice getting all shy and blushing. Damn that was cute. xD
Aug 30, 2011 12:58 AM

Nov 2010
I love it when Alice misunderstands things Narumi says to her, its so damn moe.
Aug 30, 2011 4:12 AM
May 2009
I think I'll be dropping this. Not because it's particularly bad or anything, but whenever a new episode comes out I find myself thinking of it as a chore to watch rather than being eager to see what happens. Guess it's just not for me.
Aug 30, 2011 6:07 AM
Dec 2007
IZUMI64 said:
Well, I bet most of us already figured out about that "Transgender" thing since last week ep...

though That tailor dude or "dude" deserve it. She was a bitch, and bitch deserve all bad thing that happened to them!
Dude, so "she" was the bitch? It wasn't the OWNER OF THE DAMN BAR AND HER BOSS. Of course it wasn't his fault. It's totally because she tried to seduce him, right right.

Let's get this straight ok. Hison was an illegal alien. The owner of the club she worked at (and a yakuza leader) obviously knew that. I don't think she had any choice in the matter here. Whether she actually was willing or not is beside the point of the story and was never told (nor was it ever revealed). Only facts were revealed.

Aug 30, 2011 8:12 AM

Jan 2011
I don't know why, but this anime just keep getting better by the episode.
Aug 31, 2011 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
Finally this arc is over. So far the anime has not been living up to my expectations at all.
Aug 31, 2011 9:26 PM

Oct 2010
IZUMI64 said:
though That tailor dude or "dude" deserve it. She was a bitch, and bitch deserve all bad thing that happened to them!
Dude, she was involved in a shitty gang and it was most likely the shitty life around her or the shitty family's fault. COME ON! You can't blame herself for it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 1, 2011 4:07 AM

Dec 2010
This episode was a nice end to this arc. Ending was just too awesome i wonder what would've happened if Alice finished her sentence at the end of that episode and confessed XD
Sep 3, 2011 9:25 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ending to the arc but those two guys are acting a little ridiculous imo.
Sep 3, 2011 11:05 PM

Nov 2007
Narumi was actually useful this time....

err so Hison became the stitcher at that shop? I actually didn't see that coming. not that bad of an ending. maybe Yugi Renji will be back later.
Sep 4, 2011 4:56 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty bleh episode for myself.
All I found out was that the ed singer voices Renji.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2011 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
Didn't really like this episode. Kind of boring. Narumi really pisses me off now. I can't believe Renji and Fourth ended it all doing a fistfight. Also annoying Alice blushing and bleh -_-"
@Hawthorne lol I didn't know that either o_O
Random baseball next episode? WTF? Good thing this is almost over
Sep 8, 2011 8:24 AM
Mar 2010
Great episode.... and oooii Alice... what she would say??? eheheheh.....
Yondaime and Renji are very good charas and Narumi isn't useless like Kujo ahahah
Next episode what is?? baseball match??? o_O

next to 9th ep
Sep 9, 2011 8:27 PM

Apr 2011
First time I get to see a character who's female, voiced by a man. FIRST TIME!

This was so good.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 21, 2011 2:21 AM

Jan 2011
Glad I started to catch up on this. If you consider that Hison not only lost her child but also underwent a forced hysterectomy (and the various hormonal changes that accompany that), you can see how she might reject acting as a woman (although she certainly is not acting very masculine either). She also may still be hiding from the ex-wife and probably is an illegal resident of Japan. On the other hand she certainly has acted towards the fourth as if she cares about him--check out the baseball cap scene in the preview. Chaz Bono she ain't--she is a deeply traumatized person who is hiding in plain sight.

I thought this was a pretty good arc.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 26, 2011 10:22 PM

Mar 2011
That was actually pretty good. Glad it's over.

Baseball match, eh? Interesting.
Oct 5, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2010
I am no ordinary detective, I am a NEET detective, speaker for the dead

How the heck can you say that with pride?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 17, 2012 12:39 AM

Mar 2010
what a good way to end this arc. But I would be much prefer if they put in more detailed in the end , but I am quite satisfied =D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2013 10:42 PM

Jul 2009
i almost cried at the end :(

i love their bromance!!!

i mean you rarely see that kind of attitude nowadays.

despite fighting and hating each other in no ends, you still care about each other in the end.

and when Soichirou and Yoshiki finished the shirt, man T___T

i didn't like Soichirou in the first few episode due to his brash attitude out of nowhere, but i gain a new respect for him.

still hate Narumi though, fucking worthless and he made it even complicated as it is.

so Yoshiki is Hison huh!

shame she has to give up her identity, i wonder if she wants to see Renji again?

man Yakuza women are fucking crazy!!!

really love Alice expression!

Mel Kishida art is amazing!!!!!

Alice is soo tiny!!!!!!

lover her Blushing!!!!!!!

next episode baseball!!!!

i hope Alice is playing!!!!!
Jun 18, 2013 4:02 PM

Jul 2012
I knew Yoshiki was a girl somehow, but I didn't make the connection between Hison and Yoshiki at all.

Not bad.
Jun 27, 2013 1:35 AM

Jan 2013
Yupp good episode as always
Aug 18, 2013 9:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
helur said:
Alice and Narumi's relationship from where? I always love shippings, but there is zip in terms of actual development.

Yeah I don't actually see any chemistry between them, or why she got attacked to Narumi so quickly. By the second (third?) episode, she was already calling him her assistant and wanted him nearby. If anything, I'd rather see Narumi and Ayaka together since she was the first one to approach him. Glad everything turned out nicely once again, especially because of how close Renji and yondaime used to be. Still not totally sure why Hison decided to live as a guy instead of staying as a girl but meh, she looks happy so why not.
Nov 18, 2013 1:12 PM

Jan 2011
The logic behind Alice and Narumi's relationship is that both are the main characters. Supporting characters stand no chance, no matter what. Main characters throw out several hundred years of relationship with a supporting characters for a loving word of another main character.

The only thing going for a supporting character over a MC would be if s/he would have some kind of special powers or would come from a different world/dimension etc., main characters always go for those, too. If there are both several main characters and people with special powers, at least one MC besides the actual protagonist has special powers too though..so again, supporting characters draw the short straw. And out of Ayaka and Alice, Alice clearly has more extraordinary powers. Ayaka is a nice girl and all and all, but Alice is super-moe and super-hacker.
Nov 20, 2013 8:46 AM

Jun 2011
0.o Whoa, I actually DIDN'T see Hison-Yoshiki coming. I had my suspects from Yoshiki's "illness" on something being up, but never did I expect that. XD
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Jan 4, 2014 11:05 AM
Jul 2012
dis is da best episode ever~~~~~~ TwT
what a story!!! TwT
Jun 16, 2014 6:50 PM

Nov 2008
I knew it! Although I thought that she was a guy from the beginning.
Jul 19, 2014 12:41 PM

Feb 2014
NwAurion said:
[QQ] Supporting characters never wins [/QQ]

The moment a supporting character gets the main character it'll seize to be a supporting character.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Aug 6, 2014 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
i wished Renji will go see her & ask, why did u become that gangsters lover & so on & on, little bit of Drama would have been good :D

i would have wanted to hear more of their background story, was she blackmailed? did she do it to save the life of the 2? or did she really fall in love with that gangster, so meany unanswered questions
Sugram22Aug 6, 2014 5:34 AM
Aug 13, 2014 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
Alice blushing was so cute

Great ep 5/5

I wish Renji could stay ;(
Oct 5, 2014 10:28 AM

Jun 2008
IT'S A TRAP!

Nov 9, 2014 7:04 PM

Feb 2013
Well that was unexpected.....holy poop.

Ah....Alice is so cute when she is embarrassed <3
Nov 22, 2014 7:14 PM

Jun 2014
i have a feeling that Yoshiki is a gay in the previous episode. lol
Dec 18, 2014 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
Good Arc! Very glad that they included Hison as a transgendered character! Good Diversity!
Apr 9, 2015 1:45 PM

Dec 2014
Alice! Confess already! xD And i can't believe that the tailor shop guy was actually a girl..
Jul 11, 2015 7:29 AM

Dec 2013
Best episode for me so far! Like the story twist. Really shocked to know that the guy that was actually a woman, is a woman after all and Narumi was a badass when he lead the butterfly boys

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Sep 16, 2015 6:06 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Alice is just so cute *-*
But kinda sad ending :/

Nov 10, 2015 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
GEEZ Narumi is so tense, he did not notice that Alice was about to confess to him

Alice said that Yoshiki is suppressing her feelings for 4th & Renji like she wasn't able to chose between the to, if that would be true then she would never been that gangsters lover, she just so the 2 as her brothers
Jul 31, 2016 4:15 PM
Jan 2012
wow narumi was very helpful and responsible in the episode.
I suspected that one of the store's cash was linked to the Hinamura but not really drew q could be the Hison. Great plot twist. Good end of bow and episode.
Mar 18, 2017 10:13 PM

Mar 2016
This was an awesome episode! There's one thing I never quite understood though...why was a gang organizing a concert? o.O

I'm glad things turned out well between Souichiro and Renji...I really liked Renji's character, so I'm a bit disappointed he left.
Apr 20, 2017 12:48 PM

Feb 2012
I suspected the twist since the shop owner's voice sounded odd although I also thought she might be in the basement of the store too.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 18, 2019 5:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not my favourite arc :/
Jan 21, 2020 1:52 AM

Dec 2015
"Hmmm yes today I lost my baby and my womb and ovaries, so now I must become a man."

Fucking okay then. What a dumb conclusion to this whole thing. Her identity was predictable the entire time but man was it still disappointing. What a farce.
Jun 23, 2020 2:50 PM

May 2020
I am glad Renji and Sou were OK the end. A lot of stuff got cleared up and it was a good episode. As for the arc as a whole, it was OK.
lazypersonbluesJun 23, 2020 2:53 PM
Jun 17, 2021 3:17 PM

Mar 2019
Waitt, Yoshiki was the girl that "died"? I didn't really see that coming, mainly because they said she died and also there was another conflict I was focusing on so I didn't expect this to happen. The ending was great same with these last 2 episodes.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 21, 2023 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
Finally this arc is over, frankly I did not give a crap about any of these characters.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

73 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 3, 9:22 PM

» Alice, I cant understand her.

Playcool - Jun 5, 2016

3 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 4, 2023 7:13 PM

» When they make season 2 of Kamisama no Memochou

Sugram22 - Aug 30, 2013

20 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:03 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

212 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Jul 2, 2011

306 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 11, 2023 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.