Forum Settings
Forums

Anime and Live-Action Films of 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure' Announced

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
#1
Aug 25, 2011 8:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
According to Weekly Bunshun magazine, an anime movie and a live-action movie of manga JoJo's Bizarre Adventure were announced. The two films will be produced by different producers and will be premiered in or after next summer.

Two OVA series and one anime movie of Jojo have been produced. The DVD or the Blu-ray of the anime movie hasn't been released yet although it's been four years since the premiere.

Source: Scan of Bunshun
Modified by Naruleach, Aug 25, 2011 10:47 PM
 
#2
Aug 25, 2011 8:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5711
HOLY SHIT. I hope this is actually good. (considering aside from the D'Arby and Dio episodes the anime was a pretty weak adaptation)

Wonder what part it will be. Hopefully anything but part 1.
Modified by notsureifsrs, Aug 25, 2011 8:37 PM
 
#3
Aug 25, 2011 8:38 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 699


FINALLY, some more JoJo anime :D
AND a live action movie? Didn't see that at first, not sure how it's gonna turn out since JoJo seems like it would be really hard to adapt, but whatever, I've still got my hopes up!
Modified by tarzantom22, Aug 25, 2011 8:41 PM
 
#4
Aug 25, 2011 8:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 307
Oh shi--
I want to see the friggin' SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE in live-action, but any other part is fine too, I suppose.
I just hope it won't be another Stardust Crusaders' adaptation.
 
 
#5
Aug 25, 2011 8:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5711
If a part needs an adaptation it's part 2. Joseph kicked ass. With his balls.
 
#6
Aug 25, 2011 9:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Oh man! I hope this actually comes out on DVD and isn't as cutout as the Phantom Blood movie.
Oh yes.
 
#7
Aug 25, 2011 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1396
it's funny, all these new remakes or sequels, i planned on watching the original series.
 
#8
Aug 25, 2011 9:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5711
Kazeshini said:
it's funny, all these new remakes or sequels, i planned on watching the original series.
Well read the manga first. The anime is really just fight fanservice as the events are totally switched around and many things removed.
 
 
#9
Aug 25, 2011 9:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 560
*fist pump*

Now THIS is something I'm looking forward to.
 
Aug 25, 2011 9:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1396
notsureifsrs said:
Kazeshini said:
it's funny, all these new remakes or sequels, i planned on watching the original series.
Well read the manga first. The anime is really just fight fanservice as the events are totally switched around and many things removed.

That I plan on doing also :)
 
Aug 25, 2011 10:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 4288
I've only played the game and the story was amazing. I'll watch this once it's out.

 
 
Aug 25, 2011 10:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1129
Looks like I have a reason to read all of the manga now.
Ok™
 
Aug 25, 2011 10:45 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 53
Welp, now I REALLY have to start reading the manga. orz
 
Aug 25, 2011 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 947
i hope speed wagon apears in this :P and a live action will be bitching if they get the ripple effect right they need the guys who did the hokuto musou CG videos

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
 
Aug 25, 2011 11:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15166
Maybe I should finally read the manga that has been sitting on my hard drive for the longest time. I've heard pretty much nothing but good about this series well except for Part 1.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Aug 26, 2011 12:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1530
WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah.
 
Aug 26, 2011 12:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2972


This is the best news. Ever.

Given Araki having disowned the Phantom Blood movie, I doubt it'll be a direct follow-on from that, so the most likely arc I can think of is Steel Ball Run... but that's way too long to adapt. With that in mind, Battle Tendency does seem like the most likely arc to adapt...
Modified by Lindle, Aug 26, 2011 1:05 AM
 
 
Aug 26, 2011 1:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 222
Not sure if want live action.

Dont think real people can be buff enough + be flexible enough to make the fabulous poses...
 
Aug 26, 2011 5:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 254
i wanna see this line.
Modified by kusushi, Aug 26, 2011 5:06 AM
 
Aug 26, 2011 7:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3339
sorry got other stuff to catch on with first maybe after that
 
Aug 26, 2011 8:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1083
Awesome. I mean the anime ofc, not interested in the live-action.

A tv series would have been even more amazing, but oh well.
Modified by Zero, Aug 26, 2011 10:08 AM
 
 
Aug 26, 2011 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 161
I don't care about live-action, but an anime movie is great!
UncleJemimahs said:

That was exactly my reaction.

But I wonder, which part will they adapt?
 
Aug 26, 2011 10:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1536
It's steamroller time...!

* holds in negative thoughts about live-action* T-tokusatsu?
 
Aug 26, 2011 10:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 623
Hokuto Hyakuretsu-ken!!!!



AH-TATATATATA!!!!!

you're already dead.

anyway, how these scene gonna look like on live action
 
Aug 26, 2011 4:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2743
Sweet, more Dio ;)
 
 
Aug 26, 2011 9:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2972
MotokoAramaki said:
Sweet, more Dio ;)
Who said anything about Dio? It could easily be arc 2, 4, 5, or 7 they're doing something with.
 
Aug 26, 2011 10:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5711
Lind_L_Tailor said:
MotokoAramaki said:
Sweet, more Dio ;)
Who said anything about Dio? It could easily be arc 2, 4, 5, or 7 they're doing something with.
Dio was in 7.
And Giorno is basically young Dio. He doesn't actually show up anywhere except when he tries to remember his father, though.
 
Aug 27, 2011 12:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2972
notsureifsrs said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
MotokoAramaki said:
Sweet, more Dio ;)
Who said anything about Dio? It could easily be arc 2, 4, 5, or 7 they're doing something with.
Dio was in 7.
And Giorno is basically young Dio. He doesn't actually show up anywhere except when he tries to remember his father, though.
No, Diego was in 7. Not quite the same thing. Similar enough, though.

And Giorno was quite a different character to Dio. For one, he wasn't villainous. If any of his sons are Young Dio, it would be Donatello.
 
Aug 27, 2011 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 161
Lind_L_Tailor said:
No, Diego was in 7. Not quite the same thing. Similar enough, though.

He is basically the same character, and he is even called Dio most of the time.
Modified by mado_2ki, Apr 19, 2012 8:16 PM
 
Aug 27, 2011 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2292
JoJo live-action sounds scary. As bizarre as it can get, i bet.
 
Aug 27, 2011 12:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2578
Nice, let's hope it'll be good ;)
“We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let’s not disappear like a firework, and continue to shine forever.”


 
Aug 27, 2011 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 161
Shueisha Downplays Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Film Report
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-26/shueisha-downplays-jojo-bizarre-adventure-film-report

It was too good to be true.
 
Aug 28, 2011 12:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 157
notsureifsrs said:
If a part needs an adaptation it's part 2. Joseph kicked ass. With his balls.
hahahaha !

the best comment EVAAA ~!
any way according to the ova which SUCKED a lot from my point of view .
i hated the colors , the voices , the ugly faces ( considered to the manga ) & the fucking directing .... My Beloved IGGY killed by DIO ? by stepped over him in a car ? that's fu*ked up .
and there will be a LIVE ACTION ? hah ! good luck .

to me Jojo's bizzare is MY BEST NUMBER 1 MANGA I EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE .
the manga kicked ass ! if they weren't gonna make an awesome anime like the manga without cutting the small details , then they should just stop .
 
 
Aug 28, 2011 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5711
Rinso said:
Shueisha Downplays Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Film Report
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-26/shueisha-downplays-jojo-bizarre-adventure-film-report

It was too good to be true.
I am so disappoint.

I guess my body was not ready for FABULOUS in live action.
 
May 12, 2012 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2972
Lindle said:
notsureifsrs said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
MotokoAramaki said:
Sweet, more Dio ;)
Who said anything about Dio? It could easily be arc 2, 4, 5, or 7 they're doing something with.
Dio was in 7.
And Giorno is basically young Dio. He doesn't actually show up anywhere except when he tries to remember his father, though.
No, Diego was in 7. Not quite the same thing. Similar enough, though.
And coming back to this after chapter 90:
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.