Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 25, 2011 11:00 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another beautiful episode.

At least Masako is showing some motherly feelings there.

Kouki's mother in Daikichi's imagination looks good. xD
StormViruzAug 25, 2011 11:04 AM
Aug 25, 2011 11:01 AM

Feb 2010
Fantastic episode. Rin is growing to be a beautiful/kind young lady.

Love when Dai-chan fantasizes about Kouki's mom... lol
Aug 25, 2011 11:05 AM
May 2011
Me too I love it when Daikichi has day dreams about Kouki's mom xD. She is pretty so I see why any guy wouldnt.
ban1o.jpg
Aug 25, 2011 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
she is a mother after all. it was only a matter of time before she started to realize what she is missing. her seeing her daughter must have awoken some motherly feelings.

also its interesting that she noted that dai looks like his grandpa.....the look on her face was rather interesting. apparently she has a thing for old men haha.
Aug 25, 2011 11:17 AM

Jul 2009
harharhar, daikichi and his milfs
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Aug 25, 2011 11:38 AM

Apr 2011
This show gets better and better every week. That was cute when she laid down in the same area as Daikichi after he said it was to cool off. Her growth as a young girl definitely shows.

Seems like Masako is carrying a lot of guilt for not being with Rin and it's revealing in her persistence to work hard enough for two people while allowing herself no slack. It's good to know she still holds Rin close to her heart.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Aug 25, 2011 11:43 AM

Jun 2011
Gosh, it felt like forever since the last episode.
Kouki's such a kidder, and that's why I love him. Glad to see that Masako isn't as useless as she initially seemed.
And awwwww it's Rin's birthday! <3
Aug 25, 2011 11:48 AM
Apr 2010
GUILTY MOM IS GUILTY!!!!
Aug 25, 2011 12:19 PM

Nov 2008
Guilt trip time now we need the breakdown, it's only a few steps away.

The birthday cake was nice and lol at the last candle staying lit, that always happens on my Birthday whenever a cake and candles were involved. Rin knew the best way to end the episode by blowing out that last candle.

Aug 25, 2011 1:27 PM

Oct 2010
I loved Yukari in her yukata in the following,

she was really nicely looking.

Problem is that Rin in the following,

looks as good in her yukata so it's a hard choice but I did love her faces in the spoielr
they were so adorable while TBH Masako redeemed herself a little with this extra work and effort but does not forgive her for forsaking a life to another little stupid female! Should not have had sex in the first place dumb female and BS for things lead to this or happened. It was all avoidable somehow.

It's also regrettable I cannot write more in this series. It really deserves a lot of praise TBH.
RyuKirin said:
Me too I love it when Daikichi has day dreams about Kouki's mom xD. She is pretty so I see why any guy wouldnt.
Same here I mean how can you not love her looks? She is hot in every way and I am glad to witness Rin's birthday.
Yumekichi11Aug 28, 2011 11:14 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 25, 2011 1:37 PM

Aug 2008
Lovely episode as always, involving some great character interaction.
Aug 25, 2011 1:38 PM

May 2010
rin_in_yutaka.jpg

aww yeah
Aug 25, 2011 2:11 PM

Aug 2009
The ending was cute!!!! xDD
Aug 25, 2011 2:28 PM

Jun 2010
Daikichi's face when he meets Kouki's mom and she doesn't actually look like that.

Aug 25, 2011 2:29 PM

Aug 2008
Cute Rin is cute. I loved how she laid down where Daikichi was to cool down; little kids really do learn from people that they are close to.

Masako is showing some guilt. I think she deserves it.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 25, 2011 2:29 PM

Jul 2011
Everything about this episode was so much fun and great, and profound at the same time.

Could Masako be thinking about Rin while making that new manga? It looks like she's trying to improve for a reason. Perhaps it's so she wouldn't feel like a failure both as mangaka and mother.

I'd really like to see Daikichi and Kouki's mom hook up, the guy deserves it :)
Aug 25, 2011 2:59 PM

Apr 2011
Rin in yukata. Kawaii <3
Aug 25, 2011 3:15 PM

Aug 2011
One of the best episodes to date.
I can't think of one bad thing to say about this episode, if all episodes could be this great (which they can't) this series would get a ten.
It might still get a ten from me, the quality never fell since episode one.

The scene at the Granpa's house was amazing.
Rin just always amazes me.

I love the way the plots of each episode are so simple yet feel so fullfiling.
Aug 25, 2011 3:29 PM

Jul 2009
That scene after the credits was full of mad lulz
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 25, 2011 3:58 PM

Mar 2011
Dudewitbow said:
harharhar, daikichi and his milfs

Yeah, I can't wait till the next episode!
Aug 25, 2011 5:26 PM

Oct 2010
great episode, but my favorite part was the last 30 seconds.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Aug 25, 2011 5:35 PM

Jul 2010
Happy birthday Rin <3

great episode cant wait for the next ep
Aug 25, 2011 6:23 PM

May 2011
13man18 said:
Daikichi's face when he meets Kouki's mom and she doesn't actually look like that.
she does look like thatt
Aug 25, 2011 6:35 PM

Nov 2007
Daikichi just is lonely and wants some milfs of his own
Aug 25, 2011 8:00 PM

Aug 2011
This series is just awesome. Amazing episode
Ja-CrispyAug 26, 2011 7:00 AM
Aug 25, 2011 8:08 PM

Jun 2011
laress said:
Rin in yukata. Kawaii <3

YESH!!
Aug 25, 2011 8:23 PM

Sep 2008
Awwwwwwwwwwwww snap, Daikichi pulled out the fanny pack, well at least I never noticed if he ever had it before.
The after credits scene was great though, imagining Nitani in a yukata; Rin also looked very cute.

Hopefully the exchange will Masako will be her last interaction with Rin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2011 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
I get a feeling that we will be seeing her again. It's clear that she has not resolved all her issues regarding Rin or Grandpa.

As always, another superb episode.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 25, 2011 10:58 PM

Jul 2011
Rin as cute as always! I just adore how she didn't mourn and cry about how the bellflowers weren't at Daikichi's Uncle's house and was positive about how she still has Daikichi's grandpa's flowers at their house :].
Aug 26, 2011 12:02 AM

Feb 2010
The fact that Masako is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto makes her hard to hate. I wish Masako got more appearances in the future.

The Daikichi and Kouki comedy duo really sells!
ratratrat098Aug 26, 2011 12:08 AM
Aug 26, 2011 1:52 AM
Jan 2011
Is it just me, or does anyone else believe that Daikichi will make no progress with Kouki's mom or with any of the other women in this series?

For some reason, call me weird for saying it, but I can't help but feel that the bond between Rin and Daikichi will progress to something more than a father-daughter relationship because till this point, such a relationship has not developed.

I see Rin as a growing girl who views Daikichi as a "man" and not a parent and to throw this out there, if she were to follow in her mother's footsteps, she may perhaps end up falling for Daikichi as her mother did for Daikichi's grandfather.
Aug 26, 2011 3:27 AM

Dec 2007
MultiFavre said:
nice episode, but this series can't seriously end at episode 11 can it?

It will, and I'm glad for it.

Another beautiful episode, though somewhat depressing as I took it as a female manga-ka's mourning for having to choose between continuing her serialized manga (as well as any new projects) and being a mother. Daikichi also had to sacrifice his position at work, but there was at least another option available for him that allowed him to continue caring for Rin. For manga-ka, there is no such option unfortuantely. Very sad indeed, and I'm impressed they were able to do that with Masako's character, particularly since I disliked her quite a bit in all her previous appearances in the anime.
Aug 26, 2011 3:48 AM

Aug 2010
Yukatas, everyone loves them.

Aug 26, 2011 4:45 AM

Apr 2011
Another good episode.

I liked how Daikichi told Masako that she could see Rin...even if it was secretly from afar.

On another note...just three more episodes. I wonder how this series will wrap up. I might have to find the manga afterwards.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Aug 26, 2011 5:22 AM

Nov 2010
Daikichi's pervy face at the end, lol.
Nice episode overall, as always, looking forward to the next one.
Aug 26, 2011 11:02 AM

Jul 2011
Rin has the same birthday as me! :D
Great episode! I wish weeks would go by faster!
Aug 26, 2011 12:24 PM
Aug 2011
Nice episode especially when Daikichi fantasizes Koki's Mom in Yukata... LOL
Aug 26, 2011 3:41 PM
Jun 2009
Shikijo said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else believe that Daikichi will make no progress with Kouki's mom or with any of the other women in this series?

For some reason, call me weird for saying it, but I can't help but feel that the bond between Rin and Daikichi will progress to something more than a father-daughter relationship because till this point, such a relationship has not developed.

I see Rin as a growing girl who views Daikichi as a "man" and not a parent and to throw this out there, if she were to follow in her mother's footsteps, she may perhaps end up falling for Daikichi as her mother did for Daikichi's grandfather.

YOU ARE INSANE [trying to get this thought out of my head -___-]
Aug 26, 2011 8:11 PM

Jul 2010
its old man fetish. i remembered Jiji (noto mamiko) from Kuragehime.
Rin was cute in Yukata. can't wait for next episode. Daikichi and Kouki mother.
Aug 26, 2011 8:13 PM

Nov 2010
Is she feeling regretful?
Aug 26, 2011 11:41 PM

Dec 2006
Finally Masako realized what she had left behind . . . such a cute girl like Rin <3

off topic...
:( i want to see the live action movie!!!!!!!! >.<
Aug 27, 2011 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
Masako had chance to see Rin during grandpa's tomb seeing, accompanying by her assistant.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 27, 2011 8:58 AM

Jul 2007
lovely episode as always. Turns out Masako san are not that dumb and heartless, she's immersed herself with work to forget the guilt, at least now we know that she is feeling guilty after all..
Aug 27, 2011 8:05 PM
Nov 2010
FlyingLemon said:
Shikijo said:

Well............anything is possible.
Aug 27, 2011 8:45 PM

Nov 2010
ByeByeMrMoon said:
Yukatas, everyone loves them.

amen bro! :D
Aug 28, 2011 2:22 AM

May 2009
Right at the beginning of the episode when they showed the calender, I was wondering when Rin's birthday would be. And then as pondered, they came to it. :P Nice lead up. I love the direction.
:)))) Daikichi getting all excited to see Kouki's mom. HAHA!!! I hope they start the next episode with him blushing like an idiot. :))))

"Bark, bark" ???? LOL!
Hmm... Masako's getting emotional over her daughter, and she doesn't like it. I like her character development. Seems like she's gonna be in a complicated setting. She wants to overwork in order to forget... huh? But how long can you keep it up? :/

This show has already gotten a 10 from me. :)

7godeohs said:
FlyingLemon said:
Shikijo said:

Well............anything is possible.

Dude... NO! :( I hate to imagine that!!!
Rin regards Daikichi as a Guardian. She doesn't view him as a man, she just sees him as "Daikichi". Someone who's always there for her and protects her. A father figure in a way, but she'll never say "father" coz that would mean she's even subconsciously replacing Grandpa, her real father. Which she never wants to do. She may end up liking Kouki or some other guy who'll come along later on. >.<
KundaliniAug 28, 2011 2:29 AM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 28, 2011 6:31 AM

Aug 2007
Rin's mother is very obsessive with her work. I think if she continues like that soon she ill be sick.
Aug 28, 2011 9:22 AM
Dec 2007
One of the least interesting episodes of the serires, mainly due to Masako's appearance and the theme of the ep.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 28, 2011 9:49 AM

Jun 2008
calorie said:

Could Masako be thinking about Rin while making that new manga? It looks like she's trying to improve for a reason. Perhaps it's so she wouldn't feel like a failure both as mangaka and mother.

No she basically feels that she owes to herself and Rin to work hard and have an amazing success at her work since she abandoned her for her work or else the big sacrifice she made abandoning her daughter and the big lost Rin has to live with will be for nothing.
Aug 29, 2011 11:17 AM

Apr 2009
Well I'm fine with Kouki's mom for Daikichi. LOL

Lahis said:
Sorry to break this to you, but here's the last chapter of the manga.

Reading through the quoted replies and even without following the link in the first line of your own reply, you just confirmed an initial speculation thereby spoiling us. >_< You could have at least put the first line or the last half of the first line in spoiler tag.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

37 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 21, 2011

174 by astroreload »»
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.