Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 3, 2008 8:53 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was funny~
Especially when Irie-kun's mom was trying to act like an evil step mother. xD
Plus when Irie-kun was getting mad at his mom;;

Now we finally now what went down at the villa in the other episode xD;;

I just had to put this because most people thought it was the little brother that did that to her. xP
Jul 3, 2008 7:33 PM

Dec 2007
deleted message
Kokujin-kunJul 4, 2008 5:19 AM
Jul 3, 2008 7:33 PM

Dec 2007
Hah, nice episode.

And it's aMAzing how gaijins can pick up Japanese in a matter of days in the world of anime, while in the real world it takes more than a year of continuous study to be moderately adept at it.
Jul 3, 2008 8:21 PM

Jan 2008
Kokujin-kun said:
And it's aMAzing how gaijins can pick up Japanese in a matter of days in the world of anime, while in the real world it takes more than a year of continuous study to be moderately adept at it.

1.5 years and I'm now qualified to start elementary school (JPLT Level 4). There must be some trick they're not telling us.
Jul 4, 2008 5:37 AM

Dec 2007
datsunvic said:
1.5 years and I'm now qualified to start elementary school (JPLT Level 4). There must be some trick they're not telling us.

Well, the Defense Language Institute lists Japanese as a Category IV language which takes 64 weeks of 30-hours-per-week studying to learn
Jul 5, 2008 6:08 AM

May 2008
Just watched the Epi 13... EXCITED.... ha ha .

I took 2.5 yrs to learn japanese, but only able to talk simple japanese, and still not able to communicate well with japanese... you guys really fantastic.

I like Christ's English-Japanese conversation, it's really cute and funny.
Jul 5, 2008 10:08 AM

Mar 2007
Arrgghhhh they stopped this episode at the BEST part! Waaahhhh XD I have been waiting for that scene forever, lol :)

This was a good episode. Er, and it didn't look like kin-chan was trying to rape her, he was trying to hug her ^^; I like when Naoki was watching kotoko in the lunch room, and when he finally got hit with the clue-hammer when he overheard her friends talking about the proposal. This makes up fthe them cutting out the 'kotoko burns her leg while cooking' scene from the manga :)
Jul 5, 2008 2:19 PM

Feb 2008
XP Finally an episode worth giving a 5.
She's a super weirdo, but if she was standing there quietly you'd never know.
Jul 7, 2008 7:10 AM

Jan 2008
What an episode!!! LOVE IT and i want more more more! Can wait the next episode! This is one of my favourite animes!
I love the scene in the villa, soo sweet! and the end of this episode, just great - well, please - i want more! now!
Kruh sa uzatvara, ale mna to netrapi - povedalo avangardne kruzidlo a dalej rysovalo stvorce...
Jul 7, 2008 7:41 AM

Jan 2008
i'm glad i lost the dvd i had of the drama of this or it'll spoil the whole anime and i didnt want that it spoiled the episodes on this so far but this episode was totally different..

but on Christine's defense (not that i'm being the bad guy) she was led on by irie too, and she looked sad going home and i also feel sorry for kin-chan also why does they guy that's not the lead who also likes the girl have to be ugly i mean in the drama he was an alrite lookin guy ?

Greatest Kiss
Cant wait (^-^)
Jul 7, 2008 9:06 AM
Mar 2008
Awesome episode. Loved the scene under the rain. Just loved it. And also loved the new ED.
Jul 7, 2008 10:13 AM

May 2008
What a great episode.

I loved the Irie's mom the most. XD I must have laughed every time every time she laughed.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 7, 2008 10:26 AM

Dec 2007
Loved this episode. I hope this is finally the turning point ^^ can't wait for the next one

Jul 7, 2008 11:04 AM
Aug 2007
I don't like the new ending, what makes it even worse is that it replaced one of the better endings of the last season, Boo.

That aside, nice episode. I'm actually pleasantly suprised at how much this series entertains me, I can't wait for more.
Jul 7, 2008 12:13 PM
Sep 2007
i hope kotoko at least slaps irie for being the ass he is <.<
but i guess that wont happen :/
well, if he at least made up his mind or something, thats alright too i guess

and to the japanese learning guys above, so how many did you really study in those years?
because for me, i know that i was uberlazy in the 4 or whatever years since i started learning, and i guess you could be at a higher level than me in half a year if you really tried hard. i surely regret i didnt, which doesnt keep me from continuing to slack xD"
jlpt 3kyu here btw, maybe 2 this year
AwakenedJul 7, 2008 12:19 PM
Jul 7, 2008 1:36 PM

Mar 2007
Hooplas said:
XP Finally an episode worth giving a 5.

XDDDD agree
finally a good episode, after 12 stupid ones. XD

InuKago OTP ^~^
Jul 7, 2008 3:38 PM

Feb 2008
damn.....she didnt just shoot him down, she added some salt to the wound. but to be fair, she suffered quite a lot to get to where she is, there is no way shed forget him just like that. ultimately you know its going to work out...otherwise the show would end right then and there.
Jul 7, 2008 4:24 PM

May 2008
Ahaha, it was Irie who actually kissed Kotoko xDD It really was weird to think it was the brother xDD I'm really glad those two are finally gonna be together, if the preview is anything to go by.
Jul 7, 2008 5:19 PM

Oct 2007
This was by far the best episode of this show so far. Each episode just keeps getting better and better! I loved the scene with the mom and the blonde girl... and the scene with Yuuki remembering the kiss under the tree (SO CUTE), the scene where irie got jealous hearing kin proposed, and i even loved the kin x kotoko moment.... it was too shoujo cliche NOT to love :P
Jul 7, 2008 5:25 PM

Oct 2007
best damn episode ever, New ED is win.
Jul 7, 2008 6:38 PM

Jun 2007
love new ED song -will try to get it in a sec-
like said, INK is getting better and better. fav ep so far.
the part with irie's mom being evil was win, she is so funneh :P
so glad to see irie taking action and poor kin-chan :(
really cant wait for the next episode
Jul 7, 2008 8:38 PM

Jan 2008
Such a great episode! Almost left me in tears it was so sad near the end. Can't wait to see more!
Jul 7, 2008 8:43 PM

Apr 2008
hehe, does anyone know which chapter of the manga this episode is...? Im dying to know what happens next...! ^.^

My favourite moment is Irie's face when he heard that Kin proposed. So sweet...! <3

Jul 7, 2008 9:22 PM

Mar 2007
intergalactic said:
hehe, does anyone know which chapter of the manga this episode is...? Im dying to know what happens next...! ^.^

My favourite moment is Irie's face when he heard that Kin proposed. So sweet...! <3

I don't remember the exact chapter number, but all this is in volume 10.
Jul 7, 2008 10:04 PM

May 2008
OMG I loved this episode... Can you say BIG progression between them! AHHH! **happy dance**
Jul 8, 2008 2:55 AM

Sep 2007
^______^ I think I don't dislike Naoki so much anymore.
Great episode!
Jul 8, 2008 5:41 AM

Apr 2008
I´ve been watching Itazura na kiss so far just for the sake of it without a lot of enthusiasm but this episode REALLY GOT ME. I was amazed, I loved it and even cried a bit :P. The conversation with the mother was AWESOME ahahhaha.

Oh, i've been studying japanese for a year now and I doubt that I am even capable of speaking with a 4 year old nihon jin :P .
Jul 8, 2008 5:56 AM

Apr 2008
teary episode ç___ç and the new ED is really beautiful, i like the song

Jul 8, 2008 8:05 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
MagicalEmi said:
Arrgghhhh they stopped this episode at the BEST part! Waaahhhh XD I have been waiting for that scene forever, lol :)
I know!! I can't wait until next week!!

leiluska said:
I love the scene in the villa, soo sweet!
I like how nonchalant he was. Yuuki sees him, and he just winks and says 'shhh', lol! Ahhh~ shoujo ftw.

Isu said:
I don't like the new ending, what makes it even worse is that it replaced one of the better endings of the last season, Boo.
I don't know if this is a completely new ED, or if it was a one time thing. The OP didn't change this ep, so I guess we'll have to see... I personally liked it -- minus the random rapping...

I have to say, I didn't really like Kinnosuke for most of the story up to this point. His character really rubbed me wrong - and as for the anime, his voice actor grated on my nerves... >:| But he did a fantastic job this episode. Kin's curse at the end was so heartfelt, my heart couldn't help but go out to him. Kotoko's friends are right - he must feel the same way that Kotoko feels, and that's something that always gets to me in the triangles of shoujo mangas... what happens to the third wheel? :(

In other news, Oba-sama is awesome! xD I LOVED how she slashed down Naoki, her own son, and then proceeded to say, "Well, it's all true, isn't it?" :P Haha.

Great ep. So of course I want more! ^^

Join MAL's Mod Team! ✧ 
Guidelines & FAQ ✧ 

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~ ✧ 
Jul 8, 2008 9:16 AM

Jan 2008
OMG it was so gooooooddddd , i think it's the best episode by now =]
Irieeeee ^^ , i knew he was the one who kissed her!!! it was weird to think that his little brothet had done it ><' ,oh well. Kotoko ganberu!.. poor kin- chan =\
Jul 8, 2008 10:19 AM

Jul 2008
I was a little worried about this show for a while because it seemed to just be going in circles. After this episode I am feeling a lot better about the direction it's going. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Jul 8, 2008 11:24 AM

Aug 2007
AHHHHH

Talk about a cliff hanger!

(Well, only a cliffhanger to people who know what come next! HA!)

*dies*

Is is next week already?

Jul 8, 2008 2:20 PM

Jun 2007
OMG! I hate cliffhangers. DX
This was by far my favorite episode.
I wish Irie looked more desperate when he met Kotoko though (like in ISWAK) because it's always Kotoko who's trudging along it seems.

I want to see the next episode already.
And I love the new ED. When it first appeared in episode 11, I immediately fell in love and got it forthwith.
Jul 8, 2008 3:18 PM

Sep 2007
my favorite episode so far, irie follows his real feelings at last. new ending song is great.
Jul 8, 2008 3:18 PM

Jul 2007
IMO I thought this was the best episode released. Finally cleared it up. Also loved how they ended the episode with that song.
Jul 8, 2008 7:21 PM

Mar 2007
obasama is total win!

in other news: the new ending is horrid. bring back my GO!GO!7188.
Jul 8, 2008 8:18 PM

Dec 2007
Great epiosde. I loved how they ended up toward the end with the song.
Jul 8, 2008 8:37 PM

May 2008
gameoffreak8 said:
Great epiosde. I loved how they ended up toward the end with the song.

yeah me 2, really nice episode.
Jul 8, 2008 9:41 PM

Jun 2008
Oba-sama is hilarious! I love her! "Oh ho ho ho ho ho!" My emotions were all over the place with this episode. First you're laughing with Oba-sama and then you're crying for Kin-chan. :(

Can't wait to see the next one.
ichigopanJul 9, 2008 9:00 AM

Jul 8, 2008 10:09 PM

Jul 2008
i love this eps alot, showing the kissing that was "suppose" to be a dream at the vacation place and also the fact of the preview for the next eps T_T OMG i wanna watch it soo bad... *kicks Chris out the window* Kotoko ! :D
Jul 9, 2008 9:24 AM

Oct 2007
Kineta said:

I don't know if this is a completely new ED, or if it was a one time thing. The OP didn't change this ep, so I guess we'll have to see... I personally liked it -- minus the random rapping...

I have to say, I didn't really like Kinnosuke for most of the story up to this point. His character really rubbed me wrong - and as for the anime, his voice actor grated on my nerves... >:| But he did a fantastic job this episode. Kin's curse at the end was so heartfelt, my heart couldn't help but go out to him. Kotoko's friends are right - he must feel the same way that Kotoko feels, and that's something that always gets to me in the triangles of shoujo mangas... what happens to the third wheel? :(

In other news, Oba-sama is awesome! xD I LOVED how she slashed down Naoki, her own son, and then proceeded to say, "Well, it's all true, isn't it?" :P Haha.

Great ep. So of course I want more! ^^

I personally liked the ending as well. ^_^ It was pretty cute, I wouldn't mind if it were the new ending for the season. There is a lot of sympathy towards Kin-chan, his characters gets kind of annoying sometimes, but one can't help but feel bad for him too. Compared to the manga, he was a bit more forceful when trying to kiss Kotoko, I don't recall it being that way in the manga at all. Perhaps this way one can see his desperation for Kotoko's acceptance more clearly, which makes it more dramatic. About that third wheel, not to worry, if its takes a similar route as the manga (in regards to Kin-chan) he'll be ok! Yay Kin-Chan!!

>_> Don't read the spoiler if you haven't read the manga, it would ruin it... that is if the animators follow the manga. :)

All in all! YAY!!! I loved this episode; have been waiting for it since the beginning of the anime, and all the manga volumes I've tried to read (sadly the majority of them are raws... its hard, I've needed manga summaries to help) Oba-sama did a wonderful role as well, the conflict between Irie and her was excellent xD

:) If the animators work it out right, its going to get even better! Trust me ;D

Jul 9, 2008 2:05 PM

Nov 2007
T__T its kinda sad for kin chan *sob*
Jul 9, 2008 2:18 PM

Oct 2007
Loved it! Can't wait for the next episode!
I loved Irie's mother XD She is awesome XD

And at last! The kiss is explained! :P

I feel sorry for Kin-chan but you just know they will fix it for Kin in the end, since he is such a likeable character. If he was gonna end up alone and miserable then they would have made him look much worse.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Jul 9, 2008 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
Wow, I thought I was the only one on the planet that was actually following this series! I'm glad I stumbled on this website the other day!

I'm sure this has been brought up a million times before, but does anyone notice the incredible similarities to this series and Marmalade Boy, minus the massive cast. It's giving me all kinds of nostalgia.
Jul 10, 2008 3:51 PM

Jun 2007
Ah, how I do love Naoki's mom. She's just made of pure WIN.

I really loved this episode. It's definitely one of my favorites. Even though I feel terribly sorry for Kin-chan, I can't wait to see what happens between Kotoko and Naoki next.

I rather like the new ED. The rapping threw me off for a minute, but it was still pretty good.
Jul 11, 2008 8:14 AM

Apr 2007
Love the new ed song, hate the random rapping in it. Seriously, its the same case for the Shion no Ou ED, get that rapping out of there pleeeease T_T.

Other than that, OMFG CLIFFHANGER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I am definitely going to start reading the manga of this one day.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2008 1:13 PM

Jun 2007
Uguu! Poor kin-chan but rape is not an option *hits kin-chan*

This was the best episode so far!!!! >w<
I was so surprised when we were told the truth about the kiss under the tree. I could have bet my house Yuuki had kissed her not Naoki. o.O

Jul 11, 2008 8:20 PM

Sep 2007
Of COURSE it was Irie that kissed her. Who else could it have been? =P
Jul 12, 2008 2:49 PM

Apr 2007
Okay, let me speak what's been through my mind ever since episode 12.

So, it's always like this, huh. Girls will most likely ditch the better guy for the better-looking guy. On that side, I actually feel bad for Kin-chan, because I actually do feel like he's honest and he's liked her for a long time, and she doesn't have eyes for him because Irie's smarter and more handsome. That really sucks, and reality sucks just like that.

However, Kin-chan is far too clingy and his actions just get on my nerves. Take the forceful "I'll make you forget him!" from this episode. Just no, man. Simply no.

Even though Irie is a bastard and has a bunch of flaws, I guess once you've admitted to yourself you've fallen in love, it's not a matter of liking the person for their traits, but simply liking the person for who they are. Since Kotoko's been living with Irie for some time now, she totally knows him beyond his bad personality, and it's completely understandable for her to not be able to move on, and try to get a stable relationship with a guy that means only good.

So, even though I actually would love to root for Kin-chan, I end up rooting for Irie. Because, after all, I'm also a girl and get where Kotoko's coming from.

New ED is absolutely lovely <3
Jul 13, 2008 10:03 PM

Jun 2007
AngelLily said:
Okay, let me speak what's been through my mind ever since episode 12.

So, it's always like this, huh. Girls will most likely ditch the better guy for the better-looking guy. On that side, I actually feel bad for Kin-chan, because I actually do feel like he's honest and he's liked her for a long time, and she doesn't have eyes for him because Irie's smarter and more handsome. That really sucks, and reality sucks just like that.

However, Kin-chan is far too clingy and his actions just get on my nerves. Take the forceful "I'll make you forget him!" from this episode. Just no, man. Simply no.

Even though Irie is a bastard and has a bunch of flaws, I guess once you've admitted to yourself you've fallen in love, it's not a matter of liking the person for their traits, but simply liking the person for who they are. Since Kotoko's been living with Irie for some time now, she totally knows him beyond his bad personality, and it's completely understandable for her to not be able to move on, and try to get a stable relationship with a guy that means only good.

So, even though I actually would love to root for Kin-chan, I end up rooting for Irie. Because, after all, I'm also a girl and get where Kotoko's coming from.

New ED is absolutely lovely <3

ya I agree, Kin-chan means well but sometimes gets carried away. I think if Kotoko wasn't living with Irie, Kin would have had a better chance of hooking up with her. However since she does live with Irie she's grown far more attached not just to Irie but also to his family so it only makes sense that she would go with who she knows better and feels more comfortable around.

Poor Kin-chan, I can only hope he hooks up with Chris lol. She seems to show some kind of affection towards him or maybe its just over enthusiasm.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.