Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate Episode 21 Discussion

Jan 14, 2013 8:08 PM

I wonder how this series will end. I actually hope that Okabe can’t save both of the girls and has to choose one; that would be a powerful ending. He could also roll the dice and cause such a big time jump that he gets onto another beta world line where both Kurisu and Miyuri are able to live. Such an action would be risky but it may work.

Jan 20, 2013 8:20 AM

God damn, stop killing Mayuri already. When will she be finally saved?

Feb 11, 2013 4:55 PM
So basically Maryii was talking her dreams was part of illusion. Wow. My god She keeps on getting killed by the car! My goodness.
Don't like where it is going.
4/5

Feb 11, 2013 4:56 PM
Animatronix said:
I'm getting tired of this. Just let Mayuri die, or delete the dmail that saves Christina.

This what i was thinking.

Mar 6, 2013 2:22 AM
Mayuri has to die again T___________T
And then if they're gonna do the cracking, Kurisu will die T_______________T
Ahh, hard choices...

Jun 26, 2013 11:08 AM

That Mayuri putting out all her feelings and Okabe listening to her... I wonder what he's going to chose!!!

Surprise Mayuri gets the dreams of her dying ; A ; feels

Jun 29, 2013 5:45 PM

Now that Kurisu knows that she's supposed to die, I wonder what she's thinking of doing. Will she decide to save herself or continue to help Okabe save Mayruri?
Anyway, a very touching episode. Only five episodes left! Everything seems to be building up to a climax. I hope that when it gets there it doesn't turn out to be anticlimactic (sorry for the poor choice of words).

Jul 5, 2013 7:22 PM

Man this is really getting to me, I just feel that Kurisu will try and undo the first d-mail or something...I hope Christina doesn't die D:

Jul 12, 2013 8:47 PM

Hmmmm they could have both stayed at the safe area but No! Okabe need to run towards the car and hit the car and mayuri sacrifice her self again and died :(

Jul 27, 2013 12:41 AM

Oh my...this..oh ..Excuse the amount of periods but dammit this show just, I cannot believe it.

Jul 30, 2013 7:51 AM

How did Mayuri not see the car coming at her?

Anyways, is there by any chance a "Charlie world line" where both of them lives?
I feel bad for Okabe. Someone will die no matter how hard he tries or what he does.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]

Aug 2, 2013 1:48 PM

kusushi said:
Were you Okarin, which one will you save? Kurisu or Mayuri?
Mayuri :'-(
Weaklings can't choose their way of death - Law

Aug 18, 2013 8:34 PM

It's been a while since I last heard Okabe and his "Organization Scheme" acts.
Now, what's Kurisu going to do now?

Sep 11, 2013 7:27 PM

Mayuri remembers things across world lines too!

Sep 17, 2013 5:49 AM

Saddest episode SO far. Even sadder than Rumiho's story which is sadder than Mayurii dieing all them time(as I already stated in a previous episode, we still have hope for her to survive). This made my eyes teary ; A ;

Anyways, that ending was awesome to see Okabe hear out Mayushii and it seems that Mayushii actually remembers things across the world lines but thinks of those more of like dreams..
Christina or Mayushii? I hope the best for both.

Sep 26, 2013 8:50 PM
i think the undoing of the d-mail wont affect kurisu... suzu's time machine could be the result of the beta line

or im horribly wrong

regardless this show is fuckin with my emotions big time

Oct 15, 2013 5:06 AM

Despite the fact that Mayuri's death is inevitable I can't help but think Okabe's a fucking idiot. For some reason or another he kept bringing her to places where the chance of accident is high. Subway (moreover standing in front line), open area near roads..

I mean he had Mayuri hidden SAFELY between buildings and he just had to run in front of the car instead of HOLDING HER TIGHTLY MAKING SURE SHE DOESN'T MOVE!!! WTF man, where's the logic in sacrificing himself? watching Mayuri's death scenes is like watching Final Destination where characters are purposely made dumb.

It might even be easier to just prevent Mayuri from even going anywhere and hide her somewhere safe. She'll probably die of heart attack or something but it's worth a try instead of constantly putting her in dangerous places.

Nov 23, 2013 9:58 AM

This anime is so sad, but so freaking good.

Im really worried about Kurisu and Mayuri...

Nov 23, 2013 11:12 AM

jiraiya_sensei said:
Despite the fact that Mayuri's death is inevitable I can't help but think Okabe's a fucking idiot. For some reason or another he kept bringing her to places where the chance of accident is high. Subway (moreover standing in front line), open area near roads..

I mean he had Mayuri hidden SAFELY between buildings and he just had to run in front of the car instead of HOLDING HER TIGHTLY MAKING SURE SHE DOESN'T MOVE!!! WTF man, where's the logic in sacrificing himself? watching Mayuri's death scenes is like watching Final Destination where characters are purposely made dumb.

It might even be easier to just prevent Mayuri from even going anywhere and hide her somewhere safe. She'll probably die of heart attack or something but it's worth a try instead of constantly putting her in dangerous places.

It is already shown that no matter what he did Mayuri WOULD die.Even if she isnt killed she will die form some natural cause.Suzuha's different deaths are the best example.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 16, 2013 10:00 PM

those dreams, ....... so sad
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Dec 18, 2013 7:15 PM

vhynz said:
How did Mayuri not see the car coming at her?

lol I thought this too tbh.

I personally prefer Kurisu but I can't imagine what a tough decision it must be for Okabe, and he must have been under such insane amounts of stress this whole time. I'm surprised he's holding it together at all.

Dec 22, 2013 4:52 PM

That was a tough episode. Between Mayuri sacrifice to save Okabe and her speech at the grave, it was some really emotionnal moment. And when Okabe told Kurisu that she die in the other world line, with is broken voice, it seem like he could collapse at any time.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Dec 23, 2013 5:28 AM

DAMN MYURI GET's ON MY NERVES !!!

she is SOO FREAKING USELESS and STUPID and ANNOYING !!!

how she can't better guard herself I mean she is duying from such stupid things O/.o
I can't take it... it's not that it can't be prevented for sure T_T
if all those others prevented and did change it hy Mayuri can't T_T
I think they need to tell her that she would die, so she can make her own D-mail !

and so stupid agrhhhh I now hate this Mayuri more than Orihime from Bleach T_T
so pathetic..
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!

Dec 27, 2013 7:24 PM
One thing I'm kind of confused about:
How does Mayuri see her deaths?

Anyway, epic episode once again. This series never fails to surprise me.

Dec 31, 2013 3:44 PM

Well now Mikase knows the truth, I wonder how they will solve this?

That scene at the grave was very touching.

Jan 1, 2014 10:29 AM

I... can't... anymore.... I'm crying rivers T.T

Jan 10, 2014 4:13 PM

Such a good episode T-T Mayuri's talk at her grandmother's grave was so sad. Interesting that she remembers her deaths as dreams. It seemed to me like Kurisu is starting to remember too. Hoping the ending is good.

Feb 22, 2014 1:08 PM

Such a sad, sad episode. I really enjoyed it though. Maybe Makise knows of a way to prevent both her and Mayuri's deaths, the next episode should explain more. Onto the next episode!

Apr 3, 2014 1:39 PM
SamuraiSx said:
DAMN MYURI GET's ON MY NERVES !!!

she is SOO FREAKING USELESS and STUPID and ANNOYING !!!

how she can't better guard herself I mean she is duying from such stupid things O/.o
I can't take it... it's not that it can't be prevented for sure T_T
if all those others prevented and did change it hy Mayuri can't T_T
I think they need to tell her that she would die, so she can make her own D-mail !

and so stupid agrhhhh I now hate this Mayuri more than Orihime from Bleach T_T
so pathetic..

You're putting the blame on Mayuri when its not her fault. It's destiny/fate. She could take up life in a looney bin and that still wouldn't help her, it's destined to happen.

Apr 20, 2014 7:14 AM

Sad episode indeed,let's see what's next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 27, 2014 8:05 AM

Poor Mayuri tried to save Okarin from getting hit by a car, but she got hit herself :(

Jun 1, 2014 8:32 AM

Geez, mayushii feels whole pain in her "dreams" and she remembers everything ,that was sad... And Okabe, he is really strong person to not fall apart after everything he lived through...

Jun 12, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 26, 2014 5:14 PM

It makes sense that SERN creates a dystopia world with Christina living, she not only helped okabe with his phone microwave but eventually ended up helping SERN in the future :/

Jul 2, 2014 9:19 PM

Is Kurisu being stabbed in the first place to bad, she works for stern in the end anyway.

Sep 4, 2014 8:04 AM

I just hope Okabe won't have to decide between Makise and Mayuri. There has to be another way to save them all. It would be so sad watching them die. ;_;

Sep 5, 2014 4:40 PM

Damn... that entire scene at the cemetery was simply heartbreaking. I realized this episode how truly spectacular of a job Mayuri's English VA does.

Sep 6, 2014 3:42 AM

Another Mayuri zinger. Almost forgot this one.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Sep 20, 2014 7:54 PM

Terrific episode!!!!!!! Ive heard great things about the next episode!!!! :)

Oct 4, 2014 6:08 PM
Really emotional episode - especially when Okabe told Makise that she died in the original time line.

My list. | Eggroll is the greatest ty :)

Oct 25, 2014 10:00 PM

Wow we already knew Mayuri was such a great person but this episode makes you feel for her that much more. She is dying over and over, thinking of them as dreams but feeling them as if they are real. She wakes up and sees Okabe on the verge of tears, every time. So basically her life for the past few "weeks" has been either in a standstill or dying. Its really sad.

Now it looks like Kurisu is starting to figure things out a bit more as can be seen at the end of episode.

I do see a POSSIBLE thing that could lead to a happy satisfying ending. Remember when we first meet Kurisu? She says something about Okabe saying something to her 15 minutes before. Maybe they go back to the day and he does some sort of time travel. A jump wouldn't work because the machine isn't created but I'm curious if there is something he can do. Maybe a text. Can't wait to find out

Dec 7, 2014 8:28 PM
I love how in this and the next episode (and #22 is one of the greatest anime episodes of all-time) they creators depict Kurisu's initial reaction to the news that she'll die. No internal monologue or speech. Great use of silence. The mood and silence conveys it all. Was a nice touch.

Dec 21, 2014 9:27 AM

Hello,
can someone explain me why Okabe has to hack the CERN data in order to cancel the first D-mail ?
Because the first D-mail was sent from Okabe to Daru wasn't it ?

Dec 21, 2014 10:11 AM

VTjr10 said:
Hello,
can someone explain me why Okabe has to hack the CERN data in order to cancel the first D-mail ?

The very first D-mail about Kurisu being stabbed was intercepted by the information gathering system of SERN, called Echelon, which then stored it in the SERN database. It's also the reason why SERN comes after the group. They notice this unusual mail message (because of the date), but it only happens like 1-2 days at max before they raid the lab. By deleting the D-mail from the database, SERN won't come after the group and kidnap them, the SERN dystopia is never established, Suzuha never comes back in an incomplete time machine, she never crashes with it in the Radio building, and thus the conference is not cancelled (leading to the death of Kurisu...).

Dec 23, 2014 5:08 AM

RazielZero said:
VTjr10 said:
Hello,

The very first D-mail about Kurisu being stabbed was intercepted by the information gathering system of SERN, called Echelon, which then stored it in the SERN database. It's also the reason why SERN comes after the group. They notice this unusual mail message (because of the date), but it only happens like 1-2 days at max before they raid the lab. By deleting the D-mail from the database, SERN won't come after the group and kidnap them, the SERN dystopia is never established, Suzuha never comes back in an incomplete time machine, she never crashes with it in the Radio building, and thus the conference is not cancelled (leading to the death of Kurisu...).

Oh my god you finally resolve one of the two mysteries I'm asking myself. Thanks you very much.
I will send you a friend request so you can explain me the second thing I don't understand.

Jan 1, 2015 8:29 PM

I'm having a FEELS trip.
Mayuri always feel that Okarin is suffering. He's trapped between choosing Mayuri or Kurisu's life.
I'm near in the end of the series. Asdfghjkl; feels, feels, feels.

Jan 12, 2015 6:49 PM

The cemetery scene was really nice. It was just her talking yet it had such a strong impact. Only 3 episodes left, Okarin's going to come up with a plan to save them both right? RIGHT? :(

Feb 28, 2015 7:23 AM

Poor Mayuri is aware of her deaths in other timelines.

I hope Okabe will be able to save both Mayuri and Kurisu.

Apr 12, 2015 3:05 AM

Feeling your own death again and again! Poor Mayushi :(
It is getting more and more complicated.

Apr 22, 2015 2:42 AM
i feel so sad for mayuri it feels as she is been left out and i think " mayuri is in love with okabe" but okabe has no clue about it and seems like his attention is somewhere else i dont know....

i love mayuri and when ever mayuri is serious and tell how she feels is the best episode for me! i like kurisu but i dont get that emotional about her why i dont know but everything about mayuri i get hooked in and i get so sad that as i type this i get a tear in my eyes maybe because mayuris love for okabe is so deep we will see what happens :3

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »