Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 23, 2023 3:00 PM
Jul 2016
No need for the final recap, but overall nice
Dec 27, 2023 7:34 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to TheStarscream759
This was an incredible series, this was a thrilling ride for me, very light hearted to begin with but quite dark and depressing at the end. People have often compared Trigun to Cowboy Bebop and yeah they are quite similar in theme but I wouldn’t consider this being better than the latter personally and I’m not just saying it because Cowboy Bebop is one of my favourites but if I do have to quibble with it, it’s mainly just the fact that it was a bit slow to begin with but it did make up the pace almost immediately. The ending for the actual finale I did find rather satisfying to me I liked that Vash while he’s still true to himself is able to let go of his fears and actively make himself a better person by accepting that yes he did kill Legato but he also acknowledges that he can correct that sin and move on from what Rem told him to believe in, even him simply throwing away his trademark coat is basically his way of showing that everything that had happened up to that point is all in the past.

Don’t know why the flashbacks couldn’t have just been scattered throughout the episode, yes they give us an idea of what Knives and Vash were like when they at last crash landed on the planet but it felt like the flashback was going on for quite a bit before we actually got to the meat of the fight itself which was still awesome to watch. Anyways Trigun is probably one of the best 90s anime out there, my only regret is not watching it any sooner. I’ll give Trigun as a whole a 9/10.
@TheStarscream759

You should try Outlaw Star next
Dec 29, 2023 10:33 PM
Dec 2023
A fantastic classic
Jan 10, 9:53 AM
Feb 2022
A pretty good anime, with a more than acceptable ending. Someday I will see the remake,but not without seeing the movie before.

Spanish translation:
Un anime bastante bueno, con un final más que aceptable. Algún día veré el remake, pero no sin antes ver la película.
Jan 17, 8:35 PM
Jul 2022
Trigun in a fantastic finale reminds us that it's a Western at heart.
The episode may have some bits of a recap, but I don't mind considering what it builds up to.
That final fight is perfect. The silence. The breathing. The twists and turns. It's stuck in my mind since my first watch of the show and will continue to after my second.
Jan 23, 9:07 AM
Jan 2024
Banger merging Wild west and Xenogears vibes, loved it!
Mar 30, 5:20 PM
May 2021
what a clutch with the crucifix
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

151 by Juan9207 »»
Apr 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 9, 2008

68 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 23, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

55 by nightjasmine »»
Apr 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

67 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 19, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kinda disappointed

Tomi3b - Apr 5

44 by SafeEntity »»
Apr 18, 12:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.