Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 193 194 [195] 196 197 » ... Last »

Feb 28, 2014 4:48 AM

Pale Cocoon is paaainfully underrated.

Feb 28, 2014 7:30 AM

Kaimon237 said:
Even in it's last arc Bleach is still pretty mediocre
Naruto's last good arc will forever be Hunt for Itachi

Feb 28, 2014 7:42 AM

SAO is incredibly overrated, imo. It probably only got so famous because fat people suck at gaming too hard to game themselves and dream of a beautiful girlfriend. At least story-wise it isn't anywhere good enough to deserve its popularity.

Underrated: Sola. At least I remember it to be waaaaaaaaaaay better than rank 400 in popularity and 1300 sth by score.
Modified by Axelander2, Feb 28, 2014 7:51 AM

Feb 28, 2014 9:42 AM

Most overrated would be the IS especially the second season which turned out to be a full-on harem shit with absolutely no story whatsoever.

Feb 28, 2014 10:27 AM

Anon1409 said:
Most overrated would be the IS especially the second season which turned out to be a full-on harem shit with absolutely no story whatsoever.

Doesn't matter, it has sales
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.

Feb 28, 2014 1:59 PM
BlackteZz said:

And if you want complex characters go watch Bokurano, You think the kids in NGE have big psychological problems?,but the kids in Bokurano will make the entire NGE cast of characters look like whiny teenagers.
It is funny how Bokurano is exactly like NGE yet almost unknown/underrated.The difference is that while NGE entertains using spectacular battles, Bokurano offers a challenging fusion of nihilism and hope and it does so by doing things that other recent mecha shows simply lack the audacity to do.

Lol? I liked it but come on bokurano's cast either didn't even have serious problems at all or were already spoiled to begin with. Plus they just die after 1-2 episodes. Bokurano is much better than other shock factor kids suffering stuff. Your criticisms don't stand up, if you're to enjoy every single eva-inspired anime except eva itself then drop the grudge you have on whoever random forum idiot that told you you had bad taste because you didn't watch it yet or whatnot

Feb 28, 2014 9:25 PM

Tarextherex said:
BlackteZz said:

And if you want complex characters go watch Bokurano, You think the kids in NGE have big psychological problems?,but the kids in Bokurano will make the entire NGE cast of characters look like whiny teenagers.
It is funny how Bokurano is exactly like NGE yet almost unknown/underrated.The difference is that while NGE entertains using spectacular battles, Bokurano offers a challenging fusion of nihilism and hope and it does so by doing things that other recent mecha shows simply lack the audacity to do.

Lol? I liked it but come on bokurano's cast either didn't even have serious problems at all or were already spoiled to begin with. Plus they just die after 1-2 episodes. Bokurano is much better than other shock factor kids suffering stuff. Your criticisms don't stand up, if you're to enjoy every single eva-inspired anime except eva itself then drop the grudge you have on whoever random forum idiot that told you you had bad taste because you didn't watch it yet or whatnot

You understand that being spoiled or not,when you dont care at all about how many people you crush with the giant mecha you pilot,then you DO have serious problems.Or knowing that you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 1, 2014 2:59 AM

Overrated: SAO & Mirai Nikki - not even that good anime. They're the kind that you always see.

Underrated: Hoozuki no Reitetsu - Funny, unique anime & has lovable characters. Among people on my friend list, only 4 has that anime in their list & 2 are watching it.
Minori said:
*bawling* I'll never get married w/ a body like this! What'll I do?
Kousaka said:
Married? It looks like you're already pregnant.

Mar 1, 2014 3:52 AM

BlackteZz said:

First of all, stop downgrading NGE, it has its own share of complex characters.
I am reading Bokurano right now, and I would agree some of the characters have issues, but mostly are not given enough time to get expressed. Also, the nihilistic aspects are so predictable that you don't feel sorry for the characters at all.
That said, I don't think any of the characters ( I am at chapter 48) are that much psychologically scarred as Shinji or Asuka. Most of them feel a sort of emotional disattachment from their father/mother, that's all.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 1, 2014 4:17 AM

RyukoOkabe said:
Overrated: Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin, Bleach, Fairy Tail

SAO - Mediocre concept, sub-par cast of characters, and a story that isn't particularly captivating. Early on this Fantasy anime quickly becomes a Romance. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against a little romance kissy kissy (looking at you, Steins;Gate <3) but when the last 2/3 of the show is essentially just a soap opera love triangle, you know somethings wrong.

AoT - Admittedly has a fantastic story and concept but is hindered by poor use of a color pallet and a shit cast of characters. I'm sorry, but If I wanted to stare at a poo shaded anime I could've just watched my shit. The characters of AoT are so unmemorable, that I usually have a tough time even recalling Armin and Eren (Can't forget that awesome Mikasa though, she's probably the one exception to the rest of the bland characters). AoT is still a /good/ anime, but it does not deserve the attention it has received, imo.

Bleach - I can understand the former glory this show had. It has some of the coolest fights and some of the greatest moments of the popular shonen. However, most of the show is either filler, or /feels/ like filler. I can remember countless fights that were completely and utterly pointless to the progression of the show. If you pick up on it quickly, you can probably skip entire arcs (Hueco Mundo... Gotei 13 vs Arrancar...).

Fairy Tail - Surprisingly strong cast of characters only hindered by a story that tries to be smart but utterly fails. Each arc I watched always felt so promising, and with the odd exception, they almost all fell flat by the time I had finished it. If not for the well developed and interesting characters, I'd be surprised if anyone wasted their time watching this.

---
Underrated: Witch Craft Works, Dragonball GT

WCW: For a show that is only 12 episodes, I've become surprisingly attached to both the cast of characters and the world WCW takes place in. Hopefully WCW gets more attention in the future!

Dragonball GT: I'm going to be honest - DBGT has probably received the most unnecessary flack of any anime ever. 80% of people who don't like GT probably only say that because its what everyone says. It'd be like saying you like Bieber - its taboo, and no one will admit it. Yes, GT wasn't as good as either DBZ or DB, however the majority of comments ive read about GT frame it as being absolute crap. What isnt there to like? More Goku, Vegeta, Picollo and the bunch. Sure Trunks was a let down and maybe people are upset that Pan actually acted like her age (thus she was annoying), but how can you say any of the fights weren't cool?

GT has one of the shittiest pacing ever.WHEN the fights got cool I was already beyond what I could stomach.

skyzblue said:
BlackteZz said:

First of all, stop downgrading NGE, it has its own share of complex characters.
I am reading Bokurano right now, and I would agree some of the characters have issues, but mostly are not given enough time to get expressed. Also, the nihilistic aspects are so predictable that you don't feel sorry for the characters at all.
That said, I don't think any of the characters ( I am at chapter 48) are that much psychologically scarred as Shinji or Asuka. Most of them feel a sort of emotional disattachment from their father/mother, that's all.
JUst because Shinji and Asuka didnt die one ep after their introduction it doesnt mean that they got more development . Shinji crying every two eps didnt make us know anything new about him or more in depth.And I empathized with them more than the cast of NGE.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 1, 2014 4:26 AM

^It seems that rather than pointing out the points which makes bokurano good, you are more interested to downgrade the Eva characters. Get off that 'hate Eva' mentality for a moment, maybe then we can have a fair discussion.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 1, 2014 4:30 AM
Underrated: Cowboy Bebop (Such a perfect anime should be on top 5-10)

Underrated: Arakawa Under the Bridge (Amazing comedy, hilarious, that even has some social criticism)

Overrated: Steins Gate (very good, but has some pacing problems, and can be repetitive at times. #2 is too much)

Mar 1, 2014 4:35 AM

RyukoOkabe said:
Dragonball GT: I'm going to be honest - DBGT has probably received the most unnecessary flack of any anime ever. 80% of people who don't like GT probably only say that because its what everyone says. It'd be like saying you like Bieber - its taboo, and no one will admit it. Yes, GT wasn't as good as either DBZ or DB, however the majority of comments ive read about GT frame it as being absolute crap. What isnt there to like? More Goku, Vegeta, Picollo and the bunch. Sure Trunks was a let down and maybe people are upset that Pan actually acted like her age (thus she was annoying), but how can you say any of the fights weren't cool?
I won't deny that I don't think very highly of Bieber's 'talent' but he's sort of screwed himself over at the moment so I don't see the need to beat a dead horse. That being said, I assure you that my immense dislike for the piss poor fanfic that is Dragonball GT is very much genuine. Even Toriyama himself has all but outright denied its existence.

Mar 1, 2014 4:37 AM

Rashkolnikov said:

Isn't it within the top 20? That's good enough :)
And, its not perfect, it has very few minor flaws. Its just that its strong points are that awesome.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 1, 2014 4:38 AM
skyzblue said:
Rashkolnikov said:

And, its not perfect, it has very few minor flaws. Its just that its strong points are that awesome.

Not enough. TOP 5 OR NOTHING! Haha, just kidding. It's already good. People have some problems to watch episodic stuff. I understand.

Mar 1, 2014 4:42 AM

Rashkolnikov said:
skyzblue said:
Rashkolnikov said:

Not enough. TOP 5 OR NOTHING! Haha, just kidding. It's already good. People have some problems to watch episodic stuff. I understand.

One flaw of Cowboy Bebop,I hope you agree, is the use of Ed as a character.

And, I love episodic anime, I gave CB a 9. That's great enough in my book.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 1, 2014 4:44 AM

skyzblue said:
^It seems that rather than pointing out the points which makes bokurano good, you are more interested to downgrade the Eva characters. Get off that 'hate Eva' mentality for a moment, maybe then we can have a fair discussion.

I already said above why they, bokurano's cast, have worse problems.And it's not like you pointed out any point about Bokurano.They dont get enough time? Isnt that everyone in NGE except Shinji?

Likewise, get off that "worship Eva" mentality for a moment.

Mar 1, 2014 4:45 AM

I find it really sad that some people think character development is what decides if a show is good or not

Evangelion wouldn't be Evangelion if Shinji grew balls in the end and actually did something. Then it would be every other mecha out there.

With some religious symbolism.
Modified by cupc, Mar 1, 2014 4:48 AM

Mar 1, 2014 4:48 AM

cupc said:
I find it really sad that some people think character development is what decides if a show is good or not
It may not be that only thing that decides the quality of a show but it is part of it
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.

Mar 1, 2014 4:49 AM

BallsOfShinji said:
cupc said:
It may not be that only thing that decides the quality of a show but it is part of it

I don't agree. I think it is possible to have a show that doesn't need character development to be good.

On a side note, nice name.

Mar 1, 2014 4:51 AM
skyzblue said:
Rashkolnikov said:
skyzblue said:
Rashkolnikov said:

One flaw of Cowboy Bebop,I hope you agree, is the use of Ed as a character.

And, I love episodic anime, I gave CB a 9. That's great enough in my book.

Honestly, Cowboy Bebop is flawless for me. I love Ed, and don't see any problem with the Julia incident. Cowboy Bebop, The End of Evangelion, Mononoke Hime, Princess Tutu, Baccano, Ghost in the Shell (my 10s) are flawless and underrated to me hahaha. I'm currently re-watching Baccano, still can't see any flaws. I might give it a 11/10 one day HAHAHA.

Mar 1, 2014 4:53 AM

cupc said:
BallsOfShinji said:
cupc said:

I don't agree. I think it is possible to have a show that doesn't need character development to be good.

On a side note, nice name.
Thanks and I think it does but not as much as people sometimes make out it to be. Also character development =/= change in character. It just means that they become more fleshed out
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.

Mar 1, 2014 4:53 AM

cupc said:

Evangelion wouldn't be Evangelion if Shinji grew balls in the end and actually did something. Then it would be every other mecha out there.

With some random religious symbolism.

But he did grew some ball and did something.That is the issue.

As for char development.It depends on the story.I could care less about char dev in K-on,Yuru Yuri etc.But in story driven series I think it is very important.

Mar 1, 2014 4:55 AM

ssjokg said:
skyzblue said:

I already said above why they, bokurano's cast, have worse problems.And it's not like you pointed out any point about Bokurano.They dont get enough time? Isnt that everyone in NGE except Shinji?

Everyone gets the required character development. Things are just showed from Shinji's POV. They even fuckin mention that in the episode. What were you watching?
And for god's sake, if you think any character in Bokurano had more grave issues than Asuka, I have nothing more to say to you.
Thank you.
Have a nice time.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 1, 2014 4:56 AM

I haven't watched Bokurano, but found the character exposition in NGE satisfying enough. Shinji crying every two episodes, moving constantly between slight confidence boosts and huge downfalls is what I'd expect of an obsessive/depressive character model.

Then again if we are going to define character development as change, it has absolutely nothing to do with complexity. They are different concepts that can match, but not necessarily.

Mar 1, 2014 4:58 AM

Overrated anime for me are Sword Art Online, Naruto Shippuden and Bleach.

Mar 1, 2014 5:00 AM

skyzblue said:
ssjokg said:
skyzblue said:

Everyone gets the required character development. Things are just showed from Shinji's POV. They even fuckin mention that in the episode. What were you watching?
And for god's sake, if you think any character in Bokurano had more grave issues than Asuka, I have nothing more to say to you.
Thank you.
Have a nice time.

FOr a series from Shinji's POV it had lots of scenes outside that.
Did Asuka have the burden of
Yes she had her complex.So?Oh look there is Shinji again to take over her screen time about the same thing .Again.

Mar 1, 2014 5:02 AM

ssjokg said:
cupc said:

And its not that Shinji didn't try to do anything. It was just unfortunate that whenever he tried to take matters into his own hands, something unfortunate happens and he gets depressed again.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 1, 2014 5:07 AM

ssjokg said:
skyzblue said:
ssjokg said:
skyzblue said:

Thank you.
Have a nice time.

Yes she had her complex.So?Oh look there is Shinji again to take over her screen time about the same thing .Again.

Yes, about that plot point of Bokurano, I read that last night. No offense, but I found that utterly hilarious. It seems the author just wants to take the children the blame of killing more and more people as possible, making them think "Good lord, I am going to destroy this, and this, and that. I am so depressed."
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 1, 2014 9:15 AM

BallsOfShinji said:
Also character development =/= change in character

That's the definition of the word. What the fuck are you talking about.

Mar 1, 2014 9:57 AM

tsudecimo said:
BallsOfShinji said:
Also character development =/= change in character

That's the definition of the word. What the fuck are you talking about.

I think the term "character development" is being perceived in two different ways here, and I feel like I should add something as I sort of mentioned this before a few pages back. I believe that your referral to the concept of "character development" relates to the notion of a "character arc" in which a character undergoes a process or change throughout the course of a story (be it abruptly or at a slower pace depends on the plot/narrative). So yeah, you're right in this regard that character development CAN be a form of change. That said, what BallsOfShinji (your name tho...) is trying to say is that character development in of itself isn't just about having a character arc, it's also about their "characterization". Characterization denotes to creating, expanding, and literally exploring what makes a character (something that Eva very much does and handles pretty decently in the series, especially with Shinji's character). Which is fair enough, since "development" doesn't just mean it's about growth but can also be a form of expansion/elaboration. So no, you're wrong in this regard, as character development does NOT exclusively focus on the notion of change and can also encompass the idea of exploration/elaboration of a character's traits.

So basically, you're sort of right and wrong in this regard. Character development CAN be a change in character (personality, beliefs, morals etc.) based on an intended "character arc", but it doesn't have to be JUST that, as character development can also simply involve "characterization", which explores the nature and foundations of what makes a character.

Which brings me back to Evangelion. Despite its seeming lack of "changes", I'd argue against this as I find that even with the barrage of continuous setbacks forced upon the characters, they do grow in different and subtle ways, especially having seen the series fairly recently. Rei develops enough humanity to have a sense of fear in losing one's attachments, Asuka reverses her frustrations into a positive source of strength by the end, Shinji learns to stop taking refuge in others enough to act on his own in various situations, albeit with limitations. That said, even putting aside notions of progress, I do think Evangelion does well enough in its characterization of the protagonists. How else are we able to perceive and place Shinji's role within the narrative? How else are we able to notice the greater focus put upon Shinji above the other characters? His inner turmoil, constant struggles or lack of motivation in situations? That's called characterization: the introduction, creation, establishment, and elaboration of a character. One might have qualms against the decision to focus primarily on Shinji's character above others **, but that doesn't change the fact that Evangelion does a LOT in terms of characterization. Now whether or not you think a change in characterization within a character (which is the point of having a character arc) is a necessity in creating a quality show is entirely up to you, depending on your views on the matter.

Not gonna lie though, reading all these comments is kind of a breath of fresh air honestly. Usually people just write up their list of overrated/underrated anime, but to have an actual ongoing discussion, be it short or long responses, is actually pretty surprising to see on a thread like this.

Modified by ronri, Mar 1, 2014 10:35 AM

Mar 1, 2014 10:26 AM

The wording for all this is a bit tricky unfortunately. In terms of straight semantics I agree with tsudecimo, I think character development is explicitly supposed to be the change in a character:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_development
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharacterDevelopment

But I also agree with ronri and others about their general point that the quality of a character can come from elaborating on that character's motives and personality instead of changing them. It's just that I wouldn't call that character development, maybe characterization or character building instead?

Mar 1, 2014 10:32 AM

daedroth4 said:
The wording for all this is a bit tricky unfortunately. In terms of straight semantics I agree with tsudecimo, I think character development is explicitly supposed to be the change in a character:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_development
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharacterDevelopment

But I also agree with ronri and others about their general point that the quality of a character can come from elaborating on that character's motives and personality instead of changing them. It's just that I wouldn't call that character development, maybe characterization or character building instead?

That's a good point actually. Perhaps "character building"/"characterization" should be treated differently from "character development" at this point since it denotes to a different matter altogether. In this regard, I think that's where the confusion/misunderstanding comes in, as some people are mixing the idea of a "character arc" and "characterization" under one descriptor (that descriptor being the go-to term of "character development").
Modified by ronri, Mar 1, 2014 11:00 AM

Mar 1, 2014 10:50 AM

Yeah exactly. People lump stuff like character depth, characterization, fleshing out characters, etc with character development.

A character can have great characterization and depth but can still be a static character at the same time. Character development is not the only sign of character 'quality'.

I will just assume most people think like this because character development is a more known and a popular term, to the point where some people think it's inherently a good thing and if a character was badly developed , then that character didn't have character development in the first place, which is bullocks.

Mar 1, 2014 11:04 PM
ssjokg said:
Tarextherex said:
BlackteZz said:

You understand that being spoiled or not,when you dont care at all about how many people you crush with the giant mecha you pilot,then you DO have serious problems.Or knowing that you

The spoiler thing only applies to the last few kids and they barely cared about that. As for the rest well you're obiously not talking about the same type of "serious problems" since the guy I responded to spoke as if we should pity the kids for their circumstances. Also them dying isn't a spoiler really but anyway they are kids trapped in their bubble( the giant robot), they dont have a strong grasp of the world around them, most of them were basically "ok, yolo" and that's it for every character. The fact that the show is so nilihistic is simply not very relatable due to it's extremeness, doing whatever you want for yourself when you're about to die is basically what everyone would do if those horrible circumstances would exist. Shinji being a wuss is much more relatable and justified because he's actually in charge of protecting humanty who is in trouble. Not only he has daddy issues but he doesnt have a mom, his mother figure isnt exactly optimal either and he's a very self-conscious beta young man so him being in the middle of all that clearly doesnt suit him. His backdrop is much more developped than any of bokurano's characters. He's relatable to everyone since humans in general can fear failure and have poor self-confidence, especially socially like shinji

Mar 2, 2014 3:15 AM

Meh, I've never liked calling Anime 'overrated' or 'underrated' - it felt like saying people are wrong for liking or disliking something as much as they do without knowing their reasons.

Popularity is another thing altogether.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’

Mar 2, 2014 7:34 AM

skyzblue said:
ssjokg said:
cupc said:

And its not that Shinji didn't try to do anything. It was just unfortunate that whenever he tried to take matters into his own hands, something unfortunate happens and he gets depressed again.

And as I said before Shinji going back and forth to being a mess isnt exactly good.In many other anime this is char stupidity/inconsistency but in NGE it is great writing and "subtle changes".

skyzblue said:
ssjokg said:
skyzblue said:
ssjokg said:
skyzblue said:

Thank you.
Have a nice time.

Yes, about that plot point of Bokurano, I read that last night. No offense, but I found that utterly hilarious. It seems the author just wants to take the children the blame of killing more and more people as possible, making them think "Good lord, I am going to destroy this, and this, and that. I am so depressed."

I found utterly hilarious almost every single scene with Shinji for reasons we already talked about and Rei's role(probably because she was my first experience with a"doll" char).
That you dont like the reason that caused them to have problems doesnt mean it is bad.And please Anno did his very best to make every char as depressing as he could.How doesnt matter.
Tarextherex said:
ssjokg said:
Tarextherex said:
BlackteZz said:

The spoiler thing only applies to the last few kids and they barely cared about that. As for the rest well you're obiously not talking about the same type of "serious problems" since the guy I responded to spoke as if we should pity the kids for their circumstances. Also them dying isn't a spoiler really but anyway they are kids trapped in their bubble( the giant robot), they dont have a strong grasp of the world around them, most of them were basically "ok, yolo" and that's it for every character. The fact that the show is so nilihistic is simply not very relatable due to it's extremeness, doing whatever you want for yourself when you're about to die is basically what everyone would do if those horrible circumstances would exist. Shinji being a wuss is much more relatable and justified because he's actually in charge of protecting humanty who is in trouble. Not only he has daddy issues but he doesnt have a mom, his mother figure isnt exactly optimal either and he's a very self-conscious beta young man so him being in the middle of all that clearly doesnt suit him. His backdrop is much more developped than any of bokurano's characters. He's relatable to everyone since humans in general can fear failure and have poor self-confidence, especially socially like shinji

Unlike the Eva pilots they didnt exactly have a choice and teh Eva pilots themselves didnt have a strong grasp of the world around them either?
NGE wasnt extreme?It wasnt nihilistc?Up till the sudden change of Shinji in EoE the only good thing about its world was...every sinlge good moment that was followed by some sort of tragedy?
Lets see:

Such a positive storyline.
Shinji's backstory isnt better.It is more detailed.And as much as horrible it can be so we can relate to him.Well no.Once again if NGE makes its chars have scars,traumas,or whatever issue it is fine but with may other series it is forcing the viewers to care about the chars.

Mar 2, 2014 7:38 AM

Overrated - Kuroshitsuji (Black Bulter)
Underrated - the original Dragon Ball. at least compared to Z

Mar 2, 2014 7:44 AM

sskojg said:
Once again
if NGE makes its chars have
scars,traumas,or whatever issue
it is fine but with may other
series it is forcing the viewers to
care about the chars

How the hell do you come with these conclusions?
The only thing, the users here are trying to say is:
Shinji's subtle character changes is a good thing in Eva..
And, the fact that Shinji's troubles, complex are a bit more detailed than the ones of the Bokurano characters.
Please explain how are we trying to degrade Bokurano...
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 2, 2014 7:45 AM

It's all one manga anyway

DB doesn't get proper respect since many people skip to the Saiyan saga and treat DB as some irrelevant prequel, sadly

Mar 2, 2014 7:46 AM
Don1Joker said:
Overrated - Kuroshitsuji (Black Bulter)
Underrated - the original Dragon Ball. at least compared to Z

Haven't seen Kuroshitsuji, but I agree with Dragon Ball. Much better than DBZ, great adventure setting, nice comedy and not just fights every fucking second. DBZ is just mindless action. Fun, but nothing really special.

Mar 2, 2014 7:49 AM

Kaimon237 said:

DB doesn't get proper respect since many people skip to the Saiyan saga and treat DB as some irrelevant prequel, sadly

DB was really fun. But for my 9 year old self DBZ was just way cooler.

Mar 2, 2014 7:53 AM

Kaimon237 said:

Yeah, this shit is sad really.

the original DB has a great creative strategy Tenkaichi Budokai fights, it treated the humans better, used them better, the power balance was handled better. i think most of the fanbase didn't like it as much as Z cuz it was a little "childish" since it was fully gag show until the Tienshinhan tenkaichi budokai arc, but the comedy was really funny. great sense of adventure too.
Modified by Lucifer-Rey, Mar 2, 2014 7:57 AM

Mar 2, 2014 7:53 AM

skyzblue said:
sskojg said:
Once again
care about the chars

And, the fact that Shinji's troubles, complex are a bit more detailed than the ones of the Bokurano characters.

Didnt you say that you found a certain plot point it hilarious?

From going around in forums I notcied that these kind of changes arent treated well with other series.So the reason it is good in NGE is what exactly?

I too said that it is more detailed.That doesnt make it better/more relatable.
And it makes things worse when in the very end he accepts everything because visions of other -better-worlds.

Mar 2, 2014 7:55 AM
skyzblue said:
sskojg said:
Once again
care about the chars

This is just pure butthurt. Nobody said that the others are forced. They just said that NGE is good in what it does, and it is indeed.

Mar 2, 2014 7:58 AM

Overrated - Evangelion (i didn't get it).
Underrated - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

Mar 2, 2014 8:03 AM

ssjokg said:
skyzblue said:
sskojg said:
Once again
care about the chars

Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 2, 2014 8:21 AM

skyzblue said:
ssjokg said:
skyzblue said:
sskojg said:
Once again
care about the chars

NGE isnt unrealistic?It doesnt have asspulls?

Rashkolnikov said:
skyzblue said:
sskojg said:
Once again
care about the chars

This is just pure butthurt. Nobody said that the others are forced. They just said that NGE is good in what it does, and it is indeed.

Yeah it is butthurt.NGE is according to its fandom is the only series were sudden/subtle changes in chars are acceptable.This isnt true?Was I browsing some weird part of MAL when I was seeing those?

Mar 2, 2014 9:28 AM

ssjokg said:
NGE isnt unrealistic?It doesnt
have asspulls?

Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 2, 2014 9:34 AM

ssjokg said:
Yeah it is butthurt.NGE is
according to its fandom is the
only series were sudden/subtle
changes in chars are
acceptable.
This isnt true?Was I
browsing some weird part of
MAL when I was seeing those?

Anyone who reads this thread will tell none of us has even mentioned the fact. Rather, isn't it you, who keeps on insisting on that fact?
Hating on Eva won't glorify Bokurano in any way.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 193 194 [195] 196 197 » ... Last »