Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 96 97 [98] 99 100 » ... Last »

Dec 9, 2012 11:50 AM
Overrated
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Clannad: After Story
Chihayafuru
Kuroko no Basket

Underrated
Boku no Pico
Mars of Destruction

Dec 9, 2012 11:50 AM
otaking
i try and use just the mal ratings as if is use any common sense i get mocked

Like if i use Tv ratings as a measure ie its over rated cause it got bad tv ratings moan at
if i say oh it did not sell well im Comparesion to some think under neath it in Mal ratings get moaned at
if i use the old General Pop Culture impact Augment i get thats to Japan centric idea

Yes iv double posted cause im not miss quoted
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Dec 9, 2012 12:26 PM

Overrated:
Clannad: AS
Steins;Gate

Underrated:
Turn A Gundam
Slam Dunk
Dragon Ball Z (on this forum)

Dec 9, 2012 12:31 PM
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Overrated: Evangelion, Sword Art Online, Baccano, Steins;Gate (Just a little bit)
Underrated: Strike Witches, K-On, Hidamari Sketch, Oreimo, Baka and Test.

K-On must deserve MORE love than all the mouth frothing raving the otaku of Japan give it. That show is like... the biggest thing in the universe over there.

...Or maybe it's only underrated among people.

Dec 9, 2012 12:35 PM

Churuya_San said:
I wasn't implying it was okay to judge off of that, just examples of what people judge off of. It's not legit but better than saying the plot sucks after watching two episodes. I didn't say One Piece's seiyuu sucked. And what else do you want them to do? Watch a few more episodes of what they dislike just to get a better image of it?

Maybe read the manga? It won't take more than an hour (enough for 3 anime episodes) to read around an years worth of chapters. That's what I do with long running anime. I read the manga to see if I should watch the anime.

@ Introverturtle : I didn't mean it was generally bad or anything. I just meant that most of the fans make too big a deal of it.

Also, agreeing with RyuujiXmemories on Shinsekai Yori. It's underrated as hell, all because a couple of retards got butthurt over a yaoi kiss lasting a full 30 seconds and isn't likely to happen again and because they weren't "warned" beforehand when it quite clearly said that homosexual relations are quite normal in their world. To top it off, they gave us a good minute and half of yuri action as well. It's one of the best anime to come out this season.

Dec 9, 2012 12:40 PM

Overrated: Gintama, Sword Art Online, Gurren Lagann.

Underrated: Dragon Ball Z Kai (only at an 8.07 even with the top notch voice acting/less filler?) Xam'd: Lost Memories.

Dec 9, 2012 12:43 PM

yhunata said:

Also, agreeing with RyuujiXmemories on Shinsekai Yori. It's underrated as hell, all because a couple of retards got butthurt over a yaoi kiss lasting a full 30 seconds and isn't likely to happen again and because they weren't "warned" beforehand when it quite clearly said that homosexual relations are quite normal in their world. To top it off, they gave us a good minute and half of yuri action as well. It's one of the best anime to come out this season.

Thats far from the reason its "underated"(its overated in my opinion, but thats irrelavant to the discussion). Have you considert the possibility that people might just not like the series or they think its boring?
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Dec 9, 2012 12:48 PM

rederoin said:
Thats far from the reason its "underated"(its overated in my opinion, but thats irrelavant to the discussion). Have you considert the possibility that people might just not like the series or they think its boring?

Isn't the point of this thread to point out what we think is over/underrated? I think it's underrated, therefore I said so. I tried to explain my reasoning and seriously, if you check the Shinsekai Yori subforums, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Dec 9, 2012 12:54 PM

Overrated - Clannad, I never got into it. I watched it right after I saw Toradora!, and which is my favorite series to date, so it was kind of unfair.

Underrated - True Tears, I think more people should give this a try.

Dec 9, 2012 1:15 PM

yhunata said:
@ Introverturtle : I didn't mean it was generally bad or anything. I just meant that most of the fans make too big a deal of it.
Overhyped =/= Overrated.

Dec 9, 2012 1:17 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
Overhyped =/= Overrated.

I am still confused on why "fans" should not like something very much if they are a "fan" of it.

Dec 9, 2012 1:57 PM

Anime_Name said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
Overhyped =/= Overrated.

I am still confused on why "fans" should not like something very much if they are a "fan" of it.

Hmm... well, I must have confused myself over something else, then. Sorry about that.

But I'm still holding on to what I said about Shinsekai Yori, though.

Dec 9, 2012 1:59 PM
Right now Overrated: SAO
Right now underrated: Zetsuen no Tempest

Dec 9, 2012 3:09 PM

RLinksoul said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Overrated: Evangelion, Sword Art Online, Baccano, Steins;Gate (Just a little bit)

K-On must deserve MORE love than all the mouth frothing raving the otaku of Japan give it. That show is like... the biggest thing in the universe over there.

Read what I said before. I'm talking about the western community. I don't see how such an unoffensive show could be so bitterly hated over here. Plus, even those otaku you mentioned aren't giving it the credit it deserves. Their reasons for liking it most likely stem from the fact that it has cute moe girls. I like it because of the coming of age story and the dramatic elements hidden behind all the moe that no one seems to take notice of. And also for its stunning visuals, its writing and Naoko Yamada's direction. Aside from some professional reviews, I've never seen anyone give it credit for that

Dec 9, 2012 3:17 PM
otaking
SquadmemberRitsu said:
RLinksoul said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

Read what I said before. I'm talking about the western community. I don't see how such an unoffensive show could be so bitterly hated over here. Plus, even those otaku you mentioned aren't giving it the credit it deserves. Their reasons for liking it most likely stem from the fact that it has cute moe girls. I like it because of the coming of age story and the dramatic elements hidden behind all the moe that no one seems to take notice of. And also for its stunning visuals, its writing and Naoko Yamada's direction. Aside from some professional reviews, I've never seen anyone give it credit for that

Wait an anime that swept every award possible is under Rated your Smoking some powerful trees there [ thats the reason its got its rating it did from me ]
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Dec 9, 2012 3:30 PM

Overrated: Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Soul Eater... I've heard so many people talk about them.

Dec 9, 2012 3:35 PM

Unfulfilled said:
Overrated: Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Soul Eater... I've heard so many people talk about them.
That could be overhyped or too popular but that's not overrated.

Dec 9, 2012 3:38 PM
otaking
Unfulfilled said:

50% is not bad

Dec 14, 2012 4:01 AM

Hmm. The one that immediately comes to my mind is K-On! I don't see whats great about this show. I guess i favor more serious anime.

Dec 15, 2012 12:32 AM

Overrated

Clannad (only season 1, season 2 met expectations)

Underrated

Claymore
Ergo Proxy
Sword Art Online

Dec 15, 2012 12:34 AM

Combustious said:
For Cowboy Bebop, I mean it was a good show, but most of the random episodes were boring and predictable. The ones that did pertain to the story were pretty good, but I think they should have dedicated more episodes to it and explained more about Spike/the Red Dragon.

Another person that thinks Cowboy Beboy is not all perfect and glorious or "timeless anime masterpiece". Didn't fully get into the series as I'm not that into sci-fi but don't mind episodic series, like Mushishi or Gintama. Only near the end did I find it interesting and the art style wasn't to my liking.

An underrated anime would be the Bakuman series. Written by the same authors as Death Note, on face value the series seem plain but when you start watching it, it really grows on you.

Dec 15, 2012 7:39 AM

Overrated: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece
Underrated: cant think of any at the moment

Dec 15, 2012 7:47 AM

Overrated:
- K-on!
- SAO
- Clannad
-Clannad After Story
- Durarara!

Underrated:
- Giant Robo
- Level E
- Bartender
- Digimon Tamers
"I’m not going there to die; I’m going to find out if I’m really alive."
~Spike Spiegel - The Real Folk Blues Pt II

Dec 15, 2012 7:57 AM
Unfulfilled said:

The only critically acclaimed anime you listed is Deathe Note. Bleach, Naruto and Soul Eater are far from overrated.

It's 2012 and people still think popular = overrated. SMH.

Dec 15, 2012 9:06 AM
underrated: Shinsekai yori

Dec 15, 2012 10:33 AM

Totally agree with Shinsekai yori being underrated. People must have horrible taste if they dislike that show... and let's not even get into the laughably close-minded people who dropped it after the 8th episode. Plot is obviously the most important thing in an anime and Shinsekai yori's got that down pat. In fact, I can say that it has the best and most original plot I've seen this year.

Dec 20, 2012 12:19 AM

Overrated:

1) Clannad + Clannad After Story!!!!
(in my opinion the other Key animes Kanon and Air are way better than Clannad!! i really dont get it why so many ppl think that Clannad is the best anime they have ever seen..i mean it's pretty nice, dramatic and so on but i think it's definitely not a masterpiece!!)

2) Vampire Knight!!
(nothing special..in my opinion the whole anime is about the love triangle Yuki-Zero-Kaname!! and i've seen better love stories..)

Underrated:

1) EF- A Tale of Memories/Melodies!!!!!!
(this anime is very similar to Clannad but it has a better story, better characters and better locations! especially the 2nd season is very heart-touching^^ but it's way too underrated..)

2) Ragnarök + Tales of Symphonia!!
(both animes are based on adventures and even though they dont have many episodes they still have great storylines!! they are way too underrated too!!!)

Dec 20, 2012 1:01 AM

Overrated:

1:Naruto-It has the worst fillers ever.

2:Neon Genesis Evangelion-For some reason people believe this is a mindfuck anime. It isn't all it is is a bad mix of religion and science full of plotholes and poorly explained terminology. It also has the most unlikeable cast of characters I have ever seen.

3:K-ON!-It's all about moe and drinking tea and it gets boring after 10 episodes.

4:Madoka-Another anime people consider a mindfuck for no apparent reason. Sure it has an interesting twist and the Homura episodes were great if the whole anime was like that it would be one of the best animes ever. But unfortunately Homura couldn't carry the weight of the other cast members who were forgetable except Sayaka who was a retarded bitch.

5:Vampire Knight-It's so horribly bad that giving it any rating would be overrating it.(Twilight fans will rage)

6:Almost every echi anime with the exception of Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari

7:Death Note-the second season(everything after L died) was bad

8:Fate/Stay Night-People die... if they are killed!

9:Pokemon-now that I'm older it makes me wanna puke!

Dec 20, 2012 1:03 AM

Underrated: Shinsekai yori
Best of the season.

Dec 20, 2012 2:40 AM
Ralinor666 said:
Overrated:

2:Neon Genesis Evangelion-For some reason people believe this is a mindfuck anime. It isn't all it is is a bad mix of religion and science full of plotholes and poorly explained terminology. It also has the most unlikeable cast of characters I have ever seen.

3:K-ON!-It's all about moe and drinking tea and it gets boring after 10 episodes.

4:Madoka-Another anime people consider a mindfuck for no apparent reason. Sure it has an interesting twist and the Homura episodes were great if the whole anime was like that it would be one of the best animes ever. But unfortunately Homura couldn't carry the weight of the other cast members who were forgetable except Sayaka who was a retarded bitch.

5:Vampire Knight-It's so horribly bad that giving it any rating would be overrating it.(Twilight fans will rage)

7:Death Note-the second season(everything after L died) was bad

Naruto has too many haters to be considered overrated.

Dec 20, 2012 4:38 AM

Ralinor666 said:

Agreed with the fillers being the worst, but to say an anime is overrated because of their fillers is overdoing it as the fillers can be easily skipped and you won't be losing or missing anything about the show.

Ralinor666 said:

You can't say that unless you have watched "almost every ecchi" anime, which you haven't. Not to mention, you yourself haven't given any ecchi anime less than 7.

Ralinor666 said:
7:Death Note-the second season
was bad

Spoiler that. There are people here who haven't watched till that part.

Ralinor666 said:

You're making yourself look like an idiot here. To say that an anime made for kids is overrated because you don't like it anymore because you're older is bullshit.

OT; Underrated :

Jyu Oh Sei - It's a pretty engaging story with some nice soundtracks and all. The way the story develops and the characters unfold is also very well executed.

Asu no Yoichi! - For an ecchi, I feel it does it's job very well. The main character also isn't a weak ass and is disrespected by every woman in the series, as he is pretty much the strongest person in the storyline and he also gains everyone's respect through a series of error and trial. It's also interesting how the MC (and the other two weirdos) tries to adapt to the city life.

Dec 20, 2012 5:17 AM

People reallty don't understand the difference between popular and overrated. Naruto is probably too popular for your liking, but it's definetely not overrated.

Naruto is ranked 855 in MAL, for your information. For an anime this popular, it is a terrible ranking.

Dec 20, 2012 5:38 AM
Can't get much more overrated than One Piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3BPgyhStLk

Just look at the likes and Dislikes, this supposed to be Death Note or something?

Dec 20, 2012 5:41 AM

SetsukoHara said:
People reallty don't understand the difference between popular and overrated. Naruto is probably too popular for your liking, but it's definetely not overrated.

Naruto is ranked 855 in MAL, for your information. For an anime this popular, it is a terrible ranking.

I think that's usually a popular misconception when it comes to anime. Just because something is popular doesn't make it "good."

For example, the Chicago Cubs. They are a popular MLB baseball team, but just because they are popular doesn't make them "good"...you just root for them because they're lovable losers and you accept that they are bad, despite the popularity.

I'm sure there are a lot of Naruto fans out there that acknowledge that the series is bad. Hell, I consider myself a Bleach "fan" and I think I rated it a 5 on MAL.

Dec 20, 2012 5:45 AM
Toucanbird said:
SetsukoHara said:

I think that's usually a popular misconception when it comes to anime. Just because something is popular doesn't make it "good."

For example, the Chicago Cubs. They are a popular MLB baseball team, but just because they are popular doesn't make them "good"...you just root for them because they're lovable losers and you accept that they are bad, despite the popularity.

I'm sure there are a lot of Naruto fans out there that acknowledge that the series is bad. Hell, I consider myself a Bleach "fan" and I think I rated it a 5 on MAL.

this is just about Overrated/Underrated. How good the show is doesn't matter.

Bleach is probably 1 of the most underrated Anime ever.

Dec 20, 2012 9:32 AM

Pandarenboy said:

Just look at the likes and Dislikes, this supposed to be Death Note or something?
It's overrated because the fans like the video on youtube? Are you stupid?

Pandarenboy said:
this is just about Overrated/Underrated. How good the show is doesn't matter.

Bleach is probably 1 of the most underrated Anime ever.
Being underrated or overrated depends on how good the show is compared to the score, so yes how good the show is does matter.

So you're a troll, I don't think anyone can be this stupid.

Dec 20, 2012 9:43 AM

Pandarenboy said:

Well, it's an AMV video called This is One Piece, I think this explains something like the fact that most people who search and watch it have some sort of involvement with One Piece. Since an AMV is a form of expression and celebration of a show by a fan, it is only natural that those who watch it are also fans and therefore like it.

Dec 20, 2012 9:48 AM

Most overrated Animes i have ever seen:-

Durarara!!
Spice and Wolf
Elfen Lied
Another
Ao no Exorcist
Sword Art Online
Fairy Tail

Dec 20, 2012 9:56 AM

Toucanbird said:
SetsukoHara said:

Yeah there's a lot of people that don't get that.

Dec 20, 2012 11:15 AM

yhunata said:
Ralinor666 said:

Agreed with the fillers being the worst, but to say an anime is overrated because of their fillers is overdoing it as the fillers can be easily skipped and you won't be losing or missing anything about the show.

True but to be honest there are more things I don't like about it like the battles kinda got more boring after everyone learned OP jitsu and there are a lot lees cool clever tricks for the characters to pull off.

yhunata said:

Ralinor666 said:

You can't say that unless you have watched "almost every ecchi" anime, which you haven't. Not to mention, you yourself haven't given any ecchi anime less than 7.

ok so I like harem/ecchi anime that doesn't mean they are as good as some people make them out to be the biggest issue I have with them is that when they try to be serious I can't take them seriously (except Bakemonogatari which was quite good and if you know more anime like it pease tell me) and even if I haven't watched every ecchi anime most of them are basically a bunch of girls like the same guy for some reason but he only likes 1 girl who doesn't actually like him etc

yhunata said:

Ralinor666 said:

You're making yourself look like an idiot here. To say that an anime made for kids is overrated because you don't like it anymore because you're older is bullshit.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is for kids and I still like that also for some reason a lot of adults watch Pokemon which I honestly can't stand.
Modified by EdgyMcEdgeface, Dec 20, 2012 11:26 AM

Dec 20, 2012 11:21 AM

Ralinor666 said:
Overrated:
!

You know that sentence actually makes sense in the context in which it comes from. Remove the context and it becomes stupid

Dec 20, 2012 11:36 AM

Ralinor666 said:
True but to be honest there are more things I don't like about it like the battles kinda got more boring after everyone learned OP jitsu and there are a lot lees cool clever tricks for the characters to pull off.

You need more Shikamaru it seems. Also, wait for some time and then skip all fillers and watch the war arc. Something brilliant will happen and it's not good for the Shinobi Alliance.

Ralinor666 said:
ok so I like harem/ecchi anime that doesn't mean they are as good as some people make them out to be the biggest issue I have with them is that when they try to be serious I can't take them seriously (except Bakemonogatari which was quite good and if you know more anime like it pease tell me) and even if I haven't watched every ecchi anime most of them are basically a bunch of girls like the same guy for some reason but he only likes 1 girl who doesn't actually like him etc

You clearly haven't seen most of the News threads, have you? Whenever there is "moe" or "ecchi" in an anime, it immediately gets a lot of hate posts and not gonna watch posts. Most of the praises ecchi gets is for its fanservice. And most ecchi are in no way overrated.

Ralinor666 said:
Yu-Gi-Oh! is for kids and I still like that also for some reason a lot of adults watch Pokemon which I honestly can't stand.

Still doesn't mean it's overrated, though. I'm not really disagreeing with you or anything. I was just pointing out that the points you made didn't really have much justification for being overrated.

Dec 20, 2012 12:11 PM

Overrated:
Fate/Zero. Everyone acts like this is amazing shit and a top 5 anime when it isn't even close. It just had hype from the Fate name and just because it managed to not be as much of a mess as Fate Stay Night and had good visuals is suddenly all great.
The fact that this anime seems to have a mess of a plot and you need two tones of explanations for every fucking shit from others it's obvious that is not a highly good work. A really good anime should be able to stand by itself and make sense. The fate series of anime doesn't. The storytelling is one big mess.

SAO - Just a typical anime that's actually a good watch but nothing that can actually excuse all this "best anime ever" and high grating. Users giving it ten after a single episode shows that it's one overblown hype machine that got too much love by people who wanted to love it before it even aired.

Haruhi- NO IS NOT DEEP SHIT YOU FUCKING OTAKU. IT IS A MOE SCHOOL ANIME PRETENDING TO HAVE A PLOT.
Also Haruhi is a freaking cunt, and Yui nothing but a Rei clone. Don't get me started on the supposed cool male archetype of Kyon, Kyoani's favorite male shit where a guy always acts indifferent(supposedly his cool because of that) while getting pulled around by an illogical girl. Where to i have seen that again? Oh! yeah every fucking time Kyoani tries to make an anime. Thank god K-ON! didn't have any males at least.

TTGL- No showing crazy over the top shit doesn't equal to epic you stupid fucks. Epic is simply being really good not having over the top silliness. Also childish silly optimism isn't GAR, is just immature. GAR is fucking Guts from Berserk not a man-child like Kamina.

Clannad - Moe drama isn't mature drama you blithering otaku key fans. Nana is mature drama not Clannad. Clannad is otaku based drama so the little "forever alone" people can cry in there rooms hugging their stupid Nagisa pillows.

Ano Hina: another drama series for the immature audiences that still have their parents paying them and the otaku like Clannad. Yeah a fucking girl died some years ago and suddenly now everyone remember to go all fucking emotional just because they played together as kids. Ah yes but the girl is a moe little ghost how can you not cry you cruel person? Give me a fucking break!!!

Mirai Nikki, Higurashi, Elfen Lied - All this anime have a train-wreck of a plot and stupidly presented events but many consiter them masterpieces just because they got all wow! by seeing some strong blood scenes and a few crazy girls.

Underrated:
Witchblade - Great series that many even think is some cheap action fanservice anime before watching while it actually has mature themes and drama.

Ga-Rei: Zero - Because except from the fact that it is a manga prequel and it can't have a full ending everything else was made in perfection. Actually it's from the few times an anime is better than the manga series. Also one of the most amazing female characters ever made in this anime. Yet this anime is just lost somewhere between a tone of other 12 anime episode series with just a decent grade when things like SAO that are amusing but only half as good go to glory.

Blood+ - A very nice series that manages to feature realistic characters in a supernatural environment. The best of the Blood franchise and although it has some recognizebility it's highly underrated compared to other less good anime. Unfortunately it wasn't fast paced enough or crazy enough for many of the TTGL generation that thing awesome is showing crazy shit.

B Gata H Kei - a show that it's actually a very good comedy that unfortunately is wrongly consider as just an ecchi anime.
Modified by Monad, Dec 20, 2012 12:52 PM

Dec 20, 2012 12:32 PM

Monad said:

Haruhi- NO IS NOT DEEP SHIT YOU FUCKING OTAKU. IT IS A MOE SCHOOL ANIME PRETENDING TO HAVE A PLOT.

Yeah people exaggerates with it. But it had a pretty good narrative.

Also the movie was awesome.
Monad said:

TTGL- No showing crazy over the top shit doesn't equal to epic you stupid fucks. Epic is simply being really good not having over the top silliness. Also childish silly optimism isn't GAR, is just immature. GAR is fucking Guts from Berserk not a man-child like Kamina.

Clannad - Moe drama isn't mature drama you blithering otaku key fans. Nana is mature drama not Clannad. Clannad is otaku based drama so the little "forever alone" people can cry in there rooms hacking there stupid Nagisa pillows.

Agree.

Dec 20, 2012 12:53 PM

Monad said:
Overrated:
Fate/Zero. Everyone acts like this is amazing shit and a top 5 anime when it isn't even close. It just had hype from the Fate name and just because it managed to not be as much of a mess as Fate Stay Night and had good visuals is suddenly all great.
The fact that this anime seems to have a mess of a plot and you need two tones of explanations for every fucking shit from others it's obvious that is not a highly good work. A really good anime should be able to stand by itself and make sense. The fate series of anime doesn't. The storytelling is one big mess.

SAO - Just a typical anime that's actually a good watch but nothing that can actually excuse all this "best anime ever" and high grating. Users giving it ten after a single episode shows that it's one overblown hype machine that got too much love by people who wanted to love it before it even aired.

Clannad - Moe drama isn't mature drama you blithering otaku key fans. Nana is mature drama not Clannad. Clannad is otaku based drama so the little "forever alone" people can cry in there rooms hugging their stupid Nagisa pillows.

Ano Hina: another drama series for the immature audiences that still have their parents paying them and the otaku like Clannad. Yeah a fucking girl died some years ago and suddenly now everyone remember to go all fucking emotional just because they played together as kids. Ah yes but the girl is a moe little ghost how can you not cry you cruel person? Give me a fucking break!!!

Mirai Nikki, Higurashi, Elfen Lied - All this anime have a train-wreck of a plot and stupidly presented events but many consiter them masterpieces just because they got all wow! by seeing some strong blood scenes and a few crazy girls.

Dec 20, 2012 1:00 PM

Toucanbird said:
Monad said:
Overrated:

Also Haruhi is a freaking cunt, and Yui nothing but a Rei clone. Don't get me started on the supposed cool male archetype of Kyon, Kyoani's favorite male shit where a guy always acts indifferent(supposedly his cool because of that) while getting pulled around by an illogical girl. Where to i have seen that again? Oh! yeah every fucking time Kyoani tries to make an anime. Thank god K-ON! didn't have any males at least.

Don't get me started on your ass emperor. Cause i will. You will soon find out my dark side is too strong for you to handle.
Modified by Monad, Dec 20, 2012 1:24 PM

Dec 20, 2012 1:11 PM

Overrated:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - The mother of all overrated anime. I keep getting told that this anime is legendary, GOAT. I feel like throwing up every time I watch it and people actually believe that. The worst part of all is the fans that do the "its2deep4u" spiel. No, it's not. It's just not a well executed anime and considering it needed three or four or however many movies they are up to now to fine tune the series is a declaration in itself that this is not a good anime (well, it's good but it's not GOAT).

Fate/Zero - I think the fact that it gets compared to Fate/Stay Night doesn't help it's case. It's like comparing the Dallas Cowboys to the New York Jets. Yeah, they look good in comparison but that doesn't mean it's a great anime. Sure, it has breathtaking animation, some great music, and some pretty interesting characters. However, the story is a mess and not the best executed. I found the final episode to be very underwhelming and some of the actual fights were pretty lackluster. This series needed to do a little more focusing on Saber's character and history for me to get invested in her battle with Berserker. This COULD have been great, but it needed some fine tuning and I felt some of the episodes didn't spend their time well.

Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa - What an asspull ending. This movie blows and made me one uninspired Macross Frontier fan.

Underrated:

Last Exile - Good story with some nice characters, great atmosphere (literally), and beautifully animated. I'm a little ashamed of myself for not watching it sooner.

Katanagatari - A rather unique, well crafted anime with a historical Japanese setting. It had some excellent character interaction between the two main protagonists and how the plot unraveled made for an interesting watch. This one seems to fly under a lot of radars.

Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles - For an anime based off a video game, it's pretty damn good. It has some of the best character interaction I've seen and steps on a lot of cultural and racial boundaries some animes might avoid. I loved the animation style and music for the series. It set the mood pretty well.

Dec 20, 2012 2:20 PM

FLCL seriously, i've been recommended that so many times and watched english dub/sub and its terrible both times.

Dec 21, 2012 8:23 AM

A lot of people dont know the meaning of overrated and underrated, there are animes out there that are masterpieces but they just arent that well known, that doesn't necessarily mean they're underrated. People are just mentioning the animes that they didnt like or understand, that are popular with a lot of people. I think you can only determine wether an anime is over/underrated if you actually liked the anime and have no biased opinions towards it. Of course it is still all a matter of opinion.

Noir is a highly underrated anime its only ranked #1345 on the list
Highschool of the Dead is definitely overrated; 99% of anime with ecchi in it should not be higher than #1000 the same goes for Highschool DXD
Fairy Tail is overrated; I feel like i've seen the same fight scene replayed 100 times.
Elfen Lied is underrated; people see the first episode with the nudity and judge it immediately.
I actually think One Piece, Naruto/Shipuudden and Bleach are underrated (not so much One Piece); people don't give them enough credit and are too critical and hateful towards them, they think they're overrated just because they're the most known.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 96 97 [98] 99 100 » ... Last »