Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2011 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Recap. Nothing of importance to say about this episode, but since I was too lazy to post some thoughts on the previous ones, I'll throw some here.

- Pace is still bad. But I can't really say if it's not so bad compared to the beginning, or if it's still the same and I'm simply getting used to it.
- Much like the "classic" Gundam, this series makes an extra effort to force a mecha battle almost every episode. And the fights aren't nothing to write home about, so in this aspect I am disappoint.
- On a brighter note, the characters aren't nearly as hateful like in those "classic" Gundam, even when emotionally unstable. Loran is a pretty cool guy.
- That Loran and Laura business is still stupid. Even after "Laura" admitted "she" was a moonrace, the later who had met Loran face-to-face (specially Lt Harry) still think they're two different persons. At one point it seemed Harry was suspecting otherwise, or maybe he knew what was going on from the beginning. But then he said something like "It's Loran who's piloting the Mustache, and not Laura? Nevertheless, I must destroy it." I guess I should be glad this is not a important plot point (yet?).
- I don't expect people to easily suspect Kihel and Dianna pulled the old switcheroo through physical appearance alone (even if their eyes are different). But I can only wonder how they can keep their disguises this long after being separated. It's not like they had time (or will) to properly plan how each other should act. Unless there's something more to their likeness...
- Will Game is a terrible character, and needs to shave badly (or at least the animators need to learn how to make facial hair). The only justification for his existance I can come up with is to give some insight into Dianna's past and introduce that "mysterious and sexy old lady".
- This recap highlights Guin's intentions of technological advancements (getting enough foothold, so they could negotiate the land over technology). It's indeed the safest bet for his true intentions, but I'm still not sure if his actions so far (specially now) always had this goal in mind.
- From the moment those "Borjanon" appeared, first thing that came to mind was Zaku-ripoff. Interestingly enough, the recaps did refer to them as the "Zaku from the first Gundam". Not sure if ther are going to stabilish a link between them, or just a little fanservice to oldschool Gundam fans.
- Corin Nander is a bit... wut. I was hoping he wasn't going to last long, but it's probably not going to be the case, since he mentioned he had a "past" with the Gundam. Not to mention the whole talk of "moon split into different factions".
Aug 27, 2012 1:56 AM

Jul 2008
recap? really?
Jun 30, 2013 6:05 PM

Nov 2011
This series is complicated and crazy fast, but the recap wasn't really helpful. I totally could have skipped over that, I think. I don't know how much I like this series so far. It's very strange in the way it does everything, but at least the protagonist is decent for a Gundam show. I'll just reserve my judgment until the end, I guess..
Jan 25, 2015 5:35 PM

Jul 2010
Cathedral said:
This series is complicated and crazy fast, but the recap wasn't really helpful. I totally could have skipped over that, I think. I don't know how much I like this series so far. It's very strange in the way it does everything, but at least the protagonist is decent for a Gundam show. I'll just reserve my judgment until the end, I guess..

Yeah, for a Gundam show this MC is actually quite decent so far and not doing stupid ass hell decisions but who knows.
Apr 19, 2017 2:07 AM

Dec 2015
A summary! And badly integrated and build at that !!
Having Rolan express things he isn't supposed to know distances you too much from the show, and it's made worse by the fact it is a plain summary with no justification in-universe. Even Zeta made an effort there.

1/5 A romance between the disguised princess and Rolan? o_O Thanks for warning me, I didn't notice it...

1- Much like the "classic" Gundam, this series makes an extra effort to force a mecha battle almost every episode. And the fights aren't nothing to write home about, so in this aspect I am disappoint.
2- On a brighter note, the characters aren't nearly as hateful like in those "classic" Gundam, even when emotionally unstable. Loran is a pretty cool guy.
3- That Loran and Laura business is still stupid. Even after "Laura" admitted "she" was a moonrace, the later who had met Loran face-to-face (specially Lt Harry) still think they're two different persons. At one point it seemed Harry was suspecting otherwise, or maybe he knew what was going on from the beginning. But then he said something like "It's Loran who's piloting the Mustache, and not Laura? Nevertheless, I must destroy it." I guess I should be glad this is not a important plot point (yet?).
4- I don't expect people to easily suspect Kihel and Dianna pulled the old switcheroo through physical appearance alone (even if their eyes are different). But I can only wonder how they can keep their disguises this long after being separated. It's not like they had time (or will) to properly plan how each other should act. Unless there's something more to their likeness...
5- Will Game is a terrible character, and needs to shave badly (or at least the animators need to learn how to make facial hair). The only justification for his existance I can come up with is to give some insight into Dianna's past and introduce that "mysterious and sexy old lady".
6- From the moment those "Borjanon" appeared, first thing that came to mind was Zaku-ripoff. Interestingly enough, the recaps did refer to them as the "Zaku from the first Gundam". Not sure if ther are going to stabilish a link between them, or just a little fanservice to oldschool Gundam fans.

1- I am glad I read The Origin and watched the theatrical trilogy then. Turn A, though, doesn't insist that much compared to Zeta, where any lame excuse or none was enough to justify half of each episode being yet another (useless) escarmouche between robots.
2- What? The original White Base crew was such that you ended up easily attached to them. the only hateful crew members I can remember were the two mischievous guys in ZZ (one becoming captain of his own ship -_-)
3- Idem. Same thing for Harry's case, I don't get why they made him act like he was playing along then believing it for real.
4-It looks more oike Kihel has some easiness to slip into the role of a leader, maybe a vocation? The princess had also probably no close relationship who could figure it out thanks to a better knowledge of her. On the other hand, the princess's interpretation is lacking and the sister should have more than a doubt (unless they're not together enough time).
5- A character made for a certain purpose isn't bad if he fulfills his role.
6- The Capool (ZZ?) from before and Will's GM (0079) are here too. The Correct Century is officially supposed to take place several centuries after the Universal Century era.
Rei_IIIApr 19, 2017 3:25 AM
Dec 29, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 2017
Well, they didn't even include the triple loop scene for the emotional flashback. Not much to discuss about the recap (which was an excuse to use CGI for character profile scenes and that recap book), so just some thoughts on the show:

- I wonder what's Diana's opinion about Loran's resemblance to "Lora" (did she realize?)

- Waiting for "Diana's" side to be fleshed out more (how's she living on the ship, does she feel exhausted playing this role, etc). Maybe it'd be a good idea to show Diana's room with objects from her past to make Kiehl "live through" the role or something like that.
St0rmbladeDec 29, 2020 3:56 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

24 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.