Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 28, 2011 8:50 PM

Dec 2010
St_Ranger said:
Well, I might be mistaken, but Yukio's grandfather (mysterious old man in the end of episode 20) looks like that bishop, who gets caught in blue flames in the beginning of episode 1 (Blue Night events, I presume). You can see that his face is badly burnt. Maybe he survived back then.

Woah you're totally right!!, I did not remember that guy at all until you pointed this out. It's definitely him...hmm makes you wonder what he knows about what really went on that night and how the twins were born...
Aug 28, 2011 9:08 PM

May 2010
When Arthur shows up....he brings a fire truck with him. lol.
Aug 28, 2011 9:46 PM

Jan 2011
Now I hope this FINALLY shows people just because you don't follow the manga doesn't mean you can't be a excellent show. This is just like FMA, went with original material, and was still an excellent series. As long as the writers are on their shit, don't matter what they pump out.
Aug 28, 2011 9:53 PM

Mar 2011
Not a fan of Yukio..he's just so ... blah. He goes about everything wrong, facing such powerful foes. He shouldn't be locking Rin up. As his teacher/brother/and friend(?) he should be helping him!! Shura was awesome too, and she's done her job. She guided Rin and motivated him, while Yukio is driven by pride and fear. Afraid of losing his brother..? Suppose to protect him but...ahhhm. whatevs. Don't care much for him..

-ohh and looking forward to seeing him lose control. Sick an tired of all the hate on Rin's shoulders. Fcks sake he's doing his best. 'specially with that bald kid.. T_T

-ALSO, worried that they set up too big of a goal. Defeating Satan. Don't want to bring the negetivity to this forum but I really hope this doesn't end with a "save your loved ones/& not give up whilst looking in the distance.." (2nd season.?)
LoonyLimboAug 28, 2011 9:57 PM
Aug 28, 2011 10:43 PM

Feb 2010
wow. YES. awesome episode. but damn, let Mephi do his thang you damn paladin!

Looking forward to learn more about rin & yukios grandpa... and how they were born...
Aug 29, 2011 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty awesome episode!
Nice fighting and everything.

Still a bit confused with the teacher and his wife though...

But whatever! I'm looking forward to the next one!
Aug 29, 2011 12:18 AM

Jan 2011
Grandfather...HUH????
Aug 29, 2011 12:56 AM

Oct 2010
Aww cut Yuki some slack. He's been working so hard, training undercover with his brother so blissful for years and years believing that he's got some sort of duty to fulfill, while in the end it was actually for naught. I can understand why he's so depressed over his broken obsession. Hope he won't go the wrong path, though, I like him nice and mature just like that. Oh well some twist wouldn't hurt. Won't complain if they pull him to the other side or something. DANG GIVE EXPLANATION ON THAT MARK IN HIS ARM PLEASE.

Yep, I'm also one of you who thought he'd explode some fire in a pinch. Lol wishful thinking.

Plot I beg you to thicken even more.
Aug 29, 2011 1:38 AM

Jun 2009
020303 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
sunako1006 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
otakuthon49 said:
Polish in this series = WTF?
Does it mean in this case that Japan approved of Poland's influence in Christianity? It could mean that Japan gives us enough respect to put our stuff in their animes that have Christian element such as the Church where it was featured. In any case it's nice someone caught sign of it.
Influence in Christianity? There're not into Christianity, they just think that priests look cool(I can't understand why). Anyway, who think that someone in Japan know where Poland is?
No, I meant they sure know our best Pope John Paul the second so I though that finally them putting some of out language with Catholic stuff meant finally a sign as seeing us being great believers whereas before it may not have been the case.

TBH I have never seen Polish being used like that in anime.

It could be that professor eyepatch & his wife(the masked man) are polish, they could be Polish characters which is why it was written in Polish. The professor's name even sounds kind of european, forget how to pronounce lol.

yup like they said in the ep poland is igors homeland
Aug 29, 2011 1:45 AM
Dec 2007
A flock of unintroduced characters, unintroduced background and new developments out of the blue just to prove that Rin can use his blue flames. How much stuffier and random can this anime get ?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 29, 2011 3:19 AM

Oct 2009
Wife was brought back to life or something?

Yukio is so annoying man, for fu_k sake. Inferiority complexes are the worst.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2011 3:31 AM

May 2010
What Nehaus wife is still alive, I thought she was dead need an explanation here !!
Aug 29, 2011 3:38 AM

May 2010
hmmm,love the action in this episode.so rin can finally control his flames,huh.Looking forward to the next episode now
Aug 29, 2011 4:09 AM

Aug 2011
watching this episode made me fallen more into this anime,, yahh.. looking forward to the next episode.

and,, since I only watch the anime,, knowing that nehaus has a wife... was pretty shocking, tsk.

Anyway,, It's just me or.. I think Shima looked cool in this episode XD lol
Aug 29, 2011 4:23 AM

Nov 2007
Jacut said:
A flock of unintroduced characters, unintroduced background and new developments out of the blue just to prove that Rin can use his blue flames. How much stuffier and random can this anime get ?
A flock of unintroduced characters? The only new characters this week was Neuhaus' wife and Ernest, who has actually already shown up in the opening scene of the first episode. The teachers and people at the monastery have already appeared previously and aren't important enough to be elaborated on either so unless you also count in the random exorcist mooks I don't see how two new characters are one too many =s.

Unintroduced background? If this is about Ernest then I really doubt you should be expecting them to spill the beans on what's obviously related to this new arc. Neuhaus? It was already explained before that he supposedly lost his family in the Blue Night when Satan possessed him and his wife being alive is all part of the mystery of whatever's going on so it's still early to judge that. We've been introduced to an artificial life research laboratory so that could very well tie into that.

Rin being able to use his flames is something I'll agree with as being too hasty but this whole 'Hero masters his skill/power in the face of a crisis' has been done before so it comes down to how willing a person is to accept that development and move on. As for the crisis being random, Yukio has already warned Rin that people would be after his life should they know his identity so being attacked by a person who hates Satan is nothing to be surprised of. Again, the arc just barely started so it's really too hasty to claim it as out of the blue yet.

I'd certainly like to hear your reasons for your claims. =)
Aug 29, 2011 7:08 AM

Apr 2011
YEX said:
What Nehaus wife is still alive, I thought she was dead need an explanation here !!

Nehaus wife definitely has something to do with the whole "Artificial life research" and the abandoned science lab (or whatever they called it lol)
Aug 29, 2011 7:28 AM
Apr 2011
Like the episode, i was kinda hoping that Rin would go to sleep when Yukio hit him wid the tranquilizer,but other wise it was nice. I love this episode it beats the bday one although i found it sweet. But wtf is with that spider women. Was she an experiment of the artificial life? hmmm
Aug 29, 2011 8:54 AM

May 2011
''Nie popuszczę takiego, powiązanego z Szatanem'' I say YES for polish accents in anime ; 3 this sentence seems somewhat wrong but anyway... miałam taki zaskok że najpierw siedziałam jak sparaliżowana gapiąc sie w ekran a potem to już tylko biegałam radośnie po domu pokazując to komu sie tylko dało mhahahaha ^ ^ ~! miło by było gdyby ta zamaskowana dziewczyna była Polką no ale... : / ech marzenia
Aug 29, 2011 9:32 AM

Sep 2010
Was I the only one who wasn't shocked about his wife..? LOL, to be honest I completely forgot about her.. :3

i was hoping Yukio would burst into flames though :o. Haven't read the manga yet but they make it pretty obvious that something will happen because of the blood test thing.. ~
Aug 29, 2011 10:57 AM
May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
020303 said:

It could be that professor eyepatch & his wife(the masked man) are polish, they could be Polish characters which is why it was written in Polish. The professor's name even sounds kind of european, forget how to pronounce lol.
You know tht would make total sense as of this episode. Our country really hates Satan and anything that comes from it that is sinful thus why I am surprised that even anime got to our country since last in 1989s it was not even possible nor I think it was till the Russians left, anyway point being we hate Satan and it was wise for them to associate the eye patch guy if they did such to Poland. We really and really are Satan haters. Don't know how many Polish people are with me but I know religious it's very much so.

Smart move to include Poland in general in this anime because to us Satan IRL is a like a Jew is to a Nazi. Basically shit! This that in anime for me as an example I take fiction as not real but IRL yeah I hate Satan for sure.

I don't think like that. We hate Satan? I've never thought like that but all time at school we played with occult jewellery. Even if in Poland are too many too religious grannies why someone from Japan is intrested in this? And why polish people must hate him? It's not like wars and taxes are becouse of him. If creators of AnE just came up with this by lottery it's very very strange. Every time I look at this episode I think I don't see clearly.
Aug 29, 2011 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
"Yukio, *breathe* I am your grandfather..."

Pretty action packed episode! I wonder what happened to the wife and what Shiemi has to do with it. Damn cliffhangers!

Aug 29, 2011 12:50 PM
Mar 2011
Rin is Too awesome to be described ~ His awesomeness is just too awesome ..
Wait .. What ? .. Whatever xD
He was finally able to control his flames <3
Yukio ( ; v ; )

Finally .. Mephisto's Going to get serious ..
He made a circle with fire .. in the air .. What's going to happen .. what's going to--
"Angel : *puts out fire* Don't play with fire in the middle of the night .."
Me : ( #___# )!!! ~ WTH .. Go to hell already , Bald-y .. Oh wait , Damn it !
Aug 29, 2011 1:12 PM

Jun 2009
Lol! Such a fuss about one gramtically incorrect sentence being used in this episode.
Also funneh how they decided to make Nehaus polish and give him such a rare name.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 29, 2011 4:43 PM
Aug 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Now I hope this FINALLY shows people just because you don't follow the manga doesn't mean you can't be a excellent show. This is just like FMA, went with original material, and was still an excellent series. As long as the writers are on their shit, don't matter what they pump out.
this episode really did make people shut up, ive seen a couple of people that are still butthurt but thats normal, some people just cant let things go,
Aug 29, 2011 7:00 PM

Aug 2011
I smell, a TRANSVESTITE!
Aug 29, 2011 7:53 PM
Aug 2011
Yanoflies said:
Wife was brought back to life or something?

Yukio is so annoying man, for fu_k sake. Inferiority complexes are the worst.
i dont think its inferiority complexes but he wants to protect rin since he knows hes gonna die, im not saying somthing form the manga im just infering this cause its really freaking obvious yukio is gonna die at this point, hes got a better chance at surviving by eating cyanide really
Aug 29, 2011 10:26 PM

Dec 2007
I just dont know what to think about Mephisto. I can not trust him.
Aug 29, 2011 11:53 PM
Feb 2009
o0 wife??
Aug 30, 2011 12:36 AM
Jun 2008
Kaydee-san said:
YEX said:

Nehaus wife definitely has something to do with the whole "Artificial life research" and the abandoned science lab (or whatever they called it lol)
combine a spider's DNA into a person's body? lol spiderman
Aug 30, 2011 3:18 AM
Feb 2011
Homunculus, anyone? That's what popped into my mind when I thought of artificial lifeforms.
If Nehaus' wife is truly dead, ^that is what that spider lady may be.

And it was kind of established from the start that Mephisto can't be trusted. The way this is going, it seems as if he wants to overthrow Satan using Rin. Or at least, that's what I'm predicting.
Aug 30, 2011 4:42 AM

Jul 2007
Wonder who is waiting..
Aug 30, 2011 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
Cool, Yukio vs. Spiderman.

I was gonna say /inb4 BRS... but it turns out they already copied it..
Aug 30, 2011 8:59 AM
Aug 2011
im kinda surprised hard;ly anyone has mentioned what shiemisaid/screamed in the preview, thats gotten me really exited for next ep
Aug 30, 2011 10:58 AM

Sep 2010
Oh, my! Now Yukio is acting like emo-boy(
Aug 30, 2011 11:22 AM
Jan 2011
molimo said:
holywater-handgrenade. Can this anime even become more epic?

Maybe
Aug 30, 2011 12:08 PM
Jan 2009
Negoroshi said:
''Nie popuszczę takiego, powiązanego z Szatanem'' I say YES for polish accents in anime ; 3 this sentence seems somewhat wrong but anyway... miałam taki zaskok że najpierw siedziałam jak sparaliżowana gapiąc sie w ekran a potem to już tylko biegałam radośnie po domu pokazując to komu sie tylko dało mhahahaha ^ ^ ~! miło by było gdyby ta zamaskowana dziewczyna była Polką no ale... : / ech marzenia

moja rekacja była podobna :D
Aug 30, 2011 2:11 PM

Jul 2011
I really enjoyed the action scenes in this episode. Rin finally can use his flames without hurt anybody. Epic win for a lazy half demon exorcist. (?)

Hungry for the next episode.
Aug 30, 2011 2:36 PM

May 2009
Oh wow, just wonderful. Rin, the guy completely clueless about controlling his powers, suddenly gains the ability to control the flames just when his friends were captured, travels at the speed of plot and arrives just in time, and we discover that not only he can manipulate his flames: he can hit with such precision that only the web gets burned and no one else gets hurt.

The only sensible way this could be explained is that the screenwriter pulled this plot development out of fucking nowhere.
Aug 30, 2011 2:52 PM
Aug 2011
Arashi89 said:
Oh wow, just wonderful. Rin, the guy completely clueless about controlling his powers, suddenly gains the ability to control the flames just when his friends were captured, travels at the speed of plot and arrives just in time, and we discover that not only he can manipulate his flames: he can hit with such precision that only the web gets burned and no one else gets hurt.

The only sensible way this could be explained is that the screenwriter pulled this plot development out of fucking nowhere.
he has had control of his flames for a while, he just recently mastered it
Aug 30, 2011 3:24 PM

May 2009
OsamaMyLlama said:
Arashi89 said:

Oh yeah, he has total control of his flames. I can totally buy it.

When did he start to train seriously to manipulate his power? Just two episodes ago. And now he can control them with meticulous precision and burn a target tied to another one, without burning the latter?

That's Deus ex machina, plain and simple.
Arashi89Aug 30, 2011 4:09 PM
Aug 30, 2011 8:29 PM

Feb 2010
Arashi89 said:
OsamaMyLlama said:
Arashi89 said:

When did he start to train seriously to manipulate his power? Just two episodes ago. And now he can control them with meticulous precision and burn a target tied to another one, without burning the latter?

already happened when he defeated amaimon out of no where.

the same with the paladin apearing with a bomber truck to stop mephisto.

this series if fuking stupid.
Aug 31, 2011 5:06 AM

Jul 2011
Arashi89 said:
OsamaMyLlama said:
Arashi89 said:

Shura just gave him an idea to light the candles correctly. It's Rin's nature to protect his new friends. He had to channel that idea when he was lighting the candles.

His flames most likely hit them, but didn't burn them cause he wasn't aiming to hurt them in the first place. Just like how Rin burned off the clothes of Yukio and Shura. His flames never hurt them physically.

I think Rin's flames were never going to hurt anyone in the first place. Everyone was just scared that it would have.
Aug 31, 2011 9:48 AM

Nov 2007
Arashi89 said:

When Shiemi got covered in Coal Tars while they were cleaning up the classroom, Rin set her on fire but she noted she wasn't being burnt. Rin set Yukio and Shura on fire but only burnt most of their clothes off while they were completely fine. I won't deny the end result was rushed but at the same time it was properly alluded to and not 'out of fucking nowhere'.

Vanisher said:
this series if fuking stupid.
Stop watching this. Seriously, you're not enjoying this so go watch something else you like.
Aug 31, 2011 11:30 AM

Oct 2008
Was Rin seriously only able to start controlling his flames right when his friends were in danger or what.
Aug 31, 2011 12:32 PM
Aug 2011
polyrhythm- said:
Was Rin seriously only able to start controlling his flames right when his friends were in danger or what.
read the post above you

Arashi89 said:

and you
Aug 31, 2011 5:59 PM

Apr 2011
GOD i love this anime! So Rin & Yukio have a grandfather?! WHO WAS THERE MOTHER? DO WE FIND OUT?! so many questions lol

anyway, great episode and i can't wait til the next one XD
Aug 31, 2011 9:21 PM

Mar 2008
In anime and in manga I will always hate Angel >.< Why take Mephisto?? But then again we don't even know that powers he has in the manga... Maybe that was smart from them haha. But it's obvious that Nehaus is behind the damn Lab for his wife is alive...

Yukio *eye twitches* I bet they won't revealed what's happening to him until they do in the manga... which I'm guessing if its going to happen in season 2...

Grandfather?? *eye twitches again* Why introduce someone who's not in the manga.. Maybe he will explain what's happening to Yukio... But why only Yukio?? Maybe he hates Rin..

*twitches*

I just want to see the Impure King Arc.. Is that so hard to ask?? =[
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Sep 1, 2011 2:34 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, when did this turn into a lame angsty shitty anime with terribad art?
The art was terrible in this episode, so much QUALITY, it hurt. It's like A-1 doesn't have any money anymore.
Sep 1, 2011 3:35 PM

Dec 2009
Arashi89 said:

Honestly, gotta agree with this post.... this episode felt rushed and filled with plot "duct tape". I know that they have to finish the series up soon, but this episode was still way to unrealistic. It was even more painful than the usual shounen powerups to me...
Sep 2, 2011 5:59 AM

Aug 2009
that scene with the masked woman running away reminded me of spiderman lol
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.