Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 25, 2014 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
Next up.

Jun 22, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
on to the next
Jul 29, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2015
Nice, appreciate the symbolism of Luffy's actions with ringing the bell and all.. wonder what the new tattoos on his arms represent?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 29, 2017 6:28 PM

May 2014
That whole ceremony Luffy did was really touching- paying his respects to Ace & Whitebeard and basically making a silent pledge to carry the new era in their stead.

Also that tattoo/writing he had on his arm looked eerily similar to Ace's...I'm thinking it was some sort of message to his crew or something??

But yeah, this ep definitely had that "end of an era" feel with the whole ceremony thing, Sengoku and Garp unofficially stepping down, and then the Supernovas making it to the New World.

Kid is crazy af btw.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2017 8:22 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Luffy just going to marineford like its no big deal gave me shivers and idk everythig. sooo much feels

Oct 9, 2017 3:35 AM

Feb 2013
The rookies are making a move.
Shin Sekai is a really dangerous place.
Jun 5, 2019 4:57 AM

Jun 2016
Crazy episode, one that I think showed the strength of the world building in One Piece quite phenomenally. The world is seriously changing. Garp and Sengoku both essentially retired, I can't imagine Garp can continue fighting as he had after he was forced to let his boy Ace die. And Sengoku feels its his time to pass the torch to Aokiji as the next Fleet Admiral, which I must say is an excellent pick. Out of the three admirals, he is the only good pick from the understanding we have of the other two. Smoker is continuing to chase Luffy by moving to the New World branch of the Navy, I suppose he did take up the job of stopping pirates from entering the Grand Line so Luffy is his responsibility in his eyes. Coby has awakened Haki as many of us expected and with the courage he challenged Luffy and Akainu with it's put him on a path of growing truly strong. With Moria dead, and Blackbeard and Jimbei betraying the navy its opened up three Warlord spots, we can presume some rookies will get in there but no matter what seeing 3 new Warlords should be fascinating. Meanwhile we have Crocodile and Jimbei still influencing the world in their own ways and no longer tied to the government. Finally, Blackbeard is most definitely going to take the spot of the 4th Emperor. If my eyes didn't deceive me it also appears that Blackbeard 'took down' a rookie, so did he kill one of the supernovas? We know Luffy, Zoro, Law, Kid, Killer, Hawkins, Capone, and Urouge are alive. Therefore, it would have to be Bonney, Apoo, or Drake if my math is right... I feel this will be important going forward.

Luffy has made some serious allies. Like a young Roger, strong willed and supported by Shanks, who also helped his friend Hachi, Rayleigh took a liking to Luffy. And Jimbei respects the hell out of him for how he fought for Ace, someone they both loved. So to introduce the scene as, 'Mugiwara no Luffy who caused the riot at impel down, burnt enies lobby to the ground and played an instrumental role in the war, Jimbei the former warlord, and rogers second man Rayleigh' are here and strolling back into the war zone like it's nobody's business got me incredibly excited. It was also more than exciting, it was powerful. Luffy, Jimbei, and Rayleigh sailing in to ring the bell of a new era, to say goodbye to Ace and pay respects to those who fell during this war, and to finally start moving on. Nobody can stop Luffy from giving a proper goodbye, not even the navy, and not himself either. <3 It's notable he had a tattoo that read, "3D2Y", one very reminiscent of Ace's! I read it as not 3 days but 2 years as someone else has mentioned as well.

So, the end showed us most of the supernova's have gone past Luffy and moved into the New World. Most are over their heads. We saw that weird magnetic force which pulled Capone upwards. We saw the lightening island which would be a hell for anyone as well as the Granny who freakishly approached Urouge. Then we also had some not so bad takes, Kid was doing fine although it felt to me he was in over his head not even realizing it as he psychotically attacked the fleeing pirates for being cowards. And Hawkins seemed to destroy Brown Beard which read to me as him doing exceptionally well out there. I can't wait to see our crew venture out into a world so much harsher than anything before it. It's also quite striking that the Grand Line, the place that pirates were said to go to die in the East Blue is known as Paradise in comparison to the New World.
Nov 29, 2020 9:33 PM

May 2016
It turned out that Luffy actually went back there to pay respects to everyone who lost their lives in the War of the Best and to signal the beginning of a new era of pirates! It's also interesting that he now has a new tattoo on his arm that looks a lot like Ace's.

The New World is insane. I can't wait to see more of it!

Jun 1, 2021 5:37 AM

Jun 2019
We love Aokiji here...
Apr 11, 2022 11:16 AM

Dec 2012
This is such a fantastic setup episode - both for Luffy's decision as well as catching a glimpse of the tumultuous New World.
Jan 1, 2023 8:27 AM
Dec 2022
One of the biggest thriller episode ever
Jun 23, 2023 8:46 AM
Oct 2019
Wait, what's that Tattoo on Luffy right arm?

Coby got Haki? šŸ˜±
Jul 19, 2023 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
These types of episodes never get tiring, just hyping thing up and showing how big the world truly is.

Something that caught my interest was how the 5 elders had no confidence in their military power saying that only one of the emperors of the sea could take down Black Beard.

I’m curious to see the new bounties for Luffy, Blackbeard and Jinbe.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 388 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Feb 8, 2009

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Feb 2, 2009

59 by gannoncannon55 »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 386 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GRIZZAT - Jan 16, 2009

67 by gannoncannon55 »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 216 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

49 by kejora »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 385 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jan 18, 2009

59 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.